[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want for s3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: images[1].jpg (12KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
12KB, 284x177px
What do you want for s3?
>>
Better writers
>>
File: ev_c05_l.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ev_c05_l.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
End it now. Have Urobuchi produce a Kikokugai anime adaption. It's literally what made people call him Urobutcher, and is what put Nitro+ on the map.
>>
not garbage
>>
Memes
>>
>>149532932
A competent staff.
>>
>>149532932
More Kougami.
Less Akane.

Some happiness for Ginoza.
>>
>>149532932
I want him to fuck the blonde doctor.
>>
People watch this shit? I lasted til like ep 10 until I wanted to kill myself and all the writers.
>>
>>149536295
In S1? What did you not like exactly?
Do you just dislike police/detective stories, or was it the dystopian plot?
>>
It to never exist. 2 painful seasons are enough.
>>
>>149532932
Kogami returning.
Dead Mika.
More Akane bullying brains in the jars.
Less tepid brainless bait like this >>149536295
>>
I want to know more about the oats.
>>
File: 1455268983001.jpg (271KB, 899x505px) Image search: [Google]
1455268983001.jpg
271KB, 899x505px
Kagari returning to save the day.
>>
>>149536525
I love how morons like you get sucked in by this garbage.

Basically, this show is an attempt to create a second Ghost in the Shell, where every dialogue is supposed to address some really heavy existentialism issues, but the result is definitely weaker and sillier. The GitS cast was all mature and cynical, while the Psycho-pass one is a bunch of psychopaths and girl scouts, too emotional or acting in a way that is highly unfit to their age or line of work.

There is no room for the characters to be anything more than caricatures for the same reason. The criminal cases are stand-alones, so they leave no room to develop a character or theme before they are thrown to the side. You are not supposed to get a clear answer to the moral questions, or even a rightful catharsis to the characters. You are supposed to feel shocked with all that and start thinking yourself where will all that lead. Meaning, it’s the usual Uroboshi style of mentioning something but never elaborating, as means to get an emotional and mental reaction. It’s just cheap and leaves no room for characterization. And it is not even presented so well, since eventually there are several plot holes in the core rules of the show.

As for the concept, The setting is the future, when technology can now measure a person’s stress levels as means to estimate if it’s unstable and violent. Basically you get this numeric scale, if you pass the safety limit you need medical treatment, and if you refuse it or get to danger zones, they send people after you to capture or kill you. The police are using such people with high numbers in their missions, as means to fight fire with fire. And said people are armed with specially designed guns that measure the target and decide the proper course of action. It sure has some very interesting themes regarding morality in it. Here are some I have pinpointed.
>>
>>149537818
- Is it ok to treat someone as a criminal without having committed a crime, just because his “soul” reads negative?
- Is it ok to shoot at people just because you are ordered to?
- Won’t a criminal be pushed into doing far more violent actions if he is told he can’t be treated as a citizen anymore?
- Is it ok to treat other people in an inhumane way, as long as you manage to keep your head cool?
- Does life have any significance if it’s devoid of pain and suffering?

And that is pretty much all there is to it. It addresses all its themes in a superficial and pretentious way. Although it does manage to make you wonder a lot about them, it is otherwise not doing anything besides scratching the surface and trying to scare you with gore and mystery.

The setting is dystopian, so nothing is really rosy in it. The society depicted in the show is messed up and the security system is all full of loop holes and things that make no sense. Basically, you see lots of neat stuff regarding “how they work” but very little regarding “why they are as such”. And that is why I never liked Uroboshi’s plot-driven/shock factor overflow stories. Everything may sound nice on paper and shinny on screen but when you try to analyze them, they are all confusing and contradictory. They are never elaborated past the obvious, since as soon as one case is over, so are its themes. I especially don’t like how he never gives free will to his characters and strives mostly to manipulate the emotions of the superficial viewers instead of elaborating upon his concepts. The result is a show full of annoyance and derp moments for not having characters with an actual opinion of the world they are living in. What follows is an analysis of all the interesting stuff you can find in this show and how they fare when analyzed.
>>
>>149537818
>>149537849
I just liked the man-hunt with the old geezer chasing the MC with his rifle and dogs in the first part.
In the second part I liked MC runing away from confinement just to spend his time chasing the villain to kill him.

I found it as pretentious as you can find a cops or a revenge story(not that much)
>>
>>149537440
This. Why are they hyper? Do you go hyper if you eat them?
>>
More Akane
>>
>>149532932
To vacate airtime for a better show.
>>
>>149537818
Makishima will answer half of your questions if you keep watching the show.
And you're lucky, if you watch it in December, you can share mfw Makishima shaved Christmas.
Also,
>I love how morons like you get sucked in by this garbage.
Please, stop being so pretentious, it's embarassing to watch.
>>
I haven't seen S2 since some friends told me it was pretty shit, how bad is it?, I've got plenty of other shit follow up seasons to catch up with so any help at knowing how bad its going to be is good.

Also this really pissed me off
>random criminals make weapons out of home tools
>including a nail gun with a digital display that counts every individual nail left inside it, something not even real rifles have
>all gunpowder weapons shown in the series are old break action rifles and revolvers, seems nothing semi auto or full auto survived and you need to go back to museum weapons if you want a gun
>but you can easily find a powerful nail gun with "ammo" count displays capable of killing people

Kinda stupid home tools were better guns
>>
>>149537849
1) Concept: The police are using criminals to capture other criminals. They don’t want the police officers to experience too much stress that will raise them to dangerous levels. But it’s ok to use those that have already crossed the limit, since there is no salvation for them. Technically, the police is fighting fire with fire by letting someone else to lit the fuse, not risking to think or act like those that it tries to lock away.
Analysis: That is a bit silly of course, since the criminals are unstable to be considered trustworthy, forced like slaves to capture others like them. Plus it is stressful to have police officers LOOKING at these atrocious crimes, even if they don’t need to personally press the trigger against the criminals. In fact some of them end up becoming criminals because of that. One could say that the present police force is not any better, as many police officers are corrupt or become too violent because of their jobs, and there are many cases where they use criminals in order to uncover and arrest other criminals. The investigators of the show are not a better variant, just a different one.

2) Concept: New police officers are completely oblivious to what they are supposed to do. They don’t even know how to hold a gun.
Analysis: A rookie that doesn’t even know the fundamentals is bound to cause more trouble than help in a job that required a lot of cunningness and readiness. But that is the thing with the society of the series; it doesn’t really prepare you for violence since it keeps its citizens in complete bliss, as means to protect their sanity. Most of them don’t even recognize a crime even when they see it happening. Police officers are just observers; it is the criminal executioners who are supposed to do all the work, like profiling each case or shooting. The police officers are of course still exposed to violence and death but supposed they are kept safe if they do close to nothing.
>>
>>149532932
A delivered shipment
>>
>>149532932
that it actually ends rather than an open-ended ending.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.