[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post series that used to be great but at some point nosedived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: Vol 1.png (2MB, 822x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Vol 1.png
2MB, 822x1280px
Post series that used to be great but at some point nosedived off a cliff.
>>
>>149417449
Fuck off, retard
>>
>>149417567
t. Salty Magifag
>>
>>149417449
Tokyo Ghoul:re
>>
File: 449138.jpg (46KB, 317x475px) Image search: [Google]
449138.jpg
46KB, 317x475px
>>149417449
>>
>>149417449
Most shounen series
>>
Nothing ITT was ever great in the first place. Your tastes are just slightly above garbage tier so the watchable parts seemed amazing.
>>
>>149418015
What's you're favourite anime, anon?
>>
File: 098.jpg (3KB, 479x466px) Image search: [Google]
098.jpg
3KB, 479x466px
>>149417449
>>
>>149418043
How is that relevant to anything? You're poorly written shounen will still remain just that.
>>
>>149418085
I just wanna get to know you :3
>>
>>149418085
On what planet is HxH poorly written?
>>
>>149417449
Magi is garbage now. Waste of time.
>>
File: LISTEN UP MY NEN.png (226KB, 720x470px) Image search: [Google]
LISTEN UP MY NEN.png
226KB, 720x470px
>>149418175
This one.
>>
File: 1476601565609.jpg (44KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
1476601565609.jpg
44KB, 900x507px
>>
>>149418085
*Your

>>149418085
I doubt we'd get along but whatever. Gosenzo-sama, Ashita no Joe, Belladonna, Only Yesterday and K-On.

>>149418175
It's far from being a good story. It's a random compilation of shounen arcs loosely tied together by bullshit. On top of that it doesn't really go anywhere and ends incomplete. But if you define good writing as engaging shounun battles with pseudo-tactics that are better handled than most other genre counterparts, then I guess it is.
>>
File: NnT_Key_Visual_2.png (2MB, 1000x1424px) Image search: [Google]
NnT_Key_Visual_2.png
2MB, 1000x1424px
>>
>>149418375
149418085(You)
>I doubt we'd get along but whatever. Gosenzo-sama, Ashita no Joe, Belladonna, Only Yesterday and K-On.
Meant for>>149418104
>>
>>149418375
>It's a random compilation of shounen arcs
Most of the series is taken up by arcs that are anti-shounen, namely Yorkshin and Chimera Ant.
>loosely tied together by bullshit
How are they loosely tied together? Explain.
>On top of that it doesn't really go anywhere
Its individual story arcs are top tier. Unless you're one of those guys who feels there should have been le epic shonen fights instead of the masterfully written anti-climaxes I don't see how you could reach this opinion.
>and ends incomplete
It's an ongoing manga.
>But if you define good writing as engaging shounun battles
I define good writing as things like thought-out parallels and symbology, huge character development, and engaging use of the medium it's based in. HxH excels in any formal definition of good writing you could give, really.
>>
>>149417449
Sinbad ruined it.
>>
>>149418623
>
I counter your Yorkshin and Chimera Ant with election and pretty much all other arcs.
>How are they loosely tied together? Explain.
The continuity is random.
>I won a virtual reality game!!! Magic card take me to humanoid supersayen bugs country. I-I mean to my dad.

>masterfully written anti-climaxes
Oh for fucks sake. Am I being baited here? Almost every arc ends with a fight/action sequence. They just don't conclusively end or they give some decent catharsis after the action. Action is what always actually settles things.

>HxH excels in any formal definition of good writing you could give
>>149418288 Among other things in hxh that clash with your own definition
>>
>>149417449
The message of this manga is basically telling the reader to always obey God, had the foolish humans of the previous reality simply do as Illah intended with the magic bestowed to them none of this nonsense would he happening at all, Aladdin's mom is a stupid muh equality bitch that ruined everything as Ugo already had science on space and time thats like 20,000 years ago ahead of our world and they found immortality as well.

Sinbad seeks to make a world without PHYSICAL WAR economic war is different yet people still suffer during economic wars, he wants to capitalize the entire planet and disband all armies, all disputes would be solved by economic actions not military actions.

David most likely wants to ohh the edge the world along with Arba.
>>
>>149419109
>election
The character-driven political thriller with literally one fight? This is supposed to be the shounen arc? You can't be serious right?
>The continuity is random.
You can greentext paraphrase anything to make it sound dumb. Gon won the game created by his father specifically engineered to lead him to Kite, a character we knew about since the 1st chapter.
>Oh for fucks sake. Am I being baited here? Almost every arc ends with a fight/action sequence
Literally only Greed Island does, what the fuck are you smoking?
>They just don't conclusively end or they give some decent catharsis after the action. Action is what always actually settles things.
Illumi telling Killua he was born to be an assassin and forfeiting the exam, Kurapika choosing his allies over his revenge, Meruem growing humanity and coming to terms with his mortality, and Pariston winning the election? This is what you consider action?
>Among other things in hxh that clash with your own definition
Why would you cite that meme post when your initial comment about the series ending proves you haven't read the manga? How does that clash with my definition when that facet of the Nen system was known about and employed hundreds of chapters in advance? Wew. People who shit on HxH are usually stupid but this is something else
>>
>>149419468
>This is supposed to be the shounen arc
What it technically is, is irrelevant, my point was that it is mediocre. Like most arcs apart form the darker two.
>>149419468
>greentext paraphrase anything to make it sound dumb
It's not that dumb. I was trying to prove that the author had a cool idea of what he wanted to do next and that the continuity clearly is not based on something that would logically follow the things that happened before. And most transitions in hxh are like that.
>Literally only Greed Island does,
York is resolved by kurapika shitting on Phantoms before they run away. Chimera ends with the bomb killing bug king. Greed has a volleyball match. Hunter exam has a small fighting tournament. I'm not denying that some arcs give growth and catharsis to characters but for majority of them a final fight is integral to their resolution, more so than the character progression.
> haven't read the manga
Has the manga even completed an arc after what the anime adapted? Anyway I'm sure your definition of good writing fits hxh perfectly seeing how it was modelled after it. If you would call that pic an asspull or not doesn't really matter to it being contrived as all hell.
>>
>>149418071
Bleach didn't nose-dive so much as it ran in a straight line and then fell into a hole some asshole coyote had painted into the ground.
>>
File: HajimenoIppo_vol1_Cover.jpg (51KB, 260x399px) Image search: [Google]
HajimenoIppo_vol1_Cover.jpg
51KB, 260x399px
>>149417449
>>
Beelzebub
>>
>>149419140
Aladdin and Baba will likely abolish fate altogether.
>>
>>149419140
Sinbad admitted to himself that his goal isn't really to end wars.
>>
File: 553.imgcache.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
553.imgcache.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
>>149417449
>>
Theres people who like HxH, and then theres 10 year olds who don't have an attention span that can endure the Chimera Arc.
>>
File: yamato damashii.png (1MB, 1432x2958px) Image search: [Google]
yamato damashii.png
1MB, 1432x2958px
>>149420887
every thread
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.