[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's next for Psycho Pass? I actually really like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
What's next for Psycho Pass?

I actually really like it
Yes even the movie
>>
>>149401538
>Yes even the movie
The movie's not the part people hate, though.
>>
Me too, we're probably the only ones.

>>149401572
Nah, there was significant amounts of whining going on about the movie.
>>
>>I actually really like it
>>yes even the movie
Okay cool, you and most other people who watched Psycho Pass.

I'm hoping for a season 3 written and animated by the original staff. Hopefully with less CG though. Hell I'll even take another vn as long as we get a proper follow up to season 1. Season 2 was so far removed from what made the series good and it was such a self contained story with new characters you can basically just retcon it out of existence.
>>
Movie was trash but season 1 was great.

Season 2 was an abomination and should never have actually been made. Season 2 should have been the ending of the show with the end of Kogami and the destruction of sybil system. Instead we got such a shitty Makishima wannabe fag as the main antagonist in Season 2.
>>
>>149401642
Not nearly as much as for S2.
>>
File: ph72.jpg (449KB, 2752x1952px) Image search: [Google]
ph72.jpg
449KB, 2752x1952px
Psycho Pass; The Emperor's New Clothes of anime
>>149401656
>>149401712
There's literally no difference in quality between both seasons.

>Season one was a poorly animated poorly written cringefest with a very stupid tweest that retards let slide because Urobuchi wrote it
>Season two was a poorly animated poorly written cringefest with a very stupid tweest that retards think is the worse thing ever because Uroouchi didn't write it

The movie manages to be even more stupid than both seasons but since its written by Urobuchi its considered a return to form.

But when you considered that the fanbase of this mainly consist of fujoshi then everything makes sense.
>>
>>149401642
Only whining I ever saw was about the engrish
>>
Can someone explain to me why the movie was bad while is better.
>>
>>149402540
-Plot is really dumb
-Engrish
-Nobody other than Akane is relevant
Shit still isn't resolved from the TV series and the movie is largely just fanservice for fans

+Nice action
+Good animation
+While still dumb in many aspects it pretty much the most honest and least offensive PP production

In short it depends on what you expect from PP at this point. If you're one of those pseudo intellectuals that thought the show was "smart" and had something to say then you'[re going to be disappointing but if you're going into it expecting it to be as dumb and the TV series and just want to see a few well-choreographed action set pieces then its worth a watch.
>>
>>149402105
What are you talking about? The writing for the first season was great. The characters had excellent motivations and the world/story were internally consistent. The second season throws that out the window with nonsensical plot points, character motivations/actions and world building. It wasn't the best ever but to say it's of a poor quality is being intellectually dishonest at best.
>>
>>149401642
The only negative I've heard about the movie was the horrible engrish and cg usage.
>>
I don't think S 2 would've been bad if Season 1 wasn't a thing. S2 somehow tries their damnest to break every rule established in season 1 and causes the suspension of disbelief to fail because of it.

Season 2 should've just been an original series called Asshole Cops
>>
Can I skip s2 if I want to watch the film?
>>
>>149404303
The film comes before S2.
>>
>>149404303
Yes.
>>
>>149404330
>>149404342
k thanks
>>
>>149401538
There never was supposed to be anything next for Psycho-Pass. Thats why thebfirst season ended a bit ambiguously. Though entertaining, S2 and the movie were cashgrabs that came nowhere near the quality of S1.
>>
>>149401642
I'm pretty sure most of /a/ who liked s1 liked the movie, keyword: most.
It's s2 that's almost universally hated, and for good reasons.
>>
>>149404330
>>149404303
Film comes after movie, you can tell from haircuts and how the characters interact. But the movie pretty much doesn't build on anything from s2, since urobuchi didn't even write it, so you'll be fine.
>>
File: (84KB, 554x460px) Image search: [Google]
84KB, 554x460px
>>149404065
>The writing for the first season was great. The characters had excellent motivations and the world/story were internally consistent.
>>
>>149406820
Compelling argument. Thanks for stopping by.
>>
File: urobuchi did nuthin' wrong.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
urobuchi did nuthin' wrong.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>149404065
No, what are you talking about? Psycho Pass had very insipid writing which literally beat you over the head with all the shit it ripped off and the wasn't consistent at all considering how the compunds of the system is very poorly thought out in itself. How the fuck can you say that season two was more nonsensical when season one ended with brains in a fucking jar? I'm constantly going to make fun of faggots like you who likes this bullshit because every time you retards fail to explain what was great about Psycho Pass writing and why season 2 is a disgrace when it was the same fucking bullshit. But I already know the answer to this question.
>>
>>149406861
Its about as much of an argument as you deserve. Anyone who thought Psycho Pass had great writing should be lynched for being so stupid.
>>
I want S3, the threads were too fun.
>>
>>149407133
>/pol/ and /lit/ except more stupid

No thanks
>>
>>149407184
/pol/ and /lit/ like screaming SPOOKIE BOOGIE, making songs about McDonald's, and calling each other Makishima when they get 000 digits?
>>
>>149401656
I just want more movies, fuck tv anime
>>
>>149407408
>SPOOKIE BOOGIE, making songs about McDonald's, and calling each other Makishima when they get 000 digits
Yeah...stupid.
>>
>>149407025
You're going to have to accept things with sci fi since its just that. Science fiction. Key work being fiction. The idea of human brains being used as a computer network isnt so ridiculous though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_theory_of_mind
The system itself isn't perfect and the show likes to ride the line of if it's really worth it. The movie expands on this idea a bit further but the system basically takes full control over citizens lives, which is horrible, but largely makes people happier and safer.

The problem with season 2 is that all of the internal rules set up in season 1 (that were consistent in season 1) are now thrown out the window and coupled with bizarre plot points that aren't even thought through. I cant remember the guys name but the Kogami replacement knows that the sibyl system is a bunch of asymptomatic brains but how? why? None of this is explained. Reaching the limit here so will continue...
>>
>>149407587
Kogami 2.0 wants to blacken Akane's hue and has the backing of his mother (who is a part of the system now) but how is this possible? The system knows it needs her and it has been stated that the brains all need to reach a conclusion before they can act on something so why dont they stop her?
Half way through the series an enforcer gets captured by some guy because he cant be enforced and thus she gets surprised and taken out. She escapes her restraints and takes her dominator back only to again realize that she cant enforce this guy but she acts surprised like she never knew this.
Main bad guy is a guy who has been in an accident and has had over 100 peoples body parts added to his own and somehow this makes him have over 100 personalities in his body. This is trying to parallel the system but it falls flat because there's no way that makes any kind of sense even on a basic level.
>>
>>149407587
>I-i-i-i-i-t's science fiction
That is the most pathetic excuse you could have possibly have given let alone excuse the fact that's a big contradiction there
>Brains in jar governing society!
>Seems probable

>Character that's an amalgamation of different personas?
>This is bullshit

Fucking hysterical!
>>
>>149407845
nice misrepresentation of my argument. my point was that it isn't far fetched like getting a transplant and having that persons personality override yours periodically. The science is there albeit wishy washy theoretical science. Its a bunch of brains working together and using their collective computing power to decide whether someone should be killed or not. season 2 turns Psycho Pass from a science fiction story into a science fantasy story.
>>
>>149407587
>The idea of human brains being used as a computer network isnt so ridiculous though
You may want to actually read that article you quote but asking a Psycho Piss drinker to actually read research is asking too much because the situation is just as unethical and improbable as it sounds.
>The system itself isn't perfect and the show likes to ride the line of if it's really worth it. The movie expands on this idea a bit further but the system basically takes full control over citizens lives, which is horrible, but largely makes people happier and safer.
That makes no fucking sense especially when we're never given insight into what people's lives are with the system in place just that the possibility of what can come about it, Ironically enough its the second season that brings up these questions, the first seasons ends on a somber note with nothing being resolved and yet people still say that the second season is nonsensical and shouldn't be related when its he part of the story in which The System actually gets any sort of relevance.

>The problem with season 2 is that all of the internal rules set up in season 1 (that were consistent in season 1) are now thrown out the window
It doesn't throw out anything BECAUSE THERE WAS BARELY ANY TO BEGIN WITH, what it does is just expand upon everything set from the previous season the problem arises because all that mystery that was to be had in season is gone and turns out to be just as stupid as it sounds.
>>
>>149407794
Akane's partner acts out and disrespects her because she doesn't agree with her methods. Although she plays it off like this is something new and that she hasnt been a part of her unit for the better part of a year. She expresses her feelings to the enforcers who tell her that Akane knows what shes doing and despite that she goes to the chief and gets told the same thing. She STILL refuses all of this based on nothing. Akane gets results, has the blessing of the chief and enforcers and yet she still acts like Akane has fucked up somewhere. It's completely misplaced. Ginoza in the first season had a reason to be by the book and hating how informal Akane got with the enforcers. He even had an arc dedicated to this resulting in his change of heart.
>>
Any anime not as well known as psycho pass thats as good as s1?
>>
>>149407587
>>The problem with season 2 is that all of the internal rules set up in season 1 (that were consistent in season 1) are now thrown out the window
There was no internal rules because it was barely explained in except, we just had a vague pretense of rules and then we're introduced to brain in a jar.
>>149407999
Its very far fetched and even the show points out the absurdity of having a governing mandated by brains in a jar is. Psycho Pass was always a Science Fantasy story and Season 2 did nothing but confirmed this because you were too fucking stupid to see it.
>>149408253
Read a fucking book idiot.
>>
File: 1471966805617.jpg (53KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471966805617.jpg
53KB, 960x720px
>>149407999
>Brains in a jar isn't as farfetched as a frankenstein
>>
>>149408286
Im actually from /lit/, only watched a few of them but most bore me, they seem written by autismos, was just looking to dash out unknown ones if i stubmled apon them. Nigger.
>>
>>149404303
Season 2 is just terrible. It can be skipped entirely and you won't miss a damn thing. Nothing happens in that season. It was just a cheap cash grab while the original staff worked on the movie. Season 2 has no reason to exist and there is no reason to watch it.
>>
>>149401572
The movie was legitimately worse then season 2 in every way possible.
>>
File: tumblr_mb3rscyD1I1r8l831.png (110KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb3rscyD1I1r8l831.png
110KB, 429x410px
In a world where an individual's Psycho-Pass basically means everything to them, why do the Dominators explode people into big goopy messes? That's just gonna end up raising the Psycho-Pass/stress level of everyone who sees it happen.
>>
>>149404303
Yes.
>>
>>149401538
Only retards still want anything from the show and them being retards, they want things that the show isn't going to explore.
>>
>>149408567
Best dystopian stories:
Shinsekai Yori (anime) - /u/ and /y/ pandering in one episode only
1984 (book)
Hyperion Cantos (book)
Traitor Baru Comorant (book) - /u/ pandering
The Broken Earth (book) - one small /y/ pandering section in first book, nill in second
The Natural History of Fear (Doctor Who audio)
Shades of Grey - the Road to High Saffron (book)
The Giver (book)
Animal Farm (book)
>>
>>149401538
The movie was great. The only problem is the engrish and some of the fight scenes.

We're going to get S3 eventually, they'll probably expand on fact that Sybil can judge a collective. Kogami becoming Makishima, ect.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.