[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Guaranteed success tropes in any anime/mango

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>Has time-travel.
>Morally ambiguous main character.
>Very loose religious backdrop or contextual underpinnings.
>An original take on a historical stereotype.
>Hyper-realistic style with a story chronicling Japanese history.
>>
Boku no pico doesn't scratch any of those.

Atheists 0
>>
>>149393228
>morally ambiguous main character

?
>>
>>149393135
Time-travel is actually a bad thing in most of the series
>>
>>149393421
>Code Geass
>Darker than Black
>Sabagebu
>>
>implying any of those things are necessarily bad.
Borges and Akutagawa did the original take thing with literature and they weren't acclaimed just because it was something never seen before, but rather because they did it smartly and could actually craft a compelling story that wasn't just a rehash or ez deconstruction.

Intertextuality (for need of a label for this approach) is a natural phenomenon in the field of arts, that occurs when an individual 'genius' or movement realizes the established popular authors churn out unoriginal crap one after another and the public is too brain-dead to ask for anything original or better .
>>
>>149397343
>Borges

All Spanish writers are shit.
>>
I've always felt have a main character die is lazy writing that people seem to lap up.
>>
Anything could succeed in spite of those cliches you named.

>An original take on a historical stereotype.
Except that one, and you should be cynical enough to understand why.
>>
>>149397494
Especially when the main character narrated the pilot.
>>
>>149397413
u're shit m8 fite me
>>
>tropes that guarantee success
>muscle men
>poses
>ass pulls
>power levels
>>
>>149397413
Let me guess. You read some Penguin translation of Borges? I read him in the original and I've watched and read every one of his interviews and his non fiction works. He's the undisputed GOAT when it comes to crafting a short story, followed by a couple Russians. Next time I visit Europe I'll make a detour to Switzerland just to visit his grave. Do you think I care about your statement? But since you seem keen on generalizations, let me spin this your way: all people are entitled to have their own opinions (doesn't necessarily mean they are true or even valid).
>>
>Cute girls.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.