[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come western artists can't accurately copy anime art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How come western artists can't accurately copy anime art style? It always seems off for some reason.
>>
>>149355500
Because Japs see the world in wide screen. Westerners don't have that handicap.
>>
>>149355603
Are you saying that the reason anime eyes are so big is due to Asian eyes and that to the Japanese the eyes are actually much more realistic?
>>
>>149355500
Americans and not "western"
>>
You lack the Yamato Damashi.
>>
>>149355500
They probably could if they really wanted to. They're just not trying all that hard, because they're still drawing in their own personal style, and not attempting a 1:1 remake of what they're drawing.
>>
>>149355956
On a scale that includes Japanese people? Yes they fucking are.
>>
Because they have trained in western art.

If you have a wide variety of techniques you're bound to use them now that it's natural to your process.

I've seen plenty of western artists that draw anime style perfectly... when they have to be on model. If the source material is there and the entire goal is to draw something that looks identical they can do fine, but ask them to just draw a character from memory and they will fall back on what they know.
>>
>>149355500
because the things you see that are good, you assume are from Japanese people. And the things you see as bad, you assume are from western artists.
There are skilled and unskilled people in both groups.
>>
>>149355500
Dofus and Oban.
>>
>>149355603
I wanted you to know that I laughed really hard at this anon
>>
>>149355500
Is Dan Kim western?
>>
>>149355500
What about tumblr art?
>>
>>149357173
but they're east of japan.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.