[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Griffith's plans for Charlotte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: charl.jpg (100KB, 435x609px) Image search: [Google]
charl.jpg
100KB, 435x609px
So how exactly was he going to make this work? Sure, he'd attained lordship and even gotten the band of the hawk to be part of Midland's regular army, but I don't see how he possibly could have gotten the King of Midland to agree to their marriage. Maybe he was planning to assassinate the King of Midland (like he did to his wife) and then immediately marry Charlotte? Or maybe he just underestimated how fucked up the King of Midland was when it comes to Charlotte.
>>
>>149256949
>he just underestimated how fucked up the King of Midland was when it comes to Charlotte
Pretty much this. The nature of the king's feelings toward Charlotte only became clear to Griffith when the torture started.
>>
>>149256949
Eventually would had sent Guts to murder him
>>
File: colars.jpg (691KB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
colars.jpg
691KB, 3000x1500px
>>149257665
Pretty much, I think he had some idea that marrying Charlotte would be harder than he hoped for, but he didn't know about the incest stuff until later.

Also, which one? LEFT or RIGHT
>>
>>149256949
>>149257665
The King would have no say against the marriage if Griffith just kept his cool.

If he did, he would have died.

Simple as that.
>>
File: 1464492145624.jpg (944KB, 1304x906px) Image search: [Google]
1464492145624.jpg
944KB, 1304x906px
>>149256949

I don't even understand how kingdom ownership is an issue at this point.

I'll preface my expansion of that statement by saying I'm not all the way caught up. I'm up to where Guts n co. get to some city in Midland (forget which) and Isidro and that knight fag fight off some would be pirates.

So from what I've seen, Griffith manifested into the normal realm is op op. According to battles we've seen and loli witch's explanations, creatures like him are not susceptible to harm in any way from stuff coming from the normal realm. "It's like the character in a story challenging the writer," or something like that. So sure, I accept Griffith is gonna get that dang ol' kingdom because that's what he wanted to do in the first place. Fine. When a being has op powers I think it's natural to question why their motives would remain petty, but I'll grant that it makes sense that he still wants to rule a kingdom simply because that was his dream all along (not power or anything else we might think is concomitant or more valuable than a kingdom). My question is, what does Charlotte, the right of succession, enemy opposition, or anything else have anything to do with the execution of Griffith's plan to own a kingdom? None of the (significantly culled) populace of Midland needs to respect or recognize him for him to own them. He can just keep effortlessly slaughtering all opposition and then by default he'll be the inheritor. Maybe I just don't know how kingship works, or maybe I underestimate the Kushan's leader. I dunno.
>>
File: 1402949363606.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1402949363606.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
>>149259270

Wow okay I totally misread the OP. Seems you were asking your question from the pre eclipse setting. I was thinking about after Griffith and Zodd rescued Charlotte. Disregard!
>>
>>149259270
Griffith can be harmed, you just have to get past the godhand's causal manipulation, which is surprisingly easy to do seeing as how they are limited in their foresight/pseudo-precognition.

Kinda like what we saw with Rickert. Griffith couldn't expect Rickert to reject him in a million years, so he let his guard down and got fuckign shlapped.
>>
>>149258445
Right
>>
>>149258445
Right looks more accurate
>>
>>149256949
Wasn't the king of Midland actually thinking of letting them marry? He seemed to love Griffith
>>
>>149257696
I think he didnt even need to do that. The king died of natural causes only 3 years after Guts leaves. Meanwhile Griffith could have played his cards well on the court and make himself more influential in Midland politics. Hell, the guy is said to be charismatic as fuck, and he already had several people among the nobles who liked him, it's only natural to assume this would be the path he took if Guts didnt leave his ass.
>>
>>149259788
You can also speculate that Griffith let him slap him, but then again that seems dumb since there are assassin's trying to kill him now.
>>
>>149259788
>>149260534
Or. maybe now that the realms have merged, God Hand isn't as OP now. The would make sense since Skull Knight clearly did it on purpose.
>>
>>149256949
>Or maybe he just underestimated how fucked up the King of Midland was when it comes to Charlotte.
But he knew how fucked up he was. He even told him in his face that he wants Charlotte for himself.
Also you don't need to be fucked up to punish that guy who fucked your daughter behind your back.
How I see the the situation, Griffith probably would have waited, but after Guts left, which pissed him off beyond everything, he stopped thinking straight and need some for of victory quickly so he overthrew his plans and went straight for the princess.
>>
>>149259788
>>149258445
>>149257696
>>149257665
>>149256949
>>149260615

IT's like inception you cunt
>gonna delve even further
>>
>>149259270
What the fuck am I seeing in that picture?
>>
>>149259337
Tell me about skull-world anon. Is it truly a haven for skeletons?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.