[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are anime movies usually much worse than the original series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: haruhi.jpg (220KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
haruhi.jpg
220KB, 900x506px
Why are anime movies usually much worse than the original series? Disappearance is a notable exception. Could it be that it is because they were never planned as a part of the story and are just a >cashgrab?
>>
>>149253710
nice shit taste dude
>>
>>149253710
TLS was also (probably) not planned from the start and it's great.
>>
>>149253710
>Could it be that it is because they were never planned as a part of the story and are just a >cashgrab?
Yes.
>>
And the actual movie for KnK was great too.
>>
>>149253710
>Disappearance is a notable exception.

but S1 > Disappearance. Disappearance has serious ROTK syndrome, there's like 5 fucking climaxes in the movie and it goes on forever.
>>
Disappearance should've been in S2 instead of E8, they revealed Asakura designs for it.
>>
>>149253710
Agreed but Original Anime movies that are standalone stories are GOAT.
>>
>>149256418
no it fucking wasn't
nothing about KnK was good
>>
>>149253710
The Cowboy Bebop. Trigun, EoE, and Eden of the East movies kicked ass though. And I know they get a lot of flack but fuck you I liked the FMA movies too except for the shitty CGI in Shamballa
>>
How are the YYH movies?
>>
>>149257724
The Eden of the East movies were complete dog shit and totally ruined the series.
>>
>>149256311

Yeah I somehow forgot about TLS. It is actually a big improvement over the anime because of no fucking bird.

>>149257621

Thats true as well. I really like some of Hosoda's works
>>
File: Screenshot (368).png (735KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (368).png
735KB, 1366x768px
>>149253710
I think Tamako Love Story is pretty good as the closure of the series
although it's cliche as fuck
>>
>>149253710
Non-serials generally are. Most notable exceptions aren't that: End of Eva, Madoka: Rebellion, Disappearance, etc.. There are some non-serials that are okay as >>149257724 mentioned, though occasionally you'll see movies that are separate adaptations rather than an extension of the original one--for example, DEEN's Unlimited Blade Works or Toei's Clannad--but you can generally expect those to the quality of original films because, of course, they're self-contained.
>>
>>149257175
The reason EE happened at all is because they decided to make Disappearance a separate thing this late in the making.
>>
>>149258900
To expand a bit, most non-serial movies are spin-offs of long-running shounen manga adaptations, which are already a weak base, compounded by having neither a story to base it on (since it's anime-original) nor the time needed to expand like in an anime-original story arc of the show. Because of that, they can sometimes feel like the Cliffnotes version of another movie.
>>
File: very bad.png (702KB, 797x813px) Image search: [Google]
very bad.png
702KB, 797x813px
>>149253710
>movie of a series
>first 30min to 1h is just irrelevant sakuga "fanservice"
>plotreveal right in the middle of the movie that doesn't make any sense
>second half of the movie is about a new introduced character that nobody cares about in lower quality than the fir part of the movie
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.