[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is so hard for japanese people to express their feelings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Why is so hard for japanese people to express their feelings?
>>
Because such things need to be trained.
Different societies have different upbringings, leading to different average skill levels in emotional affairs.
And then there's of course also the matter of what's socially acceptable in the first place. If a friend in my own country is crying about a loss, I would probably hug them.
In Japan, that is not an option.
>>
You're generalizing anon. You can't just lump an entire population into a category like that. There's some statistical variants and deviations when it comes to things like that. It helps to be more open minded about these things.
>>
>>149206305
>he spends his Sunday nights unironically thinking of a rational response to an off topic comment on an Anime imageboard

Nice one.
>>
>>149206522
Is it Sunday already?
Damn, I should go to bed.
>>
>>149206201
Because Japanese people don't have feelings
>>
school exams and salary slaving is more important
>>
it's not exclusive to japanese
scandinavians and german germans are the same
>>
>>149206838
>german germans
As opposed to Islamic germans?
>>
File: proxy.jpg (243KB, 904x1300px) Image search: [Google]
proxy.jpg
243KB, 904x1300px
4th panel
>>
>>149206498
Of course there are, but that doesn't mean there isn't a cultural norm.
>>149206522
Anyone who's studied the Japanese mindset for any length of time has already come up with that analysis. All anon did was regurgitate it.
>>
>>149206838
Americans are weird when it comes to social interactions.
In Scandinavia we usually don’t interact with strangers much, with the occasional smile and word exchange being the only interaction. Once on a vacation I was minding my own business walking down the street when some American suddenly grabbed my shoulder and began striking up a conversation with me and commenting on my heavy clothes in the warm weather. I didn't mind it much, but it felt really weird when I have pretty much never touched a complete stranger in my life before. Are all Americans really this talkative, or was this just some exception? Sorry for the blogpost, but I felt it was somewhat relevant.
>>
>>149209447
What you experienced is rare, especially in urban areas. In more rural regions people are more likely to strike up a random conversation with you though, because they presume you must be new to or related to the community in some way.
>>
>>149208650
I am a Heian noble. I am forever alone.

;_;
>>
File: Kamina.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kamina.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>>149206201
cultural upbringing, thankfully one of my friends from japan is something more like pic related. He´s one of those ´international ninjas´
>>
>>149209515
>because they presume you must be new to or related to the community in some way.
At that point you aren't a random stranger. The context is different.
>>
File: 1471396411730.png (83KB, 790x773px) Image search: [Google]
1471396411730.png
83KB, 790x773px
>>149206201
Expressing your feelings is hard
>>
>>149206953
yes
>>
>>149209447
I've never seen that happen. Most people here are busy with their phones and ignore each other
>>
>>149206201
>filename

Fuck off Spic, you also don't understand feelings
go back to work
>>
>>149209447
A bit of an abberation, but as far as my personal experience goes, striking up a conversation with a random stranger isn't unheard of, and is generally considered an attempt to be nice on the part of the one striking up the conversation.
The shoulder-grab isn't normal; physical contact with strangers is generally limited to a tap on the shoulder to get their attention, or some similar purpose. That said, it's not something you'd see anyone get upset over; it's weird, but an acceptable break from the norm since the intention was friendly.

tl,dr: he sounds more talkative than most, but was probably just interested at seeing someone doing something that seemed strange to him.
>>
Like Germans, the Japanese are a race composed entirely of autists.

This is why NEETs find their media so appealing.
>>
>>149206201
its culturally frowned upon
>>
>>149212633
I want to move to an autistic country but Germany is a caliphate and immigrating to Japan is too hard
Where should I go?
>>
Why is so hard for me to express my feelings?
>>
>>149212796
Denmark, we're one of the least immigrant friendly countries in western Europe, though that's not saying much.
>>
>>149212796
>Being a caliphate
>A bad thing
That's funny, anon.
Next thing you'll be telling me that ISIS is bad.
>>
>>149212796
I guess a Scandianavian country not full of immigrants.
>>
>>149206201
I'm pretty sure confessing love is difficult in all cultures. It's one of those universal experiences like mourning death
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.