[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grimgar licensed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: grimgar.png.jpg (65KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
grimgar.png.jpg
65KB, 283x400px
The isekai BOOM continues unabated

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-28/j-novel-club-licenses-grimgar/.108223
>>
File: 1474032139489.png (178KB, 264x383px) Image search: [Google]
1474032139489.png
178KB, 264x383px
>>149130745
Finally, fuck those slow as shit fan translators
>>
boom
>>
I'm more interested in Ore ga Heroine personally.
>>
well at least the light novel won't be full of montages for the album
>>
Man... I hate what viral marketing has done to online discussions. It's impossible to tell shills from fans so paranoia overwhelms any discussion that might take place. I can't trust you, OP. Not after all the YP-related threads started with the same neutral-positive tone.
>>
>>149131883
I'm so fucking mad we still don't have translations of it
We only fucking have Volume 1 translated for now but the manga is already past that so whats the fucking point
>>
>C&D notices: Coming to a translator near you.
Don't know if this actually applies to this novel, but that's generally the way it works.
>>
Such an ugly font on the title.
>>
>that cover art
What is Papika doing there?
>>
>>149132372
These days translators tend to remove material voluntarily before a takedown notice ever gets sent out.
>>
File: 1448917260122.gif (1MB, 631x701px) Image search: [Google]
1448917260122.gif
1MB, 631x701px
>digital
>>
>>149133326
Because they know the takedown notice is coming. Then everyone else has to wait 10 years for yen press to catch up.
>>
>>149130745
>The isekai BOOM continues unabated
Why do you start every thread about isekai news like this?
>>
>>149132043
>the same neutral-positive tone
Eh, honestly I feel like this is the attitude that most /a/nons have towards the "official" localization industry these days.
We can definitely say that Crunchyroll has almost entirely killed fansubs but the world hasn't ended. Most just watch Horrible rips and the quality is at least passable. Same goes for Yen Press, many of the translations that people actually care about just go underground anyway and don't die (see Haruhi, Spice and Wolf, Maou-sama, Accel World, Oregairu, Konosuba, Overlord, Rezero). At least Jnovel promises to be faster than Nanodesu.
Feels like OP is actually trying to start an isekai thread anyhow.
>>
File: 1469794580627.jpg (101KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1469794580627.jpg
101KB, 840x700px
>>149133556
>We've already accepted the death of fansubbing and now we're accepting the death of translation. Crunchyroll will probably be the only scanlation group by 2025 at this rate.
>>
>>149130745
I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand it's good news, but on the other Grimgar is one of the series I'm learnint Japanese for.
>>
>>149133331
Digital means they aren't constrained by the chain of supply and distribution so they can aim to catch up on a 16 volume series in only 2-3 years.
>>
>>149133739
On the bright side, no more WAITING FOR SUBS threads or fansubber drama.
>>
>>149134636
Eh, that's just Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>149133739
Crunchy translators are mostly ex-fansubbers from pre-cartel times anyway
>>
>>149130745
merry is best girl and will win
>>
>>149133485
>every thread
Examples?
>>
>>149134870
What is the cartel exactly?
>>
Nope OP isn't a shill. I can attest because I am the shill and I don't have time to try and shill on 4chan.
>>
>>149137146
Fansubbing cartel. Basically all the groups that exist share like >90% of their members with one another because of the dwindling pool of people with time, ability, and motivation to fansub especially with simulcasting being a thing that exists. So there was less competition. There is a spider diagram somewhere out there showing the extent of cross pollination between groups.
>>
File: y4g1j4w_New-Sheet.png (157KB, 1605x771px) Image search: [Google]
y4g1j4w_New-Sheet.png
157KB, 1605x771px
>>149137146
The Cartel is a meme name referring to the fact that the majority of fansub groups in the transition between the old early 2000s free for all (anime licensing bubble era) and the present simulcasting era were made up mostly of the same people which made it amusing when people acted like any of them were better than any of the others.
>>
>>149137146
A scheme by Daiz to consolidate the entire fansub scene under his personal control
>>
>>149134741
>See, one of the secrets of fansubbing is that everyone – EVERYONE – is a fucking moron.
>And they’re all so incompetent and so stupid that you wonder how they managed to survive so long without killing themselves by drinking the “magical liquid under the sink” or playing with Mr. Fuzzles, the “friendly lion at the zoo.”

>Let me reiterate: no one on your team can do their damn jobs because they’re all stupid as fuck.
>You’ll find that the translator doesn’t even know English – he simply popped a Chinese script of the episode into Google translate and turned it in.
>The translation checker only got three lines into the episode before giving up and watching re-runs of Family Guy.
>The editor thought all he had to do was toss the script in Microsoft Word, click spellcheck, then count it as a job well done.
>This is to say nothing of the stupid-as-fuck timer who will time grunts and other things that aren’t in the script, while simultaneously cutting lines and making the subs harder to read than they already were.
>Oh, and the encoder splices in pictures of his dick into the episode every so often because he thinks he’s Tyler Durden.
>Class acts, all of them.

>No doubt the anti-depressants won’t be enough for you, and you’ll attempt to drink yourself into oblivion, knowing full well that the combination of alcohol and anti-depressants will likely kill you in a very painful, very inglorious way.
><But hey, at least you won’t have to deal with those fuckwits in your fansub group anymore, right?
>>
>>149138910
>First, you have to decide which anime you want to fansub.

>So head on over to Tokyotosho and type in the anime’s name that you want to sub.

>As a fansubber, you will never use the “raw” option. So go ahead and grab a HorribleSubs release.

>Pull up your copy of MKVExtract and take those subs out. This is what we call “translating” in the fansub world.

>Now it’s time to edit the script (the super hard part!). So boot up your copy of Aegisub.

>A built-in spellchecker? It’s almost too good to be true! This is all you need to edit, so run that thing.

>As you come across Japanese words while you’re editing, think to yourself, “Can I find this in a dictionary somewhere online?” If you can, leave it in. This is what we call “liberal editing”. “literal editing” results in you adding more words in Japanese to the script.
Banzai, itadakimasu-san!

>After you’re done with your edits, save the file and exit. You’re almost done!

>All right, so you’ve got a script and a Horriblesubs video. Now you just need to mux them together with MKVmerge. You need to name it, of course. So choose a cool fansub name. Something like [Repub]. It’s short for “Republican” and the viewers will know they can trust you because you’re being ironic, lol. Upload the result to TokyoTosho or Nyaa so everyone can watch it.

>Okay, now you have an anime fansubbed. Time to shape public opinion. Create your own fansub review site and “review” the release you just made.

>Now, remember, you didn’t create a review site to review other releases. You created it to tear down your competitors and say that whatever you do is the best.

>You may think, “Hey, isn’t it a serious conflict of interest if I review my groups’ subs, some of which I worked on?” And the answer to that is “Who cares? I have my own review site.”
>>
>>149133421
It's not hard to keep translating regardless though.
>>
>>149138950
It is when you are sorely lacking motivation in the first place.
>>
>>149130745
Something feels off about that title font, but I can't put my finger on it.

It almost feels... whimsy for the subject material?
>>
File: img_0001.jpg (476KB, 1048x1475px) Image search: [Google]
img_0001.jpg
476KB, 1048x1475px
>>149139108
I think they were trying to imitate the style of the original font but, like Yen Press with Index, it wasnt perfect.
>>
File: hamlet-headstone-Grimgar-test.png (8KB, 738x300px) Image search: [Google]
hamlet-headstone-Grimgar-test.png
8KB, 738x300px
>>149139216
I don't know many fonts, but a quick Google search and this Hamlet Headstone font would've looked appealing.
>>
>>149139420
That would require paying a license to use a font
>>
>>149139216
That font makes the Japanese look gritty, whilst the English one is too squiggly and childish.
>>
>>149139659
The English one seems like it also has gritty bits scratched out of it like the Japanese one, it's just hard to see at that resolution and image quality.
>>
>>149139732
I mean the loop de loops are unnecessary and too friendly.
>>
>>149140220
I guess they're an attempt at equivalence of some kind with the brush mark style of the Japanese title font.
>>
File: grimgar.jpg (1MB, 1456x2529px) Image search: [Google]
grimgar.jpg
1MB, 1456x2529px
>>149130745
Out of interest, I slapped the "official" translation and the "fan" translation side by side.

Oddly the fan translation goes out of its way to rearrange the sentences into proper paragraphs while the official translation just puts a line break after every single fucking sentence like LN hack authors love to do.
>>
File: ore ga heroine.jpg (844KB, 1068x1872px) Image search: [Google]
ore ga heroine.jpg
844KB, 1068x1872px
>>149141376
And the same for Ore ga Heroine.
>>
>>149130795
Why? The anime will never catch up to the latest translations, especially since it's probably doomed to never get a second season.
>>
>>149141514
Wait, I see what you meant with Grimgar but the second one is basically identical when it comes to the paragraph splitting...
>>
>>149141965
Sorry, ambiguous phrasing. By "the same" I meant "I did the same" not "They did the same".
>>
>>149141990
Yeah. And the official translation is a lot better than the fan trans for that one. "There are some things girls can't do alone?" was totally wrong from "I guess I've never had a girlfriend."
>>
>>149141729
What does the anime position have to do with anything? Slow is slow, and nanodesu are some of the slowest out there.
>>
>>149130745
>Grimgar licensed
So no more translated Grimgar? Ah well I guess that's the end of it.

Back to Index.
>>
>>149142647
>So no more translated Grimgar?
It's being translated, just officially. Probably faster too to be frank
>>
>>149130745
>That font

Eugh
>>
>>149130745
Wish they would license Bara no Maria, better fantasy series from the same author.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.