[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Euro Studies Film Class >Studying "The Spirit of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

>Euro Studies Film Class
>Studying "The Spirit of the Beehive"
>realize right away that Millennium Actress and Berserk's Lost Children storyline borrow heavily from it.
>Temptation to mention this vs. fear of revealing power level.
>>
>>149070644
>berserk? haha, what a fucking weeb!
>>
>>149070644
I had a guy raise his hand and start talking about Death Note in my morality class, don't be that guy.
>>
>>149070719

Thing is, this seems to directly relate to it in that the writers likely saw that film and take elements of it for their own works.

Like in Millennium Actress, Chiyoko finds an anit-government activist hiding in her backyard shed, and then takes care of him until he is captured by the secret police. Very similar storyline occurs in Spirit of the Beehive, where a Republican soldier hides out in an old farm, where Anna, the little girl protatonist takes care of him until he is captured and killed by government forces. Both stories also show the little girl forming a bond with this person.

Berserk borrows even more. I doubt it's a coincidence. But Millennium Actress has the status of arthouse film, while Berserk is kind of a trashy rape ultra violent horror comic. I think I'll mention Millennium Actress.

When I saw those scenes in the film, I was like "Woah, I've already seen this a few times".

Alternatively this kind of storyline is really cliche and people come up with it independently.
>>
>>149070879

lol dweeb
>>
>>149070879
That's cool and all but I bet people in your class was happy not to have their class time wasted listening to that. Oh wait, it's film class, so yeah who cares about wasting time.
>>
>>149070879
>the writers likely saw that film
>implying
>>
>>149072516

You can infer. It's also a pretty famous film. One of Spain's most famous.
>>
>>149070879

You can get away with mentioning Millennium Actress, ditch Berserk.

If it even makes the slightest pretense of being art, you can talk about it in an artistic context.
>>
>>149070644
>>>/blogspot/
Fuck off.
>>
>>149074106

>blogspot anon

nice
>>
>>149070879
>>149070644
I absolutely fucking hate people like you and I sincerely hope there's a special place in hell for you.
If people are coming to class they're expecting to learn things relevant to whatever study programme they have. What they don't come there for is to listen to you trying to show off whatever knowledge you happen to have come across before taking the course. Stop stealing lecture time in some fucking pathetic attempt to put the spotlight on yourself, you narcissistic fuck. Literally nobody gives a shit about anything you have to say.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.