[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tengen Toppa Gundam Lagann

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ibo.png (975KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ibo.png
975KB, 1280x720px
Now that we're a few eps into s2, I just have to wonder /a/, where do we rank IBO(the first season at least) among the rest of the Gundam series?
>>
>>149058066
Slightly above Destiny.
>>
I honestly rank the first season above the rest of the franchise. The politics and life situation of the protagonists actually feel really compared to the other series.

The only thing that this series lacks is the cool Gundam designs.

P.S I don't like that they're pushing a second protagonist in the new season. Honestly fuck that guy.
>>
>>149058066
Above Destiny & Age, going by season 1. Season 2's off to a decent start so things may change.
>>
>>149058264
-> https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/

You got off on the wrong stop sir.
>>
6/10

Best gendum of all time
>>
File: 1476695715064.png (142KB, 401x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476695715064.png
142KB, 401x300px
>>149058358
Don't get mad at the truth anon. The old Gundam series are shit at world building and making us understand the actions of the heroes.

At least with this one we finally get why the protagonists are against the system since everyone lives shitty lives.

Or tell me, what exactly makes the conflict so much better in the first series?
>>
>>149058600
>Better protagonists
>Character development
>Best antagonists in the whole series
>The escalation of conflicts
>The greyness of the conflict
>The reflection to WW2
>>
>>149058600
I didn't get what on Earth Unicorn was about. It just felt like a UC museum tour. What was Banagher's problem? At least with Mika, I know he's just here to shoot faces and eat Martian dates.
>>
>>149058882
>better protagonsts
Fatty is RIP and everyone else is the same, I think it got better

>character development
Now we have a new dynamic between Tekkadan veterans and recruits, plus another opportunity for Mikazuki to stop being a walking cardboard cutout, not to mention Orga facing the thrilling challenge of becoming a civilised businessman

>best antagonists
We don't even know who the real enemy is this season, I doubt it will be another gang of domestic pirates or some petty struggles within Gjallarhorn and Tekkadan

>the escalation of conflicts
>the greyness of the conflict
You're comparing the end of last season to the start of this season, differences are inevitable

>the reflection to WWII
Space debris isn't jews, no red flags or speeches, not actually any invasions happening, no witches on elephant guns

I think it's a matter of perspective, but we should still wait until the series ends before making comparisons.
>>
Better than both SEEDs, ZZ, and AGE. That's really it. The first half of S1 was painfully shit but the 2nd half thankfully picked it up.
>>
>>149058947
Unicorn was about showing how corrupt the EF was, so much so that when Zeon Daikun made his Contolism push, there was actually a viable bedsoil for it to take root in. It greys the OYW to the point where it becomes difficult for easy blame to be placed on either side, the revolutionary and revenge-driven brutal Zeon or the blinkered corrupt patrotic zealotry of the EF.
>>
>>149059453
I was talking about the original MSG.
Not Iron Menstruation.
>>
>>149058600
>At least with this one we finally get why the protagonists are against the system since everyone lives shitty lives.

>I don't understand why Amuro is fighting a war against a nation that drops colonies and gasses civilian populations
>I don't understand why Kamille is fighting a war against an organization that abuses citizens and gasses nations
>I don't understand why Judau fights for money to get out of his shitty life
>I don't understand why Amuro is fighting to stop Char from dropping an asteroid base on Earth
>I don't understand why Seabook is fighting against a dictator that wants to unleash autonomous buzzsaw drones on civilian populations
>I don't understand why Uso is fighting a war against a nation that fucking executes people by guillotine
>>
>>149060170
To be fair, why Setsuna can't tell he's obviously a human and not a gundam is a mystery.
>>
>>149060197
Probably for the same reason why Mika's like that. Setsuna's fucked in the head and he thought the 0 Gundam was his mom or something.
>>
>>149059619
My takeaway from this was EF is essentially the American government on steroids. "Nationalistic," shady ties with big business(AE), warmongers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.