[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much value do you put into visual direction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: re_zero_flawless_direction.png (3MB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
re_zero_flawless_direction.png
3MB, 2304x1296px
How much value do you put into visual direction?
>>
>>149049351
None. I'm a White Foxfag.
>>
>>149049351
Yet another thread of cinegrids.
What is the point of these threads? A still image out of context tells us nothing about the quality of direction, the focus of the image could be completely inappropriate, the shot could last too long, the feeling the scene is trying to create is lost, the shot could move in some way that changes the way we should interpret it, the way it flows between shots could affect things. Still images out of context tell us very little about direction. It is like trying to convey the quality of animation through still images. At best all you can say is that they have used a wide range of varied shot types and creatively layered the shots by using different objects to obstruct the camera from an image like yours, you can't tell if those are good shots to be used in the scenes they are being used in at all without context. Without context it is all pretty much meaningless in terms of being good or bad direction.
>>
>>149049442
buzzwords buzzwords buzzwords
>>
None. I listen to anime but I don't watcht it.
>>
>>149049442
Nice buzzwords by the way.
>>
>>149049442
Holy shit I am actually copypasta.
>>
>>149049407
What are you trying to imply? this post is stupid.
>>
>>149049498
>>149049587
Which ones are the buzzwords?
>>
>>149049442
Nice pasta
>>
>>149049920
The point it makes is correct and valid as a criticism of these cinegrids though.
>>
>>149049351
how about phrasing the OP differently next time
>>
>>149049442
They're made to show off cinematography, not direction overall. That's why they're called cinegrids.
>>
>>149050398
The same point hold true still. Independent of context all you can really say about them is wether the shots are well composed and interesting.
>>
>>149049442
Someone clearly hasn't seen the masterpiece known as Re:Zero
>>
>>149050109
Opinion.
>>
we've managed to make this many posts and all we've done is whine at each other
>>
>>149050627
That's all you really need to say about them. The grids aren't meant to convey anything narratively, they can't. They're just meant to show off shots which are aesthetically pleasing or interesting to the creator of the grid.
>>
>>149051440
Yeah thats it. You can't really judge if direction or cinematography is good without the context it is being used in. You can say the art looks nice, the shots are aesthetically pleasing and interesting. Which makes posting them in a thread about "visual direction" almost entirely worthless. Not that I am unaware that these threads have now become some kind of ironic joke through repetition but I think some people are genuinely under the impression they can demonstrate "good direction" with a 9 image cinegrid. It's that whole "community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company" kind of thing.
>>
>>149049351
Visual direction, kino and sakuga are all very important. That's why KyoAni is the best anime studio.
>>
File: wixoss.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
wixoss.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>149049351
>>
>>149050152
He's a one trick man.
>>
>>149052443
All those shots are either too bright or too dark. Why is this retarded notion that using lighting to obscure your work makes it look better so popular? Single most annoying thing about the Monogatari series.
>>
File: its exactly the same.jpg (44KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
its exactly the same.jpg
44KB, 800x450px
>>149049351
Oh wow, look at middle left. Not even trying to hide it. Did they really think it's not noticeable? It's not like pic related isn't an extremely common image. At least, the original CG is.
>>
I love the coloring in akuma no riddles, I hope I'm not alone.
>>
>>149049351
Very little, otherwise I wouldn't be watching anime
>>
Pretty images can't save a shit story.
A good story can save shitty images.
>>
>>149049351
Stop posting the same cancerous shit thread every fucking day you fucking attention whoring autist. Please kill yourself. Re:Zero is shit btw. Just let it die already.
>>
The ending scrawl when Subaru gets his head cut off is pure fucking kino
>>
File: Dental Health Chart.jpg (4MB, 4000x5850px) Image search: [Google]
Dental Health Chart.jpg
4MB, 4000x5850px
>>149054384
How much value do you put into dental hygiene?
>>
>>149058877
How much value do you put into scraping your tongue?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.