[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wuxi/a/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: 510.jpg (45KB, 720x365px) Image search: [Google]
510.jpg
45KB, 720x365px
Because it was a bit annoying in the other thread
>>
What is this? gook spamming again?
>>
Why do they keep screwing up the live action adaptations of Jin Yong's works? Seriously, they've been at it for years, how can they still not have learned anything?
>>
>>149026192
ACK.
>>
>>149026205

Jin Yong forbids tvb to adapt after hsds 2000. Also the man is 93 year old he probably doesn't give a shit more when china ruins his works
>>
>>149026234
Even the chink adaptations after that were rubbish though.
>>
I was in China several months ago, and because I speak it fluently I was in a bookshop looking for something to read while I wasn't working and saw a shelf for something called Xianxia. Which is basically Wuxia on super steroids.
God it's the most ridiculous shit ever. Think Dragon Ball Z. But even more over the top.
>>
>>149026351
Okay...
Care to extrapolate? That sounds pretty cool and I´m a sucker for that whole classic Heroes´ Journey/Qi fighting/honrabru bandits vs. corrupt mandarins shtick.
>>
>>149026102
Not /a/ related. Either keep it in 1 thread or get fuck
>>
File: 1451858997658.jpg (139KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451858997658.jpg
139KB, 457x640px
Anyone reads Blood and Steel? I loved the shit out of it, finished what's translated in a couple of days and now I'm depressed because the translation seems to update never.
>>
>>149026494
Then delete it, are you trying to flooding /a/ with this shit or something?
>>
File: trap.png (398KB, 851x361px) Image search: [Google]
trap.png
398KB, 851x361px
>>149026351

Ze Tian Ji is pretty good though. And it's getting a tv series next year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY5gOf2lVI4

Kind of funny thought that the guy is more prettier than the female actress.
>>
>>149026351
Reminder that Journey to the West was xianxia before xianxia was even a thing.
>>
>>149026561
Why should mod give a shit about your shit thread? wuxishit is not /a/ related. Fuck off to /m/ or /lit/
>>
>>149026646
>Him
>caring about anything other than shitposting
>>
>>149026409
xianxia is just the chink version of fantasy, with actual mythical creatures etc. Basically like jump battle manga.
>>
>>149026409

http://www.novelupdates.com/

Take your pick
>>
File: CGX.jpg (163KB, 538x768px) Image search: [Google]
CGX.jpg
163KB, 538x768px
Is Chang ge xing any good? Heroine looks pretty edgy desu
>>
This is now an Imagawa/ Gundam Thread.

Here are some G Gundam references you might have missed:
- Sai Saici - Shin Ryuusei Kochouken was from this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liuxing_Hudie_Jian

- Grand Gundam's namesake in Kanji, 獅王爭霸
is a movie with the famous Chinese hero Wong Fei Hung.

- Heaven's Sword: 天劍絕刀
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A9%E5%8A%8D%E7%B5%95%E5%88%80

- Walter Gundam
From one of the movie adaptation of Heavenly Sword & Dragon Saber; There was this scene with an old dude who moved around while being strapped to a boulder and attack using vines, like how Walter Gundam is basically a ball with tentacle arms.

And of course
- Touhou Fuhai, aka Undefeated of the East
>>
>>149026745
We don't care, son of bitch. Go bitch in your comfort zone in tumblr.
>>
>>149027090
>Because you ignored the image posted in that thread
Because we are not autistic enough to follow every image named "lol" because you get triggered each time.
>>
>>149027090
Holy shit, we made this new thread because the filenames in the previous one triggered you so much you just had to shitpost it to death. And now you don't like this one either? Just fuck off, retard.

>you are ignoring an image that's not even posted in this thread, this proves you are the guy the image is about and not simply an unrelated person
You realize how insane you sound?
>>
>>149027193
That's why I told you all, report and ignore. He'll still be yelping, but we can still continue discussing.
>>
He is gone now, mods do their work. we can go back to the previous thread if you want.
>>
Wuxia is allowed on /a/ ? What about the cancer that is xianxia?

https://friendshipispower.wordpress.com/forty-millenniums-of-cultivation-chapters/
Looks interesting.

https://friendshipispower.wordpress.com/about/
Has a synopsis.
>>
File: tian-long-ba-bu-2003.jpg (118KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
tian-long-ba-bu-2003.jpg
118KB, 300x400px
>>149026205
This is the best adaption, yes?
>>
>>149027298
Pretty much yeah.
>>
>>149026569
>Ze Tian Ji
Yo my man, I loved this shit so much I read machine/piyin translations because I can't read chinese perfectly.

I shall seal the heavens isn't bad either and has a way higher scope. Definitely falls into a lot of light novel wankery though.

>>149026471
I love this shit, but no translations is sad.

>>149026409
Xianxia is... basically, in Wuxia you do pushups and meditate until you're the best fighter. In Xianxia, you do pushups and meditate until you're supergod.
>>
>>149027316
>I shall seal the heavens isn't bad either and has a way higher scope. Definitely falls into a lot of light novel wankery though.
I agree, ISSTH was interesting at first and broke a lot of tropes but the author seems to end up being just as repetitive in terms of plot/situations as the rest of the genre.

>>149027333
Not him >>149027286 I posted xianxia even if I called it cancer.
>>
>>149027298

Best adaption is 1983 when Murong Bo absorbs sweeper monk internal energy.
>>
>>149027457
Tell me how >>149027286 is related to any of your posts? How are you insane or just pointlessly picking a fight with anyone, fucking retard?
>>
>>149027316
>I shall seal the heavens

I read it ahead in Vietnamese until he joined the evil clan and his gf had 3 years until she died or something. I find the plot sometimes erratic and random, like the Totem clans fighting, and the sea island/ship arc. It's funny but the rest is quite mediocre.
>>
>>149026569
Holy shit Luhan looks like a legit girl with long hair.
>>
>>149028011
>>149026569
Should cast him as Tu Jiaojiao if they adapt Gu Long's Jue Dai Shuang Jiao.
>>
>>149027616
>Because you are desperately trying to look like multiple people for some insane reason.
More like you just instantly assume that anyone who questions you is this one person you have a beef with.
>>
>>149026717
It's good.

Plot is pretty convoluted + chinese naming + sparse English updates means you'll probably be re-reading it a lot though.
>>
>>149026713
So every time xianxia is mentioned, I see novels linked. Aren't there xianxia comics or tv series? I'm not above low brow entertainment, but low brow literature in particular doesn't interest me.
>>
>>149028213
Yes, there are. But the tv series tend to be filled with atrocious CG, so if you can't even stand anime CGs, chink CGs are even worse.
>>
>>149028249
>Nah, I don't assume everyone is the same guy. Only those who ignore my previous discussions with other posts I assume to be from them.
Nice circular logic. You should really get that schizophrenia checked.
>>
>>149028040
He does that every single day. He can't comprehend a reality where there is more than two people in a thread.
>>
>>149028293
>>149028320
Next he is going to accuse you to be the samefag.
>>
>>149028245
And manhua?
>>
Seriously guys, either ignore him, talk about wuxia or let the thread die.
>>
>>149028359
When the fuck you can talk about chink ahit on /a/? Did you even see the name of this board?
>>
>>149028213

What >>149028245 said.

Doesn't help that Xianxia is filled a lot more with "magic spells" and what not. So expect a lot of bad cgs.
>>
>>149028432
protip : there are wuxia manga in existence.
>>
>>149028401
>You "lol" and rape spamming are against the rules and just over all bad behavior.
And why the fuck are you shitting up a thread where none of that is happening?
>>
>>149028481
So where is it? I don't see anything related to /a/ in this thread
>>
>>149028542
>>149026873
>>
>>149028481
>wuxishit manga
It's called bootleg and it not belong to /a/
>>
>>149028551
So /m/, sick reference faggot, fuck off. I gues cape comic is /a/ related now because there are a lot of sick cape comic reference in anime & manga
>>
>>149028551
Are you dumb?
>>
Setsuna's Gundam line is also likely a reference to Condor Hero

>Exia Repaired being one-armed
>00 Gundam uses two swords and Exia just has one huge heavy sword
>parallels Yang Guo losing his arm, getting the sword from the condor and of course later on, having said sword remade as the heavenly sword and dragon sabre.

>>149028615
>fuck off
No. I was beginning to lose interest in this thread, but for you, I'll keep it going.
>>
>>149028653
Stating the truth isn't allowed? So, it's just convenient for you only.
>>
>>149028571
i dont think you know what bootleg means
>>
File: giant robo.png (2MB, 1280x945px) Image search: [Google]
giant robo.png
2MB, 1280x945px
Characters from Water Margin:

Taisou: Dai Zong
Tetsugyu: Li Kui
Doujin Issei: Gongsun Sheng
Youshi the Blue Monster: Yang Zhi
Hanzui the Evil Messiah: Fan Rui
Ko-Enshaku: Huyan Zhuo
Go Gakujin: Wu Yong
Kaei: Hua Rong (guy that rains the arrows down in the final episode)
Koushin: Xie Zhen (swordsman that accompanies Kaei)
Kaichin and Kaiho: Xie Zhen and Xie Bao (tiger skin wearers)
Unnamed guy who gets split in half by Fabulous Fitzgerald: Li Zhong

Romance of 3 Kingdoms:

Jujoji the Bell of Life: The Ten Attendants/Ten Eunuchs combined into one character.
>>
>>149028782
>chink and gook shit
>not bootleg manga
I think you're retard
>>
>there are people ITT who don't read ISSTH
>>
noun
alcoholic liquor unlawfully made, sold, or transported, without registration or payment of taxes.
the part of a boot that covers the leg.
something, as a recording, made, reproduced, or sold illegally or without authorization:
a flurry of bootlegs to cash in on the rock star's death.
verb (used with object), bootlegged, bootlegging.
to deal in (liquor or other goods) unlawfully.
verb (used without object), bootlegged, bootlegging.
to make, transport, or sell something, especially liquor, illegally or without registration or payment of taxes.
adjective
made, sold, or transported unlawfully.
illegal or clandestine.
of or relating to bootlegging.
>>
>>149029275
meant to quote >>149028990
>>
>>149026102
Artfully drawn spunking cock there OP
>>
>>149026102
Not anime.

Discuss your gookshit on facebook or something.
>>
>>149029400
You're getting your terminology on racism fucked up. Gooks are Koreans. Chinese are Chinks.
>>
File: 鹿鼎记.jpg (184KB, 824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
鹿鼎记.jpg
184KB, 824x1200px
Why this artist cannot draw a good fight scene and lewd scene? Did I ask too much?
>>
>>149029400
>he doesn't know about manga like blood and steel
lurk more
>>
Does Song of the Long March count?
>>
>>149026717
>Chang ge xing

It is good only if you like history, pretty princess being martial, and strategists.
>>
Can we make a list of the wuxia/xianxia themed manga/manhua translated or being translated? I'll start with the ones I know.

Blood and Steel
Feng Shen Ji
Ravages of Time
The Smiling Proud Wanderer
>>
>>149032625
Dead Sorcerer's City
>>
>>149032350
no, thats just a historical manga.

Speaking of song of the long march, why the fuck does everyone except the mongols job in that one? In the arc with the chinese general, his entire army couldnt kill a single mongol despite being in a fortified position.
>>
>>149032625
ravages of time is a war series, it's not wuxia. Neither if feng shen ji.

Wuxia series are set in the pugilist world (typically ancient china). There is almost always a heavy focus on martial art sects and techniques.

Korean series have the same thing except that instead of the pugilist world, its set in "murim" which is basically the same thing.
>>
>>149028346
The ones I've seen are all pretty shit, and always changed up to appeal more to children. Serious characters becoming jokesters, old men becoming bishounen or bishoujos, and plotlines getting cut up or simplified to hell.
>>
>>149027298
No, this one, if you can handle the low budget effects.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.