/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rewatch thread. What have you been rewatching lately? I myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 16

File: 517755.jpg (635KB, 3600x1920px) Image search: [Google]
517755.jpg
635KB, 3600x1920px
Rewatch thread.

What have you been rewatching lately?

I myself decided to go back and rewatch "classic" shows, meaning shows we all pretty much agree are great.

So far I've gotten through NGE + EoE and TTGL, and what fucking shows they are so. It's so nice to be confirmed in that they ARE great shows, and that it isn't just your nostalgia playing with you. I finished TTGL earlier today and what a fucking BANGER of a show it is. We all like to joke about how DEEP Eva is, but after having rewatched the show, I am very much convinced that it is one of the greatest anime ever.

On a more personal note; I've also rewatched one my all time favourite shows, which is Last Exile. It was one of the first shows I watched like 12 years ago, and I really like it. The show still holds up very well in my opinion, even if it is not everyone's cup of tea. It certainly wish that Gonzo could get back to this kind of quality anime.

I might pick up and rewatch Death Note next.

TL,DR; what have you been rewatching lately?
>>
>>149022646
space dandy and psycho pass, still gewd bro
>>
Boku no Pico
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 300x412px
started rewatching this today actually
>>
File: 1448893950991.png (17KB, 228x225px) Image search: [Google]
1448893950991.png
17KB, 228x225px
>>149022646
>I myself decided to go back and rewatch "classic" shows, meaning shows we all pretty much agree are great.
>watches shit shows
>>
>>149022646
Rewatching SoL moeblobs for the entirety of winter.

Nothing beats being all comfy with a blanket and hot coffee while watching cute girla doing cute things. I need to buy a kotatsu
>>
File: Screenshot (65).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (65).png
1MB, 1366x768px
I'm going on a nostalgia trip and it's making me suicidal, I want to go back
>>
I always have way too many rewatches going on at once

Rosario + Vampire
Macross 7
Bakemonogatari
Higurashi
Railgun
Kimi ni todoke
Durarara
Trigun
Wolf's Rain
Aria
Clannad
Cromartie
Love Hina

I don't even really like half of those shows I just get an itch to rewatch things a lot.
>>
>>149022895

Damn, I don't think I could manage to watch so many at the same time.
>>
>>149022646
Rewatched Ping pong the animation yesterday. Still as amazing as ever
>>
>>149023343
I enjoyed it too, but I wouldn't consider it as one of the best anime out there. I don't understand how it is conceived to be a within a GOAT/ Top 10 list.
>>
>>149023548

Great sound track
super cool animation style
solid pacing
Ending

I don't know about best ever but it certainly was a standout when it aired.
>>
Man, Death & Rebirth + EoE I can just start any time and it's instantly attention grabbing. D&R is probably the best recap move/episode that I can recall.
>>
>Speed Grapher
>Noein: To Your Other Self
>Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
>Eden Of The East
>Le Chevalier D'Eon
>Sorciere De Gre, Pucelle De Force
>Gankutsuou: Comte De Monte Cristo
>Ergo Proxy
>Baccano!
>Spicey merchant joo & Woof-Woof goddess too
To list a few.
>>
>>149023730

This reminds, I need to rewatch the GitS movies and watch STC for the first time.
>>
File: Hiiragi.Kagami.full.694160.jpg (170KB, 516x729px) Image search: [Google]
Hiiragi.Kagami.full.694160.jpg
170KB, 516x729px
Lucky Star
The banter is still unrivaled.
Its also better than Gurren Lagann.
Kagami a cute
>>
File: 1455459665838.jpg (225KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1455459665838.jpg
225KB, 1920x1036px
>>149023759
Based Batou, and beautiful Basset Hound thank you.
>>
File: Horo.jpg (202KB, 826x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Horo.jpg
202KB, 826x1200px
>>149022646
I have way too much backlog to think about rewatching stuff.
I've only rewatched Spice and Wolf after reading the LNs and Girls und Panzer before the movie.

Though I'd like to watch Kyousogiga and Uchouten Kazoku in the winter
>>
File: H2 29.jpg (103KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
H2 29.jpg
103KB, 800x1200px
Not rewatching, but I've recently been trying to reread Adachi Mitsuru's manga with a more critical eye. I see people riff on him for essentially writing the same thing over and over, but the dude's fucking skilled with his delivery. His art isn't exactly revolutionary, but his visual storytelling is topnotch. I didn't expect the drama in H2 when Hikari's mom died to affect me as much as it did the first time I read it, but it still hit me as hard as the first time. It used flashbacks and silent panels very effectively to make the death of a woman who, objectively speaking, shouldn't really matter too much in the storyline or at least, nowhere near as important as Wakaba in Cross Game or Kazuya in Touch very heartwrenching. And the best thing is, it did it while showing crying characters very sparingly. I can't actually remember any recent anime/manga doing drama half as effectively.
>>
>Yuyushiki
Just as good as it was the first time I was watching it, every episode is an absolute blast.

>GJ-Bu
Still enjoyed it, but while I liked Mao the first time around, now I found her to be annoying. Shion a best girl and has the best ED too.

>Another
Pie memeing aside I still very much enjoyed the general atmosphere of it despite the numerous flaws, P.A. did an excellent job as far as visuals are concerned.
>>
>>149024086

People keep saying how great his stuff is, but I'm having a hard time getting over the goofy art. Seriously, what is it with those Dumbo ears?
>>
>>149024222
>Shion a best girl and has the best ED too.
My nigga.

>>149024226
Dude's art is very old-fashioned, and it's barely evolved over the years.
>>
I'm rewatching Queen's Blade and, in spirit of the season, Yami Shibai
>>
>so far i've gotten through entry level shit

You had one job and you fucked up.
>>
I started rewatching You're Under Arrest a couple weeks ago, and this >>149022890
>>
>>149022646
The first 3 episodes of Akagi but will stop at that point. The quiet country cafe OVAs from YKK and now I'm watching naoko-san.
>>
>>149022646
Raildex and God Eater.

They're all good.
>>
>>149023804
I love the entire Ghost in the Shell Franchise... except that stupid movie
>>
I'm "rewatching" the HxH dub if that counts?
>>
File: 1440208291603.jpg (146KB, 732x563px) Image search: [Google]
1440208291603.jpg
146KB, 732x563px
>>149022646
Teekyuu
I still can't believe it actually ended
>>
>>149022646
>clearly a "I'm a newfag that hasn't seen the classics so I'll pretend I'm not new and claim I'm just re-watching them" thread
>nobody calls this out

Come on /a/, you're better than that.
>>
File: GETTER EMPEROR.png (1MB, 2044x1464px) Image search: [Google]
GETTER EMPEROR.png
1MB, 2044x1464px
>>149022646
>TTGL
>classic
Not even gonna bother reading the rest. Getter Robo is better. Getter Emperor > STTGL.
>>
File: DAMN YOU OLD MAN.png (592KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DAMN YOU OLD MAN.png
592KB, 1280x720px
>>149023969
>I have way too much backlog to think about rewatching stuff.

Same here. How do you guys re-watch shit you've already seen? There are literally hundreds of 9/10 or better anime, and thousands of 7/10 anime, why rewatch something instead? I think I'll die with a backlog before I get to rewatch anything, I have 400 shows completed, and another 130 on my backlog, with 3 to 7 new things added to my backlog every season.
>>
>>149029358
Classics are shit, m8, at least compared to a lot of recent shows.
>>
>>149029438
Classic literally means the best of.
>>
>>149029328
>I still can't believe it actually ended
but a new episode just came out?
>>
>>149029428

usually start with rewatching particular parts, becoming engrossed and working back towards other parts before maybe watching an entire episode from start to finish
>>
>>149029539
Wait what I thought 7 was the last one
Teekyuu threads come and go as fast as the show itself so I genuinely had no idea.
Thanks anon. Maybe this season won't be such a lost cause after all.
>>
I'm rewatching Soul Eater and Baccano at the moment. SE has been nice to watch for Halloween, but it's a shame the Halloween-y vibes kind of disappeared completely in the later half of the series.
>>
>>149022825
My nigga.
>>
>>149029388
Not that anon, but why not both? I really like both Getter and TTGL. Anyone who's watched both can see that TTGL copied things from Getter, but TTGL is still a lot of fun. Plus outside of Shin vs Neo, Armageddon and New Getter there's not much good animated content.
>>
File: Yuuta screenshot.png (97KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuta screenshot.png
97KB, 500x313px
I don't rewatch a lot of stuff because I prefer to watch new things, but I recently rewatched Kimi to Boku. Haven't gotten around to the season 2 finale because that's the end and somehow that would make me sad. Kimi to Boku doesn't really even have a finale, it's just like any other episode, really.

It was wittier and funnier than I remembered. It was also somehow simultaneously both less focused on romance and more romantic than I remembered. Perfect for relaxing, since it's basically devoid of tension. Or rather, when there is tension or when things go wrong, the resolution is always quick and happy.
>>
>>149022726
This.
>>
File: ntht.jpg (48KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
ntht.jpg
48KB, 250x360px
>>149022646
>Tried to re-watch this show
>I can't go trough all that rape/child soldier and Sunset again
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.