[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hnk thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (67KB, 250x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 250x403px
Why do you love Hnk? how did you get into it?
>>
I do. Don't even remember how but I really like the 80's vibe and the underlying message.
>destiny
>brotherly love
>raoh is a badass
>even his horse is a badass
>juuza is even more badass than raoh
>>
>>148996329
It could have been so much more

but no

he had to be forced into recycling the first arc

It could have been perfect. At least the author tried hard at the end
>>
>>148996329
I watched it when I was a kid, I liked it but my mom didn't. One day I got really sick while I was watching an episode and my kid brain made the association HnK = bad and I stopped watching.
>>
>>148996633
I fucking hate it when that happens. I can't enjoy MAD Magazine because of that bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (220KB, 602x1020px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220KB, 602x1020px
>>148996369
>>
File: p1.jpg (81KB, 267x370px) Image search: [Google]
p1.jpg
81KB, 267x370px
>>148996329
>Why do you love Hnk?
It's one of the few shonen manga where shit gets real and there are very few copouts and character resurrections. Also, I really love Tetsuo Hara's artwork and it's the reason why sought out all of his other works, including his current series, even if they're not as popular as Hokuto no Ken.

>how did you get into it?
I got into the manga when I started collecting Viz's English translation of the manga back in the 90s and along with a VHS copy of the dubbed movie (which has since been replaced by the DVD). It's such a shame they never got around to translating the whole thing, even after they switched publishers and did those colorized editions for the U.S.

>>148996451
I didn't think the Shura arc was that bad, but there were too many asspulls
>>
>>148996959
I can hear it

>ONORE JUUUUUUUUUUUZA
>>
>>148996966
How are Tetsuo's current works?
>>
File: eyecatch_ikusa.png (146KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
eyecatch_ikusa.png
146KB, 480x680px
>>148997101
It's samurai drama similar to Hana no Keiji and some of the other stuff he did back in the 90s, only the story is completely original and not an adaptation of a novel.

It was being officially translated digitally on the Manga Auditions website, but unfortunately they just went new chapters only today. I'm not sure how they plan on granting access to old chapters for latecomers. I'm guessing they're planning on selling collected editions at some point.
http://www.manga-audition.com/comic-zenon/ikusa-no-ko-by-tetsuo-hara/
>>
File: shu.jpg (30KB, 494x299px) Image search: [Google]
shu.jpg
30KB, 494x299px
I think the larger than life nature of the story, characters, their actions and their way of speaking are what really made me love it.

What got me into it was the 1986 animated movie, which while I loved and still do, doesn't really seem to have those particular elements in it so much
>>
>>148997773
>What got me into it was the 1986 animated movie, which while I loved and still do, doesn't really seem to have those particular elements in it so much
I always wondered how a real sequel to that movie would've turned out to be had it been made back in its day. I guess they tried to do that with the True Savior movies, but I found them to be mostly meh, what with their focusing on stupid side shit and skipping out on the Raoh vs. Juza battle.
>>
>>148998070
I always felt a little bad for how little Juza was acknowledged.
Not only was he squeezed out of those movies, but Raoh even overlooked him in the manga when he said Toki was his only great rival
>>
File: Juza.jpg (260KB, 960x854px) Image search: [Google]
Juza.jpg
260KB, 960x854px
>>148998417
At least he got his own Gaiden spinoff and made it to the covers of the recent Ultimate Edition. Hell, they even gave him a son in the 30th anniversary chapter.
>>
>>148998768
>a son
how can a man like Juza only have one son
>>
I watched the OVA in VHS when I was 12. I was a little bit scared of the violence at the beginning but I got into it. Ended up watching the anime and reading the manga. It's an excellent battle shounen.
>>
>>148999499
with all that radioactivity even a single son is a huge proof of manhood.
>>
I'm still waiting for a shu or fudo gaiden
>>
>>148996329
ken's rage demo
>that was pretty dope
see it on hulu and recognize
> damm this shit is old
>doesn't hold your hand MC does not make it in time, all the time. innocents die.
>SHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIT this guy is like Jesus...
>>
File: 04_142.jpg (478KB, 1112x1600px) Image search: [Google]
04_142.jpg
478KB, 1112x1600px
>>148999616
Fudoh got his own gaiden not long ago as a backup story for Stawberry Hokuto.
>>
>>148999505
I remember I sent an internet friend a lend of the movie on VHS, when his main experience with anime were Cardcaptors, Pokemon and I think some of Evangelion.

I remember his response was something like, "Jesus, you could've warned me about Fist of the North Star"
>>
>>148999930
Cool didn't know that but it is in strawberry hokuto so that's probably why I didn't hear about it
>>
File: 06_142.jpg (504KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
06_142.jpg
504KB, 1125x1600px
>>149000002
Each volume has a different backup story done by Yukito. They also did one-shots for Heart, Thouzer, Huey & Shuren and Juda. The last one they did was about Shin and I'm guessing they're planning on doing Shew and Rihaku sometime in the future too.
>>
>>
>>149000353
Are any of them translated?
>>
File: 01_132.jpg (402KB, 843x1200px) Image search: [Google]
01_132.jpg
402KB, 843x1200px
>>149001387
I could've sworn Heart of Meet (the one with Heart as a shota) was at least translated, but only the RAWs are online.
www.hokutodestiny.com/hokuto-no-ken-30th-anniversary/i-30-anni-di-hokuto-no-ken-ecco-heart-of-meet.html

I might take the liberty of translating them myself one of these.
>>
Do you think shu could have taken Thouzer if those villagers weren't in danger
>>
>>149002018
They pretty much establish from the get-go that Nanto Ho-oken is God-tier among all the Nanto Seiken fighting styles, but I'm not sure if it's because it is really that powerful or because Thouzer carries the fate of the Leadership Star and is destined to outshine the other Nanto masters. The only reason he was immune to Hokuto Shinken was because of his heart placement.
>>
>>149001763
That would be pretty cool
>>
>>148996677
mad magazine is pretty bad though
>>
>>148996329
Is there a clean version of that artwork online? I think the original art got lost since I never seen it reprinted in any of the later Hokuto no Ken editions and artbooks. It's pretty cool how Kenshiro's wardrobe subtly changes on each story arc.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.