[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

xxxHolic Rei

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

So what do you think happened between xxxHolic and it's sequel xxxHolic Rei? I'm thinking Watanuki is in some dream or this is a different world with a different Watanuki. Yuko is still there and there seems to be no sign of the bird that was born from that weird egg Doumeki had.
>>
I stopped following it once Yuko disappeared. Clamp can't help but self-sabotage their stuff, can they?I really enjoyed the anime and used to be so hyped when OVAs would come out. Now I just hope that when this ends that Watanuki ends up with Yuko and is finally happy.

First ED was great, and some of the other songs are great too.

https://youtu.be/MsjaaipbpN8
https://youtu.be/POGx7rtew9s
>>
>>148993424
Yeah I watched all of the anime and went to manga and the soundtrack was top notch. I don't know I like Yuko but if at some point in the future Watanuki wakes up and everything is back to the way it was at the end of the first manga I'm dropping it.
>>
>>148993568

I can't recall exactly what took place at the end of the manga. Was it when Yuko disappeared? Was Himawari already married at that point?
>>
>>148993694
Yuko disappeared a long time before the end. Himawari was married and Watanuki was seeing Yuko in his dreams.
>>
>>148993424
It turned shit when CLAMP decided it was fancy and complex to tie all their works, really is just lazy marketing. I liked Holic when it was about supernatural and creepy stories. Even the whole Watanuki waiting for Yuuko is so shitty. The story shouldn't be about romance but the bonds he made with people. Ruined forever.
>>
>>148993887
Kohane married Doumeki,
That came out from nowhere and the explanation was so pathetic. I felt bad for those two. They deserved something better than being paired by default.
>>
>>148993888

Did Watanuki express romantic love for Yuko? When I was watching/reading it was never explicit.
>>
>>148993969
Nice digits and yes I guess? He gave up so much to take over the shop and wait for her so I guess he loves her. Though I don't think she will ever really come back unless it's in dreams.
>>
>>148993964
Yeah I want to cry because of that. Himawari is cursed and can't go into the shop to much, Yuko is dead, nothing is gonna happen with the Ame Warashi so no other babes for Watanuki that are good.
>>
>>148993424
>Happy end
>CLAMP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING FAGGOT AND LAUGH
>>
>>148993888
>It turned shit

Says your ass, there's A LOT of people that like the series.

Sorry you couldn't get your generic romcom garbage.
>>
>>148994089

I read up on Kohane because of this post >>148993964, and there was a time skip that shows their grandchildren helping Watanuki. 100+ years and she's still not there, and he's still alone? How fucking cruel.
>>
>>148993969
I don't know, I used to think better about CLAMP. But now I just think they are a bunch of old babas that don't know how to develop or difference romance from friendship, so they never get out of their safe place: dropped stories.
>>
>>148994341
>CLAMP turn Holic into romance shit
>Anon claims I like romcom
How can you be so insecure you need my approval to like a shitty bad developed story.
>>
File: jxxxholic_213_end.raw-b_63-64.jpg (411KB, 1455x1048px) Image search: [Google]
jxxxholic_213_end.raw-b_63-64.jpg
411KB, 1455x1048px
>>148994410
You never read the manga?

Yes, at least a century passes, Watanuki is now strong so he can finally go out of the shop but he chooses not to.

He spends his time with Doumeki(jr jr)
>>
File: 1.jpg (461KB, 1450x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
461KB, 1450x1032px
>>148994535
>>
>>148994535
I'm kinda pissed about the concept that the entire world/worlds depend of a group of melancholic over well intentioned bunch of people: Watanuki, Syaoran(x), Sakura(s).
>>
>>148994535

I read the manga up to the point Yuko disappeared and when he was getting visits from Doumeki, and the egg thing was a mystery ( it still is?). So is the time skip actually permanent with the original cast all dead, or was it just a glimpse of the future thing? Are those twins still alive?
>>
File: 2.jpg (376KB, 1453x1044px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
376KB, 1453x1044px
>>148994628
Who has the magic egg
>>
I saw on MAL that New OVA is in the making.

I wish Watanuki doesn't end up as couple though. They are perfect as Brother-Sister. Also, Zshiki Warasi's love towards Watanuki is pure & cute.
>>
>>148994688
You should read the fucking manga instead of asking to be spoonfed
>>
>>148994706
*I wish Watanuki and Yuuko doesn't end up as couple though
>>
>>148994704
>Tfw the egg is actually on of Doumeki's balls and gets fertilized by Watanuki's magic, and Yuuko borns from it.
>>
>>148994746

I appreciate the other posters answering my questions. I didn't like the direction things went, so I had to drop it. I'm asking and here because I do have some lingering attachment to the anime/manga because of how much I used to enjoy it, and it's rare as hell to see an xxxHoLIC thread on /a/.
>>
>>148994828
If you dropped it then stop asking about it, this is not /v/ fuck off newfag. If you're interested then read the series.
>>
>>148993271
>So what do you think happened between xxxHolic and it's sequel xxxHolic Rei?

what do you mean what do you think happened? did you read the manga? yuuko disappeared and watanuki inherited the shop. that's what happened
>>
Is the sequel still being released? Last I followed it was postponed to follow the Tsubasa sequel, which I've got in my backlog.
>>
I remember loving watching this show as a kid.
Tried rewatching it again recently and it looks like absolute horse garbage.

fucking blurry as hell no detail pixelized 144p.
My god I'd rather claw my eyes out than watch this.
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>148996599
Studio I.G. put out 5 stellar TRC OVA's. But they really dropped the ball in the animation department in XxxHolic.
>>
File: what-19.png (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what-19.png
70KB, 400x400px
Perfect time to see this thread, do I need to watch Tsubasa to understand Shunmuki?
>>
>>148996599
It took me a few episodes to get past the shitty quality. It's still good.
>>
>>148993271
I'm just waiting for more Clow Reed and Yuko shenanigans.
I really wanna find out what Yuko's actual name was.
>>
>>148996340
And they cook, make tea, eat sweets and worry about the world in between.
>>
>>148996688
>watch
No, you can't watch any of them because
1-The Tsubasa anime is garbage and CLAMP hates it
2-The Holic anime is ok-ish but still not enough for you to understand, or finished.

And yeah if you want to found out everything about Watanuko, the rest of Holic cast and the world then you need to read TRC and viceversa but you'll still get most of it.
>>
>>148997357
>You need to read
Implying 40% of TRC is not just battles and the other 50% is people being nice to each other. So only 10% gives some info and is better to read a summary at this point.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.