[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something's bad gonna happen right This is gonna be another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Something's bad gonna happen right

This is gonna be another Madoka Magica or YYY all over again
>>
>>148967116
nope, just kill la kill all over again
>>
>>148967116
I actually want this to happen and can see it coming. There is something off about how little we know and small things like Coconas grandma and that brain in that robot.
>>
>>148967291
This unfortunately.
>>
LE EPIC EDGY MOMENT is coming.
>>
>>148967346
Not to mention the creepy painting or the dream in the first episode or the dead girl in the first episode or the creepy fucking cult or the despair all over the OP.
>>
>>148967291

what makes you think so? KLK is so different in that we never expected bad things to happen, we thought the final boss is going to be Satsuki.

This anime is screaming for something shitty going to happen, there's bunch of tidbits of spooky stuff littered all over.
>>
>>148967495
Dead girl in ep1?
What the fuck were we watching the same show?
>>
>>148968996
When Papika is escaping the lab she says that this one (partner) was another bust so she is going out to search for another. We then see this shot of a motionless girls body on the floor inside FlipFlap's lair. When Cocona and Papika first get into Pure Illusion Papika makes a big deal out of Cocona being able to make it to Pure Illusion alive strongly implying the girl in this picture is dead and that most who have tried to go to pure illusion before with her have also died.
>>
>>148968996
Did you only just watch the episodes and miss all the speculation threads or something?
>>
>>148969315
What the fuck I never noticed this
>>
>>148969567
Seems like missing the threads is a big deal?

What kind of speculation happens in there? Might drop in next time
>>
>>148969627
not sure what else besides uexkell semiotics, ego/id/superego, hyperart thomasson, and psychosexual themes/symbolism

there was a work of literature/poem recited also, don't remember which though
>>
>>148969739
What the fuck?

Holy shit I need to start reading this shit up
>>
>>148969774
There's also the sodium vapor streetlights.
>>
File: pureillusionrealworld.jpg (545KB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [Google]
pureillusionrealworld.jpg
545KB, 1280x2880px
>>148969627
Mostly just people looking for meaning in absolutely everything even when it isn't there and spotting references in the show to things. Things like how every episode title so far is a a reference to a piece of audio equipment and there are lots of wavelength type images in the show (the computers in the lab where their feelings have to be the same to get into pure illusion, FlipFlaps lair is soundproofed, the use vacuum tube technology that used to be used in audio equipment, Papika is described as one half of direct drive a type of turntable mechanism, the OP has wavelengths in it, to get into pure illusion they have to reach zero impedance).

The room they go into in order to get to pure illusion from the lab is called the thomasson which is a reference to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperart_Thomasson

There is plenty of other stuff like lots of optical illusion references in episode 1 or small things that many people wouldn't have noticed like the pure illusion in episode 1 mapping the landscape of the real world in a fucked up way like in picture related. The landscape follows the same order in pure illusion as in the real world when facaing the same directions. Small details things.
>>
>>148969627
My favourite piece of speculation personally though is that the whole robot kidnap was used to implant some kind of tracking device into Cocona by the cultist group that Yayaka works for. Probably in her arm which is why she says her arm hurts at the beginning of episode 2 and then Yayaka and the creepy grandma both touch her arm in exactly the same place. It also explains how Yayaka and her crew managed to find Papika and Cocona so easily in the 3rd episodes pure illusion, because if they are tracking Cocona they already know where she is. It would also explain why Yayaka instantly disliked Papika, because she knows she is from FlipFlap and getting her childhood friend involved with the enemy, and why she is watching them from behind the tree in episode 2 when they come out from underground, she knows where they are because of tracking Cocona, I think that the cultist people are basically going to show up whenever they get close to getting a fragment and then steal the fragments until FlipFlap realise they are being monitored.
>>
>>148967116
Shit will go down for sure. Its supposed to be an homage to the german fairytales and you know shit always goes down for those naive kids in tose stories, so that they learn their shit. I hope it gets dark and teaches a lesson at the end, if its just nonsensical stuff with nice animaton, i will be mad as fuck.
>>
>>148970348
I would prefer it has something more to it than that but if not I am happy to enjoy the fun ride it has been so far.
>>
>>148970522
The visuals alone are enough for me to tune in every week but i am kinda done with shows just betting on nice visuals to carry them. Hollywood went that way too and now look at what happened this year in case you watched cinema. If flappers just gets a proper plot going with meaningful character development, while looking as good as it has been, its one of my AOTY.
>>
the KKK will fuck shit up
>>
>>148970764
I wouldn't say its quite the same with anime. There are a lot of shows that are just extremely generic and don't even have nice animation to compensate, the majority of it looks like garbage. Flip Flappers if it is was just "random fun" with nice animation would stand out just for that you don't really get those kinds of shows that much, it wouldn't be phoning it in and being lazy I feel, just not quite achieving the potential it has hinted at having. Either way if they carry on with the MOTW format with plot fitting around that it is going to continue to be slow to develop so I assume they are going to have to break from the current formula at some point and go into serious mode or at the very least start making the pure illusion segments more plot relevant. All they have really been used for so far is deepening the bond and understanding between Cocona and Papika, maybe with the introduction of the cultist band more properly last week things will start to change to a more serious plot though including inside pure illusion. That might be the case especially if the speculation about the robot kidnap >>148969974 turns out to be accurate.
>>
>>148970928
>KKK
More like Big Fire.
>>
>>148971215
More like Neo-Atlantis/Gargoyle
>>
File: nadia2_02.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
nadia2_02.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>>148971266
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.