[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck, this show is amazing. >overly perfect MC, so you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14

Holy fuck, this show is amazing.

>overly perfect MC, so you never have to worry about seeing him lose or get humiliated
>cute, regal imouto who's head-over-heels for him
>likable side characters
>good animation

I'm not seeing a downside.
>>
>>148887906
all of those things you just described, some people don't like.
The rest of us do though.
>>
Just the best
>>
>>148887906
Those first two points are reasons why people hate it.
>>
File: oniisama.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oniisama.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>148887906
That's just the beginning shit gets out of proportion as his abilities are gradually exposed
>He is sealed and only able to use half of his power due security matters (government and family fears he may blow up the entire planet)
>Predicted to be destroyer of worlds at birth
>Elite martial artist by world standards with physical skills so impressive that people thinks they are spells, when they're just his natural parameters
>His famous martial arts master is barely able to keep with him using both magic and physical attacks while MC just uses physical attacks
>Able to cast the ultimate decomposition magic, the power to convert any matter into pure energy with 100% conversion rate, more dangerous than several atomic bombs an no upper limit of destruction which makes him potential universe buster
>His all seeing eye analyzes magic, allows him to cancel spells in several ways an perceive the world from upper healm
>The range of his all seeing eye is limitless allowing him to perform beyond horizon sniping with his world shattering magic or pinpointing spy satellite at earth orbit spying on him
>Fastest magic caster from his entire clan(the most powerful clan)
>The worlds greatest magic technology engineer that singlehandedly advanced technology in at least 10 years
>His crippling flaws are that he's merely above average in looks and suffers from weakened emotions, making him the cool badass stoic character. He is also is bad at spells outside his specialty making people discriminate against him
>>
>>148888170
>s2 never
>>
>>148888302
Maybe if the movie is sucessful
>>
>>148887906
>overly perfect MC
Not true. He is very plain-looking. I mean look at him. Snore.
>>
>>148887906
>overly perfect MC, so you never have to worry about seeing him lose or get humiliated
I dislike this but I also hate shinji for the exact opposite reason
>>
>>148888451
Onii-sama is perfect. I hope he overpowers everything in s2
>>
>>148888170
>You're giving me 10,000 JPY? Why?!

I like how they couldn't even let paramedics do their job, Tats has to come in and explain everything they should do as soon as they arrive
Can't even have that

You also forgot the part about him enduring extreme pain to heal his classmates without even flinching but deep down he's suffering
>>
File: tatsuya_parameters.jpg (231KB, 555x415px) Image search: [Google]
tatsuya_parameters.jpg
231KB, 555x415px
>>148888451
Thats a meme author even stated that hes is above average in looks but mundane.
>>
File: 1455770870359.png (132KB, 835x296px) Image search: [Google]
1455770870359.png
132KB, 835x296px
>>148889074
>above average
>mundane
not compute
>>
File: 1410625739889.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1410625739889.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>148887906
watching this with /a/ was fun, SECOND SEASON FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>148888976
>I like how they couldn't even let paramedics do their job
Paramedics don't have an all seeing eye that makes even the most futuristic X ray or any other sort of medical imaging look like pure crap
>You also forgot the part about him enduring extreme pain to heal his classmates without even flinching
He kind of, normally he consciously disables
sweat function yet you can clearly see one drop of sweat from him while hes performing regrowth on his colleagues.
>>
>/a/ hates Re:Zero
>/a/ loves Mahouka because "it's fun lmao"

Explain.
>>
>>148889140
If compared with his school colleagues that are mostly 10/10 only
>>
>>148889361
Because Re:Zero tries to take itself seriously and therefore it gets the shit end of the stick when autists watch it.
>>
>>148889361
To be fair Mahouka purpose is clear and its not inconsistent, thing that re:zero failed to do also Mahouka author avoids doing anything beyond novel main appeal(sasuga oniisama, incest, magic science and world building).
>>
>>148889361
Easy.
Re:Zero isn't fun.
>>
>>148887906
How anyone likes incest is beyond me.
>>
>>148889820
you must be new here. feel free to lurk a bit longer
>>
File: DaBest.png (568KB, 1276x1440px) Image search: [Google]
DaBest.png
568KB, 1276x1440px
And (You) know it.
>>
>>148887906
Exactly the same thing with no game no life. Why do people take it seriously? It's just dumb fun with asspull and waifus
Jibril best girl
>>
File: yesAnd.png (24KB, 201x201px) Image search: [Google]
yesAnd.png
24KB, 201x201px
>>148889952
>>
>>148887973
>all of those things you just described, some people don't like.
The likable side characters and good animation just rub me the wrong way.
>>
>>148890010
Yes and what? I made a question faggot
>>
>>148888170
isn't he terrible at basic magic as well?
>>
File: pixiv43093010_0.jpg (426KB, 600x858px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv43093010_0.jpg
426KB, 600x858px
>>
File: the best.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the best.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>148889361
People prefer self inserting as gary stu rather than screwup who constantly dies.
>>
>>148887906
>I'm not seeing a downside.
it's boring, and the shitty science pseudo-magic shit makes no sense. and besides the girls the side characters are boring as fug.
>>
>>148890139
he's terrible at everything that isn't basic magic, because he can only cast spells with 5 steps or something like that but he can cast extremely quickly, so it doesn't matter
>>
>>148889361
Mahouka has good worldbuilding, fun side characters and you can read it as a comedic story of the exploits of the autistic magic genius.

ReZero has that maid with the blue hair
>>
File: order.png (890KB, 2088x1488px) Image search: [Google]
order.png
890KB, 2088x1488px
Here's a basic guide on magic for those that didn't read the technobabble.
>>
>>148889952
>>148889952
>asspull
that's the difference with no game no life, with mahouka every single MC ability is infodumped/foreshadowed to death, besides that there's foreshadowed abilities that Tatsuya still not developed, as example his use of his overpowered eye is still immature(stated by himself) seems like its supposed also give him precognition and besides his several seals he imposes another kind of seal on himself - he allocates half of his processing power and all seeing eye both active and passive capabilities on Miyuki 24/7 he may also go crazy if he stops doing that his sister complex is like off the charts.
>>
>>148889361
>>/a/ hates Re:Zero
>>
>>148889074
>ER MAH GOD HE'S LITERALLY OFF OF THE CHART

I hate when people do this shit
>>
>>148889361
/a/ is not one person. I believe Mahouka was generally looked down upon when it aired and it's looked down upon now. The show had few redeeming qualities and the premise of a perfect MC is quite frankly awful from a storytelling perspective. I'd wager that the majority of the fanbase are either newfags who haven't explored the medium or underage b& who think that supreme power makes for an enjoyable plot point.
>>
>>148890838
Well, being able to annihilate the physical helm is not very common ability
>>
>>148890933
It was entertaining. You don't have to judge everything like it's the next classical fucking piece of art.
God forbid people have fun watching a guy wreck shit.
>>
>>148887973
The only part i dont like is the sisters love. Cant wait for Mayumi to win the Tatsubowl, but its still a ways off so gotta Miyuki enjoy herself for now.
it'd be so fun to see Miyukifags keep the trend of failing main heroines.
>>
>>148890933
I actually really liked the overpoweredness. While he's fighting I'm just wondering how he is gona wreck the next guy,

It's unique.
>>
>>148891041
Wasn't there that whole speculation about Mayumi being related to the Yotsuba's in some way? Where did that lead off to?
>>
>>148887906
the characters are boring as fuck. the MC has no personality. a robot could replace Tatsuya and no one would know the difference
>>
>>148891540
I like that he has no personality
>>
>>148891687
why?
>>
>>148889361
>/a/ is 1 person
>>
>>148890989
>You don't have to judge everything like it's the next classical fucking piece of art.

Looking at something critically doesn't mean holding it to the same standard as whatever high art is to you.

>>148889434
Don't kid yourself. They both try to play it straight. Sure, to someone more read the writing of Mahouka might seem very well satirical but people seem to forget who its target audience is i.e. Japanese middleschoolers.

The people who say you should read/watch mahouka "ironically" or claim it's actually a self-aware comedy are full of shit. If you're going to consume shit at least own up to it or try to find some justification as to what makes it good instead of this pathetic "i like it ironically" apologism.
>>
>>148891687
>>148891540
Actually he has very peculiar personality even more if compared with other light novel main character, it just happens that he goes automatic about anything irrelevant but as soon his imouto is concerned he goes full demon edgelord max level.
>>
File: 1477109172592.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477109172592.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>148887906
Just finished the anime for the third time today. It's a pretty easy watch. I don't know what it is about it but I just find the combination of the art-style, worldbuilding, and onii-sama to make it really enjoyable.

Tatsuya's coolness factor erases the negative side effects caused by him being a Gary Stu.

Tried getting into the LN but the unofficial translations are of predictably mediocre quality. Official versions are only on what, like the 4th volume or something? Oh well, guess there's that movie next summer.
>>
>>148892091
>Tatsuya's coolness factor erases the negative side effects caused by him being a Gary Stu.

Congrats on being the exact kind of philistine this shit is marketed toward.
>>
File: image.png (25KB, 152x109px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25KB, 152x109px
>people like this show
>>
File: 1477123094520.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477123094520.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>148892213
>You're a philistine for enjoying a series where the MC finally isn't a serial fuckup, an angsty edgelord, or a beta faggot

Here's your reply, kid.
>>
>>148889361
Re:Zero is boring
Mahouka is not boring.
>>
>>148891910
There's nothing peculiar about it, he literally lacks any sort of emotion except familial love for his sister. That isn't good writing or interesting, it's the only thing that keeps him from being a robot.

You ever wonder why mahouka isn't written from the first person like so many other lightnovels? It's cause there's basically nothing going on in Tatsuya's head that a human being can relate to. I'm sure it was all intentional though, since the lack of having to to write out character thoughts as things take place leaves the author plenty of real estate to fill with the magic jargon explanations he loves so much.
>>
>>148892417
>when confronted, the mahoukafag will immediately being projecting how anyone who doesn't like gary stus must like beta protagonists.

Like clockwork, you lot never change.
>>
>>148892417
>If you don't like Tatsuya you must like beta shinji clones

I know this must be very difficult for you to understand since you've clearly pigeonholed yourself into this dichotomy that you can only like one and must hate the other but other character types exist. Furthermore there exists a thing as a well written powerful MC, there also exist well written beta MCs, and ones that don't fit either description. Fascinating stuff, I know.
>>
>>148892725
>when confronted, the mahoukafag will immediately being projecting how anyone who doesn't like gary stus must like beta protagonists.
>>148892915
>If you don't like Tatsuya you must like beta shinji clones

People like you two greentext this shit in Mahouka threads all the time yet your biggest problem with the series always seems to revolve back around to Tatsuya being a powerful badass. I didn't even deny that he's a plot armored Gary Stu, just tried to explain why it's tolerable.

The reason people come back to Mahouka is because Tatsuya is like a breath of fresh air useful for getting the taste of shitty MC out of your mouth that we are most typically inundated with these days.
>>
>>148893357
>the problem is around Tatsuya
I think this LN is just all about e erroneous dick sucking the guy? Wrong?

Dunno, overall, I think Mahouka is like a comedy not sure if that's the Arthur's intend though.
>>
>>148887906
tatsuya x mayumi otp
>>
>>148889168

Especially the shitposting everyone done, perfect /a/ anime material
>>
>>148893474
>E errorneous
I mean everyone...what the hell.
>>
>>148893357
>The reason people come back to Mahouka is because Tatsuya is like a breath of fresh air useful for getting the taste of shitty MC out of your mouth that we are most typically inundated with these days.
pretty much this. I'm so fucking tired of beta male MCs. the only good male MCs recently have been from Joker Game and Planetarian. For some reason Japan is going though a rift where the only alpha characters are women
>>
>>148887906
Mahouka had shit animation.
>>
>>148890139
Something that's not really a downside given how much better his stuff is.
>>
>>148890139
he is under average lvl at anything that is not his Elemental Sight or Decomposition.
>>
>Tatsuya and Miyuki are siblings of the same year and children to Tatsurou Shiba and the late Miya Yotsuba;LN 3.2 their parents had a loveless forced marriage, and when their mother died, their father married his mistress, Sayuri Furuha, leaving the siblings to live by themselves.LN 6.2 Maya Yotsuba, their aunt and the leader of the Yotsuba, was the reason Tatsuya was born with the unique magic to decompose, reconstruct, and detonate matter.LN 16.6 Out of fear, the Yotsuba rallied for Tatsuya's death, forcing Miya and Maya to take measures to ensure his survival: the first was Miyuki's creation, a powerful magician who will act as a seal to Tatsuya's power; the second is to magically dull Tatsuya's emotions except for his love towards Miyuki; and the third was to assign Tatsuya to be Miyuki's bodyguard in order to develop his sense of loyalty towards her.LN 16.6 During a family vacation in Okinawa, Tatsuya wards off an invasion by the Great Asian Alliance and joins the 101 Independent Magic-Equipped Battalion which is headed by major Kazama Harunobu.LN 8.7 At some point during his life, Tatsuya developed an interest in engineering magical technology and commercialized revolutionary technology through his family's company, Four Leaves Technology, under the identity Taurus Silver.LN 3.2 He is voiced by Yuichi Nakamura.[1]

How can anyone dislike this? He is an emotionally stunted golem whose only pure emotion is his love for his imouto.
>>
>>148894762
>How can anyone dislike this?
Faggots exist, unfortunately.
>>
File: 23.png (142KB, 625x390px) Image search: [Google]
23.png
142KB, 625x390px
>>148892241
>people don't like this show
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.