[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont quite understand the joke here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

File: 1477144408771.jpg (121KB, 960x759px) Image search: [Google]
1477144408771.jpg
121KB, 960x759px
I dont quite understand the joke here.
>>
MOE BABY

BOOYAH
>>
Joke eat joke thread.
>>
>>148870202
>Being that butthurt over that image that you had to make a thread

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>148870313
I didnt care about the thread I just wondered what its making fun of.
>>
>>148870202
>Kant
>>>/trash/
>>
>>148870403
>shitting on Kant

Its like Im posting with dropouts. Do you even know a single thing about his work?
>>
>>148870402

The joke is that there is an exact opposite of this picture where the left side has the detailed meaning behind the line while the right has "hurr durr".

The point is that they're completely different anime and anyone that gets upset is an idiot.
>>
>>148870514
I know he got friendzoned so hard he became an emo
>>
>>148870202
The joke is cute girls doing cute things is deeper and more substantive than edgy 90's mecha.
>>
>>148870730
>mecha
>>
>>148870730
the point was to make fun of people like you who overanalyze CGDCT like it's the second coming of christ.
>>
>>148870602
So both lines are largely superficial with no deeper meaning and its all just retarded "manime" vs cute girl/SOL shit?
>>
>>148870202
It's making fun of people who say anime has gotten stupider when in truth anime was always stupid
>>
>>148870779
>implying you know my personal beliefs on CGDCT at any level; deep or even superficial

I've seen Eva, Mushi-shi, Kino no Tabi, etc. and used to absolutely refuse to watch what I referred to as "moeshit". Although Kino is still in my top 10 the rest, such as Texhnolyze, have fallen completely from my top 10 and Kino doesn't rank as highly anymore. That is because I had a change of heart about the cute girls doing cute things genre and now realize that they do a better job making me feel good about life. What can be deeper than happiness? I still like deep serious shit but now I can get all gleeful at silly middle schoolers. That shit feels good, man.
Basically anybody who holds contempt for CGDCT and raves about 2deep4u anime should go read some treatises on western and eastern philosophy then try Keion etc. again and see if it is really so bad.
>>
>>148871522
idk everyone seems to think moe SoL is the final stop for everyone who watches anime for long enough but for me it was the complete opposite, I pretty much only watched moe SoL when I first started anime and then moved on to 2deep4u stuff eventually. It's not even that I disliked the feelgood part of it, I just cant take the stupid archetypes that are spammed in every single one of them. Stuff like Akage no Anne with realistic characters I love.
>>
>>148870403
Well, he's more important than all the crap Murrica ever produced
>>
>>148871522
>such as Texhnolyze
At least you have good taste
>>
>>148872365
Everyone keeps saying how good that is. Guess I should give it a try already.
>>
K-On genuinely has more artistic merit than LOGH because it has uses the medium to tell its story. LOGH is a story, K-On is art.
>>
>>148872422
It's a great show! Lots of cute girls. Spiritually uplifting. Watch it with your church group. Watch it with your kids. Bring a cherry pie.
>>
File: came.saw.laughed..jpg (43KB, 522x303px) Image search: [Google]
came.saw.laughed..jpg
43KB, 522x303px
>>148870202
>stupid
>literally autistic
>no sense of humor
Sasuga, LoGH babby.
>>
>>148871522
>I had a change of heart about the cute girls doing cute things genre and now realize that they do a better job making me feel good about life
Perhaps you just got depressed (but don't realize it yet). Watch out, though, if that's true, one day even moe SoL won't do the trick, and then it'll hit you hard.
>>
>>148870202
It makes fun of babbies who watched their first 'sewious' anime and think it's deep and therefore inherently better than moeshit. But in reality all anime is superficial, mind-numbing fun. That is what grownups - who just watch what they like, be it manime, moeshit, or whatever goes with their mood, and are not desperate for outside validation of their tastes - have come to accept as the medium's charm.
>>
>>148874711
>all anime is superficial, mind-numbing fun
>what is texhnolyze, monster, ghost in the shell, vagabond etc.

The manime vs cute girls crap is a stupid argument sure but not for the inane reasons you posted.
>>
Digibro genuinely does believe K-On is deep and conducted an analysis on why it's one of the thematically deep anime ever.

Bearing that in mind, it is dead-set trash, and nowhere near the same league as LoGH.
>>
>>148874794
>what is texhnolyze, monster, ghost in the shell, vagabond etc.
Just like LoGH: pretentious shit only teens who've never read a philosophy or history book willl find deep and unique.
>>
I don't like K-On anymore and love LoGH. Please don't crucify me, /a/.
>>
>>148875276
I don't like LOGH anymore and love K-On. Feeling pretty good with my great taste senpai
>>
>>148875210
How are they pretentious just because volumes of history and philosophy exist? They can still implement those ideas into a story and it can work. That doesn't mean that its trying to show greater knowledge or culture than it possesses.

Retards like you ironically have probably read little of any of that. People can get into anime like that because of an already existing interest in such topics. You're only pretentious if you think that you know everything about said topics by only watching anime that used those ideas.
>>
>>148875521
Best you avoid replying to morons. They never learn.
>>
>>148875467
I only request the permission to post on /a/ without being bullied.
>>
>>148875736
True. The same kind of morons who hold that opinion typically know nothing of history, literature or philosophy. One guy actually said that serious, deep storytelling typically comes from hollywood of all places. Ironically they end up being more pretentious than anybody.
>>
>>148875210
moeshit is still objectively lower on the totem pole

using reductive statements won't change that

faggots like you just can't admit what they like is bottom of the barrel even within its own medium, and can't offer any actual arguments in favor of their SoL shit (when the only argument you need is "i like what i like") so you just use absolutely retarded logic to try and justify watching it

>hurr i can find numerous flaws in this story and not every theme or character is entirely original so it's the same as literal garbage

kill yourself, i like plenty of shitty anime for personal reasons (and like them more than "deep" shit i might add) but i don't try to bring down actually good anime to their level out of insecurity

no matter how many philosophy or history books or kino foreign movies or whatever you've seen, no matter how unimpressed you were with the constantly praised "deep" shows that emulate them, you'd have to be mentally disabled to unironically put them on the same level as K-On
>>
>>148875792
>permission to post on /a/ without being bullied.
Yeah, it's not like obnoxious LoGH-babbies bully everyone who dares not worship their sacred cow hard enough.
>>
If you see anyone defending/heaping praise on K-On, accuse them of being Digi.

They hate that.
>>
>>148870202
shame it devolves into a textbook description of frege and carnap's revision of the analytic synthetic distinction.
a wall of text with intimidating language and obscure references to the history of analytic philosophy sure does cut out the prospect of writing an actually salient piece of thought provoking analysis about yui's sentence.
just write something that sounds like it could be smart and that's just as good.
>>
Joke is both shows are shit.
>>
>>148876146
Anyone would hate being called a faggot e-celeb .
>>
>>148876321
It's particularly bad for K-On fans because he legitimately thinks the show is a masterpiece.
>>
File: APPLESEED9.jpg (147KB, 531x347px) Image search: [Google]
APPLESEED9.jpg
147KB, 531x347px
>>148875210
>pretentious shit only teens who've never read a philosophy or history book

I wouldn't know about the other ones but the reason I got into Shirow's work like Appleseed and GiTS was because I was already into philosophy and I was in my 20s by then.

The theme in Appleseed of the centrally controlled city and how the main characters are living in what they define as a prison world, and still assume a line of work where they support it and kill those opposing it.

That's an allegory for modern life, not very deep but it still is different for people who mindlessly follow along with it to see this view.

Ghost in the Shell takes this even further being enthusiastic about technology and criticising it at the same time. There are also some striking similarities with SAC2 and the refugee crisis in europe right now, if you live here you'll understand what I'm saying, it's so spot on it's almost scary.

If you don't understand the references, and have to call it "pretentious", you come out as the teen here.
>>
>>148874418
I'm not in denial of my depressing. I just compartmentalize well and am able to enjoy the happiness of moe in this unhappy world we live in. Being a daoist and reading T. M. Scanlon helps. I hope you can like cute girls again, /a/non!
>>
>>148876380
Still, pretending to be a person who gives a shit about e-celebs isn't worth it.
>>
>>148870202
There is no joke.
"Dogs eat dog food" is a really shitty metaphor.
>>
>>148876634
Who's pretending to be anyone? Read what I said properly you stupid idiot.
>>
>>148877173
You do realize that when you call K-On! fans Digibro you are essentially pretending to be a person who watches and cares about those anime e-celebs, right?
>>
>>148870779
Name a greater feminist masterpiece than K-On!!
>>
>>148877397

Ghost in the Shell
>>
>>148870779
Name a greater feminist masterpiece than K-On!!
>>
>>148870779
I don't get why they do this. If you just want to watch the anime version of junk food that's fine, but don't try to tell everyone it's fine dining.
>>
>>148877450
Oshii's? I'd agree, but it has much more primary concerns.
>>
>>148877326
No, but thank you for proving your stupidity.
>>
File: 1470827407571.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470827407571.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>148878067
Yeah, sure. Whatever you say.
>>
>>148870202
I watched Arslan and it was full of gary stu 1-D heroes. Is LOTGH also same?
Because compared to K-on, Arslan was fucking trash.
>>
>>148878192
Digibro is the least hypocritic anime youtuber though.
>>
>>148870402
>>148870202
If you don't get it, you need to lurk more or you might be retarded.
>>
>>148876381
>That's an allegory for modern life, not very deep
What is deep?
Give example.
>>
>>148870602
I'd apretiate if that image were posted. I hav lots of "then / now" pics, but not that one.
>>
>>148878403
If you're the same anon the burden of proof is on you. You're the one who claimed its all trash because a book on philosophy did it first. I bet you've watched none of those shows or really paid attention to much.
>>
>>148879491
I am not that guy. I am genuinely interested about the term deep regarding any genre of anime. People use it like buzzword without giving meaningful example.
>>
>>148875929
He hasn't read shit nor is he able to enjoy "higher art" forms. He's just a fucking insecure antiintellectual red neck.
>>
>>148878327
>he's not a hypocritic because he consumes the same trashy anime I consume.
>>
You should be able HAHAAHHA to solve th-HAHAHAHAHHA-is
>>
>>148880158
about tree fiddy
>>
>>148880041
How is anybody hypocrite if he enjoys anime as entertainment and admit it as such?
>>
>>148879700
Oh. Well yeah its like you say deep is a buzzword with no real meaning. I suppose its supposed to imply there's intellectual substance within something. But its a stupid word to use. GiTS explores political ideas and philosophy giving it a considerable amount of substance. Are they original? Not likely but why is it any less interesting because its a different idea being implemented into a visual medium.

I liked the movie and the story in the manga its based off of, as it followed the major's existential crisis and questions the boundary between man and machine. Although its been awhile since I watched so I can't remember every detail and idea behind them.
>>
>>148878262
Gary Stu wins. And then dies from a Unnamed Terminal Illness because apparently he is Too Good For This World. Either this is the epitome of Gary Sueism, or it is just that for some bizarre reason, despite being full of FTL spaceships and pew-pew lazors, their world has worse medical technology than the third-world shitholes of today.
>>
>>148880158
Is this how normies see math?
>>
>>148870202
>Kant
Screw Kant, Hegel is cooler.
>>
new thread >>>/sp/72059737

>>>/sp/72059737
>>
>>148880388
Normies learn derivation from Conan and differentiation from Jimmy Fallon.

Daniel Tosh teaches thermodynamics.
>>
>>148879700
>>148880212
isn't depth used to mean that a show is open-ended to interpretation? As in there is more to it than what is shown to you on the surface level. It's pretty hard to pinpoint when a show is deep, which is why it became a buzzword, but it's definitely a real concept.
>>
>>148881178
I guess you could say that. But then eva would be deep wouldn't it?
>>
>>148881315
I mean technically people could find a way to analyze any show, deep or not. This is why I said it's hard to determine if it's really deep or just flashing random imagery at you to pretend it is.
>>
>>148877164

Explain your understanding of the quote in context. (5pts)
>>
>>148870202
When are people going to stop using K-On when refering to "anime now"? The anime started more than 7 years ago and we did not have anything new since 2011. It's time to let go. Use GochiUsa or some shit.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.