[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 19

Name one flaw.
>>
TTGL is better
>>
I can't choose.
There's too many.
>>
Mako
>>
>>148838017
budgeting.

The initial couple of episodes had a lot of bombastic scenes and battles, but starting at around episode 3 the animation quality took a huge dive, and between the infamous CGI kamui fight, all the fights that are pretty much just "clashing images of weapons while dialogue plays" or "lights moving around in the background bouncing off of eachother," the series just never picked itself back up to the standard set by our first impression of it.

That and a lot of the plot elements seemed to have been pulled out-of-ass halfway through production, like how Ryuko's dad is actually Ryuko's dad, just bent over to look like an old man for...no real reason? Or how a lot of design elements, like Ryuko's "possessed" form, are never revisited or dwelt upon ever again.
>>
>>148838089
>There aren't any.
Fixed that for you.
>>
Pre-mid arc and the 'not so surprising' plottwist together with the very bad spread out budget. All of this put me out of the rhythm/phase of the serie.
>>
>>148838160
That's not really correct.
Episode 2 isn't really great, animation wise.
And aside from CG Satsuki (that obviously was just Trigger still being inexperienced with the subject, the CG in episodes 15 and 25 is much better) , the animation in ep 3 was great.
You can pinpoint the episodes that really suffer from lack of animation, they're 13, 19 and 20.
>>
>>148838211
What's the premid arc?
>>
>>148838359
Khara did the CG, not Trigger.
>>
>>148838160

this
>>
>>148838723
Then I wonder why they did such a bad job in the third episode compared to the others.
>>
File: 1387578400226.png (616KB, 1000x816px) Image search: [Google]
1387578400226.png
616KB, 1000x816px
>>148838017
Poor choice in VAs
>>
>>148838017
We got a sticky every time a new episode came out.
>>
>>148838017
It got too popular so now we have to hate it.
>>
>>148838160
>like how Ryuko's dad is actually Ryuko's dad, just bent over to look like an old man for...no real reason?
This is explained in the show.
>Or how a lot of design elements, like Ryuko's "possessed" form, are never revisited or dwelt upon ever again.
There was no need to revisit that particular design.
>>
File: imaishiend.jpg (149KB, 632x1074px) Image search: [Google]
imaishiend.jpg
149KB, 632x1074px
>>148838017
Imaishi end.
>>
It's dumb.
>>
Shit ending.

How can show like this have such a TAME ending, I still hate it to this day.
>>
>>148838017
Animation
Story
Characters
Pacing
Villain
Edge
>>
>>148839645
One of those endings is good.
>>
>>148838017
Satsuki wasn't the MC.
Actually no, Satsuki and Ryuko should have been fused into one character.
>>
not enough Mako
>>
>>148838017
Terrible script and animation
>>
Lack of a black character
>>
>>148839645
Name a Gainax Original ending that isn't bittersweet.
I'll wait.
>>
>>148838878

...Nani sore?
>>
>>148839645
I never noticed.
Why, does he see Love interests as disposable character development devices, who ought to be thrown away when after they fulfilled their purpose? Or maybe it's the other way around?
>>
>>148839807
>Homaru
>Gamagori
>Tsumugu
>>
>>148839834
Fucking Nadia.
>>
>>148839865
But those are all fleshed out characters with their own arc?
How are they plot devices?
>>
>>148839645
Should have had Ryuko disintegrate in Satsuki's arms, she's Life Fibers too, right?
>>
>>148839874

Ho'omaru is literally the only black character. She's legit from Africa. Tsumugu and Gamagoori are just tan.
>>
>>148839891
The ending Anno had in mind was Jean and Nadia reading in a newspaper about the atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
NHK made him change it, and it was shit.
>>
>>148839891
You forgot that Nadia had to watch her big bro blow up. And then her dad died because she shot him.
>>
>>148839998
There's nothing bad about the ending we got, sperg.
>>
>>148839834
Abenobashi fakes out of the bittersweet ending at the last second.
>>
>>148839920
Senketsu died for the strain of absorbing all the uniforms and Shinra Kotetsu, not because it's life fibers.
>>
>>148839917
When you consider their purpose from an MC centric point of view, they all help the MC get better after a slump of some kind, accompany their character development, and support them.
They're fleshed out sure, but they were still created for that purpose.
>>
The second OP has stills of Ryuko and Satsuki "walking" instead of just animating them walking.
It's the OP. They only had to animate it once and re-use it. Ruins an otherwise great OP.
>>
>>148840027
It's bland and unmemorable.
And Marie x Sanson is retarded and out of nowhere.
>>
>>148840015
They were assholes
>>
File: Tea party.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tea party.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>148840114
How can one retard be so retarded?
And no it didn't, you were clearly too stupid to see the blindingly obvious.
>>
>>148840076
Sure, but you could same the same about most characters in stories that have a strong lead.
>>
>>148838017

The school did not transform into anything awesome.

Seriously that thing looks like it was meant to turn into a giant mech or something but it didn't do shit.
>>
>>148838017
Lack of personal closure in the Finale.

They should have swapped two things around at the end, instead of Nui becoming a Kamui for Ragyō, it should have been the other way around, the fatally wounded Ragyō turning herself into a Kamui for Nui to wear, then the now superpowered Nui taking to the sky to finish the covers takeover.

It changes it from "Oh, you killed me, shame I had an extra life left." to Ragyō coming to terms with her own defeat but pushing on knowing that her goal is worthwhile. It changes Nui's entire character, strength and mystery being ended in "Okay sure I'll die for you." to having actual confrontation and a real fight and a reasonable conclusion for her.

It also gives Satsuki and Ryūko the closure in their own character arts. Satsuki does successfully defeat and kill her mother, rather than just opening the way for Ryūko then taking a back seat. Ryūko likewise, gets the final showdown with Nui and is able to confront her fathers killer. Both of them achieve their original goal with neither of them having to take a back seat. Even for the final moment, you can do this and still have the moment where Ragyō gives her final warning to Ryūko after Nui has been defeated. It just wraps everything else up even better in my opinion and is such a small change.
>>
>>148840161
>an adult spending time with a little kid means that they're gonna fuck eventually
Kill yourself.
>>
>>148840076
I get that, but I really hate the fact that Nia, Senketsu, and Nova-kun all have this moment when they realize they're not just an anti-spiral/lifefiber/nothingling and have this human epiphany then they still die/get banished to the shadow realm right afterward. It's like "we're not plot devices, we're characters! Time to die like a plot device!"
>>
>>148838017
No nipples
>>
>>148840225
In the OVA it transforms into a giant mech for a short period.
>>
The final fight wasn't as hype as I thought it'd be
>>
>>148838017
It felt like show slowly started falling apart past 3rd ep. I thought it will go completely crazy with boss rush, yet not much happened until 'tournament'.
Senketsu 'leveling up' was irrevelant until very last episode.
Ryuko losing her way, way too often.
Last battle being anticlimatic.
Still enjoyed it.
>>
No real underlying theme. No symbolism. No abstract story-telling. Completely plot driven with a less than spectacular plot. Loads of meaningless fan-service. Shallow characters.

The animation is fun, it's stylistically over-the-top, and the premise is somewhat unique.

It's better than average, but not anything incredible.
>>
>>148840034
>Abenobashi
I feel like I enjoyed that series too much.
>>
>Poor animation.
>1-dimensional characters.
>Terrible plot.
>Generic ending.
>Pretty much a humanized, genderswapped Sonic Adventure 2.
>>
>>148840248
But the entire point of Nui's character is that she's completely subservient to her mother, unlike her "sisters". It doesn't make sense for her to be the final villain instead of Ragyo.
And the lack of closure for Satsuki was the main point the OVA revolved around.
>>
>>148840459
I really liked it too. Sasshi and Arumi are great.
>>
>>148840194
Not really, a dynamic character falling in love with an unchanging character is a staple of love stories. The MC is usually the dynamic one, but it can be the other way around sometimes. It doesn't really have much to do with the MC being good or not, it has more to do with the genre and whether or not you'll include a love story. Needless to say it works with friendship too.

>>148840268
Yeah, I'm honestly not sure why he does that. Honestly it feels like a cheap way to bring about a bittersweet ending. Moreober this is something I feel like I've seen a lot, but only in Chinese cartoons. Rollo does that in Code Geass for instance.
>>
>>148838017
Some of the middle arcs were kinda boring but at least it was better than TTGL.
>>
>>148840420
>No real underlying theme. No symbolism. No abstract story-telling.
Christ how can someone be this fucking dumb?
What do you think they were talking about when they talked about clothes and nudity?
>>
>>148840459
It's one I'm rather ambivalent on. It's a great, fun ride, and I'm not upset with the happy ending that we got. Just a bit disappointed that it didn't follow through with the poignant, tragic ending it was alluding to the whole time.
>>
What was the "message" of the show again? Was it puberty or whatever?
>>
>>148840566
Nevermind that Senketsu wasn't a love interest, neither of those characters were unchanging so I don't understand your point.
>>
>>148840556
>Sasshi and Arumi are great.
They really are.

>>148840645
>Just a bit disappointed that it didn't follow through with the poignant, tragic ending it was alluding to the whole time.
Wasn't the whole journey about how MC tries to prevent tragic ending, despite him not even realizing in begining? Personally, I like that he suceeded, even if it was kinda deus ex machina. Or did I miss how it was hinted he was reincarnation of one of great mystics?
>>
>>148840711
Individuality vs conformism, like every Imaishi work since Daed Leaves.
>>
>>148838017
The fanbase.
>>
>>148840711
Not only perverts get naked.
Money and power corrupts.
Nia VA plays best wife.
>>
Can we all agree that Mako was the worst and most annoying character on the show?
>>
>>148840711
DUDE BOOBIES LMAO
>>
>>148840845
No.
>>
>>148838017
Tried to be hard to be TTGL for girls but wasn't as memorable.
>>
>>148838017

No actual real-world theme underlying the fantastic flash. TTGL, for example, has the theme of the conflict between the old generation and the new. There is nothing so consistently reflected in KLK. Don't tell me about conflict of parents and children. Ragyo is evil because fuck you, there is no relevant commentary here.

Speaking of Ragyo, flat villains whose character mostly consists of power level. The same goes for Nui, of course.

Supporting cast including even Satsuki was sidelined and then outright benched in the endgame.

Fights grew increasingly disappointed as the series progressed.
>>
>>148840791
>Wasn't the whole journey about how MC tries to prevent tragic ending,
Not so much prevent as hide from the truth inside the silly fantasies. He wanted to stay there even more after learning the truth and almost screwed up everything with Arumi trying to hide it from her. His grandmother was the example of what he would become if he never returned to face reality, no matter how painful.
I would have liked the ending perfectly if Sasshi had used the skills he trained for as a Onmyo mystic to set things right. But to have the ancestor show up and do it was a literal deus ex machina.
>>
>>148840892
Mako was literally LOLSORANDOM the anime character.
>>
>>148838017
Botched the second half.
>>
>>148840631
Baby symbolism that any retard can decipher.

>Nudists = freedom
>Clothes = slavery to a regime

Wow, so fucking brilliant. An insanely over-the-top anime is utilizing blatant concept association that even a toddler can figure out. Bravo Trigger.
>>
>>148840914
>for girls
I didn't see anything that tried to target the female demographic in it. It was more like TTGL: Waifu & Fap Edition.
>>
>>148840917
>He wanted to stay there even more after learning the truth and almost screwed up everything with Arumi trying to hide it from her.
I thought at some point he was looking for a world, where her grandpa was ok.

>I would have liked the ending perfectly if Sasshi had used the skills he trained for as a Onmyo mystic to set things right. But to have the ancestor show up and do it was a literal deus ex machina.
I guess, I'd like it more if he did it through training, but the show was crazy enough that I just accepeted how it played out.
>>
>>148840915
>No actual real-world theme underlying the fantastic flash.
Anon, the metaphors ouldn't have been more obvious, especially to someone that has seen at least another Imaishi show.
Clothes and nudity are much more clear to understand that mechas with face vs mechas with no face.
>>
>>148838017
The last quarter of the series.
>>
>>148841002
Every single male in the series was either comic relief or extremely subservient to women. The protagonist was a woman, the deuteragonist was a woman and the main antagonists were both women. The main point of the series was that women should be comfortable in whatever they wear and comfortable in their own bodies.

If TTGL celebrated masculinity then Kill La Kill celebrated femininity, it was an extremely girly show.
>>
>>148840962
You're contradicting the points you made earlier, so you clearly must be more stupid than a toddler.
>>
>>148841067
Metaphors do not make a theme, anon.

Particularly when the show does not follow its own metaphors and in the contrast of clothes and nudity is relegated to comedic support characters who mostly end up jobbing in the endgame.
>>
>>148841137
>The main point of the series was that women should be comfortable in whatever they wear and comfortable in their own bodies.
I already see that in real life.

>>148841137
>If TTGL celebrated masculinity then Kill La Kill celebrated femininity, it was an extremely girly show.
It felt like it was going to turn into a Hentai at times.
>>
>>148838134
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how dare you say that
>>
>>148841211
I actually think you're looking at it on a very very base level, which is strange because it isn't as if Kill La Kill is difficult to understand at all. The whole point of the nudity early on was that Satsuki was strong and comfortable in her own skin and she was supposed to be showing that to Ryuko through their early fights.

Sure, there was a lot of skin shown, but aside from the parts where it was obviously played as a joke most of it was done just to empower Ryuko and Satsuki further. Never mind that those two characters themselves are very stereotpical "strong female characters" appealing to two different demographics of girls.
>>
>>148841206
I don't think you were paying attention.
The point of Kamuis is that they cover the less skin possible, and to activate their true potential you have to "get naked".
And why do you think the Goku uniforms of the Devas covered their entire bodies in the first arc, but they got skimpy to the point of being practically kamuis at the end when they were fighting against COVERS?
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>148841137
>The main point of the series was that women should be comfortable in whatever they wear

That's why the protagonist's ability to not have fuck beaten out of her and progress through the plot depends on wearing one specific item of clothing that forced itself on her, I guess?

>and comfortable in their own bodies.

As long as they have at least 8/10 bodies, of course.

There is simply no any sort of consistent point in KLK.
>>
>>148841206
Saying the show was about clothes and nudity was like saying TTGL was about robots in bigger robots.

That is incorrect, TTGL is about the spiral of progress and KLK is about the red string of fate. Simon constantly drills through new ceilings and grows a person, Ryuko and Senketsu are bound by fate but they get stronger through that bond.
>>
>>148841387
She wants to wear Senketsu, she doesn't want to wear the clothes other people(society) want her to wear (literally they have the antagonist end up being her mom and also have her force Ryuko in to wearing Junketsu so they could get this point about teenage girls across better)

I just don't think /a/ wants to admit Kill La Kill was a show for women. There's really nothing in it that a man can take out of it when it comes to theme, it's a show for teenage girls.
>>
>>148841156
There's a difference between basic concept association that already basically exists in your head and next level symbolism.

You can merely describe the synopsis of Kill La Kill to people, and they'll immediately recognize "Oh yeah, so the nudists obviously like freedom, and the academy with an obsession with clothes is trying to promote conformity".

That barely even constitutes real symbolism. If you can understand the symbolism in the show without even watching it, it's cheap symbolism. Symbolism that requires 0 thought is not even worth mentioning.
>>
>>148841387
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>148838017
The current anime season is so bad we have resorted to discussing old animu and arguing about their flaws...

Then again this is /a/ and even after 13 years there is no conclusion to the EVA discussions.
>>
>>148841387
Because wearing a Kamui = being naked = being yourself
It's all really simple, I'm surprised this many people don't get it.
>>
File: 1412098867076.jpg (236KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1412098867076.jpg
236KB, 1024x768px
kel la kek
>>
>>148841532
Kill La Kill gets talked about constantly, it's not a surprise to see a thread about it. People still waifu the shit out of the girls in this series despite there not being any new content for years.
>>
>>148841578
Waifuism is the only reason people still talk about it.
>>
>>148841519
I guess the Seventh Seal must have shit symbolism as well since anyone can understand what a man playing chess with death means without even watching the movie.
>>
File: 1393707721638.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1393707721638.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>148841562
Wearing a kamui=being naked=letting him in and acting together, not just being by yourself

I'm surprised YOU didn't get it considering they outright say it every other episode.
>>
>>148838017
that weird part when they decided to have Satski run in 3D
>>
>>148841501
"don't let society dictate what you should be" is a pretty universal theme, regardless of the fact that the show had a female perspective.
>>
>>148841686
Sanketsu is a rapresentation of Ryuko's growing identity, and of the morals and upbringing her father gave her to guide her, my point is correct.
>>
>>148838017
Ryuko didn't kiss Satsuki on the cheek
>>
>>148838134
I can hear Sushio coming for you
>>
>>148841879
Shouldn't it be the opposite?
>>
>>148841448
>Saying the show was about clothes and nudity was like saying TTGL was about robots in bigger robots.

Of course. In KLK's case clothes and nudity were just a metaphor that went nowhere. As I said, metaphors do not make a theme.

>That is incorrect, TTGL is about the spiral of progress and KLK is about the red string of fate.

I agree.

The reason I like KLK much less is that, in my opinion, supporting elements of the show in TTGL were, well, coherently supporting the main theme, so it flowed through every significant element of the series. In KLK, not really. Actually the dialogue about the metaphors of individualism and conformity in this thread is an evidence of that because the perceived message of non-conformity just doesn't mesh with the fact that Ryuko has to accepts the red string of fate (and well, use the same god damn power source as every villain, except purified thanks to her father; which is a metaphor for father-arranged marriage, if anything) to gain power.
>>
>>148841879
They are sisters, anon!
>>
>>148841501
>She wants to wear Senketsu, she doesn't want to wear the clothes other people(society) want her to wear

Senketsu is also a piece of clothing other person, specifically her father, wanted her to wear - whether she wanted or not. In fact, she didn't until after some episodes of bonding.

>literally they have the antagonist end up being her mom and also have her force Ryuko in to wearing Junketsu

The real-world metaphor that can be extracted from here, whether creators intended it or not, is that mothers do not have their daughters' best interest in mind (but rather their own) when arranging marriages, unlike fathers, and therefore the latter should be trusted with it.
>>
File: 1399256140330.png (156KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1399256140330.png
156KB, 480x270px
>>148841822
Senketsu is Senketsu, he doesn't have an identity or memories of his own when he first wakes up, and he grows through watching Senketsu. You'll notice that he's a lot more cold and mechanical (complete opposite of the emotional crybaby he is in the later half of the show) in the first few episode and constantly making observations about Ryuko, but he also changes from what he learns from her. A big part of why Ryuko identifies with Senketsu is because neither of them really know themselves but they both find out through each other.
>>
File: Isshin.png (499KB, 420x632px) Image search: [Google]
Isshin.png
499KB, 420x632px
>>148841996
Senketsu has the same function of every robot built by the father of the MC in (good) mecha shows.
It even looks like Mazinger Z and Isshin Matoi is literally Juzo Kabuto, for Christs sake.
It's a shell to protect the child in the real world until he's mature enough to stand up on his own. Which is why at the end the shell has to be abandoned.
Gundam 0079 is exactly the same.
It has nothing to do with the "wedding dress" that Junketsu was.
>>
>>148842222
Ryuko doesn't wear Senketsu because it's her duty or for anyone other than herself, because she likes him.

That metaphor is cracked, because Ryuko doesn't care for either of her parents intentions for her, or the fact that they're just trying to use her, she makes her choices for herself and for Senketsu.
>>
>>148842254
>It's a shell to protect the child in the real world until he's mature enough to stand up on his own.

...at which point it is replaced with a better and more badass shell.

Look, you don't get to decide that a metaphor stops at an arbitrary point where you consider a show no longer good. Mazinger Z is succeeded by Mazinkaizer (also built by protag's father, even) and RX-78 by Nu.
>>
Deepfags basically run /a/ in terms of prevailing opinions. As much as plebs think an anime maintains status here based on genre like yurifags and MANimefags do, deepfags always cast the deciding vote on whether an anime sinks or swims on /a/.

Deepfags are the only people smart enough to articulate real arguments one way or the other.
>>
No Nonon spinoff.
>>
>>148842254
But Senketsu isn't a shell, he's a person, that's something hammered throughout the show, he grows and argues with the MC and at the end of the show says "I'm not any different from Ryuko" right before he dies. Not is destroyed, dies.
>>
>>148842437
I do actually.
I'm perfectly capable of judging when a work stops being significant or changes its focus, for one reason or another.
>>
>>148838017
It's one only flaw was that it was shit
>>
>>148842578
It's both.
And you keep overlapping its function in the narrative to what it rapresents thematically.
>>
>>148842855
Because Senketsu's function in the narrative and what he represents thematically are not different things. KLK is full of homages, but it still has its own story, it's not just a sum of its references. It's like TTGL or Space Patrol in that respect
>>
>>148842623
And that's, like, your opinion. Which appears to be quite baseless.

But let's meet it on your own terms, just for fun, i.e. taking mecha shows until the protag upgrades to a better robot the first time (which cuts nearly all cornerstone mecha stories short, but whatever).

And we will find that in no case "the shell has to be abandoned". Every time the child has the precious inheritance of his father that provided the owner with importance far beyond his natural abilities reduced to nothing in a desperate struggle for something much greater than himself. The inheritance metaphor is painfully obvious in Mazinger itself, if you remember it, because of the resentment between the true and the adopted sons of Juzo Kabuto based in no small part on the issue of, you guess it, what their father had left to each of them. The same is true for Senketsu, of course. However, it should be noted that the parallel with mecha is far from perfect, because all those mecha, unlike Senketsu, are not sentient. They had no character of their own.
>>
>>148843104
Narratively, it's a weapon given to Ryuko from her father that eventually befriends her, help her and grow together with her according to the "clothes and human can be friends" plot point of the story.
Thematically it's a rapresentation of Ryuko's struggle with her identity (shame, loss of control, rejection, etc) as she grows into an adult.
>>
File: nui27.jpg (153KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nui27.jpg
153KB, 500x500px
>>148838017

Best girl died.
>>
File: 54024167_p0.jpg (524KB, 993x1404px) Image search: [Google]
54024167_p0.jpg
524KB, 993x1404px
>>148838017
>>
>>148843173
I think I lost sight of the point you are trying to make.
But regarding Senketsu being sentient, we could even put Evangelion in the mix, the most theorical mecha in the elaboration of the parent/child methapor, that was probably not entirely intentional in some of the classics (it was in 0079, though).
>>
File: 1433118054139.jpg (463KB, 1091x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1433118054139.jpg
463KB, 1091x1080px
>>148843360
Thematically Senketsu represents someone she opens up to because his struggles match hers. The grow together part of the narrative is the important part thematically, Ryuko grows and Senketsu grows and it's always for each other's sake. That's because KLK's actual theme is the bonds between people, both those who are forced together through fate or some higher power, and those who chose to be together.

Senketsu differenitiates from Mazinger or the Eva unit because he's a person, if to no one else he's a person to Ryuko. And whenever they get stronger, it's not an upgrade it's always their relationship that gets stronger.

It's another equally sappy Japanese-ism, but it's a completely different one
>>
>>148838017
Not enough nudity on the girls.
>>
>>148838017
ecchi
>>
>>148844306
But once again you've described its role in the narrative, and not its allegorical significance.
Of course she opens up with it and they grow stronger together, but that only works diegetically, and it's a kind of lecture doesn't hold water when we take in consideration the majority of the elements of the show, from the fact that it was handed to her by her father, to what the clothes rapresent, to the line about growing out of sailor uniforms, etc., all of which suggests another interpretation.
And the to debit to classic mecha shows is clear and deliberate, one can't pretend otherwise.
>>
File: 1395552363125.jpg (399KB, 1280x815px) Image search: [Google]
1395552363125.jpg
399KB, 1280x815px
>>148843489
>>
>>148845157
It does hold water. He was handed to her by her father (by proxy), but that is the hand of fate (Life Fibers) pushing them together, and ultimately both of them choose to be together regardless of fate. Clothes in KLK are represented as the instrument fate uses to control people, but again Senketsu and Ryuko go against this figuratively and literally, because they are both human and clothing. Lastly, Ryuko grows out of her sailor uniform, but she continues to wear Senketsu inside her heart. That's the final scene of the epilogue, but the entire OVA is dedicated to that point. This is because their hearts are tied by the red string of fate (literally), their bond transcends death. It's all always been about the thread of fate, and the fate you make.

Their is absolutely an homage to classic mecha shows (and showa shows in general), but that's all superficial.
>>
File: 600.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
600.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>148843436
Best girl lived to the end of the anime tho
>>
File: 1393148152826.jpg (193KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1393148152826.jpg
193KB, 600x800px
I want to fuck her voice.
>>
>>148847269
Why are you so adamant about this interpretation, exactly?
Looking back at every other Imaishi work, the matter of identity and the exaltation of uniqueness over order and conformity has always been central.
The freaks robots against the mass produced guards of Dead Leaves
The Gaimen with a face against the Anti Spirals with no face
The anarchist angels against the demons obsessed with rules
Ever since Kill la Kill was announced it was clear it was going to be all about this, and then everything about the actual show corroborated it.
But you say that, despite all the time dedicated to the description of a dictatorship that molds people into faceless grunts, and another half dedicated to a plan to erase all differences making humanity getting swallowed by clothes, it was actually about fate and friendship?
>>
>>148838017
Main character's gender was an after thought. If you gender swapped her to male, literally all of her scenes would still make sense. That is proof that she was originally created to be a male, but they switched her to female in the last second for fan service.

>>148838074
This. Kill la Kill is the poor man's TTGL.
>>
File: 1391213382246.png (240KB, 595x598px) Image search: [Google]
1391213382246.png
240KB, 595x598px
>>148847990
Yeah dude, Imaishi likes reusing a lot of motifs and cliches, and referencing his own work, but all of them are all have their own thing going on.

KLK has dictaorships with faceless grunts and clothing eating people but it's all window dressing, at the end of the day it IS just about fate and friendship.
>>
>>148848073
>actual interesting discussion going
>idiot intervenes without reading anything
Annoying to say the least.
>>
>>148848283
If the majority of the series for you is window dressing, I guess there's no point in discussing anymore.
>>
>>148838017
Isn't Ryuko supposed to represent anachro socialism? She's red and black like their flag. Or it could just be a plain Antifa reference.

Also Satsuki is Israel, therefore Ryuko is also Iran.
>>
>>148848418
Think of it like the religious imagery in Eva. There's tons of it, and it looks cool but it's all superficial and not what Eva is about.
>>
>>148848926
She's supposed to rapresent Shadow the edgehog.
>>
>>148848978
Now I'm starting to believe that you're pulling my leg.
>>
>>148847698

Good taste.
>>
>>148838017
It ended.
>>
>>148838017
Ironically the plot loses its way.
>>
>>148838017
>name one flaw
The girls were too perfect
>>
>>148848290
Are you new here kid. Hey genius, /a/ isn't a gay forum where you stay on topic on each thread. Discussions on imageboards are like the wild wild west. If something comes to your mind you say it. I can just imagine you following each topic carefully and worrying about interrupting the current conversation. If that is how /a/ worked you would never get a word in edgewise.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.