[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that I think about it, SAO wasn't that bad after all.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

Now that I think about it, SAO wasn't that bad after all.
>>
I bet your AOTY is Re:Zero

am I wrong?
>>
File: 1462823890907.png (1MB, 1302x973px) Image search: [Google]
1462823890907.png
1MB, 1302x973px
>>148780993
In comparison to what?
>>
The early episodes weren't that bad. They weren't that good either, but they weren't that bad.
>>
>>148780993
You have superior taste, anon
>>
>>148780993
You're right, it isn't TOO bad.
If you read the LNs.
And naturally, because it's just a timeskip, that goes for Accel World too.
>>
>>148780993
I unironically think SAO is the pinnacle of storytelling and by far the best anime I've ever watched in my entire life.
>>
>>148780993
>Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna

Thanks but no thanks.
>>
The author can write, he actually did get better, but it's obvious as all fuck he held back in Alicization when his draft was the right step into Novel quality, but out of his target audience.

Also the anime will always disappoint since the Episode 2 reveal that they never gave a fuck about game mechanics / their survival skills. It would of gone to show how relatable how much of an autist Kirito is, and that Asuna was a good thing to balance him out.

But it was a story with the fillings missing between the slices of bread, good thing is he hit enough notes to flesh it out, and if you were in the target age group, nothing wrong with SAO.
>>
was able to finish the show without ever feeling I was forcing myself gotta agree. Kirito OP moments were kinda cool. nice soundtrack which means a lot even if I dont have a lot to say about it. Pretty colors. Pretty settings even if lacking in depth and originality. OPs and ED sounded pretty good and those mean a lot to me. Most of the anime the harem never gathered so it never felt like a harem anime.
>>
>>148781187
Like that was a bad thing, he went from Isekai web novel tier into a franchise maker. It was enjoyable following him in the beginning, and it never stopped being funny the existence of 16.5 when it was all first being translated.
>>
>>148781252
Reveals your age group, which is fine since you can browse here now. Fact is we all had shows that people would find mundane now but were enjoyable and comfy on cloud nine when we were young. For my bracket it would of been Love Hina.
>>
>>148780993
It's average
There are loads of worse shows every season and /a/ doesn't spam those threads

Literally it gets shit on for being too popular with normalfags
>>
>>148781253
Only good thing that came out of it were the Klein pastas and edits.
>>
>>148780993

Suffers from being incredibly popular. It's alright in most aspects. I hear the LN gets pretty retarded later on but the anime was average, and certainly not so bad that people need to constantly bitch and moan about it.

I think you'll find that anyone who reviles SAO is simply looking for something to hate, and SAO is a big target.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>148780993
Bring back Sachi and I might agree with you.
>>
SAO pisses me off so much because the LNs are seriously not that bad. But just look at what A-1 did, they decided to cut out arguably the best part of Fairy Dance, they cut shitloads of world notes (Which I generally think are the best part), the animation and art is boring and adds nothing to the series, the hardly subtle zoom in on Sinon's ass (We all get that you're pandering, but try to make it less obvious). Yes there are a few plot holes, but that's to be expected from early SAO, and arguably mid-late SAO as well, because this is the first thing Reki has ever written. However, what was good with the writing wasn't present in the animation, and what was bad was even more noticeable.
SAO would have been the best thing since sliced bread in the hands of almost any other studio.
>>
>>148780993
I have the same conclusion after watching re:zero
>>
>>148781461
They got the character designs right at least. I hate to think what KyoAni or Shaft or White Fox would have done with those
>>
>>148780993
In all seriousness, I don't see why people utterly despise sao. It's just a fantasy harem. Why is that a bad thing? It's not like it's trying to be something else and and failing. It's trying to make a show edgy kids can get into and they did. There's nothing wrong with that.
Fuck, if you want something recent to make fun of, chaos dragon was hot garbage.
>>
>>148781297
No, fuck you we're supposed to be cynical not reasonable

FUCK OFF NORMIES GARY STU SHOW GATEWAY ANIME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>148781461

None of that is a real drag on A-1's adaptation and speaks nothing at all for the LN as being superior. Cutting out one part of an arc that came later and nixing some of the nerdly details isn't a bad thing, especially if the author gets too wordy with the latter. World building notes are fine, but they're not necessary. You can show them in the visual medium rather than just put in dragging exposition.

Art was fine. I don't know why that's a complaint, though Shion's ass thing is undeniable.
>>
>>148781461

I felt like the plot in most of the arcs just listed from point to point, especially the first one. They seemed to cut huge chunks out of the story and left the context up to the audience's imagination. If SAO had stayed and expanded upon the first world instead of effectively rebooting every time they swapped games it would've been far more interesting.

Half the appeal of isekai is the new world you get to see and explore but it was just background noise to Kirito's teenage angst and later on, his and Asuna's playing house. I could write another several paragraphs on the whole "family" filled shit but I'll summarise in a few words: dumbest shit, ever.
>>
>>148781536

SAO's problem is that it was over after the first arc. It was a self contained story about being trapped in a video game with some philosophical explorations of "society" as it relates to most online gaming cultures and it had serious consequences (death) for anybody who fucked up. That was compelling, even with the "filler" episodes that did nothing but grow Kirito's harem. Kirito and Asuna's relationship felt genuine and unique relative to other piss poor attempts at romance, though I'll not give them much of a pass with Yui.

After that, the author tries desperately to make something work when the original story was over. That's why he went back to the well with Gun Gale; he knew the only thing that made SAO interesting was the impending doom.

Death was also the feature of Mother's Rosario and he Alicization arcs, at least for Kazuto. So he knows what works now.
>>
File: 1476853493497.jpg (85KB, 569x542px) Image search: [Google]
1476853493497.jpg
85KB, 569x542px
>>148780993
>>
The begin of the second season and the third arc was actually really good !
>>
Why can't somebody just animate Alternative? While Alicization is fun, and volume 14 was great, LLENN is probably the coolest character in the entire series. Not to mention her asspulls actually make sense.
>>
>>148781187
>Fate have more cringe things in the VN related to sex
>No one shitpost about it like with SAO
>>
>>148780993
it wasn't bad, it was wasted potential.
>>
>>148782559
Nasu's marine biologist fantasies are too surreal and funny.
>>
>>148780993
Congratulations, you have become dumber with age.
>>
>>148780993
You must be delusional
>link to all the hate videos goes here
>>
>>148780993
cousin best girl
>>
>>148781297
Nope, that's just memory of it and good feelings fading off with age, that can't be restored with a rewatch, since the show would have aged, you are less able to put it in context and you already know all the twists.
If anything, the more stuff you watch, the less you are able to discern good stuff and why it becomes popular to start with.
>>
>>148781461
>plot holes

like?
>>
>>148782559
because the VN translation is not even right same shit with Urobutcher sex scene in saya uta
>>
>>148781222
>But it was a story with the fillings missing between the slices of bread
That is precisely why Progressive needs to be animated. Having a whole season to itself means it won't need to rush the pacing to lightspeed and retreading existing episodes wouldn't be all that wrong here.
>>
>>148783125
>the more stuff you watch, the less you are able to discern good stuff
No, the more you watch, the easier it becomes to pick the gems. If I have never watched color TV in my life and then I watch a show with colors, I'll blow my mind, even if it is some dumb reality show.

also if the show becomes shit just because you know the twists the writing is shit. good writing should stand on its own, I've enjoyed mystery novels, even when the culprit has been spoiled for me, because the writing is good
>>
>>148780993
It has to be bad, my splurge friend likes it and anything he likes I know to stay away from.

He's the kinda guy to fast forward past lewd scenes lel
>>
File: ulxWM.jpg (16KB, 274x387px) Image search: [Google]
ulxWM.jpg
16KB, 274x387px
>>148780993
Check in to your nearest hospital kudasai
>>
>>148780993
If you mean the abridge series then you're right. If not you have a shitty taste.
>>
>>148780993
You should go to the clinic, you're having a stroke.
>>
cringeworthy melodrama, shitty art, mostly garbage characters, gary stu self insert MC who is a really great guy but can be a badass!! when the chips are down

literal trash, it was too shitty for me to complete even when i had barely seen any anime

kill yourself
>>
>>148781137
Newfag confirmed.
>>
>>148782445
Forget Alternative, adapt Progressive.
>>
File: Farnese Doubtful.png (92KB, 487x251px) Image search: [Google]
Farnese Doubtful.png
92KB, 487x251px
>>148780993
Not enough meme value beyond the Show in itself.
>>
>>148780993
Yup, same with Naruto. /a/ always hates things exaggerately, they're both 6 or 7/10 in my book.
>>
>>148780993
Congrats on not being a whiny bitch.
>>
File: tumblr_o9e9lcysUb1sa8fifo1_500.png (565KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9e9lcysUb1sa8fifo1_500.png
565KB, 500x714px
>>148781495
Did they? Kirito is supposed to be feminine, but he just looks like a generic harem protagonist in the anime.
>>
>local bookstore puts Progressive 4 on the shelves a week early

Thanks again, Chapters.
>>
>>148781495
>Working Art Online

It got better over time, but man, that initial anime artwork.
>>
>>148781027
re:zero
>>
>>148781137
>Pinnacle of storytelling, can't tell if being unironic.
>Best anime I've ever watched in my life, why rubbing in that anime is shit?
>>
File: Whale of a time.jpg (21KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Whale of a time.jpg
21KB, 480x270px
>>148781137
>unironically
>pinnacle of storytelling
>>
>>148781429
Oh people are bitching and moaning about SAO, if only the autistic fanbase/baiters would stop putting up weekly threads about an average show.

Well at least I get enjoyment from watching people have autist fights.
>>
>>148781439
Kirito shouldn't have had that small self blame arc due to her death, it was the stupid NPC's fault.
>>
>>148792824
>it was the stupid NPC's fault.
>NPC

Rude.
>>
>>148792885
Just you wait Gary, you, me, 2022, on the menacing Sheeptaur boss raid, you are going down.
>>
>>148793331
Do you think FDVR will be available on schedule then?
>>
>>148789326
>hating on based Johnsama
>actually liking Bunbun shit
Imagine SAO with Yuuki Yuuna's art style. That's what you would've had. A-1 saved us from that.
>>
Sugu should have won.
>>
I watched it for the MMO elements.
The romance was fucking shit.
>>
File: dessugun.gif (2MB, 444x249px) Image search: [Google]
dessugun.gif
2MB, 444x249px
I thought it was enjoyable overall. The pacing was weird at points, but the mortality factor was enough to keep me interested initially (some of the deaths throughout were quite shocking/unexpected/downright satisfying), and the progression of time was well implemented imo.

Adopted child sucked.
Romance sucked.
Log cabin sucked.
Gary stu syndrome sucked.

Klein, Heathcliff, Agil, Kuradeel and the Laughing Coffin were the highlights.

I love how certain story elements carried over.
Dis guy tho
Dat final fight
>>
>>148796368
Most of the time it seemed the MMO elements were gimmicks, especially early on, when it had more in common with a fantasy setting than a game. Especially when they tried to introduce fantasy racism. Game mechanics which should have been easily ignored by players, just by talking to each other outside the game, became this huge obstacle.
>>
>>148797614
Because they never gave them more depth in favour of a generic, cheesy roamnce. So much wasted potential.
>>
SOA had kickass music, gotta admit that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z97Y_AQzWQ
>>
File: Hai Yai Forces.jpg (213KB, 1200x859px) Image search: [Google]
Hai Yai Forces.jpg
213KB, 1200x859px
>>148797831
I'd say that too but now I'm addicted to Susuma Hirasawa
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.