[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All things considered, this is the only significant anime released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 8

File: 80356.jpg (58KB, 225x316px) Image search: [Google]
80356.jpg
58KB, 225x316px
All things considered, this is the only significant anime released in 2016.
What a shit year.
>>
That's strange way to say "I haven't watched Flip Flapers yet"
>>
What is Re:Zero?
>>
>>148745988
good example of atrocious writing and least believable characters in the history of media
>>
>>148745905
without the flashy visuals, with a motre conventional animation, mob would not have so much attention.
>>
Your Name, A Silent Voice and Shelter are the big three.
>>
>>148746095
more*
>>
What an ugly show
Fuck off
>>
>>148745988
This. Even if you don't like it, it is "significant".

Also, Love Live franchise again.
>>
>>148746095
it being funny is more important factor
most animes do not have same comedic appeal
>>
>>148746185
>animes
Lurk for 7 years before posting
>>
>>148746095
>without the things that define animation as a medium, this anime would not have so much attention
Wew
And ONE's stuff was already beloved in manga form so it isn't even true.
>>
>>148745963
Flip Flapper is utterly mediocre.
>>
>>148746286
Name your top 3 anime from this season
>>
>>148746215
It being funny is most important factor. Most posts do not have same comedic appeal.
>>
>>148746215
>Lurk for x years before posting
Lurk for 3 years before posting
>>
>>148746334
>ESL scum
>shit taste
It's like poetry
>>
>>148746304
I wouldn't rate anything airing this season above a 6-6.5/10, and that includes stuff like Natsume, 3gatsu and Yuri on Ice.
Flippers is even below that.
>>
>>148746095
>if this anime adaptation hadn't been so good it wouldn't have received so much attention

what a painfully asinine and pointless argument to make
>>
>>148746185
what? humor is subjective, but I did not see anything special in the comedy, really. I chuckled few times.
>>148746240
I'm not saying the work is bad, but that 90% of praise for the anime are due more to the visual creativity than the story. with a more common treatment, it would be just another in the crowd. any anime would be interesting with that animation.
>>
>>148746396
>if the style of the anime adaptation hadn't been so cool it wouldn't have received so much attention
same with the beginning of kabaneri
>>
>>148746426
Again, people are willing to put up with ONE's awful drawings to read his stories.
The strength of Mob isn't only in the visuals.
>>
>>148746426
ONE's humour simply has wide appeal.
>>
How the heck is Mob even remotely significant?
There haven't been and likely won't be any good TV shows this year. Some big movies though.
>>
>>148746555
Wow, it's almost like you didn't actually watch the show or something.
>>
>>148746575
I watched the show. I liked it. I wouldn't call it significant.
>>
>>148746555
Chances are Shinkai's and Yamada's last flicks won't be nearly as good as Mob or even as Rakugo, despite the money they made.
>>
>>148746575
I watched it though.

>>148746625
Shinkai is significant based on success alone, and Yamada / Katabuchi seem promising. Why do you rate Mob or Rakugo? I wouldn't call either of them good.
>>
What makes an anime significant?
>>
>>148746760
Cultural / historical or aesthetic achievement. Significant anime include Horus, Prince of the Sun and Mobile Suit Gundam. Insignificant anime include Mob Psycho 100.
>>
>>148746671
I would call Rakugo decent and Mob really good.
I forgot about Katabuchi, that could be promising. But Yamada? No.
>>
>>148746833
Not that guy but fuck, that means we only ever get significant anime every 10-20 years.
>>
>>148746843
I think she's one of, if not the best director right now. Why do you doubt it? And what makes Mob really good?
>>
>>148746900
Can you think of a better definition?
And I wouldn't say that, there are a ton of significant works if you're willing to look back a bit. 70s and 80s are loaded. And just because something's insignificant doesn't mean it's bad. I'm sure things from this decade will reveal themselves as important as time passes as well.
>>
>>148745905
>this is what /v/ actually believes
>>
>>148746452
And see where that took kabaneri when it failed to deliver: who the hell cares about it now? that argument is still dumb.
>>
>>148746903
Her work is overrated and she's adapting terrible source material. In a rather faithful way it seems. I don't think I'll even bother watching it.
>>
>>148745905
>If I don't like it, it doesn't count!

This probably doesn't even brush top 10 of the most impactful anime this year.
>>
>>148746833
cultural/historical achievement would put them at odds with all the media produced globally
Where do those shows compare against Lion king or Frozen in "cultural impact"?
>>
>>148746391
>>Yuri on Ice
Shallow piece of shit
>>
>>148746095
Without wheels a bike wouldn't really work. What's your point?
>>
>>148746391
>Natsume
What a meme
>>
>>148747019
Vast majority of people consider the K-On! adaptation to be brilliant. If you're gonna throw around "overrated" I think you need to back it up a bit more. Are you one of those folks who demands that adaptations rigidly stick to the source material?

>>148747045
I was thinking more within the development of anime itself, though I think there are plenty of works which do hold their own in the context of world cinema.
>>
>>148747042
what's the top ten, anon?
>>
>>148746095
>"if you take away an aspect of this show, it will be less significant"
Good job anon, did you come up with that one all by yourself?
>>
>>148746215
>Lurk for 7 years before posting

I lurked for an hour max, before posting and that was 8 years ago.

I still don't know what the fuck I'm talking about nor do I watch more than 2 Anime per season.
>>
>>148745905
Re:Zero and Your Name is way more significant regardless of content.
>>
>>148746175
>This. Even if you don't like it, it is "significant".
Oh please, no one is going to be talking about Re:Zero in a year.
>>
>>148747042
b8
>>
>>148747138
>Re:Zero
What? Mob had paint on glass animation making it more historically and formally significant.
>>
>>148747109
No, I actually hoped they would rewrite a big chunk of the story for the movie. But they trailers show that is not the case.
K-on is an entirely different matter since it's an extremely loose adaption.
>>
File: Josuke_PV2.png (2MB, 1049x1374px) Image search: [Google]
Josuke_PV2.png
2MB, 1049x1374px
Huh? What about Diamond iS unbreakable?
>>
>>148747236
Have you read the feedback from those who have seen it? Much of what people disliked about the manga has been cut. It seems more thematically centred and has a more focused narrative. No more dicking around with filmmaking, and so on.
>>
>>148747109
>development of anime itself
I certainly hope theres more anime shows with same style of humour. Technically everyones trying to copy pixart cgi but with 1/1000th of a budget.
>>
ITT: retards getting baited by a faggot shilling a mediocre anime.
>>
>>148747138
in what way is re:zero more "significant" or "significant" at all? Seems like you're just using the term as a synonym for "popular".
>>
>>148747289
It's a disgrace to the manga
>>
>>148747297
What, you mean more like Mob's style of humour? I don't think it's that unusual. What do you mean people are trying to copy Pixar?
>>
File: I'm sakamoto.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I'm sakamoto.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>148745905
Haven't you heard?
>>
>>148747289
The adaptation is godlike but DP already proved that they could do the franchise justice a long time.
>>
>>148747433
ago*
>>
>>148747122
Top ten more significant 2016 shows than Mob Psycho?
Well, "significance" objectively should be gauged as popularity. Your or my opinion don't matter in the scheme of what's "significant", just the fan-following that show cultivated.
Following that:
Re:Zero squashed it; OPM squashed it, and Mob will likely be regarded as it's secondary; Hibike is in the process of squashing it; Berserk had a lot more buzz, for name-value alone; Boku no Hero Academia garnered more popularity; the continuation of Love Live did, too; Shokugeki no Souma is very arguable in this vein.
Then you have a slew of shows that weren't hugely significant, but were more saturated than Mob in general: New Game, Dagashi, Fate/Kaleid.
That's 10 shows that all hit greater highs than Mob. And not because they were particularly massive, just because Mob particularly wasn't.
>>
>>148747229
Animation means nothing. Story is standard shounen staff.
>>
>>148747497
>Well, "significance" objectively should be gauged as popularity
Stopped reading there
>>
It is more useful to think of which TV series will actually still be coming up in conversations and being recommended to people in 10 years. Mob will probably be well remembered for combining its technical achievement with the charm of One's writing, if not actually seen as essential. Rakugo is the kind of thoughtful and slightly mellow drama that goes down as a quiet unhyped classic just for being well done (also the rare case of an actual improvement on the manga) especially if the second cour and ending hold up.
>>
>>148747295
Just removing the movie subplot fixes nothing.
The entire second half of the manga is fundamentally wrong and needed a complete rewrite.
>>
>>148747558
>thinking your opinions mean jack

There's your problem.
>>
>>148747536
You know the medium is called animation and not story right?
>>
>>148747572
Could you explain why you think it's fundamentally wrong?
>>
>>148747497
>significant = popular
Idiot.
>>
What were the last 3 significant anime?
>>
>>148745905
>what is 91 days
>>
>>148747631
See >>148747592
You don't mean shit. Mass consensus does. You'll die and nobody will give two fucks about what you thought. Memes will prevail.
>>
>>148747592
Popularity only exists as a legitimate factor if the work in question is just as talked about after 25-30 years.
>>
>>148747592
>>148747700
The idea that popularity equates to significance is your opinion.
>>
>>148747642
Significance is tough to gauge for things that are very recent, but my guess would be Wind Rises, Kaguya-hime and K-On!
>>
>>148745905
Most significant lol. Even New Game was better last season. There hasn't been any unique or ground breaking TV series this year.
>>
>>148747674
I liked 91 days, but that ending was so weak
>>
>>148747732
New Game
>Lets make K-on inspired moe anime #500!
>Wow so original idea.
>>
>>148747724
No, it's not. Unless something actually changes the way the medium is represented, it's not truly significant.
Mob won't change shit.
Re: Zero won't change shit.
Very, VERY few shows have actually changed shit.
Therefore we default to the back-up – the next best thing: how popular it becomes and the effects it has on a widespread fan-base.
Mob wasn't particularly saturated.
>>
>>148747642
We won't be able to tell until 1-3 years from now when the series they influenced the greenlighting or creation of are released. People forget that making an anime takes a year or two and it takes time for all the clones and inspired series to come out.
>>
File: 1417371659678.gif (424KB, 248x300px) Image search: [Google]
1417371659678.gif
424KB, 248x300px
>Everyone forgets about Rakugo.
I hate this.
>>
>>148746426
>without the main thing that made it good it wouldn't have been as good

great post anon, jesus christ
>>
>>148747595
You need both. I am more impressed with Flip Flappers in terms of visual direction.
>>
>>148747726
>>148747803
I agree, so what about stuff from the 2000s or even late 90s?
>>
>>148747816
You do not need story. In theory story is just an optional factor and the general emphasis on story exists for commercial obligation.
>>
>>148747497
I actually agree with this.
People can argue what is and isn't significant, but what's also significant is how talked about a show is. That's impact, too.
All those shows were just as or more talked about.
Mob wasn't significant in any fucking way. It was just a moderately popular show from a somewhat weak season.
>>
>>148747808
>Drama, Historical, Josei
gee.
>>
>>148747605
It's fundamentally wrong because the focus switches to a bunch of poorly written, neurotic side characters that add nothing to the narrative or the themes of the work, and actually undermine the main character and his development.
The manga completely lost its focus and went into a absurd direction, and masterpieces of writing such as the scene with Ueno in the parking lot still found their way in the movie. Unforgivable.
>>
>>148747726
Wind Rises and Kaguya won't influence anything. Infinite Stratos was more significant than those.
>>
>>148747898
Yeah I don't get what OP means by significant. Re:Zero might be mediocre but it has enough fanboys to praise it's worth for next 5-10 years.
>>
>>148747808
It was mentioned several times already, you stupid tripfag.
>>
>>148747061
>>148747125
>Without wheels a bike wouldn't really work.What's your point?
without the gull-wing door, delorean would be just another car. still functional, still valid, but not nearly as memorable. get it now?
>>
>>148748064
you're saying that like it proves some point, I just pointed out how inane your point was, idiot
>>
>>148746671
Why wouldn't you call Mob good?
>>
>>148747997
Those who've seen it have said it's been refocused around the main two. While that friend group remains, I think it's not a fundamentally bad thing. It's a story of redemption, and what it takes for one to achieve it. One of the most poignant moments of the manga was Shouya's question of whether it's "okay" for him to be happy, or to have fun. I think outside characters are necessary to some extent.

>>148748066
They're the swan songs of the two greatest minds in anime. Influence be damned, in a hundred years cultural historians will see those as the artistic height of the decade. Something can be very popular and yet considered insignificant. One could make an argument for Love Live, for example, but I prefer to approach this thing from a more high brow perspective.
>>
>>148747497
No, top ten most impactful shows of the year 2016, anon. That's what you brought up that's what I asked you to list.

>Well, "significance" objectively should be gauged as popularity. Your or my opinion don't matter in the scheme of what's "significant", just the fan-following that show cultivated.
So you're basically just equating significance or impact with popularity, then. If you make no distinction between those terms, Why not just use popularity?

In any case, OPM is from 2015 and I'm not quite sure what you mean by "more saturated" (though it's true that Fate/Kaleid was one of the most anticipated shows in Japan) nor how Dagashi or New Game qualify (is it because they sold more BDs? then the difference is hardly significant enough to be worthy of note).
>>
>>148748154
a lot of people hated the first episodes, but continued watching because the animation was interesting. if the technique was the used in common productions, like nanatsu or boku no hero, the drop would have been definitive.
>>
>>148748177
The writing's rather weak and I don't think it can balance the comedy alongside the underlying coming of age story as well as it'd like. Production values are of course impressive, but I found certain aspects of it immature. Take the oil paintings, for example. It felt more like they hired the artist and had her (it was a woman, right?) meet a quota of paintings per episode rather than apply it in a meaningful way. Many people like sakuga for its own sake, and that's fine, but I personally don't buy into that ideal.
>>
>>148748303
I dont deny that the visuals are one of the largest draws for that series, but its not like thats an irrelevant aspect. Its animation and you're critiquing it for taking full advantage of its art form. That being said I think that the story and writing holds its own against anything else this year. To that point, you say that a lot of people hated the first episodes but continued watching because of the animation, implying that they liked the later episodes. That just proves that the story itself isn't worthless. But regardless, you're retarded
>>
>>148748512
but I never said that the story was shit, I said without much visual creativity it would never be so recognized. because, in my view, the writing is only average in those early arcs. I honestly could not see anything so unique and special, really.
>>
>>148748661
*see first reply*
>>
>>148748503
How is the writing weak? And why would the comedy interfer with the story?
>>
>>148748264
>So you're basically just equating significance or impact with popularity, then. If you make no distinction between those terms, Why not just use popularity?

I pretty much was. Unless the show is actually significant in changing the medium's conventions (which Mob wasn't), it may as well just be boiled down to popularity.

>In any case, OPM is from 2015
My bad.

By saturated I meant how intensely they were discussed/their overall popularity.
Look at it from this angle: Stanley Parable and Overwatch.
Stanley Parable is pretty unique in it's storytelling, Overwatch isn't really unique in any way, apart from a soundly nailed premise.
Which will be looked back on as more significant?
The game that was lauded by a couple thousand neckbeards?
Or the game played by a couple million from every demographic.
The latter – because nobody cares enough about the first.
>>
>>148748249
>It's a story of redemption, and what it takes for one to achieve it
Of course, but the side character have little relevance in that. They're just a bunch of awful human being with no character arc of their own despite all the time dedicated to them. And the MC put up with their shit and call them friends for no real reason despite them not showing any sign of redemption.
And I can't insist enough on own bad the parking lot and suicide scenes are and how they are in the movie.
>>
Mob was the cult anime of the year. And that's it. Largely because of the animation.
>>
>>148748823
>By saturated I meant how intensely they were discussed/their overall popularity.
What are you basing this on? the traffic on /a/ alone? If so did you compare those series' average number of IPs per thread and posts and frequency of threads to come to that conclusion? Even so, that's not much to determine that these shows were more "impactful" beyond this board.
>>
>>148748902
Why do you feel that those scenes are bad?

>>148748744
I guess I felt that it belittles the moments where things "get real" - I had a hard time empathizing at times when I know they'll just show a funny face and move on.
>>
>>148749013

And the character development, great characters, amazing video direction and ost. The show was amazing.
>>
>>148749147
Not /a/ alone, but I would feel comfortable saying all those shows received a greater abundance of feedback from here. But a few other places, too, and a read of how widely the show was received by them.
I mean, sure, it could all be penned off as anecdotal. By some act of anime Jesus, Mob's discussion may have boomed on every site I frequent the instant I switched off the PC. I'm just speaking from my experience, and my experiences tell me Mob wasn't really that big.
>>
>>148749159
Do I really have to explain? He happens to run in her while she's killing herself, jumps with her to save her life and ends up in a coma. And the two bullies that were gone for 7 volumes just happen to see all and save them from drowing, in the laziest redemption I've ever seen.
Just tipying it out makes me roll my eyes, it's like is from a cheap soap opera.
>>
>>148749206
>And the character development
It wasn't that impressive. Really. People talk as if it was Siddhartha becoming Buddha.
>great characters
Reigen is the best one, quite charismatic, Mob is cute. The rest is not bad, but far from memorable. Since the MC is too OP and still avoid fights, the other characters have no way to really shine.
>amazing video direction and ost.
The technical part is the best part of the show.

Overall, the anime is ok. 7.5 or 8/10.
>>
>>148749206
>And the character development
I see a better character development in Haikyuu!! than in Mob.
>>
>>148749655
Dimple is great. All the side characters stand out in one way or the other, even irrelevant ones like the body improvement club.
And just because Mob is the strongest it doesn't mean he gets all the attention. Ritsu was just as important in the narrative and had MUCH more development.
>>
>>148749267
Just to be clear, I'm not disagreeing with the notion that Mob was nowhere near as popular as say, something like Re:Zero from the same year: it indeed wasn't that big, even though it was certainly appreciated.
But I'm really iffy about your New Game/Dagashi Kashi comparison when whether it's sales wise or discussion wise (whether it's /a/ or reddit or ANN or even MAL), the differences are either barely noticeable or actually leaning towards Mob being the more popular out of them all (just comparing the number of comments and users watching those shows).
>>
>>148749793
Haikyuu!! is 50+ episodes and counting, plus it's hardly an unflattering comparison when the character development in HQ!! is in fact pretty damn good.
>>
>>148749491
I can see that. Perhaps it just doesn't bother me as much, or I can forgive it because the overall event of the suicide is one I like and think fits in with the narrative. When you explain it like that though it's easy to see why it'd be off putting. I still think it'll be a good movie, though.
>>
>>148749839
The best character developoment are those gradual and constant, full of conflicts. This did not happen with any character in Mob. They were one way, then they suffer something flashy and change. Ritsu, Dimple, Hanazawa, it was like that with them all.
>>
>>148750572
Hanazawa is the only one that changes like that.
Dimple didn't really change.
The development of Ritsu is constant through all the series, so I don't know what you mean.
>>
>>148751007
>The development of Ritsu is constant through all the series
He was an ambitious guy, after almost get fucked, he stopped being. This is very cliche, actually.
>>
>>148751208
Ambitious? I don't think you understood the character at all.
>>
>>148751287
If you're just gonna say "you don't understand" without elaborating you way as well not post.
>>
>>148751208
>Ambitious

He spent years both loving, fearing, and envying his brother. When he finally got powers it went to his head and he acted out for a while. Hes a nice guy and was basically just going through a rebellious phase. That's all it was.
>>
>>148751375
>>148751432
>>
>It's good because of the animation

It's only well animated during the fight scenes and they are all incredibly cliche DBZ/shounen fights, only difference is a higher budget.
Guess overly flashy generic action is enough to satisfy its pleb fanbase.
>>
>>148752310
>>It's good because of the animation
But we already estabilished that the writing and art direction are great too.
>>
>>148752310
>higher budget
Stopped reading there
>>
>>148752636
When was that established and by whom?
>>
>>148752921
>higher budget

Yes dipshit, I believe the fight scenes in Mob Psycho had a higher budget than the fights in shit like BnHA or DBS
>>
>>148753202
I believe you are retarded for believing so.
>>
>>148753540
Yeah Mob just magically looks way better than almost any action show this year
>>
>>148753202
You've got absolutely no basis to defend that belief, though.

However, what is a known fact is that tons of talented and reknown animators were actually working on this project.
>>
>>148747378

fight me
>>
>>148753540
>>148754792
Do you retards actually believe that action scenes that are barely animated and the overly animated action scenes in Mob had the same amount of money going into them?
>>
>>148747157
>t. mob 0 interest
>>
>>148747994
Josei is the patrician demographic label.
>>
>>148748108
And if my cock wouldn't be 10 inches long I wouldn't be able to satisfy your slut of a mother.
>>
>>148745905
AOTY is Sakamoto.
>>
>>148755203
Talent and scedule are way more important than money.
>>
>>148747791
>if I can misrepresent the idea, clearly it's a shit show!
>>
>>148760264
He's right, New Game is just your average moeblob shit, nothing about it stands out.
>>
>>148760566
Being moe slice of life doesn't mean it has anything to do with K-on and doesn't mean it wasn't the best show of the season.
>>
>>148760628
Moe slice of life is ontologically an inferior genre without value so it couldn't possibly be the best anime of the season.
>>
>>148760895
Just goes to show how shit the rest of the season was, then.
>>
>>148755203
>I have no idea what I'm talking about but imma keep spouting bullshit I can't support nor defend anyway

sasuga shitposter-kun
>>
>>148760895
Don't be gay
>>
File: 1476063369391.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476063369391.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>shit taste faggots actually watching horseshit like Re:Zero and Mob last season
>have nothing left to do but shitpost because they don't watch actual anime
Pottery.
>>
>>148761404
Everything is horseshit these days, it's inevitable.
>>
>>148761484
Thank you Mr. Sturgeon, but at least we could be discussing current horseshit, instead of clinging to the past.
>>
>>148761404
>moeshitters are so buttblasted about the industry slowly becoming nothing but fujoshi oriented that they have to cling onto garbage like New Game and shitpost to pretend they're still relevant
Really makes you think.
>>
>>148761576
>moeshit
You should think about going back to /v/.
>>
>>148761158
Yeah money doesn't matter!
Every action show can look as good as MP, other studios this year just chose to make their action scenes cheap and shitty as a stylistic choice.
>>
>>148761784
Poor retard boy
Get well soon
>>
>>148760244
>Talent and scedule are way more important than money.
Both of those require money so your point is?
>>
>>148752971
He said it was great. He can't defend the claim, but he said we already confirmed it which means he is right
>>
>diamond is not crash
>>
>>148745905
I enjoyed this year a lot, same as every year before since I've started watching. Sucks to be you.
>>
>>148761868
No they don't
>>
>>148761830
>I'm too retarded to realize that products that have much higher quality require more money.

Let me guess, you think OVAs and tv shows have the same budget too? I bet you think shorts do too.
>>
>>148745905
>Comedy anime
>Had no laugh
How can this be relevant?
>>
>>148762022
Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
>>
File: 1444429242896.png (94KB, 523x317px) Image search: [Google]
1444429242896.png
94KB, 523x317px
>>148761784
>>
>>148762029
Yes they do
>>
>>148762057
It's ok Anon, maybe someone will be nice enough to clue you in
>>
>>148762502
Whatever you say MP drone.
Sure proved me wrong with your nonexistent argument.
>>
>>148762502
Type in "budget" in desuarchive and you'll notice a pattern. When a show is well made they'll say it has a high/good budget. When the show looks like shit they'll say it has low/bad/no budget.

The only dipshit that thinks budget can't be used to talk about a shows quality is you.
>>
>>148746426
>without the great visuals, this visual art would be bad
fucking break yourself
>>
>>148765324
Writing is more important than visuals.
>>
>>148745905
The cozy school parts were the best.

Whenever the show tried to grow a moral it fell flat on its face.

The final three episodes were awful.
>>
>>148762029
>Talent doesn't require money

Okay time to start my own anime company with a staff of only the most talented creators who'll work for free and pump out the best works.
>>
>>148765363
even if we were to assume that's true, what's your point?
>>
>>148747497
You get close, but you're ten years too early.

Significant is how long it will last in the memory of those who watched it and how well discussed it will be in an undeterminate amount of time after it finished airing.

So re:zero might have been more significant than mob psycho while they were airing, but as it stands neither looks like it will be turning heads even half a year after finishing.

In reality we should make this thread a year from now and see how it turned out, but nobody has that patience so shitposting is a satisfactory substitute.

Personally I don't think any show this year will be considered significant in the future. It all returns to nothing.
>>
>>148747422
I loved the manga.
The anime wasn't good. Dropped it after 2 episodes.
>>
>>148747289
garbage
>>
>>148761404
>mob
>horse shit
>is winning awards
what are your favorite 2016 anime senpai?
curious as to what your good taste prefers
>>
File: logic.png (255KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
logic.png
255KB, 640x360px
>>148746095
>if my key was a dog, it wouldn't open the door

nice logic anon
>>
Sorry, Keijo is more significant because I can fap to it.
>>
>>148766461
What awards is Mob winning?
>>
>walmart OPM that flopped
>significant

tumblr pls
>>
>>148767302
being shit
>>
>>148767431
gottem
>>
>>148767431
Ohhhh fuuuck
>>
>>148767333
>Mob
>flop
Nice meme
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.