[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 7

File: UtsuroNoHako_vol1.jpg (297KB, 1050x1500px) Image search: [Google]
UtsuroNoHako_vol1.jpg
297KB, 1050x1500px
Why the fuck is this light novel so perfect?
>>
>>148704660

この小説は日本語で読まないとよく分からないと思うけど
>>
>>148704660
>time travel bs
Yeah, no.
>>
Because it isnt and you are a faggot.
And I read it because of this board, its fucking shit fuck you.
>>
>boxes that can do anything
>still turn half of them into some sort of time loop
>waste two volumes on danganronpa-esque game loop box

Wasted potential
>>
>>148704768
>Time travel

Nice bait
>>
>>148704862
>still turn half of them into some sort of time loop
Try actually reading it, idiot.
>>
It's not actually that good. It's good, but it's not the best thing ever.
Compared to most LNs though it's a masterpiece, the average is just so fucking low.
It's like a swamp of "I got fucked in the butt by my own book about being fucked in the butt by my own book", "Handsome were-Unicorn with big pecs", "My vampire affair" and related garbage and then something decent turns up in that swamp.
>>
It's a high quality LN and one of the best stories Japan has to offer.

Wish we'd see characters like this more often.
>>
>>148704905
Rather than repeatedly mindlessly claim things are garbage or not that good or whatever, why don't you put your mind to the test and offer a legitimate critique?
>>
File: Utsuro_no_Hako_vol1_pic1.jpg (98KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
Utsuro_no_Hako_vol1_pic1.jpg
98KB, 800x585px
On a board where idiots praise something like Endless 8 as a good anime, Hakomaria is a gold nugget.
>>
>>148704922
I said it was good, floating in a sea of LN garbage that makes it seem better than it is.
>>
>>148704905
>Compared to most LNs though it's a masterpiece
I hate when EOPs pretend they know anything about the "average" in LNs. Maria is your typical melodramatic time-travel schlock with amateur, overwrought prose. Read something actually good like Kino no Tabi or Owari no Chronicle.
>>
>>148704887

Volume 1: time loop
Volume 3+4: pretty much a time loop, even if not technically
Volume 7: Another loop
>>
A shame it will never get adapted, it could have been a fun ride
>>
>time loops everywhere
>everyone has some love drama
>shit prose
>chuuni as fuck

It's decent but not the best, even in its medium.
>>
>>148704998
I hate when retarded weebs pretend they know anything about the "average" in LNs.

They are all shit.
>>
>>148704910
Kill yourself
>>
It's too edgy. Also it went to shit in the arcade machine arc.
>>
>KyoAni adaptation never
>>
>>148705154
HakoMari should be handled by White Fox only, the masters of time travel.
>>
>>148705077
Except for, you know, the works I just mentioned as well as hundreds of others that your monolingual ass will never get to read (or read poorly translated).
>>
>>148704943
Endless 8 isn't even an anime.
>>
It's massively overrated.
>>
>>148704660
It isn't but it is enjoyable.
>>
Iam sure I'll hate this if I re read it again, it was cool when I was edgy teenager.
>>
>>148705459
The anime does get praise though, which goes to show how stupid many people on /a/ are.
>>
>>148704998
>Maria is your typical melodramatic time-travel schlock with amateur, overwrought prose
This is a pretty glaring example of an idiot trying his absolute best to form a critique.
>>
The first volume was great, but it turned to shit after. I stopped in the middle of the 4th volume. If it ever gets adapted, I hope they give the first volume a proper 12 full episodes.
>>
>>148706146
But that's exactly what it is. Don't tell me you thought the prose was good.
>>
Well, if they actually animated it then I would know if you're telling the truth or not, OP. I often hear about it since god knows when but still no anime.
>>
>>148704660
It's pretty enjoyable as far as LN's go.
Also the song that the guy made as an opening to the LN is cool as well.

You retards are to hard on this,it might be overatted but its still good.
>>
>>148706175
For an idiot like yourself, sure thing. You probably don't even understand half of what you're saying; that would explain why you're completely incapable of properly critiquing it, instead resorting to mindless claims.
>>
>>148706146
This is a pretty glaring example of an idiot trying his absolute best to form a retort.

The writing is even worse than SAO. There is nothing standout about the plot or characters. Get over yourself, and grab those Japanese textbooks if you want to read a good LN.
>>
>>148706125
Only because of the movie, and memes.
>>
>>148706125
I don't understand. Are you saying people praise the Haruhi anime or endless 8 specifically? I've never seen anyone praise E8.
>>
>>148706215
It's because someone kept making threads about how much better this LN is than Re:Zero, which naturally prompted the highly autistic Re:Zero fans to read it with a completely negative mindset, intending to slag it on /a/ upon finishing.

I also saw ThatAnimeSnob recently bashed it on Youtube. That would explain some of the laughable attempt at critique here.
>>
>>148705237
>time travel
There you go using that word again.
>>
>>148706251
>retort
To what? Your thoughtless claims?

Anything you say is meaningless because you don't have the brains to form critique on a basic level. It would be just as easy for me to say something like Legend of the Galactic Heroes is trash, and it'd be equally as meaningless as any of the stupidity you churn out.
>>
>>148706304
ThatAnimeSnob is an EOP like yourself. If you want to see your mediocre LN critiqued, read what Moogy-dono has to say here: http://ask.fm/moogy0/answers/135515227860
>>
>>148706304
That explains it then.
People talk shit now but if/when it gets an anime adaptation they are gonna be gushing over it just like with Re:zero.
>>
>>148704660
is it worth reading anon?
>>
>>148706296
I'm referring to the anime. If you haven't seen Kyoanifags heaping praise on the anime version of Endless 8, then you really need to lurk more.
>>
>>148706337
I don't think you are at all aware of this LN's place in the Japanese zeitgeist. It is nowhere comparable to Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and asking for an essay on why it is bad is akin to asking for one on SAO or Re:Zero. If you want your critique, here it is >>148706338

Feel free to form a retort.
>>
>>148706338
>EOP
You're not doing yourself any favors here; just further reinforcing your stupidity. Referencing a "critic" shows you're even dumber and can't think for yourself.
>>
>>148706367
I don't read obvious studio war bait threads because I'm not a masochist.
>>
>>148706304

I've read it before i watched Re:Zero and i far preferred Re:zero. Not that either of them is very original
>>
>>148706372
I don't care how the Japanese think, I'm not a thoughtless weeaboo like yourself.

I judge stories on their own merit, and I think Hakomaria is pretty fantastic as far as japanese works go. I've yet to see you provide a thoughtful reason for why it's mediocre, besides the standard idiotic claims and referencing internet critics.
>>
>>148706395
There have been a few "Best Time Loop" threads on /a/ lately, and a lot of anons were saying Endless 8, and trying to form a legitimate justification for why it's the best.
>>
File: E8 clock.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
E8 clock.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>148706367
I've only seen praise for E8 for it kinematography.
>>
>>148706364
Each arc sets the characters in some interesting scenario, but the characters themselves are quite generic and boring.

You might also find yourself guessing all the twists before they happen, I found the earlier volumes super predictable.

The prose is unbearable, it overexplains everything, the dialogues are stupid and chuuni as fuck and it's narrated by your typical boring protagonist that's either whining about his uselessness or spouting generic main character speeches when you're supposed to cheer for him. I liked SAO's prose more for god's sake.
>>
>>148706623

The more unique ones were definitely entertaining, but the series would be better if volume 3+4 would be cut or at least shortened to a single volume
>>
>>148706364
Yes, read the first volume and see if it's up your alley.

Don't listen to idiots like >>148706623 , who sponge off the opinions of internet critics and can't say anything thoughtful or intelligent.
>>
>>148706623
>I liked SAO's prose more for god's sake.
You are seriously starting to sound like Roriconfan.
>>
>>148706367
>Kyoanifags
Please stay is /v/ consolewar babby. Just because someone enjoys or praises something doesn't mean its apart of your childish war against nothing. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1457032323998.gif (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1457032323998.gif
67KB, 230x230px
>another topic ruined by reddit: zerofags
>>
>>148706936
You sound asspained. Sorry, Endless 8 was complete garbage, and Kyoani idiots like yourself do indeed defend it because It's Kyoani.
>>
>>148706885
>>148706905
Do you guys have anything of value to say or not? Right now you just look like Re:Zero fags. I'm glad it's not getting an anime, otherwise you guys would be unbearable.

Heck, I don't even hate the series, I just listed some general thoughts I had.
>>
>>148706945
>topic
It's usually called a thread
>>
According to moogy,
終末なにしてますか? 忙しいですか? 救ってもらっていいですか?
Is one of the best LN ever made. I actually finished reading the first volume and it was fantastic. Can't wait for /a/ to get blown out when the anime comes out.
>>
>>148707013
Sorry anon, but I haven't even bothered to getting around to Haruhi. I know that you are a fucking idiot incapable of proper rational thought, but you should really fuck off to /v/, reddit would be even better, if you want to spout your retarded /v/ type mentalities. Just because someone enjoyed it, doesn't mean they are a "kyoanifag". Maybe, just maybe they were here during the time it fucking aired you brainless idiot.

Fuck off with your consolewar/studiowar retardation, it doesn't belong on /a/, never has and never will.
>>
>>148707075
No it's topic, make another thread for Hakomari and these fucks will come out of the woodwork to shitpost in it again.
>>
>>148707142
Most threads for light novels these days are trash. Either its brainless shitposters, actual ESLs who can barely speak english and mostly read mtl or its generalfags.
>>
>>148707104
How about you stop being a fucking sheep e-celeb worshipping retard and form your own opinions?

>b-b-b-but m-m-moo-moogy
Get his cock out of your mouth you blabbering retard.
>>
>>148707104
Yes, it's fucking great. I own every volume. Better than memeshit like HakoMari and Re:Zero in every way.

>>148707217
Fuck off.
>>
>>148707249
How about you fuck off with your stupid e-celeb wankery?
>>
Stopped reading the first volume because the characters were garbage and it was boring as fuck
>>
File: 1448685232816.png (198KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1448685232816.png
198KB, 500x504px
why would someone pretend to know japanese just to fill half a thread with their bullshit on why "HakoMari is shit because i said so"
>>
>>148707371
Moogy is pretending to know Japanese?
>>
>>148707371
Why would someone pretend to know Japanese just to fill half a thread with their bullshit on why "HakoMari is flawless because I said so"
>>
>>148707383
No one cares what moogy has to say. Critics are the bottom of people, internet critics even more so.
>>
>>148707053
I'm not making claims about how good it is.

You're making claims about how bad it is, and embarrassing yourself in the process. If you don't understand the basics of critique, you probably shouldn't say anything.
>>
>>148707106
>hasn't watched haruhi
>tells others to fuck off to /v/
>spergs out calling people idiots
Yeah you're about as dumb as they come.
>>
Those last two parts where pretty good tho, danganronpa middle dragged on a bit too much for my liking desu
>>
>>148707508
I think the one embarrassing himself here is the one that doesn't defend the novels and just dismisses everything negative.
>>
>>148707400
No one has said that past OP who's using hyperbole because every OP does that. for someone who claims they're some lit. critic, you sure can't read.
>>
>>148707880
If what I said here makes you think I claim to be some lit. critic, then you're not any better at reading. I'm not surprised you don't see any issues with the writing in HakoMari.
>>
As far as school setting mystery novels go it's probably the best yes.
>>
>>148707575
There's nothing to defend against baseless claims made by an idiot like yourself.

Why don't you quote your e-celeb again? If he doesn't like it, you might as well keep regurgitating what he says until people believe you.
>>
>>148707104
>moogy
who?
>>
>>148708111
Who's this e-celeb you keep talking about, I don't follow anyone who talks about LNs.

And apparently everything is a baseless claim.

Can you tell me what makes the prose so good that no one can say anything negative about it? Is Kazuki mindlessly repeating "muh everyday life, muh Maria" so fun to read?
>>
ITT Overrated Shit
>>
>>148708270
>And apparently everything is a baseless claim.
No surprise you can't tell the difference between something thoughtful and a baseless claim.

You keep going on about the "prose", yet refuse to elaborate on why it's bad outside "m-muh shitty dialogue". Honestly, you're just an idiot; that's all there is to it.

>>148708366
Not a Re:Zero thread, kiddo.
>>
>>148708469
I see you ignored the overexplanations, which the Game of Idleness arc was full of and first person narration, where the protagonist is your typical whiny guy, except more useless until he goes crazy.
>>
>>148704660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyrVKNFd-_I
>>
>>148704660
Fuck off and try to read some quality jap fanfiction instead of that loop bullshit nobody cares about. Poor author at least patted himself on the back when he saw the MAL rating so there's at least
自動販売機に生まれ変わった俺は迷宮に彷徨

He, who was an authentic Vending Machine maniac, died from a traffic accident while protecting a vending machine. He, who had expected that his life was finished, woke up in a lake shore surrounded by abundant nature. He didn’t understand what had happened to himself. He only knew that he had become a vending machine. Alone in the labyrinth of another world… As he wanders alone, he meets a lone girl who causes the story to change

>>148704738
それは違うよファムパイ.....ゴミ溜めの糞ラノベだよう

日本語で読んでま変わりはないのです! 自分をだましてはいけないのです!
>>
>>148708658
Are you actually posting some random guy's youtube review on fucking /a/?
>>
>>148707104
>終末なにしてますか? 忙しいですか? 救ってもらっていいですか?
Just call it Shuumatsu
>>
Bang, bang!
>>
>>148708744
Fuck off Kazuki.
>>
File: 1440120716107.png (101KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
1440120716107.png
101KB, 540x675px
>>
>>148708554
> protagonist is your typical whiny guy, except more useless until he goes crazy.
Last I checked this isn't an actual critizism on anything and is an opinion. A shitty one at that as well. You are stating that as if it is impossible for something to be good if it has a mc like that.
>>
>>148708703
>>>/djt/
>>>/v/
>>
>muh everyday life
>>
I feel like Hakomari spoiled me and I'll never ever be able to appreciate a yandere character again because they'll never be as well-written as Kazuki.
>>
>>148708809
Of course it's an opinion. I don't like that type of characters and didn't find Kazuki to be a good example of it. He's useless and relies on Maria too much, just because he's aware of it doesn't matter. Then turns out he's super obsessed over Maria and goes crazy, though that part was a bit fun to read. I hated his obsession over his "everyday life", because he barely shows any of it, unless you count him bickering with his friends in the most basic way to be an everyday life worth going crazy for.

By the way is >>148708658 the e-celeb guy you keep talking about? According to the video, he just read the first volume.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 143x353px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 143x353px
>>148708242
Fatefag
>>
>>148708554
I agree, I didn't like Volume 3 at all because it spent too much time on exposition and too many characters were introduced with little time. That said, if you think the MC being whiny is a flaw on the writing, you are indeed an idiot.
>>
>>148708703
>>148706338
>>148707104
>guys GUYS! my weeb eceleb hero said it's crap! just fucking trust him, PLEASE!
>>
When did e celebs become relevant on /a/?
>>
>>148710233
Never, it's one autistic Re:Zero fag.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.