[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the window always on the left?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: everyclassroom.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
everyclassroom.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why is the window always on the left?
>>
>>148523118
Those are some nice floors.
>>
>>148523118
do you want morning sun in your face?
>>
File: Sakamote-desu-ga-01-7.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sakamote-desu-ga-01-7.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>148523650
>left therefore east
>>
>>148523873
it's left therefore west, actually
>>
>>148523650
>>148523873
>>148524044
Actually, the classroom is built and designed for the students to always face South. It's an east asian thing to be facing South for good luck, as well as escaping the heat.
>>
>>148524084
>>148523873
Is it wrong that I figured out it was South by the shadows?
>>
I have went to high school in Asia, so let me humble you guys with my knowledge
>IT DEPENDS ON WHICH WAY YOU SET UP THE PODIUM AND THE DESKS YOU FUCKING MORONS
>>
>>148523118
So the light comes from your left and doesn't cast shadows for right handed people.
>>
>>148524103
Why would it be wrong?
Knowing where the cardinal points are can be usefull.
>>
>>148524135
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>148524135
OP here
That's why I asked. You don't have to go to school in Asia to realise they could just turn the chairs the other way around.

It has nothing to do with which way the building is facing.
>>
>>148524135
>>148524235
wtf in my school it was always the opposite, window on the right
>>
>>148524270
my knowledge residing in my mind, apparently.
>>
>>148523118
i Just realize this.
i'm on Asia and every classroom i'm in the window always on the left.
and i don't know why?
>>
>>148527446
Too not have your hand's shadow on your writing.

At least that's what some anon once said, could be true who knows.
>>
>>148524135
Learn how to greentext anon
>>
>>148524084
If the students are facing south, then the left window will always face pic related.
>>
File: JapClassroom.png (36KB, 1226x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JapClassroom.png
36KB, 1226x1080px
>>148523118
I went to a school in Yokkaichi on a school trip and the basic structure of the hallways and rooms was like this. Rooms looked pretty typical with a podium and chalkboard in the front for the teacher and shelving in the back for bags
>>
Because:
>Storytelling Left to Right symbolizes advancement/growth. Having the character face right to left is retarded and looks weird.

Also I have friend who does animation in Japan and the "place MC's desk by the window" is because:
>Animators would die if they had to draw all the other desks in their layout.

pointless thread/10
>>
>>148528765
>pointless thread/10
Still better than every general thread and template thread on /a/. I'll take potentially interesting discussion about mundane situations in anime and manga over off topic chatrooms and image dump threads which are for nothing but wanking with other anons, as if it wasn't already enough of a circlejerk.
>>
Here in Germany, at least in my school it was mostly tried to keep the windows to the left because a huge majority of students s right-handed. if you write with your right it's better to have the primary source of light to the left so you don't cast a shadow on your paper with your hand/arm. It's not a huge thing and wasn't kept for all rooms but some teacher told us once. Might be bullshit I dunno.
>>
>>148528898

That seems like the most minor 'problem' in the world. I've had shadows on my paper plenty of times and it has never bothered me.
>>
>>148528924
As I said it's not really a problem. But if you have the choice and otherwise it'd be random, might as well take the one that eliminates the small problem, right?
>>
File: chateau-interior-wallpaper-4.jpg (2MB, 3787x2535px) Image search: [Google]
chateau-interior-wallpaper-4.jpg
2MB, 3787x2535px
>>148523118
>>148528683

It's weird that they use this layout, it's actually how chateaus were designed in late medieval Europe; all the big royal houses had that kind of setup where a building has a long hallway all down one side and then a line of rooms that all open into that hallway, sometimes with connected doors between them.

Very different from modern building and house design which has hallways built into the interior; one might feel like a lot of good window space is being wasted on a hallway, though.
>>
>>148528959

I'd have everyone face away from the window so they don't get any sight of freedom
>>
>>148528898

Yeah, I'd wager that's more a rationalization than a design choice.

Don't know though, you never know how much thought the architect might've put in.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.