[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any worse studios when it comes to adaptations? You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: the unholy trinity.png (199KB, 1000x888px) Image search: [Google]
the unholy trinity.png
199KB, 1000x888px
Are there any worse studios when it comes to adaptations? You better hope your favorite manga or novel won't get touched by these guys.
>>
>>148488422
A-1 pictures has no permanent staff and studios in general matter far less than the staff working on the show. Even a small studio can put out great work with good staff and a well-handled budget.
>>
>>148488500
This is a given, but these three studios haven't put out a good adaptation years.
>>
Who adapted Ken'ichi?
>>
Where's Brain Base???
>>
>>148489599
TMS

>>148489622
Brains Base does great adaptations, but I see what you mean. Never getting a second season is also suffering.
>>
>no Gonzo
but afaik (and I don't know much), they don't do many so I'll let it slip this time.
>>
JC Staff and Silver Link.
>>
>>148490849
>J.C. Staff
Bullshit.
>>
File: 1414431893458.png (985KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414431893458.png
985KB, 1280x720px
A1 are fucking lazy and just give everything 12 episodes when they need more.
>>
>>148491137
They are a bit better than those 3 but not by much.
>>
kyoani
>>
>>148491190
JC Staff are really good with comedies for some reason. I agree they are mostly shit though.
>>
>>148491199
>Almost always improves the source material
>Bad at adaptations

Say what you want about them overall, but they made the garbage that is K-On into something enjoyable and that's no small feat.
>>
>KyoAni second season curse
>MADHOUSE second season never
>Manglobe
A-1 is well deserved. No one cares about Toei except mainstream normalfags.
>>
>>148491173

Gotta just get that shit out and get it done with some theme songs from LiSA, Sawano and Eir Aoi or whoever so the timeslot can turn over to their next adaptation and a chance to milk whatever blue chip thing some gullible company just casually handed to them.

I don't think of Toei as an adaptation studio really, they mainly run 50+ episode commercials for Bandai and Shonen Jump that inevitably renew themselves every year. Pierrot at least has some kind of decent stuff but when I think just shit adaptation after shit adaptation of some supposedly big name franchises nobody beats A-1 for soulless wasted potential. I can't even count the number of wasted efforts in the last 3 years alone that would have been better off in almost any other hands who might at least give a fuck. I mean they almost make me miss when J.C Staff was doing more adaptations and recently J.C Staff has the better efforts by far. That's saying something.
>>
Toei can do good work and they most definitely have done some in the past, I can't imagine adapting really long, popular series for so many years and keeping quality week after week, especially when animation directors come and go.

Not that I'm excusing them, just that the logistics of it must be very demanding.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 540x304px
>>
>>148491518
The biggest problem with (modern) Toei adaptations is their stalling. Scenes are extremely dragged out to the point where it feels unnatural and they try to put in as few chapters as possible in one episode.
>>
>>148491226
that's the thing they aren't faithful to the adaptation
>>
>>148491709
An adaptation doesn't need to be 1:1 to be good. In fact, adapting something 1:1 from a different medium usually ends up pretty awful.
>>
>>148491709
I wish more studios weren't faithful to their sources. So many bad manga/LNs get 1:1 adaptations that end up being bad as well. Easily preventable by taking the concept and improving it.
>>
>>148491264
>Manglobe
Wasn't Gangsta their only adaptation?

No wonder they went bankrupt, all their shows were originals and none of them sold particularly well.
>>
>>148491630
What they've done with One Piece in recent years is ridiculous, they even have other material they could adapt like the cover stories which could take multiple episodes of stretched pacing out of the main story episodes. It's made more frustrating with the stellar voice acting talent being utilized as they are.

That might be the curse of the manga's popularity and the pursuit of the almighty dollar, or yen in this case.
>>
>>148490849
>>148491190
JC staff now is nowhere near as bad as few years ago (Merry)
>>
>>148491772
>Wasn't Gangsta their only adaptation?
TWOGK, bad Hayates, Karneval, Seikon no Blacksmith, Mashiiro Symphony, etc
>>
File: simpsons screenshot.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons screenshot.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>148491944
n-never mind
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.