[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you be the protagonist or the antagonist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: yinyang.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
yinyang.png
9KB, 300x300px
>Do you think that you would be a hero or villain based off of your personal views?

I had this thought today when I was watching the average anime where the difference between the antagonist and protagonist characters are how they perceived hardships.
When one saw his loved one be killed in front of his eyes he sought out revenge on the world.
While the other took his burdens and decided to make himself stronger that way others wouldn't have to feel the same way.
>This is typical setting is in plenty of anime, games, manga, books and almost anything else.
Ill post what I think I am in a bit but I thought I would share it with others and hear some stuff before I do.
>>
Side character desu.
>>
I would probably be closest to the antisocial/dull school-life protagonists. In a fighting/fantasy anime I don't see myself being either the protagonist or the antagonist as I'm too submissive for either and would at best be a supporting character. Personality-wise I'm fairly amoral and would be closer to the antagonist but I can't see myself being a henchman so I would most likely instead be unwillingly roped into joining the hero's party.
>>
>implying any of us are anything more than background characters
>>
>>148482679
>>148482612
Op here
Let me make this a bit more easy then
>If you HAD to be the Hero or Villain based off your personal views what would you be?

>please forgive the Kingdom Hearts pic but its the only other one I had of good/evil
>>
>>148482538
I would probably fall under Villain, but the type of Villain I would be is the type who is more reasonable and pragmatic. Not the type who aspires for power or whatever, just someone trying to manage things as they are. Live as comfy a life as possible.
>>
I kinda have a hard time picking between being the good guy or bad guy.
Ever since I was little I had some pretty shitty things happen to me.
I started to watch Naruto and the Last Airbender when I was in 4th grade when it was on Toonami.
When I saw some characters like Naruto and played Kingdom Hearts it made me want to be a good person but I knew bad people where always going to be a thing.
I also had a though that maybe if I could I would be the best part of the bad world and take everyone's hate, anger, rage, and frustration and hold it in myself. (I was like 8 at the time so give me a break)

Now I also believe nuclear genocide wouldn't be that bad of a thing.
That's considering that the population is growing so largely out of hand that scientists say by 2050 the world will just be fuuuucked.
I realize that I would most likely get destroyed for in the genocide but I find that to be fine.>
>cont...
>>
>>148483082
When I was in highschool I wanted to become a soldier but HATED the thought of having to kill someone so I never joined,
I thought of becoming a medic or a AAIR man (someone who saves people on sinking/burning ships)

I think I would fall under hero but only if it had me dieing for the better good honestly.
Even if the outcome was bad as long as the OVERALL result was good.
>>
>>148483082
There is no good nor evil in Avatar, the Fire Nation is a country trying to conquer the globe while the Avatar is just a human weapon that is trying to stop that.

Even Vaatu is just a being doing what it was made to do and that is to cause doom and darkness.

As for Naruto, Kaguya was a mother goddess to humanity and he wanting to make humans Zetsus is not evil its just strange.
>>
Antagonist, because I will only die happy when a holocost 2.0 fatass edition happens.
>>
>>148483200
I looked at like how Naruto could have been a bad guy if he precised how everybody was a dick to him and wanted revenge.
And for Avatar I meant when Aang found out all of his family was dead he could have went crazy.
(its been a LONG time seance I've seen either of those so I only remember part 1 naruto and most of avatar.)
>>
>>148482538

I'd prefer being an anti-hero.
>>
File: 501820-oberstein_tea.png (299KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
501820-oberstein_tea.png
299KB, 640x482px
>>148482538
I don't know about protagonist/antagonist, but I can most certainly see myself as the turbo autist virgin everyone hates but somehow can't get rid of. The one who knows how the game works, but is very well aware he's not the type of person to appear onstage.
>>
>>148482538
Sure as hell not a protagonist/hero, I'd hate to be in the middle when shit goes down, then again that goes for antagonists as well to some degree.
What I'd be in my opinion is someone working against the estabilished "good" order, but not directly, rather being a stepping stone or guide to the protagonist.
>>
Caitlyn Jenner identity revealed
>>
ur welcome
>>
Think there's two or more faction. Some fight for evil and the rest fight for justice.
I'll help evil and justice faction simultaneously to balance thing so war never ends.
I'll backstab all sides, kill important person just to make war worse, spread false info, and make them fight among themselves.

Just for giggling and shit, no more or less.
>>
File: qualidea39.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
qualidea39.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
>>148482538
always had a soft spot for the good guys (especially the female guys)
>>
Remember that things can get messy there too.

Someone who is trying to do good, who might be considered a hero in their own right, could be labeled a villain by others. Specially if others means the majority of people.

Or maybe they also feel the same way too, that the thing they are doing is wrong, and must force themselves into that role for reasons.

I would become a hero if it meant saving lives, but i would gladly oppose and become a villain and obstruct the hero if it also meant saving lives. Not of the Cold and pragmatical variety, i do not believe i have that disposition.
>>
>>148482538
I'm already a hero
>>
File: FullBodyGriffith.jpg (104KB, 610x763px) Image search: [Google]
FullBodyGriffith.jpg
104KB, 610x763px
>>148482538
Probably villain. Not because I like to kick puppies, but my immediate answer to questions like "What's one thing you'd change about the world" are usually:
>Become absolute monarch of the world
>I'd be $100 billion richer

Anime protagonists that are as selfish as me are usually only anti-heroes.
>>
>>148482538
Which ever one won at the end of the series. Given the norm of story telling, I'd probably be a protag
>>
>>148482538
I wish I can be as villainous as pic related.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.