[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when the enemies had weird but deadly abilities that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0965.png (489KB, 900x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0965.png
489KB, 900x433px
Remember when the enemies had weird but deadly abilities that were unique to them?

Remember when blocking a shuriken without looking was considered impressive?

Where did Naruto go wrong?
>>
>>148458982
Part 2. The entirety of it. Power creep's a bitch.
>>
>>148458982
Power creep
>>
>>148459014
>>148459021
I remember when I was 13 I thought Sasori was the coolest and strongest motherfucker in the series but now he would look like a child with toys standing next to the likes of Naruto and Kakashi
>>
>>148458982
it became more about battle mages than about ninjas that's what the problem was
>>
>>148459810
Naruto was suppose to be about wizards.
>>
>have to use hand signs to use jutsus
>eventually almost no one does them
Gay
>>
File: 1452463402299.jpg (41KB, 236x399px) Image search: [Google]
1452463402299.jpg
41KB, 236x399px
>>148458982
>Where did Naruto go wrong?

Forgetting hard work and asspulling super special powers one after another.
Turning ninjas into wizards.
Going full DBZ with endless power creep, not even my final form, reviving people.
Masturbating to Uchiha and Senju.
Forcing MUH PARALLELS.
Aliens, gods and shit.
Turning friendly rivalry into homolust drama with inane crap like MUH DARKNESS.
Making every villain a manipulated sad kid with sob story that needs MC to be their therapist.
Turning Naruto into ninja Jesus.
>>
>>148460198
You are forgetting
>Muh legendary snowflake bloodline.
>>
>>148460435
Yea I was done when that chapter released
>>
>>148460198

>Making every villain a manipulated sad kid with sob story that needs MC to be their therapist.

This one is really annoying. It would be better if Itachi, Pain and Tobi were just evil assholes who needed to be killed.

But no, animu fans are always complaining about muh motives, so now every villain must have a melodramatic backstory to justify their evil deeds.

Itatchi is the worst of the bunch, the guy slaughtered his entire family and tortured Sasuke into insanity, but then he is treated as some sort of saint and martyr.
>>
>Tobirama "if you're an Uchiha I will end you" Senju losing his correct justification for his actions to them
Ungrateful fucks don't deserve to live after ruining the manga with their twists, edgy nature and power creep.
>>
>>148458982
Jiraiya died. After that everything went to shit
>>
>>148458982
When people stopped dying. They are ninjas ffs
>>
>>148460179
They are a waste of panel space in the manga.
>>
>>148461114
It's clear Itachi was not originally planned to end up as a good guy.
>>
>>148458982
immediately after zabuza arc
remember when ninjas could be killed by normal people if a large enough mob attacked them?
>>
>>148459014
>>148459021
The first chapter showed giant frogs and foxes capable of destroying mountains and making tidal waves. The power creep was inevitable.
>>
>>148463152
But the pain invasion was great
>>
>>148465020
But those were giant beats not people. Also the tailed beasts weren't energy gundam dindus.

This is how I would of done it.

>delve more into the politics of the shinobi world
>more fleshed out side characters
>have naruto learn wind techniques
>anko leads team 7 after the timeskip
>have the story go mostly the same otherwhise up until the end of Pain
>after that have a big war between the leaf and cloud niggs over sasuke's chimp out
>many people on both sides die
>meanwhile konan fights tobi
>it goes the same except the rinnegan is booby trapped
>it gets destroyed when tobi tries to retrieve it
>naruto and b eventually convince both sides to stop fighting
>final battle between naruto and saksuke
>no rinnegan or tailed beast cloak
>no heart filled speech of redemption or forgiveness
>they simply both die on impact after putting every they got into one final attack
>just a one panel flash back for each of them
>the last scene is of tobi sitting on a cliff in a foreign land watching the sunrise
>he takes off his mask
>and thinks back over his life and choices he made revealing him to be obitto
>he tosses his mask in the ocean

the end
>>
>>148467515
>delve more into the politics of the shinobi world
Seemed pretty straight-forward when Sarutobi explained it during the prelims to the final round of the Chunin exams
>we're mercenaries, and are going to advertise your sick moves to bring in more business for the village
>>
>>148459810
Yeah, I remember the extremely ninja fight where Zabuza and Kakashi threw water dragons at each other.
>>
>>148467810
I meant the politics behind their wars and the relationship between the villages and the country they serve and the countries relationship with each other. They never told us much about what role the countries leaders played in the shinobi villages conflicts.
>>
>>148460198
>Masturbating to Uchiha and Senju.
But their flashback was one of the few good parts of part 2
>>
So I stopped reading after the Pain arc when I saw the great war was like 5 years long, can someone give me a decent synopsis?
>>
>>148461114
It would have been better if Itachi killed his clan for both "They're planning to coup" and "To test my capability".

He took advantage of the deal the Leaf offered him to kill the ringleaders, and killed everyone. By the time the Leaf found out he went too far, he was long gone.
>>
>>148467515
....I'm stealing this.

But how would you handle the Kaguya plot?
>>
>>148469338
>Kabuto gets DNA from Sound 5, Taka, and Oro
>Summons dead ninja like Akatsuki, previous kages of other villages, and Madara
>Naruto bitchslaps Kyuubi whose actually a good guy
>Zetsu clones can transform into people
>Gay fights against past characters
>Shisui's eye pops out of Naruto's mouth and brainwashes Dead Itachi to be good again
>Itachi traps Kabuto in an unbreakable illusion that he got out of his ass
>Edo Tensei is canceled, cept for Madara cause he knows the counter
>Madara rapes five Kage
>Tobi is Obito
>Ten Tails summoned
>Neji dies
>Orochimaru and Sasuke revive the Hokages, then heal the five Kage
>Obito becomes Juubi Jinchuuriki
>Madara steals it
>Sakura doesnt fucking destroy the Rinnegan, Madara gets it
>Guy goes batshit and kicks his ass
>Naruto and Sasuke die, meet Sage, get god powers
>Madara is betrayed by Nigge Zetsu, transformed into a woman
>Kaguya is sealed away

Done.
>>
>>148469727
thanks lad
>>
File: ab6Okek.jpg (414KB, 1400x1250px) Image search: [Google]
ab6Okek.jpg
414KB, 1400x1250px
Remember when naruto was emotionally engaging
>>
Kisame was the truely best ninja.
>>
Naruto/Sasuke at the end of the manga can probably fight the entirety of Akatsuki
>>
>>148458982
Naruto turned to shit, when they decided to kill Ninja Jesus
>>
>>148470079
I miss Sasori. Didn't even finish Naruto, but I still love this bastard.
>>
When the hiatuses caused it to run out of material to steal from HxH.
>>
>>148464667
This. 100%.
>>
>>148461114
>evil assholes who needed to be killed

Pretty much why hidan was my favorite villain.
>>
>>148461114
To be fair Itachi was a good guy pretending to be edgy rather than a bad guy that completely changes his motivation and abandons decades of resolve because of a speech by some blonde faggot.
>>
File: 362-17.jpg (268KB, 1200x876px) Image search: [Google]
362-17.jpg
268KB, 1200x876px
>>148458982
This is the exact moment it went wrong.
>>
Kakuzu should've killed Ino and Chouji, there's no excuse except for plot armor.

The whole Shikamaru muh revenge plot was retarded since Asuma and his squad tried to kill the zombies first.
The animated fight were cool, tho.
>>
>>148458982
It's not power creep in and of itself, like everything else is saying. It's the fact that becoming so insanely powerful makes stealth obsolete, and stealth is kinda' what people want out of ninjas.

That's the second biggest problem with Naruto.

The first is only Naruto and Sasuke ever mattered. The whole universe revolves around them. Not even in a "the author only cares about his main characters" way, but in an actual, honest-to-goodness "this universe revolves around them" way.

Third is the waste of space that is Kishimoto's female cast.
>>
>>148473048
What I found stupid is how much Kakashi shat on Sasuke for being obsessed with killing Itachi but was ok with Shikamaru nearly getting his teammates killed because of how much he wanted to kill Hidan.
>>
>>148473160
>The first is only Naruto and Sasuke ever mattered.

Madara, Hashirama and Obito mattered too I guess
>>
>>148472948
That moment was awesome, though. That whole fight was pretty awesome and Deidara was a great character. And then you hear the pants-on-head retarded way Sasuke survived it and you realized there was no turning this shit train around.
>>
>>148473160
>It's the fact that becoming so insanely powerful makes stealth obsolete

Stealth never mattered, even in the Zabuza arc they were throwing giant elemental attacks around. Naruto ninjas were never ninjas to begin with, they were battle mages.
>>
>>148473167
Shikamaru is regarded by the village as the smartest of the original konoha 12 while sasuke is uchiha scum, so he gave him the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>148460198
>Making every villain a manipulated sad kid with sob story that needs MC to be their therapist.

Actually i thought that bit was pretty good. The interplay of clans and the fallout of which, and the way that every evil person is inside quite hurt i thought was very realistic.

But yeh, everything else you said was true.
>>
File: 362-2.jpg (172KB, 754x1100px) Image search: [Google]
362-2.jpg
172KB, 754x1100px
>>148473230
To be fair, Sasuke did say that he had a way to survive Deidara's bombs if lightning didn't defuse them.

The problem was how terribly presented the escape was in order to have the forced "Is Sasuke dead??" drama. The whole thing made it look like Sasuke did his escape in less than a second.
>>
>>148461114
At least Madara stayed an unapologetic asshole to the end and didn't get brainwashed by either Hashirama or Naruto.
>>
File: doge.jpg (30KB, 403x432px) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
30KB, 403x432px
>>148469727
Well i hate to say it, but the amount of times this show introduced girls with boy voices, it had to be heading in a queer direction. This just confirms my sad suspicions.
>>
>>148473299
>Shikamaru is regarded by the village as the smartest of the original konoha 12
The problem is his plans aren't even that good.
I guess that's the problem with introducing geniuses in a story where the writers aren't.
Instead of coming up with good plans they have to rely on max plot armor or dumbing down the other characters.
>>
>>148464667
Yeah that's bull. Ever since the sasuke flashback in the VOE, the Japanese audience knew that Itachi was hiding something because 'live unsightly' was a cultural reference as unsubtle as offering a enemy a wooden horse.
>>
File: 27531438_p0.jpg (197KB, 591x650px) Image search: [Google]
27531438_p0.jpg
197KB, 591x650px
>>148472797
Hidan a qt
>>
>>148473854
Shikamaru's plans usually come down to "you did what I expected you to do so you didn't do the the thing that you thought I was expecting you to do and now you are trapped in my shadow"

He isn't really that badly written since he doesn't make other characters retarded like a lot of "smart characters" do
>>
File: save me jashin-sama.jpg (215KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
save me jashin-sama.jpg
215KB, 768x1024px
>>148474067
Indeed
>>
>>148467125
Pain arc was blowing my mind until he rezzed everyone.

I should've figured as much.
>>
Naruto has always been best when the stakes felt high. Unfortunately, this happens less and less as the series goes on.

List of good points:
>Most of the Land of Waves arc
>Most scenes with Gaara in the Chuunin exam
>Basically none during the Tsunade arc
>A few parts of Naruto vs Sasuke
>A bit towards the end of Gaara Rescue arc
>Some parts involving Shikamaru during the immortals arc
>Everything form Jiraiya's death to Pain rezzing everybody
>A few parts featuring evil Sasuke
>A few points during Madara's fights

Those last two points represent around a third of the manga, so you can tell how the stakes really dropped off as the series continued.
The war arc was a great opportunity to drive up the tension, but it's wasted as the most it comes to is a bunch of
faceless ninja getting wasted (as well as Neji, a character that hadn't had a fight for 500 chapters and whose death was forgotten almost immediately).
>>
>>148472948
>great snake escape
It really did.
>>
>>148458982

the book.

all the questionable bumps in early p2 were forgivable but once the whole jesus destiny book stuff happened that was it.

I can appreciate it now that the big picture is done, and the SoL Boruto stuff are ok, but I really miss when the series was about hardworking underdogs and not deus ex genes.
>>
In p1 when Sasuke went full retard and joined Mr. Pedo Orichimaru. They spent so much time on the ANGST
>>
>>148480149
It was a shit deal, too. All he got was a sore anus, some silly arm tattoos, a sword he later broke after it stabbed him twice and a snek
>>
File: Sasuke SD ch8 p8-9.png (593KB, 998x712px) Image search: [Google]
Sasuke SD ch8 p8-9.png
593KB, 998x712px
>>148480535
>implying life at Orochimaru's isn't the best
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.