[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>god awful pacing in the beginning >comedic asides constantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: fma broho.jpg (10KB, 190x266px) Image search: [Google]
fma broho.jpg
10KB, 190x266px
>god awful pacing in the beginning
>comedic asides constantly ruining dramatic tension
>homunculi underdeveloped as characters
>main villain is typical "i wanna be god" power hungry sociopath
>some side characters completely dropped near the end and only referenced in the epilogue
>pointless inclusion of the not-Chinese characters
>Trisha, Nina, and Hughes hardly get any screentime compared to 2003 yet are all major motivational forces for the main characters
>defeats the big bag with typical power of friendship bullshit
>called "brotherhood" yet the relationship between Ed and Al feels cheaper and less developed than 2003

remind me again why FMA Brotherhood is praised so much?
>>
Hard to take you seriously when you're exaggerating so much.
>>
>>148408042
Not OP, those aren't exaggerations but valid criticisms.
>>
>>148408087
They're nitpicks masquerading as damning critiques.
>>
2003 was fucking garbage though
>>
>>148408042

which ones am i exaggerating?
>>
File: 5413241324.jpg (173KB, 723x1036px) Image search: [Google]
5413241324.jpg
173KB, 723x1036px
That's just your opinion, man.

You're wrong.
>>
File: Let's Play.jpg (37KB, 400x400px)
Let's Play.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>148407998
>>
>>148407998
>defeats the big bag with typical power of friendship bullshit

...Greed made him fragile as fuck and then Ed broke him? How is that friendship bullshit?
>>
>>148407998
It's a shounen series, for fuck sake?What did you expect - engaging plot and interesting characters.Every single plot point in Brotherhood was there, for the sole purpose of setting up the next big fight scene.
>>148408141
Kek.You forgot to mention "Muh Mango" and "author's intention"
>>
>>148408926
hi
>>
>>148407998
Follows the manga instead of being emo fanfiction like 2003.
>>
>>148407998
> I wanna be god villain
Well it is about alchemy, which is playing god in itself, only natural that the main villain takes it a step further.
> Hughs, nina didnt get screentime but are the main motivations for the main character.
Not sure what you are trying to say, they are still valid side motivations besides the main motivation which is to get their bodies back. Not saying they are clever, just that they are valid.

Otherwise agree, didn't really enjoy it that much.
>>
File: Shamballa.jpg (96KB, 381x453px) Image search: [Google]
Shamballa.jpg
96KB, 381x453px
>>148409245
>Muh manga
Kek
>>
>>148408105
>nitpicks
huge flaws in direction, comedy, character development, and a bullshit ending
>nitpicks

op also forgot ed's HORRENDOUS voice acting

sounds like a woman doing a boy doing a japanese batman
>>
>>148409818
That's why you watch the dub
>>
>>148407998
Lets see
>Dramatic Humunculi

Oh yeah like that episode where Lust recites an emo poem after offing a guy who was in "love" with her?
Oh how about Wrath? R..remember Wrath?
The embodiment of Wrath and what was his claim to fame? Whining and crying for his mommy and throwing tantrums and shit WOW!
Not to mention
>"Sloth" who is basically a secretary who gets shit done and has water based powers. Because that's what i think of when i think of Sloth, you know?
>Not to mention she is basically Ed and Al's mom. Which basically destroys the whole "you can never bring the dead back to life" thing but hey fuck the central theme of the story right?

Let us continue though, OP. There is more.
>The aforementioned whiny little bitch, momma's boy that they were calling "Wrath" for some reason, is basically Izumi's son. Because fuck the whole "You can't bring the dead back to life " thing right, OP?

>Also "Lust" is basically Scar's older brother's dead Girlfriend! Because fuck the whole" You can't bring...i think you get the point by now.
How about Furor King Bradly aka "Pride". The badass motherfucker that was "Wrath" in the manga/Brotherhood.

>He has a fight with Roy Mustang at the end. Just so happen Roy wins when Bradley's son conveniently brings HIS ONE WEAKNESS into the room at random because....Reasons?
>allowing Mustang to win the fight! AWESOME!
>>
>>148409953
>You don't know how to greentext
>>
>>148407998
>This thread
>AGAIN
>With the same exact OP image

Why can't you fucks die already?
>>
>>148409098
2003 is emo garbage. Muh Rose rape.
>>
Gotta love that the filler content to 03 was 90x better than any part of Brotherhood.
>>
>>148408967
As you can see how other anons have pointed out, that OP is a nitpicking retard. Ignore and move on.

>>148409098
>Actually agreeing with OPs points when its blatantly wrong and when this thread is almost the same exact thread with the same OP as before
>>
>>148409953
Lets move on to "Envy" now.
>Hey everybody i am Ed and Al's long lost brother! Alright that wasn't fucking stupid at all nope.

>Dante's whole fucking deal was "muh Eternal Youth"
>Then she goes on to be killed by Gluttony of all people.

Where as the fucking Humunculi were terrified of father. Gluttony was afraid of Pride never mind Father But lets continue.

>Rose gets raped ecause rape makes you DEEP
>Then after she's raped she is made the figure head of resistance group in Lior because...she was raped!! Ok! Also Dante wants her body...

>Oh and who can forget that wonderful pay off. Where Ed ends up in lolGERMANY!

>Yeah! Have you ever wanted to see Meas Hues sit in a bar with proto Nazis in a bar complaining about "Muh Jews" and treating Gracia like shit? You are in luck!

>Also Furior Bradley is now alive and is Fritz Lang, because? Lust also shows up and Rose is a Gypsy!

>Oh and their are proto Nazi's!!
>Remember the Amestrian Military? You know the one with the leader named FUROR KIND BRADLEY?

>Apparently that wasn't "on the nose enough" so now we have actual Nazis! Os excuse me Proto Nazis and we are in Germany!
> Also Ed and Al stay in lolGermany to close the gate from the other side, i guess to make sure it couldn't be opened again?

>Couldn't they do that shit from their own world?

Yeah FMA 2003 was fucking stupid. The first half was great but after Greed was killed it went full on retard. Then dispute it's silliness it had the nerve to take itself too serious
>>
>>148409098
Rape makes her Deep am i right, anon!
>>
>awful pacing
Sick of faggots putting this on every criticism list. It's just a meaningless as saying "shit story", "shit characters" if you don't explain why its awful.
>>
>>148410288
It's not grimderp enough for them. Needs more rape an forced drama! Also Lust needed to recite an emo poem that sounds like something from Diviantart that would be a caption on a Shadow The Hedgehog pic
>>
>>148410288
still not as bad as "pretentious"
>>
>>148410456
And "edgy". Want to pull my hair out everytime I hear these words.
>>
>>148410288

The beginning is massively rushed just to sidestep content from 2003 that was already animated, which glosses over some crucial plot elements that cheapens later events if you didn't watch 2003.

Every single characer is thrown together in the opening episode just to get their intros out of the way. It relies on their signature gags to introduce them BEFORE said gags actually happen canonically so it makes no sense except to wink wink nudge nudge the people that have already seen 2003.

Ed's state alchemist exam is completely glossed over despite it being a massive piece of development for him.

Hughes' screen time is cut nearly half so his death isn't anywhere near as impactful as it was in 2003, despite the fact that his death impacted Mustang MORE in Brotherhood than in 2003.

Trisha, the primary motivating force for the brothers and the cause of the inciting incident, gets almost no screen time or development with the boys until Hohenheim shows up, which is at least 20 something episodes in, making it hard to connect with the boys' desire to bring her back. Hohenheim leaving is glossed over until later despite it being one of the main reasons they wanted to bring their mom back.

The Bradley homonculus reveal is foreshadowed if not completely given away in the FIRST FUCKING EPISODE, completely removing any surprise or tension from that scene with Greed.

The Youswell episode is absent so Yoki comes out of absolutely nowhere later on, and May's interaction with the townspeople seems forced because of it.

In fact, despite being dismissed as filler episodes, many of the early episodes from 2003 were important in showing and developing the dynamic between Ed and Mustang. In Brotherbood they start out with a mutual distaste for one another and we only get occasional one-off exposition lines explaining why.

Most of its issues get resolved later on, but it has such a rocky start that it's hard to recommend the series standalone without 2003.
>>
>>148410867
I didn't watch 2003 and found the pacing completely fine.
>>
>>148410867
>The Bradley homonculus reveal is foreshadowed if not completely given away in the FIRST FUCKING EPISODE, completely removing any surprise or tension from that scene with Greed.

I thought the suspense was removed by the fact that THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS SHIT HAS BEEN ADAPTED

The only reason people like the stupid shit that was the 2003 series is because that was their first exposure to FMA.

The FMA manga is one of the better shonen to come out in a long time and the 2003 anime takes everything that was great about it and makes it emo.

Now i get it. The manga wasn't finished so BONES has to make their own shit up because fuck doing seasons! But Bones made some fanfic tier bullshit with that. The whole GERMANY thing was so fucking stupid, as was a lot of other shit that happened after Greed's death and seeing people act like that shit was "good writing" makes me glad these people don't write stories.
>>
>>148410061
>>148410259
You have to go back
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.