[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The show from the big three space westerns of the 90s no one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Crew_of_the_Outlaw_Star.jpg (85KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
Crew_of_the_Outlaw_Star.jpg
85KB, 500x437px
The show from the big three space westerns of the 90s no one remembers/likes partly because everyone only (shit)talks about the other two
>>
>>148382838
>no one remembers
People do remember.
But the threads always die because there is so little to talk about.
>>
>bebop
>outlaw star
>

what's the other one/
>>
>>148384547
trigun
>>
>>148384635
Was that in space? I haven't actually watched it, but I never saw space shit in what I've gleaned.

I actually watched Outlaw Star all the way through for the first time recently, and was pretty disappointed. I had heard that while Bebop is more atmospheric and considered, Outlaw Star is just a solid action show. I thought it was kind of a bust. Strongest thing about it was definitely the novel design of the world and characters, and while the show had a few nice moments, the writing overall was just really weak, and even the action was a let down. The main thing this show really has going for it is cool factor, some really iconic visuals, but that's not enough to carry it.

I had originally planned to finish Outlaw Star and then also watch Trigun to complete the toonami western trifecta, but I was sort of put off by OS. Maybe I should get back on it.
>>
>>148385282
>Was that in space?
They crashlanded on a desert planet after the protagonist's twin had sabotaged to spaceship.
From then on it was a constant decay of civilization as more and more of the old tech was breaking down. At some point they'll all die because the planet is just too hostile.
There was actually a rescue ship, but that one was crashlanded by the protagonist's twin again. At least they got a few new machines out of it.
>>
>>148382838
Is the spin-off of this show any good? I liked outlaw star because of how fun and interesting the characters were but the story left a lot to be wanted.
>>
>>148385369
I do need to actually watch this, I hear plenty of cool things about it. When I saw stuff about it ten years ago or whatever, I thought it looked retarded.
>>
>>148386192
>I do need to actually watch this,
Most of the story is of course manga-only.
>>
Thinking of getting Gene's star tattoo

Also reminder Outlaw Star is the goofiest of the 3 yet Gene is shown getting pussy more than once
>>
>>148386192
the setting is probably the best thing it has going for it.
>>
It's popular to hate on Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Outlaw Star now.
>>
>>148387294
No, it isn't.
>>
>>148382838
The ending was a bit weak, they could have done more with the series. I liked the begining but they didn't seem to know which direction to take.
>>
>>148382838
Trigun and Cowboy Bebop were also far better.
>>
>>148385605

Not really; the writing's worse and it doesn't really deliver on what most people want out of an Outlaw Star spinoff. I mean, it's about a group of pirate hunters and you don't even get to see a grappler ship until the second-to-last episode.
>>
>>148387708
I was really hoping for more episodic adventures. This is one of very few shows where a little less dedication to the main plot would have helped. They were always either getting ready to go after the ley line, or trying to get to the ley line, or fighting the same pirates over the ley line, and it just wasn't that compelling. If your macguffin is gonna be "nobody knows what it is," then don't spend every episode talking about it. The show really begged for stronger individual episodes.
>>
>>148382838

>Gene fucked the Christmas cake, more like he was raped and ended up with the pure maiden in the end

Best MC or one of the greatest?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.