[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Dub worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: K-ON_Character.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
K-ON_Character.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
Is the Dub worth watching?
>>
Try watching one episode of each and decide for yourself, retard.
>>
File: Cock.jpg (45KB, 421x427px) Image search: [Google]
Cock.jpg
45KB, 421x427px
>>148382890
why so serious?
>>
>>148382820
why would you watch the dub when you can watch the sub?
>>
>>148382820

As someone who watches a lot of dubs

No

Direction is bland as fuck, none of the characters have any personality to yheir voices and fall hard compared to their Japanese predecessors.
>>
>>148382820
Dubs are not worth watching in general
>>
The English dub is one of the worst dubs ever done to be quite honest.
>>
Generally if it's a high school setting and has a majority of female characters then the dub is going to be unbearable.
>>
How was the dub done for the movie?
Did they all just speak in English and didn't understand what English people where saying to them?
>>
I highly enjoyed the dub and thought the voices sounded similar to the original japanese. Even when they transitioned to the original japanese songs the voices still sound similar. One of the best dubs out there imo
>>
>>148386330
Sentai dub of course, animax dub is complete shit
>>
The German dub is surprisingly good.
>>
>>148382820
AZUSA-MEOW
>>
>>148386049
Yes, the movie is better in dub because of how the different languages are used in london, however the series dub was great
>>
>>148386049
I just watched a bit of one. It legitimately sounds like a gag dub.

>Ello, you're the birds from Japan right-o?
>Um, I understood the word from, and also Japan. Y-yes.
>I'm the governor of this establishment. You're the ones that are going to be song-birdin' today, right-o?
>Er um, yes.

They don't even have thick accents; they copied the original accents perfectly, they're just using a tiny amount of old British slang. It's totally unclear to me whether they're implying that there's a language barrier, or if they're implying that the girls are unable to comprehend the meaning of right-o.
>>
>>148386508
I mean the movie is better in sub
>>
>>148386543
Oh hey, I found that scene on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY0s80rhCqI
>>
Was K-on inspired by that one haruhi episode where she plays with the light music club?
>>
>>148386594
Huh, didn't know LK did professional dub work.
>>
It's weird having westerners imitate the weird autisticly embarassing japanese character tropes. People in the west just don't usually speak like that.
>>
>>148386913

I know this might come as a shock, but schools are actually a real thing in Japan and most people grew up going to them and they tend to play a significant influence of media marketed towards youth.
>>
>>148382820
I watched the german dub for practice, it was meh, but listenable.
>>
>>148387221

Pretty sure Japanese people don't speak like that either and if you do they'll wonder why you're talking like a TV character.
>>
>>148387330
yeah i know, im sure japanese people don't just run off without saying anything when they get embarassed too, I'm not sure why it has to happen in all SoL type programs
>>
>>148386594
That may seem cringy but honestly I'm not sure how else they could have really done this scene, since they had to portray a language barrier that didn't exist, and I say this as a Brit
>>
>>148387393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJkFII6K9E

should have got a glaswegian or geordie, then they would have to have subtitled it
>>
>>148387393

They could have made him Scottish or Welsh.
>>
Something in the dub's favor: the English VAs sang all their songs in Japanese, and it was nearly indistinguishable from the original.
Which holds more value; the original, or a fake that's trying so hard to imitate the original that it gains a validity of its own?
>>
>>148387284
the fuck are you talking about dumbass
>>
>>148387734
source?
>>
File: kiritsugu burger.jpg (12KB, 525x295px) Image search: [Google]
kiritsugu burger.jpg
12KB, 525x295px
>>148387129

It's actually his only official dub role to date.

His wife though does a bit more voice work, she was Kyousuke in Madoka and young Kiritsugu in Fate/Zero.
>>
>>148388499
Just watch them back to back.
>>
>>148382820
>are dubs worth watching
>>
File: 1470975128357.png (322KB, 486x488px) Image search: [Google]
1470975128357.png
322KB, 486x488px
Dubs
>>
>>148388658
I didn't know there were more than one, I have the one with Cristina Vee in it
>>
>>148388612
they sound exactly the same
>>
>>148389021
ikr?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAFcox4tvy4
>>
>>148389101
OLE! OLE! OLE!
>>
>>148382820

...there's a dub?
>>
>>148389251
I believe there's two actually
>>
>>148389101
After you watch it in Japanese you really can't go back but Bandai and Berman dubs are good as well. Chinese and Aniplex on the other hand are pure cancer.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.