[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mob Psycho 100 a deconstruction of the shonen genre? Is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: reigen.jpg (6KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
reigen.jpg
6KB, 212x237px
Is Mob Psycho 100 a deconstruction of the shonen genre? Is this the reason why so many plebs dislike it?
>>
>>148350052
No. It's actually shonen by the books, it's hated most likely because of its own popularity or by association with One Punch Man.
>>
Hello OP. Would you mind explaining to me what the term deconstruction means and how it is used to the anime genre ?
>>
wtf I hate mob psycho now
>>
>>148350052
It's a deconstruction of the deconstruction genre.
>>
>>148350484
What a sheep.
You hate it now just because of this thread?
>>
>>148350052
it's parodying specifically tropes from shows about kids with psychic powers, not shounen. They still have the same stupid asspulls and other shit shounens have.
>>
>>148350609
It's a meme you dip.
>>
File: 1461686396530.jpg (56KB, 546x490px) Image search: [Google]
1461686396530.jpg
56KB, 546x490px
>>148350609
>>
>>148350393
/thread

>>148350609
Fuck off newfag
>>
People hate this?
>>
I'm sure it's more a reference to/parody of old psychic manga, like Babel II. They were a big deal in the 70s and 80s, along with ninja manga.
>>
>>148350052
I'd say it's more of a commentary on characters with in general. Whearas many MCs (Light novel in particular) have almost no redeeming qualities despite their unique superpower, they always save the day, get all the girls, and are generally treated like royalty. Mob is a character who, despite having incredible power, isn't treated like that by the narrative. Mob has flaws which his power can't fix so he decides to join /fit/ to improve himself.

Basically, just because you have a special power or talent doesn't mean you're any less of a loser.
>>
Yes op it the deconstruction of my sexuality to reiganism
>>
File: 1475282736508.png (130KB, 439x521px) Image search: [Google]
1475282736508.png
130KB, 439x521px
>>
File: CuVzuh4VIAAPCBe.jpg (51KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
CuVzuh4VIAAPCBe.jpg
51KB, 540x720px
Reminder to celebrate best boy's birthday today.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.