[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Casper's fucking problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: casper.png (129KB, 360x263px) Image search: [Google]
casper.png
129KB, 360x263px
What was Casper's fucking problem?
>>
casper was the good one
>>
Thinks with its emulated pussy.
>>
File: 1446284941540.png (254KB, 436x660px) Image search: [Google]
1446284941540.png
254KB, 436x660px
>>148348758
This is why having a trap in your harem can mean the difference between life and death. He was simply immune.
>>
One thing for sure, he the brains of a woman!
>>
>>148351215

*had
>>
Was he the woman, daughter or waifu? I forget.
Anyways, Caspar was best boy.
Saved us from 3rd impact (well...you know).
>>
>>148353448
It prevented use of the self-destruct twice. The self-destruct that was in place to destroy Lilith as a last resort.
>>
>>148353946

but wouldnt destroying lilith destroy all ordinary life except angels?
>>
melchior a shit, A SHIT!!
>>
>>148354038
What gave you that impression?
>>
>>148354124
You take that back!
Melchy made some good calls over the course of the series.
>>
hey I really like evangelion
>>
>>148354153

because the angels are desperately trying to destroy lilith
>>
>>148354359
Weren't they rused into thinking it was Adam? Adam was the endgame for the angels and Lilith was not usable without him was my impression.
>>
>>148354038
She seeds life and then it self-perpetuates. She doesn't sustain it, she was buried immobile for billions of years. Didn't even twitch when they cut her in half.
>>
File: Bunnygirls.jpg (142KB, 1915x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Bunnygirls.jpg
142KB, 1915x1075px
>>148354459
no, just kaworu because he was a dummy. Remember the angels attacked adam when kaji had it on that boat?

and after that adam and lilith were close to eachother so it didn't matter much.
>>
>>148354459
Wait, I thought the point was that the angels were of Adam and wanted to reunite with him to become a new Seed of Life, more or less incidentally fucking over Lilith, Adam's competition/counterpart/nemesis as an added bonus, but not as an outright goal.
I'd assume conflict between the two had not been part of the first ancestral race's plans, considering they wanted to propagate life, not wipe it out in a cataclysmic conflict.
>>
>>148355079
The FAR had the goal of propagating life, but they didn't want somebody that would ever compete with them (which means they're probably around somewhere) So they split their seeds in two breeds, and each seed came with a means of destroying it's peers (the Lance of Longinus) so if they ever encounter each other in the same planet they would compete and eventually one would annihilate the other. Because if both seeds came together they would be a threat to themselves if they ever met.
>>
>>148355457
You'd think that a species that can create being of such staggering power like Adam or Lilith would be able to launch those vessels in a way that doesn't lead to them coming into contact.
>>
>>148354459
Did they all have the same endgame even? Angels are definitely attracted to the city, all but like two that might have been on their way anyway, but then there were Angels more interested in the Evangelions than digging into the Geofront, then Angels more interested in the pilots than the Evangelions. I don't think they know what they're responding to or what they'd do with it.
>>
>>148354204
Making a few good calls is good enough if you're some random mook, when you're one of the three magi, a little bit more is to be expected.
>>
>>148355817
I know, which is why my fanwank is that in Adam and Lillith were lovers in the past and Lilith intentionally headed for earth, makes thematic sense seeing what their names are.
>>
>>148355877
the angels got smarter every time, cause they learned, culminating in Kaworu. Humans are the smartest, so just fucking send one of them to see what happens.
>>
>>148355877
It was all changing and progressively improving tactics. First they headed for the geofront because it was a good it Lilith's egg was a good starting place to start looking for Adam. But they kept growing in sofistication as they started to understand human psychology.
>>
>>148356065
>culminating in Kaworu
7th or 8th place. Had a human brain and understood less psychology than the inside-out hyperdimensional math shadow.
>>
>>148355877
humans had knowledge and were slowly clawing their way towards power, it was the opposite for angels

there's decent evidence the angels are even more lonely than humans. some of them even avoid fighting, liek the first one, and the baby in magma diver who tries to suckle asuka

>>148356001
they could have both been lonely. there's decent evidence kaworu and rei were both lonely as fuck. thanatos is probably rei's theme song. the song is probably referring to shinji, but there's no reason why 5 billion years ago, it couldn't be referencing kaworu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW_53Fxlv5Y
>>
File: christmas.png (319KB, 824x444px) Image search: [Google]
christmas.png
319KB, 824x444px
>>148356469
He was the last one. But every angel has a gimmick that defeats them. He had adaptability, but not unlimited adaptability like that computerstomperangel, cause it was reined in by emotions.

Which might lead him to pulling off a Misato style hail mary to beat humans, or it might lead to him turning into a faggot and committing suicide by shinji.
>>
>>148355877
Can being such as the angels even be considered to have a 'endgame'? I mean, they are so alien that judging them from a human perspective seems kinda futile. Their 'soul' alone is so potent that they can use it to impose on physical space, whereas humanity's souls are to keep them from just breaking down into goop.
And they are still little more than a joke when compared to the Seeds of Life.
>>
>>148356619
>thanatos is probably rei's
It amazes me when people think it's otherwise, I can't really imagine how it could fit anyone else better
>>
>>148356690
they say that the angels and humans can both change their shapes through instrumentality. the difference is that humans are always numerous and weak, and that angels are always alone, and divided.

you'l notice in ep 26 instrumentality, shinji changes into a fish, but also several angel shapes.
>>
>>148353448
Casper was the woman. That's why it chose Gendo over whatshername in EoE.
>>
>>148356619
Of course angels are more lonely than humans. Their AT-field is inviolate, meaning their soul/core/whatever cannot connect to anything, least of all other members of their species, whose AT-field is similarly absolute. Meanwhile, humanity is barely kept distinct by a barely-there AT-field, allowing for social interaction and the like despite everything.
>>
>>148356701
I thought it kind of applied to all of them at the first watch. but rewatching it ten years later, I realized asuka and shinji aren't actually alone.

dunno how I so wildly misinterpreted so much of the anime when I was younger.

then again, I'm arguing with a couple neets in the other thread who think eva was written to be a show about how cool it is to jack off to a clone of the mother of the self-insert character, like it's totally normal, so..

>>148357030
yeah, I was just saying that because it makes sense if lillith and adam were drawn to each other, 5 billion years ago.

the spears have their own wills, and longinus automatically sealed adam irrespective of lillith's wishes however many billion years ago.

I don't know if this implies a romantic/tragic subtext, but it would be interesting
>>
>>148356797
Considering how closely related angels and humans are that doesn't really surprise me; on the other hand, we've had plenty of cases where angels changed their form (and function) on their own. Maybe that was a lesser version of the effects of Instrumentality, in the same vein as Angels are lesser versions of Adam?
>>
File: the ikari shinji in leliel.jpg (152KB, 960x770px) Image search: [Google]
the ikari shinji in leliel.jpg
152KB, 960x770px
>>148356690
Kinda, there's what isn't seen when they directly contact human minds. They do it three times and they're represented by the human's own form, speaking in their voice, exclusively communicating information already known to the human. No identity of theirs projected. And they all seem to struggle with repression as a concept, of those humans being aware of something and denying the information to themselves, like they just don't have an unconscious and aren't getting it.
>>
>>148357553
>romantic
I wonder. Given what we know about the FAR, it seems unlikely that, out of all their species, they'd choose a pair of lovers to be two of the seven seeds they'd fling out into space *and* make them diametrically, murderously opposed to each other should they ever meet up again by some cosmic fluke. That seems not very sensible for a race cool-headed enough to plan for billions of years after their own extinction; nevermind the fact that we don't even know if they even had a concept like romance.
Than again, nothing really contradicts the idea, either, so, hey, whatever.
>>
>>148357578
dunno if the mechanics of trnsformation/instrumentality were ever that explicit

what I took away from it is that changing forms/changing perspectives/changing your life were all metaphors for the same thing

>>148358088
we might be getting into our head canon at this point.

I never played the psp game where all of this is revealed.

I think adam and lillith were oly diametrically opposed because of the threat that the spears would autonomously destroy them if they ever gave up on the mission they were programmed with.

some of the angels, namely, kaworu, willingly forsake the mission though. which shows that they weren't mentally under control of the spears.

the tree in eoe is essentially what the FAR was. that isn't necessarily what lillith and adam wanted, but it does mean they're not destined to kil each other
>>
>>148358088
They're sentient beings, and direct ancestors of humans, I can't imagine their seeds would be that diferent from them in fundamental things like that. Especially considering at least one Adam-based angel was shown to be capable of love. Seems like something would be in their nature. Lillith and Adam having a previous attachment that resulted in them landing on the same planet in a way makes more sense than just landing in the same planet for some cosmic coincidence. As for chosing a pair of lovers. What if they met as candidates in so some sort of Universe Polinization Progam?
>>
>>148358550
By the way, I'm aware I'm deep in fan wank territory. But I like the theory, I think it makes sense. Maybe it detracts from seeng the FAR as these monolitic all knowing all powerful entities, and in exchange makes them too much like people. but doesn't even that make sense, humans are feeble and they come from the FAR, so why wouldn't they? Because of what they archived technologically? Yui archived a similar thing than they did and she too was very much human. Makes the gulf between Humans and the FAR much smaller.
>>
>>148358088
>>148358372
The good part of NGE2 was the implication that Lilith intentionally targeted Earth and destroyed her spear to eventually gain the Fruit of Life when her curious, predisposed to experimentation payload brought it to her, adding another circuitous long-term scenario hijacked by Rei. And Ritsuko hoing it up, that part was okay.
>>
>>148358826
the FAR was a tree of life like in EOE and the door of guf was a portal that draws souls from the FAR home planet out of some sort of database/hivemind and plants them into individual bodies or takes them back out

there's nothing to indicate the FAR were really 'gods' just because seele worshipped them. they just had a heirarchy, and the deal with the spears was a method of maintaining their heirarchy over their colonies
>>
>>148358911
whoa, this happened? that's kind of cool

too bad it had to be an unenjoyable psp game

before nge became a mindfuck anime, anno originally wanted to make it hard scifi, which would have been cool.

I really want to see a japanese take on a hard sci fi universe with hive mind lifeforms and type 4 civs that can harvest black holes.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.