[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will anime ever shy away from infodumps, internal monologues,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 03074.png (835KB, 921x514px) Image search: [Google]
03074.png
835KB, 921x514px
Will anime ever shy away from infodumps, internal monologues, and expository dialogues?
>>
No because talking and doing nothing is great time filler and less work on the animators.
>>
Not as long as LN adaptations are a regular thing.
>>
>>148342972
If you watch anime that isn't made for 12 year olds, yes.
>>
>>148343194
What anime, in your opinion, has none of that?
>>
>>148342972
Probably not, Flip Flappers did it this season and everybody complains about it like fuck.
>>
>>148342972
Probably not, because it's a limited-duration format that's expected to provide a robust narrative experience. It's very difficult to introduce a world and characters and provide growth and exposition when you've only got 240 minutes or so.
>>
>>148342972
Never because anime is for fucking teenagers.
>>
>>148343469
The couple of threads I was in after the show aired didn't have that many complainers, only a couple I remember but many people were replying to them so it looked like it was a big complain. I thought it was a good episode, my only nitpick was with how they were cutting between scenes after they get into that alternate world whatever is called.
>>
>>148343391
Mature animes like Death Note and LOGH
>>
>>148342972
Considering that the average anime viewer can't even count up to 10? Doubtful.
>>
>>148342972
>implying internal monologues are bad

Also considering how often I see some retard asking about something that was explained last week or even 10 FUCKING MINUTES EARLIER, probably not.
>>
>>148342972
And do what?
I imagine good writers rarely are interested in working in anime.
>>
>>148342972
I don't mind if it's well done like your pic related.
Anyway "show, don't tell" is the way to go.

Reminds me of Girlish number where the mc casually drops in "onii-chan" instead of having a monologue explain that to us.
>>
>>148342972
Let me explain how anime works in our world, OP. We've been over this a few times, but I'll repeat it for you.
>>
>>148342972
This isn't just anime, is more of a Japanese thing.
I have noted infodumps and expository dialogues in a lot of their movies and tv shows too. Same goes for corean movies tho
>>
>>148344928
How was pic related well done?
>>
>>148345147
Can't really explain it, sorry.
>>
File: ruru.jpg (2MB, 2475x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ruru.jpg
2MB, 2475x1440px
>>148342972
All is forgiven since they added Ruru in the show.
>>
>>148343714
Many films manage to do it with much less time. All you have to do is shave away any complexity that doesn't add anything, and have all remaining rules and foundations be clever enough to be explained visually with as little dialogue as possible. Requires talent and a willingness to kill your darlings.
>>
Yamada is the only KyoAni director who can worldbuild without walls of dialogue.
>>
>>148345079
Why can't they do proper storytelling like Coppola and Nolan?
>>
You should watch Only Yesterday. One of the few mature anime out there in the true meaning of the word.
>>
>>148342972

Will Blame! ever get an anime?
>>
>>148345559
It's getting some sort of live action. Different story though, since the manga didn't really have a story conducive to episode or video format.
>>
>>148345478
Nolan's terrible at dialogue, though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.