[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many yuri shows have you seen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: yuri gimnastics.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
yuri gimnastics.webm
2MB, 852x480px
All the recent threads made me question myself "Does people even know what YURI is?"

How much yuri shows do you think have you seen?

What it takes to you consider an anime as yuri?
>>
>>148339110
>What it takes to you consider an anime as yuri?
The girls have to touch each other
>>
>>148339110
I've seen about... 3? Only Candy Boy was good.
>>
>Onii-sama e
>Hibike Euphonium
>Utena
The holy trinity of yurikino.
>>
>>148339110
>>
Actual yuri and not just undertones? Just Aoi Hana. I fucking love Aoi Hana. Everything else I've looked into goes way lewd with it and it seems more exploitative than just romance.
>>

What? This seems pretty cut and dry, wouldn't the show just need to have lesbians?
>>
>>148339351
>Aoi Hana
Shit rushed ending though, being a yurifag is suffering
>>
>>148339217
>>Onii-sama e

That's just Class S though. Great show regardless.
>>
>>148339420
For the manga? Yeah, that was bullshit. Hourou Musuko got the same treatment. Wasn't it because of some new policy coming into effect that caused her to end them early?
>>
>>148339392
Yes, but for some people its seems that having two girls looking each other or nor having relevant males in the cast is enough to qualify as yuri
>>
>>148339561

To be fair, there's a painful amount of bait/mixed messages, like in Hibike, and all those obnoxious "gag yuri" characters
>>
>>148339110
seen a few, so far the best i've seen is strawberry panic. the show is a bit slow but if you like romance and a slow build up its great.

100% yuri no googles needed its canon yuri.
>>
>One girl looks at the other from across the street
>YURIIIII
God i hate yuri fags. yuri is alright fine.
>>
>>148339816
Isn't that the series where they end up having sex under a tree
>>
>>148339110
The girls having actual romantic feelings towards each other and having physical contact.

that's wh I don't understand why the Yuri community calls Hibike! Euphonium yuri, losing its marbles over it while at the same time disregarding Sakura Trick completely.
>>
>>148339943
not sure i remember any sex scenes under a tree, although its been a few years since i watched it so i could be wrong.
>>
Yuri is just romance. Even a yuri couple doesn't make a show yuri. It has to be a sizable part.
>>
>>148339976
I don't think anyone other than being ironic considers Hibike! yuri.
It's subtext at best considering the 2nd year pairings only.
>>
File: ff.jpg (78KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
78KB, 1000x562px
The only good yuri show is Yuru Yuri.
>>
>>148339110
I've seen a few that aren't subtext.
Riddle & Sakura Trick are probably the only titles I finished.
Though Haruka & Yuu weren't aware of their relationship being romantic 'till the last episode.
>>
>>148339976
Hibike is pretty suggestive, including some hardcore hand-holding.

ST was just fucking ugly to look at. DEEEEEEN, etc
>>
>>148340272
Fuck, I forgot to list this one too.
It's mostly comedy but it has it's genuine moments.
>>
>>148340518
Definitely. The actual yuri gets cranked up to 10 in season 3 though I felt. Even so, really enjoyable show.
>>
>>148339217
>Hibike
>Yuri
Anon please.
>>
Anything that bait me with girls in close proximity to each other is yuri in my book. I'm a simple man.
>>
File: legend of korra copy.jpg (386KB, 921x758px) Image search: [Google]
legend of korra copy.jpg
386KB, 921x758px
I don't want to be a dirty crossboarder but...very relevant.
>>
>>148339909
Well, to be fair lot of people on /a/ also calls gay or fujoshi pandering shit to lot of shows that only contain bishonen, despite it doesn't actually having anything gay in it.
>>
I've watched every actual Yuri show, and most of the subtext ones. I like real yuri shows but they are pretty few and far between.

Things I would consider real yuri:
Sasameki Koto
Aoi Hana
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
Kannazuki no Miko
Sakura Trick
Kanamemo
Yuru Yuri
Utena
Yuribears
Blue Drop
Shoujo Sect
Candy Boy
Simoun
Valkyrie Drive
Yuyushiki
Sono Hanabira
Localdol (the writer specifically mentions it as part of the yuri genre).
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san

I'm kind of borderline about Kuttsukiboshi and Mnemosyne.

Every other show I more or less consider subtext until made explicit. Also I deeply loathe kyoani for various reasons so I will never watch a show made by them even if it seems yuri.
>>
>>148345627

Fuck, I knew I forgot a couple.
Akuma no Riddle and Hidan no Aria AA are straight up homo. And Mikagura Gakuen has a canon gay MC.
>>
>>148345627
>Localdol (the writer specifically mentions it as part of the yuri genre).
Source?
>>
What, exactly, is the lasting appeal of the shows in which the characters (normally girls) a very obviously gay, but they never quite confirm it onscreen? (Looking at you, Symphogear)
>>
>>148347368
Everything else.
>>
>>148345627
I live on girls' love, but most "real yuri" shows are just unwatchable to me. Something more is needed than cartoon blobs lickin each others' faces or crappy fanservice to produce the true miracle of yuri.
>>
Real yuri shows don't sell. only when you bait them as It creates conversation. Is there love? Are they just friends?

When it's yuri it's just another romance anime.
>>
>>148345627
Yuri is used in such a broad manner that most of the time it isn't. Real yuri is boring drama. The premise of Yuru Yuri is that they're too young for real yuri. It's why the older characters exist but are rarely seen. I remember seeing a review of the manga on some blog criticizing it for not being actual yuri.
>>
With the power of yuri googles, every show you watch can be a yuri show.

You alraedy decided to abandon this sad reality in favour of 2D. Just take one more step and abandon this imperfect 2D to sink deeper into delusions.

All shows are yuri.
>>
>>148339110
Here's some better questions.

Why do you have to force there to be yuri when it's not there? Why is you life purpose currently trying to find yuri in everything? Why can't you get behind something more productive?

Yuri has shown to be a dead end when it comes to anime. The show in your pic was a horrendous failure.
>>
>>148339217
>Hibike Euphonium
>yuir

I'm convinced this is a shitposting meme and it will never be proven not to be.
>>
I think I've seen enough yuri after watching all of Saki.
>>
Yuri anime is a non-entity these days but fortunately there's some decent genuine Yuri manga currently out there.
>>
>>148339110
Shows like New Game and Kiniro Mosaic aren't exactly yuri but they have girls with obvious gay crushes and other scenes of girls being very close and flirty, which pleases me as a yuri fan.
>>
>>148339110
Yuru Yuri and Utena.
I'll take undertones for a yuri show, but I really wish there were more straight up romances between two girls.
>>
>>148346682
Probably this: https://yaranakya.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/on-yuri-2-changing-definitions/
>So when the time came to work on Locodol, only the dirty me was left. For that reason, the yuri intensity degree of the work became relatively high. Nevertheless, my intention when writing the script was to include enough humor to make the yuri ambiguous. But the execution of the finished product was going in the real deal direction. I saw it and thought, “Can’t make excuses for that…” (laughs).
>>
So Yuru Yuri is actual yuri? I thought it was just a moe show with yuri baiting.
>>
>>148339110
Well, I watched Valkyrie Drive earlier this year
>>
>>148348935
Depends on what you consider actual yuri and yuribaiting. Most of the girls show clear romantic and sexual interest in other girls and there are some pairings teased but it has no plot direction and therefore no relationship development.
>>
>>148339110
No one uses yuri to just refer to works that are explicitly focused on female/female romance: not directors, not yuri mangaka, and not the audience. The word has become a catch-all term for all girl/girl relationships ranging from close friends, maybe more, and actual romance.
>>
>>148339110
Someone please post the physics of that spin. It was amusing thread.
>>
File: rance.jpg (72KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
rance.jpg
72KB, 720x480px
>>148347368
I gess that way the girls can still be pure so each person can interpret in the way they want?

Personally I liked more when the mahou shoujos had male love interests like early Sailor Moon or Sakura but with the years I realized that this is a minoritary opinion and most people prefers no males in the cast.
>>
>>148353713
Well, at least there are some of us.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.