[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stardust Crusaders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: stardustcrusaders.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stardustcrusaders.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
I just started watching this. It isn't as funny as the previous two seasons of JoJo so far... Joseph is still pretty funny. But Jotaro is such an emo cunt. And he's speaks very rudely to his mom. That shit ain't sugoi.
>>
He gets better with time. I didn't like him either.
>>
>>148332101
How the fuck was Part 1 funny? And Part 3 is probably the part with the most comic relief.

If you're into JoJo for the humour, you're doing something seriously wrong.
>>
File: Jaguars.png (220KB, 409x215px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguars.png
220KB, 409x215px
>>148332101
Hang on Anon
It gets better with time
But you are right. Jotaro is a pretty cold character but he improves the further you watch
Wait for the hilarious moments and focus on the other characters as well as the enemies
Kakyoin and Polnareff have some very funny moments and Joseph's Engrish is kekworthy too
>>
>>148332101
You're one of the thousands of people who have initially disliked part 3 that will eventually come to like it by the end. Don't be a faggot cunt wait until you finish to talk shit.
>>
The OVA is better
>>
>>148333229
>>148333563

Part 3 is only slightly better by the end. Jotaro is shit all the way through and the show is carried by Polnareff and Joseph, sometimes Kakyoin.

Surprisingly I like Jotaro in part 4 more.
>>
>>148333900
>He doesn't love the ora
>>
File: speedwagon.jpg (13KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
speedwagon.jpg
13KB, 300x169px
>>148333420
Speedwagon was pretty funny.
>pic related
>SUCH A GENTLEMAN

>>148333462
>>148333563
I'll take your word for it.

>>148334087
I do love the ORA ORA ORA yeh, and Jotaros design is pretty baller
>>
>>148333900
>Surprisingly I like Jotaro in part 4 more
Yeah, he's a lot better as a mentor character instead of the MC.
>>
>>148335667
>>148333900
I absolutely hated Jotaro in part 3, but part 4 made me understand him better and actually like him retroactively when rewatching 3.
He's not a cool edgy guy, he's just autistic.
>>
>>148335667
>>148336035
He's really good in Part 6, too.
>>
Joseph, Abdul and kakyoin dies
>>
>>148336326
He's in a coma for most of part 6.

Oh. I see what you did there.
>>
>>148332101
Jotaro is arguably one of the worst protagonists in the series. His personality is dogshit and all of the guile that made Joseph interesting is nowhere to be seen.

He shines way brighter as a side character in Part 4. He just can't carry the show on his own. If Part 3 didn't have Joseph and Polnareff to save it then it would be much more disliked.
>>
>>148336548
I didn't even meant that, he's my favourite JoJo. The parts where he's not in a comatose state are great, and so is his relationship with Jolyne.
>>
File: 1475410190210.png (665KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475410190210.png
665KB, 800x1200px
>>148333563
Stardust Crusaders lacks the charm that made the first two parts so good. I hated the entirety of the first 24 episodes and would've dropped the series if I hadn't heard that it would pick itself up again towards Diamond Is Unbreakable.

Egypt was only tolerable because the writer finally learned how to make the stand fights interesting.
>>
>>148336678
I think he'd be better received if he was shown to be more unambiguously socially stunted because he just comes across as a boring OP douchebag instead of an awkward fuck who's happy he made some friends and had a cool trip.
>>
>>148337425
I thought SDC had tons of charm, the crew is one of my favourites and I loved the around the world in 80 days vibe, it just had pacing issues and uneven character development.
>>
>>148337552
I agree. I fucking hate how bad of a writer was in Part 3, since it had so much potential.

Avdol is one of the stupidest characters in all of JoJo, since we know absolutely nothing about him apart from him being an Egyptian fortune teller who knows a lot of shit about Stands (which isn't really true since he only knew about, like, 15 Stands).
>>
File: 1474256248746.jpg (73KB, 530x562px) Image search: [Google]
1474256248746.jpg
73KB, 530x562px
>>148332101
Well fuck you, I liked it.
>>
>>148332101
It's nowhere near as good as 1 and 2, but it's still pretty good. I actually found DIU to be the weakest part. VA is pretty weak story wise but makes up for it with some of the best stand fights in the series.

DIU was just so fucking boring and uninteresting, ironically the most entertaining parts were with the villain, and he was supposed to be a boring, normal guy on purpose. I couldn't give a shit about any of the protagonists and was disappointed that Kira lost.
>>
hands down funniest episodes of part 3 were the gambling brothers.
>>
>>148332101
Crusaders is my favorite and honestly I think it's the funniest part too, but I've never seen the anime.
>>
>>148340171
How the fuck is DiU weaker than Parts 1 or 2? This is some backwards-ass taste.
>>
>>148340244
>not the Boingo arcs where the Crusaders win by doing absolutely nothing
>>
>>148333719
Completely shit voice acting and sound effects.
>>
>>148340417
The pacing is awful, but the fights were done pretty well. DIO's World was a bit of a shitfest, though. All of the fights were basically lifted from the manga, but DIO's World in particular just didn't suit an anime form.
>>
>>148340516
Not him but I like more linear less "weekly episode" stories. VA and Crusaders are my favorite parts though, but I guess it's because they have a story more grounded right from the beggining..
>>
>>148340848
Fair enough. What do you think of JoJolion?
>>
File: jojo.gif (729KB, 495x278px) Image search: [Google]
jojo.gif
729KB, 495x278px
>>148336035
>autistic jotaro headcanon
He's still there to play the role of the cool action guy, just with an extra bit of JoJo silliness added.
>>
The first two seasons are the only ones watchable.
>>
File: img000001.png (3MB, 782x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000001.png
3MB, 782x1200px
>>148340920
He's a legitimate autist.

>>148341017
Not really.
>>
File: SHINJITERU ZE.png (56KB, 186x231px) Image search: [Google]
SHINJITERU ZE.png
56KB, 186x231px
>>148340640
SHINJITERU ZE
>>
>>148341075
Canon says he doesn't emote a lot and we've seen he doesn't open up to people very often. Lots of neurotypicals do that.
>>
>>148340920
>mostly quiet but spazzes out and starts shouting if people talk to him too much
>socially retarded
>tard strenght
>doesn't seem to understand jokes, either does them badly or asks somebody else to do it for him
>doesn't know how to express emotions
>phd in starfish watching
>>
File: SHINJITERU YO.png (34KB, 142x194px) Image search: [Google]
SHINJITERU YO.png
34KB, 142x194px
>>148341091
SHINJITERU YO
>>
>>148340516
Josuke was a terrible character, all the stands felt half assed, and nothing actually came of the entire arc besides one fat fuck dying and a salaryman getting killed in a traffic accident.

It almost felt like a bad parody of JoJo.
>>
>>148341231
How was Josuke a terrible character?
>>
>>148341172
not that guy but
>doesn't think he has to express emotions, convinced others can tell what he's feeling just by looking at him
>people mistake that for cold and rebellious
literally an aspie passing as a cool guy
>>
>>148341192
>mostly quiet but spazzes out and starts shouting if people talk to him too much
Literally happened twice in 20 years or something. Also it made girls wet.
>socially retarded
nah he doesn't talk a lot but he doesn't go spaghetti
>tard strenght
ORA
>doesn't seem to understand jokes, either does them badly or asks somebody else to do it for him

>implying the watch wasn't the hypest shit
>implying Josuke didn't fuck his line up against Atom Heart Father

>doesn't know how to express emotions
yes
>phd in starfish watching
sea is underrated desu senpai
>>
>>148341330
>Literally happened twice in 20 years or something. Also it made girls wet.
Because he's hot, literally every time people yell or talk at him a lot he either freezes up or starts shouting.
>>tard strenght
>ORA
He had tard strenght as a child before his stando manifested, as seen in the alessi fight.

That watch joke was the dumbest shit, it felt like he spent days preparing it and then kinda fumbled the execution, still funny but mostly because it's so lame and he's got a history of those.
And he's incredibly socially retarded, look at this, not only does he not know how the express emotions, he doesn't know he has to
>>148341075

I mean believe what you want, but I think him being somewhere in the aspie gradient explains a lot of the shit he does and makes him a more interesting character than just the rude cool dude.
>>
>>148341330
He can't read social situations well. He was still conscious for the sheer heart attack fight and spent that time doing nothing while koichi got his add kicked and so he could think of a good zinger about kira
>>
>>148341195
OINGO
BOINGO
BROTHERS
>>
Part 3's way better than the first just because of the fact that non-Joestar characters actually get long fights for themselves and there's more of a bro-adventure vibe. Kakyoin and Avdol were still underutilized but at least they weren't Caesar'd
>>
>>148340244
>not Bastet's Mariah
>>
>>148341647
I meant the "yelling at girls" thing doesn't mean much. Araki didn't even have his personality figured out when he wrote that scene since he's actually a stoical guy who didn't flinch at Kira or DIO's taunts. You could also argue it's a way to assert masculinity/dominance but I don't think Araki looked very far to write that scene.

>That watch joke was the dumbest shit
>>>/v/

>And he's incredibly socially retarded, look at this, not only does he not know how the express emotions, he doesn't know he has to
He does emote at times, and even shed a tear for Polpol. I'd say it's mostly/only the latter, he doesn't emote because he assumes it's unecessary, like Araki said.

>I mean believe what you want, but I think him being somewhere in the aspie gradient explains a lot of the shit he does and makes him a more interesting character than just the rude cool dude.
I'm just saying lots of neurotypicals would act similar and if nothing is stated it's still a headcanon for me. But if you think reading the character this way is more interesting, sure why not?
>>
>>148332101
Part 3 should be renamed to Polnareff's Bizarre bullying.
>>
>>148332101
I hated Jotaro until he beat the shit out of Steely Dan.
>>
>>148341017
This.
>>
Polnareff is literally the main character until the DIO fight
>>
>>148341269
Josuke isn't even character. He's just punching Stand. It's even worse than Ichigo at the end.
>>
>>148333420
How is part 2 not funny?
>Joseph's retarded combat strategies
>Gayest villains in the series
>Santana bending himself to go through the air vents
>Stroheim is resurrected and has a gatling dick
>Caesar's fucking jump just to sit on a chair
>Wamuu's severed head making one last speech
>Pillar men poses and clothes are 11/10 on the homo scale
>>
>>148342219
It's not really intentionally funny, though.
>>
>>148342219
Part 2s comedy was mainly just from everything being over the top

Part 3 had so many stand-of-the-week episodes that pretty much the beginning and end of each one was dedicated to comedy
>>
>>148342208
He's way worse than Ichigo, at least Ichigo actually fights his enemies and doesn't leave it to automobiles and his nephew.
>>
>>148341958
>I meant the "yelling at girls" thing doesn't mean much.
He also compliments the plane crew on not screaming because he hates it when people scream and yells at his mom and grandpa for talking to him all the time.
>a stoical guy who didn't flinch at Kira or DIO's taunts
he looked like he was having war flashbacks when he fought kira
>I'd say it's mostly/only the latter, he doesn't emote because he assumes it's unecessary, like Araki said.
I'd say that's worse, every neuro knows people can't magically read your mind to understand what you're feeling it's like object permanence but with the mind.
And he definitely has problems with expressing himself, he apparently couldn't even express his love for his daughter even though he obviously cares about her a fuckton, probably also why his marriage didn't last. Being emotionally stunted to this extent, when it's ruining your life isn't normal.

>I'm just saying lots of neurotypicals would act similar and if nothing is stated it's still a headcanon for me. But if you think reading the character this way is more interesting, sure why not?
I mean obviously, but I think it's a believable theory.
>>
>>148342642
>He also compliments the plane crew on not screaming because he hates it when people scream
Wasn't the plane crashing? Plus, it was at the time Araki didn't figure out what he'd do with Stardust Crusaders.
>yells at his mom and grandpa for talking to him all the time.
He did trashtalk his mom at the beginning but it seemed to be more delinquent edge than anything else.

>he looked like he was having war flashbacks when he fought kira
That's what the meme videos told because Kira said muda and started counting seconds. But you got my point, he changed personality during the part (same goes for Avdol) because Araki is kind of a hack
>Jolyne
He spent his time outside fighting DIO's legacy. Not many people could've handled family with that burden.
>>
>>148342955
>Wasn't the plane crashing? Plus, it was at the time Araki didn't figure out what he'd do with Stardust Crusaders.
He specially said he's thanking them because he hates screaming.
>delinquent edge
Ties in with the "doesn't know people can't tell how he really feels so he comes across as a cold rebel" thing. Holy does call him a sweet boy though, so maybe she's enabling this delusion.
Didn't even notice the muda, but he looked like that dog gif somebody shooped war fotage over. That's neat though, even though it's hard to tell if it was deliberate with Araki.
>He spent his time outside fighting DIO's legacy. Not many people could've handled family with that burden.
His interactions with her in part 6 are awkward as hell, even if it was obvious to the reader that he cares. I remember the scene where Annasui asks him to marry her and he just kinda awkwardly grabs her.

Yeah Araki writes stuff a week at a time and often forgets whole characters and subplots, but I think Jotaro's been pretty consistent.
>>
>>148343460
>Holy does call him a sweet boy though, so maybe she's enabling this delusion.
He's a legit delinquent though. Beats up randoms and even teachers. Calling your mother a bitch comes with the bundle. At least in part 3.
>His interactions with her in part 6 are awkward as hell
Yeah, no shit. It's not like he can go and hug her, for both practical and relational reasons.

>I remember the scene where Annasui asks him to marry her and he just kinda awkwardly grabs her.
iirc he didn't believe his ears and more or less refused because talking about marriage while the universe is ending isn't a great idea
>>
>>148342219
>Gayest villains in the series
Fucking animeonlyfags
>>
>>148343643
>>148343460
>>148342955
>>148342642
these are all compelling arguments but your forgot
>wears leather shoes with no socks
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.