[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shigofumi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 18

Just finished it. Why did this masterpiece never gets any discussion?
>Immortal lolis delivering letters from the dead.
>Proper handling of dark themes (prostitution, child abuse, bullying, parental abandonment) without being too grimdark.
>Excellent, unexpected continuity despite the show's initial episodic nature.
>Proper closure that resolved everything properly.
>Male 'MC' (he's more of a side character but w/e) that's alpha enough to confess.

Personally I like Sumika's episode and the cat episode the best. I initially hated the staffs' chatter but grew to like them the way through. The only minus is that fucking dated Jam Project OP. What about yours, anon?
>>
>never gets any discussion?
why do you people ask this
if you've been on /a/ and lurked it's obvious
airing shows will always be talked about more
all discussion has pretty much been had on it during original airing years
there's no need for the series with no new material to constantly have threads
pops up all the time in "forgotten anime", "hidden gem", "series only you remember", "series only you have seen" and etc threads
>>
>>148328201
People don't like the ending here, but I quite enjoyed Shigofumi a lot. It's definitely an underrated series that people tend to overlook.
>>
>>148328201
>Why did this masterpiece never gets any discussion
This quote 100% of the time means "I wasn't here when it aired". Why not just make your thread discussing the show instead of adding this worthless line?
>>
>>148328336
No, Shigofumi is one of those few actually underrated and underdiscussed anime. It's every bit as good as Kino no Tabi but most have never heard of it.
>>
It aired 8 years ago, people discussed it but there's no real reason to talk about it every day. I liked the show I'd say it's in my top 5 but anything that could be discussed has been discussed years ago.
>>
>>148328339
People hated the ending? Can you elaborate? I found it perfect. It's not all sugar sweet since Fumi still faces social ostractization from her status, but it's largely implied that she'll be fine. And her father got what's coming. We even get closure for the one-off individuals at episode 12 credits.

I was really mad when they let him go scot-free midway through the show, I'm so conditioned to open endings that I never expected Fumi to wake up ever again by the end of the season.

>>148328416
I'm trying.
>>
>>148328497
Did you even attempt to read the archive?
>>
File: ten times better with sound.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ten times better with sound.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>148328539
I'm going through it as you speak. It seems people said that the last few episodes are 'weak' (and the contrived shit like plastic bottle fire), And I do admit that the confrontation between Fumi and Mika at episode 12 didn't make me feel as emotional as it should've.

Still a 9/10 in my book.
>>
>>148328736
They just sat in front of each other and cried.
It felt really alienating to me how they didn't try to make more physical contact if they were so important to each other.
>>
>>148328875
It was a time when /a/ freaked out when there's implied yuri in one of the episodes. It's funny that now we have four (allegedly) implied yuri shows in one season.

I think at that point they also tried to stay out of each other's way. Each acknowledging that the other wants to lead their own lives. They then warmed up to each other in the final episode when Mika came to get what Fumi is exactly doing with her life.
>>
I want Fumika to send me a letter!
>>
>>148329511
But who died?
>>
>>148329540
Anon's waifu.
>>
File: 1474346340027.jpg (321KB, 900x1259px) Image search: [Google]
1474346340027.jpg
321KB, 900x1259px
>>148329511
>>
File: 021.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
021.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>148329582
>>148329511
>Less than 100 instances of fanart in danbooru
This level of underappreciation is almost illegal.
>>
>>148328201
It was really good, but as other people said, it would've been a lot better if the second half (and thus the main plot) had been executed better. The episodic chapters were pretty much spot on, and while they obviously had to transition to the main plot at some point, I would've honestly welcomed more such disconnected chapters instead.

Any rating between 8.5-9 would be just about spot on for it.

Chiaki a qt.
>>
Wasn't one of the characters pleasing men for money
>>
>>148330028
Episode one, she literally did nothing wrong stabbing what people expect to be the generic beta MC is not a wrong thing.and had it worst compared to the muh bullying and societal expectations that plagued most of the other characters.
>>
>>148328416
I can't fault him for it given the low quality of most of the threads on here (and of most airing shows) as of late. Even if it's rehashing "old" content, threads like this are refreshing and break the memey, trashy monotony of the board.
>>
>muh letter after death
>muh dark themes
more like shitgofumi
>>
>>148328201
>Jam Project OP

holy shit please do not confused ali project and jam project.
>>
>>148328201
Because it's old as shit, you just born way too late to talk about it
People also never talk about Jigoku Shoujo
>>
I need to recommend it to more people. A former friend of mine loved it and I know a few others who would enjoy it too. It's almost unheard of though, whether on here or elsewhere, which I find very odd.
>>
>>148331665
It's probably overshadowed by things like Aria the Origination in its airing season.
>>
i cried at episode 10
>>
>GOAT tier
Rocket arc

>Great tier
Cancer arc
Suicide arc
Blonde loli flashback

Shit tier
>Main plot
>>
You died.

You're given a Shigofumi stamp, your only one. What do you sent (and what is written if it's a letter), who is the mailman you trust with it, and to whom it's addressed?
>>
File: omake_01.jpg (892KB, 1049x711px) Image search: [Google]
omake_01.jpg
892KB, 1049x711px
>>148328433
Being underrated and underdiscussed is different from a show "never getting any discussion" as the OP implied.

Also, I loved this show, probably still one of my favorites, but I think you and OP may be overselling it a little.
>>
>>148328201
We loved it back then.

The amount of feels over the video game developer and the rocket episode.
>>
>>148328201
Because it's old and in most cases people will shitfling you for 'rec thread'. Not to mention I can't remember shit about this anime other than I liked it but I was at entry level back then so hard to tell how will I feel about it now.
>>
>>148333538
It's hyperbole, but he's not entirely wrong. For how good it is, even if I agree that people like the OP are overselling it, it's gotten nowhere near enough discussion over the years and is now basically unheard of.
>>
>>148333471
>To
Christopher 'moot' Poole
>Mailman
Fumika in a school swimsuit.
By
>anon (or my real name since Shigofumi can't lie)
>Contents
Asuka a shit.
>>
File: 213541532.jpg (44KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
213541532.jpg
44KB, 600x338px
It's not talked about much but Chiaki is often posted in waifu threads and there are a couple scenes used sometimes when Keit-Ai comes up.
>>
Honestly, Shigofumi is one of the few anime that would benefit greatly from a reboot. Assuming it won't be buttfucked by the censors like the original series, current J.C. Staff can do much much better.
>>
I honestly can't remember anything from it, but I apparently rated it a 7/10 after finishing it, so it must've been pretty good.
>>
>>148335377
It's strangely unmemorable while still being great in the moment.
>>
>masterpiece
The main arc was so terrible.
When half of the show is shit that is a problem.
>>
File: 1206952983991.jpg (14KB, 528x297px) Image search: [Google]
1206952983991.jpg
14KB, 528x297px
>>148335415
>The main arc was so terrible.
It really was. Should have left it at the semi conclusion around episode 7 or 8 and finished off with more episodic stories or a new arc.
>>
>>148328201
I gotta say, Shigofumi surprised me because I thought the MC wouldnt get any character development and would mostly be just a plot device for the messages.
>>
>>148335415
>>148335563
I disagree. Shigofumi go further than where most anime would've ended (episode 08) and I respect it for that. Sure it's not as good as the one-shot chapters but it's there.
>>
>>148329944
Pretty much this. The main plot was shit and should've stuck to it's prior episodic nature. A shame to see a really good anime ruined by something which could've been easily avoided.

Mika a qt.
>>
File: chiaki smoke.gif (523KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
chiaki smoke.gif
523KB, 540x304px
>>148335126
>Chiaki is often posted in waifu threads
That's me!
>>
>>148337955
I don't know if it specifically could've been avoided, but it sure as hell could've been done better at least. I normally don't even like episodic shows, so I thought it straying from that path would make things even better given how much I loved the first half, but I just ended up being disappointed in the end.

And yeah, Mika was great too.
>>
The funniest thing about this thread is that it's the longest discussion thread about Shigofumi with an explicit subject field ever.
>>
>>148339750
Good. It deserves this much at least.
>>
>>148339750
You mean the threads didn't even hit bump limit back when it was airing too?
>>
>>148341712
/a/ was a different place in 2008.
>>
>Why did this masterpiece never gets any discussion?
Just fuck off.

>masterpiece
As everyone already said main arc was fucking awful. It dragged down the whole show. Nearly every other arc was great though, first episodes especially. Music was pretty good too, repetetive a bit sadly.

One of the strongest examples of wasted potential.
>>
File: omake_BOX_01.jpg (1MB, 1836x1960px) Image search: [Google]
omake_BOX_01.jpg
1MB, 1836x1960px
At least the Kuroboshi art was great.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.