[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ergo Proxy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ergo-proxy-01-19.jpg (34KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
ergo-proxy-01-19.jpg
34KB, 704x396px
What went wrong after episode 15?
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>148260037
Is this show worth watching? Been on my radar a while now
>>
>>148260470
It's really good until episode 15
>>
>>148260037
It tried to be too deep.
>>
>>148262766
Go back to playing Metal Gear: Rising while crying in /v/ threads about LOVIN LORE when this show is nothing but story the ENTIRE FUCKING TIME.

I'll take bait on this show any fucking day. Anything to avoid the plauge of modern anime lolicon. If you ever wonder why Anime sucks now, it's literally your fault.
>>
>>148264208
Is this copypasta?
>>
>>148264359
Was that too well-constructed for you?
>>
16, the ep where they're stranded, is probably my favorite of the series.
>>
The only reason I suffered through this as long as I did was that it was the first 720P anime I could find subs for and it looked impressive visually.
>>
i just finished it and >>148262766
this is completely true
it becomes confusing as fuck
>>
>>148260037
Dai Satou can't actually execute his ideas, that's fucking what. The guy would be best left to writing episodes, where he can be kept in check, not put in charge of whole series.
>>
>>148266778
>execution
>the problem of the screenwriter and not the director

It's literally his one job. Dai Satou is gold as usual in Ergo Proxy and let down once more by the director, just like Champloo. Watanabe is great, but Champloo really drove home his pitfalls as a director. He at least corrected himself in Dandy.

>pro-tip: Watanbe did storyboards for Proxy
>>
>>148267184
When the poor execution is on such a macro level as in EP, that's the screenwriter's fault. Your job isn't to throw out random ideas and let the director make a story.

> Dai Satou is gold as usual
The best thing he's ever been head writer for is Kaitou Joker, come on. Everything else is either a shakily-constructed mess (EP, Freedom, to a lesser extent E7), or straight up garbage (Battle Spirits, Dai fucking Shogun).

> just like Champloo
I don't remember any particularly poor directing in his episodes of Champloo.
>>
>>148267459
I'm very curious as to what you think on a macro-level didn't work for EP? The worst part of the series was the horrible pacing towards to the end.

>an unstoppable god manifesting his self-conflict in a pathetic human shell
>the salty cunt princess who actually is a beta-orbiter that falls in love with him
>The literal child who actually acts childlike instead of teenager-ish in a small body to promote sexual undertones for viewers

All while they basically complete Vincent's Purpose, with the series ending with the original humans coming back, and probably trying to kill Vincent. In a Sequel, I imagine Vincent tries to "protect" his found family and rips half that ship or more a new one.
>>
>>148260037
It couldn't decide whether it wanted to be Sci Fi or Philosphical and tried to be both. It either needed to go all the way like Serial Experiments Lain, or work on pacing and plot more. It felt like two different shows.
>>
>>148267995
>Serial Experiments Lain
>good

h-here we go.
>>
>>148267995
This
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.