[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Almost got killed by Lancer like a cattle in the first episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: PEOPLE_DIE_IF_THEY_ARE_KILLED.jpg (23KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
PEOPLE_DIE_IF_THEY_ARE_KILLED.jpg
23KB, 640x368px
>Had no magical training because his father wouldn't teach him magic but still manages to outskill heroes
>Manages to beat the King of Heroes just because "he wasn't taking the battle seriously"

Shirofags desperately trying to defend their Gary Stu
>>
>>148237348
Fate isn't DBZ powerlevels. The Shirou who beat Gil would still get wrecked by Lancer.
>>
>>148237348
iirc, he was a martial arts fag who did well in kendo and archery. That should earn him some points
>>
>>148237581
Enough to defeat Gil?
Well either everyone else Gil fought against was an imbecile or Shiro is very mary sue.
>>
>>148237680
Yes lets dismiss all other explanations out of hand. They are the only two.
>>
>>148237680
Reason why he won doesn't really matter to me. He has background in martial arts and gets thought by a Saber class servant as well as being somewhat hardworking.That's enough reason for chinese entertainment
>>
>>148237680
>muh Mary Sue
Every single time he managed to successfully beat someone's ass, it was only because someone else was helping him.
Exceptions being Archer, where it was more of a battle of ideals and in which Archer was weakened, and Gil, because hard counters are, in fact, hard counters. Plus Gil being an idiot.
>>
File: EMIYA.jpg (385KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
EMIYA.jpg
385KB, 800x1200px
>>148237348
The analysis ("tracing") and reinforcement magic established from the very beginning as the only thing he excels at are the basis for his abilities.

>Had no magical training because his father wouldn't teach him magic but still manages to outskill heroes
He can read the experience and techniques of his opponents and especially their weapons, and copies them. That is the only reason he doesn't fucking die immediately trying to fight a Servant for any length of time. He NEVER outskills a Servant on his own in a fair fight.

>Manages to beat the King of Heroes just because "he wasn't taking the battle seriously"
Yes, Gilgamesh is literally the most proud asshole in all of human history, so he still refused to acknowledge Shirou as a proper threat even when the no-name magus pulled a Reality Marble out of his ass. Unlimited Blade Works just happens to be a hard counter to Gate of Babylon because it can reproduce weapons faster than Gate of Babylon can throw them out, and by the time Gilgamesh had the chance to realize this it was too late.
Gilgamesh failed because of his fatal flaw of pride, just as he did in his own legend.
>>
>>148237348
Gil's only power is that he inherited a bunch of nice toys from his gay daddy.
>>
>>148237348
How come every Fate thread made on /a/ is a bait or waifu thread?
>>
>>148237348
>>Manages to beat the King of Heroes just because "he wasn't taking the battle seriously"

Except that's wrong you retard. Shirou happened to be Gilgamesh natural nemesis because of his skills, that's why he wins. Just as Gilgamesh happened to be Berserker's natural nemesis, hence why he curbstomped him.
>>
>>148238358
That's all we have until we get the Kaleid and Heaven's Feel movies.
>>
>>148238358
Because Fate is garbage and everyone knows that.
>>
There are lots of reasons to dislike Shirou, him being a "Gary Stu" isn't one of them.
Dude survives most of his encounters from actual plot armor. I mean, without Avalon, he wouldn't have even survived the first encounter with Berserker. And Lancer does kill him; his being revived by Rin is pretty vital to the story, for obvious reasons.
But Shirou fails a lot. And dies in multiple bad ends. And even in HF's true end, his body still gets fucked beyond repair. He makes tons of mistakes and even if he succeeds on average, it's not like he achieves victory through willpower alone. Didn't you see him do the high jump?
>>
File: waifu.jpg (894KB, 3400x4800px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
894KB, 3400x4800px
>>148238358
Because we've been talking about it for twelve years
>>
>implying shirou is relevant

Are you new here, OP? Self-insert MC's are unimpressive so that any bottom-tier faggut can say, "I could do that better". As long as the series has clear goals and short term problems, an athletic or intelligent person could imagine quashing the short term barriers and achieve victory. Basically in order to like this kind of thing you have to use your imagination (nani?!?!?!?!?) and not sweat the details since the actual MC is a fagget and will fumble around a lot. Just keep in mind that all actions have reactions so swapping yourself for the MC will have many consequences that more or less invalidate MC's failings.

That being said, fuck ufotable and their attempt at a child and tv friendly UBW route. Go read the VN or just stop talking about this garbage. Substance improves this shit severely and so any attempt at an anime is going to feel lacking and ends feeling mundane.
>>
File: I am the bone of my sword.jpg (42KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
I am the bone of my sword.jpg
42KB, 800x600px
>>148240126
>Shirou
>self-insert
I find it so easy to relate to autistic childhood trauma victims
>>
>>148237348
I agree with you. It's the main reason that ubw is my least favorite routd.
>>
>>148237555
Then why don't Lancer defeats Gil?
>>
>>148241483
Exactly.
>>
Weren't the weapons from Unlimited Blade Works one rank inferior to the originals ? One rank is apparently a big deal in the Fate universe.
>>
>>148241483
Because "LOL divinity", read the VN man.
>>
>>148237348
>Gary Stu
>>
>>148237348

Read the VN, he has magical trainning but it was so poor that still under any conditions will shirou end up being a shit magus.

>outskill heroes
He does not, the only people he success to surpass is Gil and Archer.
>>
>avalon
>archers experience and RM
>archers literal arm (hf only)

there, this answers any and all questions as to why a "normal" human can do what he does in FSN. if you weren't a faggot secondary pleb retard, you would know this already though
>>
>>148241483
Gil have few op items, like those chains who become stronger then stronger his opponents are.
>>
>>148244706
So is Fate a Rock-Paper-Scissors series?
>>
>>148244706
Enkidu gets stronger the higher the divinity rank of the opponent is.
Against a normal human it's nothing but a chain.
>>
>>148244823
No, he answered imprecisely.
This guy >>148243353 is closer.

Basically, Gil's golden chains are designed to restrain gods, and are nigh-impossible to break free of if you are a god or of divine lineage (like Berserker or Lancer) They're still a noble phantasm against humans and non-divine Servants, but are easier to get rid of.

Berserker pulled it off by brute strength and willpower, but it's very doubtful Lancer could do it.

Compatibility usually matters very little in Fate (especially when Noble Phantasms exist) except for Archer/Gil and class-related issues such as Saber vs Caster (Saber's A-rank Magic Resistance generally makes it really hard for Caster to do anything).
>>
Proving once again that "Mary Sue" and "Gary stu" are meaningless terms.
>>
>>148245093
>Compatibility usually matters very little in Fate

Fate is all about compatability.
>>
>>148245121
"Mary Sue" = girl I don't like
"Gary Stu" = guy I don't like

That's all the meaning it needs.
>>
>>148240126
>Shirou is a self-incert

Will you keep posting your retarded headcanon that's been debunked 1000 times in every single Fate related thread?
>>
>>148240289
That's what the average 4chan user is, no matter the board though.
>>
>>148241483
>Paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, therefore paper should beat scissors
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.