[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Japan so bad at writing endings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: 1475703379207.jpg (354KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1475703379207.jpg
354KB, 1920x2160px
Why is Japan so bad at writing endings?
>>
>>148232141
Because money
>>
>>148232141
Who is Japan?
>>
File: Epilogue_LittleChina.jpg (887KB, 1920x4320px) Image search: [Google]
Epilogue_LittleChina.jpg
887KB, 1920x4320px
>>148232141
Most characters got a happy ending.
>>
File: 1475703675977.jpg (1MB, 1920x6480px) Image search: [Google]
1475703675977.jpg
1MB, 1920x6480px
https://p.fuwafuwa.moe/rjvdtw.webm
https://p.fuwafuwa.moe/nmgrnx.webm

Rachel won. That alone make me happy.
>>
>>148232141
>>"bad"
I think you meant "good marketing" They know you'll complain, but the sequel anyway if it's ever announced. Even if a sequel never gets produced. You'll still be sold on the source material, which is what most shows are made to promote anyways.
>>
It's the best ending for ragna.
No ones gonna hurt him anymore
>>
> Ragna forgotten
> Arakune dead after 8 years of Litchi's bullshit despite the constant reminder and the option to fucking save him at the end is turned down (8 years, Mori. EIGHT YEARS)
> Tsubaki and there are two.
> Tsubaki Hakumen (why Mori?)
> Mai being mainly irrelevant (Why the shoehorn? Come on Mori, making her playable and shit)
> Naoto also becoming irrelevant (Come on)
> Celica dead and dead. (Fuck you Mori, why bring her back if she has no use anymore especially since the lynchpin was not used? All she ended being is a love interest and confessing to Ragna before she went poof! And don't get me started on her being playable)
> Carl all alone (You deserve it, EVEN THOUGH WE WENT THROUGH EIGHT YEARS OF YOUR BULLSHIT FOR MUH SISTER AND NOW SHE ENDS UP GONE FOREVER. FUCK YOU MORI, WHERE'S THE FUCKING PAYOFF WITH THIS CHARACTER?)
> Hibiki irrelevant (why is he playable again?)
> Azrael frozen (why is he in the story? What was the point?)
> The trolls live on (why Mori?)
> Nuns everywhere (What is with churches and everyone becoming nuns? Fuck you Mori and your nun fetish)
MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>148232141
?

Explain this image
>>
>>148234657
Also,
> Relius gets away with everything (Why Mori?)
> Taokaka irrelevant (I forget why she was even in the story, she was forgotten in chrono phantasma half way into the story.)
> Kagura was nerfed
> Bullet still irrelevant (why was she involved in the story and gameplay in the first place?)
> Amane is known to be a great observer for some damn reason. Why? (Mori, what was the point of this character?)
>>
>>148232141
I take this as the franchise being a huge pile of shit right?
>>
>>148232141
'cause they're fucking incompetent assholes
>>
>Tsubaki Hakumen

Why is this allowed?
>>
Because they usually jump over the finish line so they can milk the series and make more money.
>>
>>148237830
Happy for Hakumen but is Tsubaki okay with that?
>>
Because they rather spend fucking a million hours chasing "baka onii chan" then spend the fucking decent ending.
>>
>>148234657
>Arakune dead
While bullshit assuming its something like her realizing he would rather die than remember he killed so many then I can see why she left him dead
>Mai being irrelevant
Should have always been obvious it was just manga promotion
>Carl all alone
He deserved it and its karmic justice

Rest is bullshit though I agree. I imagine at least the ragna thing will be fixed in some LN spinoff bs
>>
>>148236847
No, the franchise is great.
>>
>>148238333
Well was. I don't get why mori thought adding even more charas was a good idea for one. They striked a perfect balance before the 3rd game and then it became a cluttered mess. As evident by the fact half of the cast got shit on and ended up accomplishing nothing
>>
>>148238382
You do realize this is a fighting game, right? Every version needs a bunch of new characters to be added. 35 characters isn't that many for a fighting game; some have around 50.
>>
>>148238416
And theres a way to solve that without messing up the story. Usually fighting games have fuck all for a story but blazblue is different in that regard
>>
>>148238382
>>148238416
>>148238474
AND HE STILL NEVER ADDED JUBEI
>>
>>148238474
FUCKING HIBIKI
>jin got shelved for his worthless ass
>>
>>148238506
Jubei is too short.

I still don't understand why some people are so obsessed with that cat. Just play Tao; he appears when she does her Astral.
>>
>expecting ALL of them to have a happy end
You know, even if I would love something like that, it's not always possible. You got characters that achieved their reason to be (Bang recovering all of Ikaruga to re-build), characters that didn't achieved it but they decided to move on (Litchi for obvious reasons), characters that didn't achieved what they wanted and they are left in an open ending (Carl and Nirvana), and then character like Ragna, who managed to get what they wanted at some price, but it's actually one of the better endings for them despite that I wanted something better.
>random
Why people post that he is fucking his sister for eternity?
>also
Susanooh is best monster fighter character, they really nailed it with that design
>>
>>148234657
I agree with a lot of your points but some are just stupid complaints.
> Tsubaki Hakumen (why Mori?)
This is not a surprise, given her character.
> Mai being mainly irrelevant (Why the shoehorn? Come on Mori, making her playable and shit)
Manga promo. She's also side material, this is the lasts BB for a while.
> Naoto also becoming irrelevant (Come on)
LN promo. More side material being tied in for the last game.
> Celica dead and dead.
Only reason she came back is to appeal to fans. She had no role in the story originally, she existed just to sell CP.
> The trolls live on (why Mori?)
So they can be used in sequels, obviously.
>>
>>148238553
>Gee, I don't understand why people don't want one character that's super relevant to the plot in a lot of senses, directly related to a ton of characters and also considered one of the most huge badasses in the whole series playable
C'mon man. Don't be purposely dense.
>>
>>148238572
Litchi is the only one that annoys me. Didn't Arakune mindwipe her of him? That's not moving on at all.
>>
>>148238382
>I don't get why mori thought adding even more charas
It's a fighting game, genius. More characters is what gets people to buy it.
The majority of BB players play it for the gameplay, not the characters. This is especially true in Japan where it's one of the most popular arcade games.
They can't get stores to buy new cabs or players to buy new discs just by releasing more story. The characters are the major selling point, I guarantee you people will buy CF now just to play Susanoo.
>>
>>148238508
Does Jin's and Noel's special snowflake powers ever even amount to anything

I mean they spent two games building up that shit
>>
File: Kajun and Mai.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kajun and Mai.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>148238309
Team Remix Heart having a reunion was nice. Plus seeing the main characters of two manga spinoffs appearing in the main story and learning what they did after its conclusion was good too.

Arakune's story wasn't handled very well. It's revealed that he knew how to cure himself all along but chose not to. He instead cures Litchi, erases himself from her memory and then dies. Which is also what he had done in one of the alternate endings of CS.
>>
>>148232141
>implying the ending was the only wrong thing with the Blazblue story
It's been shit since the start, hunny.
>>
>>148238819
>Litchi wanted to save Arakune but didn't know how, she was also infected
>she is saved instead by the same Roy, knowing the cure but decides to use it on Litchi
I call it a tragic romantic end
>>148238900
I bet you are a Guilty Gear fag
>>
>>148238953
No, Roy could have saved them both, but chose to die. And that ending means that Litchi didn't develop as a character or grow from her experiences; she just reverted to what she was before the story even happened.
>>
>>148234657
>>148234870
My only complaint is that there's no closure with Terumi or Relius. They both basically got away scotfree while the heroes sacrificed so much.

It feels like a hollow and pointless ending.
>>
>>148239066
Terumi is deader than dead. Relius had all his plans completely destroyed.
>>
>>148239092
Terumi can come back and possess Ragna.
>>
>>148239140
You shouldn't believe every crackpot theory you read online.
>>
File: 8tZnxYP.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8tZnxYP.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfYuY07KR9Q

>Izanami's groveling before she dies
>Jin trying to force himself to keep fighting to stop Ragna
>Saya being scared and Ragna calming her down that he'll always be there with her
>Es getting rekted by Susanoh Terumi

Damn son.
>>
>>148239092
>Relius had all his plans completely destroyed.
Does that mean he become a rotten shell?
>>
>>148239092
What happened to Haku-Men? Did he died/vanished when Terumi took back the Sussano'o unit?
>>
>>148239160
>that last match Ragna vs Jin
Shit... this game is the feels and it kinda mimics other series, matter fact, it reminds me of KOF 97, how after Orochi's defeat, if you use Japan Team, you get an extra match with Kyo vs Iori
>>
>>148239668
Jumped back in the susano'o to fling it into the caldron so Trinity didn't have to, Trinity finally passes on knowing that Terumi is dead, Celica is dead, Nine is dead, Platinum is taken care of and that the world will turn towards a new tomorrow. It's actually sad how Trinity dies all alone after Ragna leaves and Hakumen leaves.
>>
File: Susanoh.jpg (160KB, 581x581px) Image search: [Google]
Susanoh.jpg
160KB, 581x581px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNy1aRnUn-M
>if you use Susanooh and win, he say "WARE WIN" which means I WIN
>I am unyielding strength.
>I am unstoppable force. I am all-encompassing.
>I am the blade of the gods that tears all to shreds.
>I am takehaya-Susanoo-no-Mikoto.
>The end has come.
I didn't know how necesary was Susanoh until now
>>
>>148237896
>Happy for Hakumen
You misunderstand, she's from a cycle where Jin was the one that died and Tsubaki became Hakumen. Our Tsubaki got a new job offered to her in the reformed NOL.
>>
>>148239914
>she's from a cycle where Jin was the one that died and Tsubaki became Hakumen

That's nothing but speculation.
>>
>>148239987
This. We don't know where the fuck she came from and we likely won't until Mori releases the next tale of the azure. This isn't over by a long shot, just Ragna being a force in the series is. Through it's going to be strange without him here anymore but if Persona 3 characters can still hang out without Makoto being around I'm sure the rest of the cast can as well. I feel bad for Izanami, did you hear those screams and Hanases? She really didn't want to die. How ironic that the goddess of death fears death to such an extent? How fitting that Terumi, doesn't fear death at all and instead spites Ragna in his final moments while laughing insanely? At least now we know exactly who he is now so his mystery is gone and we still have Hazama and Relius.
>>
>>148232876
>heart-eyes
>>
>>148232141
>ending
Nigga there's an epilogue scene with Ragna's sword gone and a teaser about Alpha.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1i6IZKQs_Y

>LET ME SHOW YOU THE POWER OF A GOD
Susanooh as a villain needs merchandise
>>
>>148238553
blazblue is just a shitty guilty gear, and that game had kilff who would come up to about the waist of every other character

the only reason he isn't playable is because mori is a hack and/or a shameless sellout that will only add a character if it makes them money off some kind of fanbase, this is why every single character added after valk was either just waifu pandering, a character from a spinoff, a blatant reference to a super popular anime series or fujoshi bait
>>
>>148233292
I agree.

A hug is more than what more shows get in romantic anything nowadays. Still wished they kissed and possibly held hands though.
>>
File: Dickeds.jpg (309KB, 678x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dickeds.jpg
309KB, 678x800px
Bumping
>>
>>148242102
She can pray to Kaminii-sama in heaven for someone to save her
>>
File: Ragna Ludger.jpg (66KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
Ragna Ludger.jpg
66KB, 500x448px
>>148242145
>Kaminisama
But yeah, also Ludger.
>>
>>148242102
You again.
>>
>>148232141
Wow, they are really lacking. Except their HIPPU
>>
>>148232141
why is japan so bad at english?
>>
>>148232141
Japanese don't care about how something ends, they care about the journey.
>>
yuasa knows how to do endings
>>
>tfw more sad about the fact that there will be no more Bururaji radio

>tfw even more upset that not even half of them wont get subbed.
>>
>>148248132
It'll probably be revived years later when they restart the series like Guilty Gear.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.