[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime industry is growing strong thanks to chinese streaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: 無題2.jpg (237KB, 1018x720px) Image search: [Google]
無題2.jpg
237KB, 1018x720px
Anime industry is growing strong thanks to chinese streaming sites.

Why the West doesnt watch anime legal way?
We are not contributing to the industy.
>>
>>148221392
blue:live entertainment. yellow:pachinko. Brown:overseas. beige:music. green:merch. dark brown:streaming. purple:video packages. light blue:movie. red:TV.
>>
Plenty of people use Crunchyroll.
>>
Streaming is limited and the technology behind it is still far from perfect.
Physical copies are too expensive and still come in volumes with like 2 episodes each.

If there was a streaming site that had everything modern as well as everything old, in great quality with a great player, people would use it more than crunchyroll's prime selection of who cares bullshit.

Similarly if anime was sold at $40 for a full season on blu-ray, people would buy the fuck out of it.

Why doesn't china care about those things?
They're still used to watching the latest movies on VCD on a CRT, they just don't care about quality.

There are reasons why Japan doesn't make things more affordable, but frankly they should just give up and change.
>>
File: pihoi.png (71KB, 923x624px) Image search: [Google]
pihoi.png
71KB, 923x624px
>>148221621

the fact is this.
>>
>>148221599
Just remake the image with translations.
>>
There are enough people paying money for anime streams so that we pirates can parasite it.
And sometimes, us pirates even buyfag stuff we like.

Business is working.

Now let's go back to measure our dicks over the internet who contributes more than the other.
>>
>>148221392
We got used to watch it for free because there was no service to deliver, so a fansub culture emerged and all.

Or maybe it's just they have a strong gov. If they can ban google, they can ban some aime site...
>>
>>148221392
Because if I used crunchyroll A) I'd have to stream and B) I wouldn't be supporting the industry anyway
>>
So in 2009, CR starts simulcasting
And in 2009, contributions from overseas almost halve.
What's up with that?
>>
Despite what /a/ bitches about, anime is still an incredibly niche and underground hobby in the west. While you might fill up a convention center for an anime con, that's still only a few thousand people. Literally tens of millions of people watch football, which is why it's a multi-billion dollar industry. Anime consumption in the west is rising, but very slowly (mostly because anime has an image problem in the west thanks to the type of people who watch it, and additionally due to the generally prevalent fanservice which the west generally condemns).
>>
Crap shows like Bubuki Buranki had 8 million view per episode on an average chinese site.
>>
>>148223850
Naruto has been streamed more than 8 billion times. No surprise, China is the true savior of anime.
http://www.tudou.com/albumcover/Lqfme5hSolM.html
>>
File: 1462912559427.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462912559427.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>he doesn't buy anime
>>
>>148223435
Financial crisis, i guess.
>>
File: 13111910.gif (123KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
13111910.gif
123KB, 320x180px
>>148221392
>paying for worse subtitles and video than I can download for free
Why would I?
I do go watch anime movies whenever they show ones I like in theaters though.
>>
>>148223221
When is the CR doesn't help the industry meme stop?
>>
>>148221392
link to the full pdf report?
>>
>>148221392
>growing

¥/$ depreciated
>>
>>148227573
not yet released.
I found the data on this site.
http://animationbusiness.info/archives/721
>>
>no one knows what ¥ depreciation is

Lmao these dumbfucks

¥/$ went from 76 in 2012 to 123 in 2015.

That's a 45% depreciation.
Therefore, the overseas sales in ¥ terms should have at least grown 45%.

Also, it seems like they didn't measure certain markets (China/ASEAN) before 2008. That leaves out a significant amount of revenue they used to have in the past but didn't count.
>>
>>148227862
okay thanks anon.

>>148227871
Wouldn't the depreciation and inflation "the lack of" be already accounted when auditing the whole thing in comparison to the previous years?
>>
>>148227479
When CR starts helping the industry in a significant way.
>>
>>148228658
Well they can and can't at the same time. Since they have to earn money for their private investor.

Though they have made some changes to the whole company directive as of this year.

With the partnership with kadokawa and the announcement of anime projects being partial to fully funded by crunchyroll.

Eg. Children of Ether
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-07/cannon-busters-lesean-thomas-crunchyroll-collaborate-on-children-of-ether-project/.107355

luluco is another anime partially funded by CR.

These sort of funding to new or established anime IP will becoming more a common occurrence. Since CR want to slowly transition into a content creator like netflix. And this is also a move against tencent's animation snowball movement that's going on in china.
>>
>Why dont we pay for anime
Because its inconvenient and makes watching harder as multiple sites show different shows. Also quality can be shitty
>>
>>148228216
No. These are nominal figures.

Literally no company adjusts for inflation. It looks worse
>>
inb4 /pol/ tier china hate thread
>>
>>148221392
Wow, the BD/DVD market dropped like a rock last year, huh?
>>
>>148223850
Really? No wonder it has a 2nd season.
>>
>That meme about rokka no sales being popular in the chink stream sites
>Amounted to nothing and still was a failure, staff even made a public apology for it
>>
File: 1471888732483.png (191KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
1471888732483.png
191KB, 419x398px
>streaming anime
>>
>>148229196
If there was an official torrent site with a 20 bucks monthly subscription or something then I wouldn't mind paying for that. But streams? Yeah, no.
>>
>>148221392
I thought Chinese streaming sites were free.
>>148232639
I wouldn't, but I'm sure some people with higher standards would.

Personally I wouldn't stream anime legally even if it was free because I don't give a shit.
>>
>>148227479
Hopefully after shill niggers fucking die.
>>
>>148221392
I buy a shameful amount of figs, but I'm not watching my shit on CR like a caveman. If they could deliver a service more convenient and high quality than you can get for free, people would use it. Until then anyone who knows anything will watch illegally. If you actually care about the industry, you should buy merch and figs, you'll support the industry more than 10.000 CR plebs and their .001 cent ad impressions.
>>
>buying anime
You are literally worse than people who buy games
>>
>Unironically PAYING with REAL MONEY to STREAM anime
>>
>>148233245
You do realize that so called "free" is just CR Rips.

Here's a flow chart for ya
CR--->HS--->KissAnime
>>
>>148221392
What are top / bottom? Revenue / profit?
>>
File: 1471135361965.jpg (40KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1471135361965.jpg
40KB, 342x298px
Because America never actually gets any anime worth paying for, just the shit shows.
>>
Is it a new direction for anime studios not rely on BD sales?
>>
>>148233582
HS is better right off the bat though since it ain't streaming.
>>
File: animemarkettranslated.png (418KB, 1018x720px) Image search: [Google]
animemarkettranslated.png
418KB, 1018x720px
>>148221972
Translated version.
>>
File: 2131413132.jpg (57KB, 569x544px) Image search: [Google]
2131413132.jpg
57KB, 569x544px
>chinks are literally saving anime
>burgers still complain about anime they don't like
>>
>>148221392

But your own pic shows that streaming is just a small apart of it.

The entire industry grew 12%.

Which is fucking crazy considering Japan's GDP growth is less than 1%.

Anime industry is growing faster than Chinese economy.
>>
>>148227871
>¥/$

That matters shit for Asian markets.
>>
File: yen.png (62KB, 681x497px) Image search: [Google]
yen.png
62KB, 681x497px
>>148227871

Why are you even talking about the lowest point?

And most of anime overseas sales are not in $.

Not to mention that Japan itself has deflation.
>>
>>148235460
Dividing the turnover figures by the user expense figures, you can get a rough estimate of how much of the money goes to the industry (as opposed to staying with the various middlemen). Here are 2015's numbers.
Domestic Japanese market:
>TV: 65%
>Film: 49%
>Video: 16%
>Streaming: 25%
>Merchandise: 4%
>Music: 13%
>Pachinko: 6%
>Live events: 3%
Overseas market:
>Everything combined: 6%

The moral of the story is that if you want to save anime from the comfort of your home in the West, you should buy BD's. Even if the shipping costs you as much as the item itself, it's still more anime-saving bang for the buck than the overseas market.
An even more effective method would be to sponsor movie tickets and TV subscriptions for impoverished Japanese otaku, or just pay someone to buy out unsold seats at movie screenings.
>>
Buy ethereum pleas
>>
>>148235589
It's the license fees from Chinese streaming sites
>>
>>148221392
Because the Chinese dont have their own shit. They either steal or consume. When it comes to anime they (apparently) consume. Westerners have their own cartoons, their own forms of entertainment. Not even gonna start on the fact that anime carry a negative stigma in the west.
>>
File: japan stockl.jpg (54KB, 468x337px) Image search: [Google]
japan stockl.jpg
54KB, 468x337px
Ok lads. How do I profit from anime industry? I don't watch anime. Should I buy stocks or meme coins or something different?
t.stock pro
>>
>>148235892

It's not. Read the actual report. They grew by over 50% but so did revenue of live concerts. And a lot of other things also grew.

Most of the overseas money is merchandise not streaming money.
>>
>>148235832

That's not how it works. How much of the money goes to the studio matters little. Studios are just contracted to make anime. It's the sponsors who decide what is made and how much is made.

This is why series like Symphogear or Hyakka Ryouran got more seasons.
>>
>>148235460
Good shit.
>>
>>148236396
Even when the studios are just contractors, they are the ones with the most power to make a series actually good. A good studio can save an anime from a mediocre production committee, but not the other way around.
So I'd rather see more of my money go to the studios, helping them keep the lights on and improve their craft. A well-fed studio might even be able to take cheaper contracts, improving the return on investment for anyone sponsoring them.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.