[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about how hard has PokéAni fallen out of grace?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 21

File: 1475778794776.png (489KB, 681x503px) Image search: [Google]
1475778794776.png
489KB, 681x503px
Can we talk about how hard has PokéAni fallen out of grace? It's never been the best anime or whatever, but things aren't looking nice. And I'm not talking about the animation. I'm talking about the setting and how Ash's character is shaping up to look and act even more immature than how he was back in Kanto.
It's impossible to maintain a discussion about the anime in /vp/ right now (/vp/ is very anti-anime in general), so I really hope we can keep one thread alive in here.
>>
if my 11 year old self saw this, I'm flip my shit.

This is practically a spinoff. It's worth completely ignoring. Pokemon will never have a coherent plot, because that would lead to an ending. It will go on until people stop buying it.

But people won't stop buying it. Because they hooked us as kids, and hooked kids after that and now nostalgia fags are doing the Pokemon Company's jobs for them by showing Pokemon to their kids.
>>
Can we talk about how the pokemon anime was never good and you retards fell for the Serena jew plot and are now mad for no reason?
You are only embarrassing yourselves, stay on /vp/
>>
>>148212477
Doesn't even look that bad stop complaining now go back to your containment board.
>>
>>148212477
Pokemon is shit, you guys are manchildren even by my fucking standards, and you should fuck off back to your homeboard.
>>
>>148212905
>>148212983
>>148212987
Stay classy, /a/
>>
Look like a reboot of the Pokemon anime, but I really can't imagine a feature film in this style.
>>
>>148213039
Stay on /vp/ manchild
>>
>>148213039
Stay out, /vp/.
>>
>>148213039
>fanbase gets its own fucking board
>still posts their shit on /a/
>>
I want to talk about how obnoxious XYfags are and how absolutely delicious your tears were when your little bitchboy lost.
>>
SunMoon anime when?
>>
Did all the serenafags commit suicide?
They better had, holy shit what a bunch of retards, the XYZ anime was as shit as any other pokemon anime before it

Fuck all of you, go back to >>>/vp/
>>
>>148213193
This is the anime, anon. Coming on November.
>>
>>148213182
>>>/out/
>>
>>148213182
>picture
There was no reason to believe, its an anime for kids
YOU ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THIS WEBSITE KILL YOURSELVES ALREADY
>>
>>148213293
>it's for kids so it can be shit
>kids don't want anything good because they don't give a shit
>>
>>148213306
YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE BOARD FOR YOUR FRANCHISE AIMED AT LITERALS 10YO
>>
>>148213341
>kids don't want anything good because they don't give a shit
This is true, though.
>>
>>148213341
>I cant read so I make shit up and put words on other people´s mouths

No wonder you are a pokefaggot
Its an anime for kids thats know for recycling the MC for 20 years
There was 0 chance Ash would win anything or get with the girl, only literal retards thought otherwise
>>
>>148213412
Im triggered by you criticizing the new anime as if the previous one was any good.
>>
>>148213412
There was almost never any pokemon discussion on /a/ before /vp/, and anyone complaining about a new season of it would have been laughed at for not realizing it was always shit. Your borad's existence is literally a cancerous blight making the entire website worse.
>>
The Sun and Moon anime will be the best looking Pokemon season to date
>>
>>148213411
This is literally what you implied saying that it's for kids and that's why you can't fucking believe shit will happen. It makes no sense. Something can be well written and simultaneously be for kids.
>>148213452
Read the OP. I actually opened saying "it's never been the best anime or whatever." Seriously, shittier anime have been discussed here and are being discussed all the time, but since all what /a/ cares is waifus and tits, I guess that discussion isn't welcomed anymore.
>>
>>148213293
>its for kids so the main character isnt supposed to succeed
do you realize how dumb you sound?
>>
File: 729Brionne.png (742KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
729Brionne.png
742KB, 1280x1280px
KANSHA
>>
>>148213519
Pokemon anime has never been well written, nothing about it is good in the slightest.
Fucking team rocket again and again, how can anyone with an IQ over 50 takes this seriously

>>148213536
He hasnt succeeded in 20 years, non retarded people picked up on the pattern a long time ago
>>
I'm still mad that they skipped touko and mei
>>
>>148213477
>Your borad's existence is literally a cancerous blight making the entire website worse.

What crawled up your ass and died? It's a containment board.
>>
>>148213587
I insist. There are worse anime that are being talked about on this board right now.
>>
>>148213703
It's a containment board for something that has only become more common on /a/ as a result of its creation. I guess I'm exaggerating by saying "the whole site" - maybe /v/tards' lives were improved by it, but I don't give a shit about them.
>>
>>148213182
>pic
It might be a good reason because everything was pointing to Ash winning but almost the same thing happened in gen 4 where the legendary pokemon guy appeared and won the league with only 1 pokémon.
>>
>>148213738
They also dont have their own board.
>>
>>148213756
This time it was more logical. At least that time they just had Tobias steamroll over everything to make it clear that Ash had gone far but that he still had some more to learn. This time, everything was shaping up for a victory. Storywise, it's what would've made the most sense. Just make him win and end it right there.
>>
File: 1453335439341.jpg (26KB, 285x281px) Image search: [Google]
1453335439341.jpg
26KB, 285x281px
>>148213481
It will, but people will still complain, because it looks different and Serena's not there. Can't wait for the cherrypicked shots that make the animation look bad.
>>
>>148213587
They had every reason to believe. 20th anniversary of pokemon, plus all the stuff that was mentioned in the picture you're trashing. All the signs were foreshadowing a win. Just because Ash lost all the other leagues didn't mean the Kalos league was dependent on them, the only thing he really takes through with him with each new region is Pikachu, but both pikachu and his experience seem to reset with each new region as well though. The fans had their hopes built up over a three year arc and being shafted by such a jobber fight at the end fully justifies their salt.
>>
>>148213963
There was no reason to believe and we have every motive to laugh at them forever.
Fuck you and fuck off
>>
>>148213963
>All the signs were foreshadowing a win.
Except the obvious tradition and common sense that said he wouldn't.
>>
>>148213941
Looks good != good.
I don't care about how it looks. Personally, I think it's looking OK. But it just shows that, yes, the execs don't give a fuck. I'm glad Serenafags got to hang themselves, I just didn't want this shit to go to be full of "slapstick and comedy" as they say it's gonna be. There should be a balance between comedy and adventure in this kind of anime.
>>
>>148212477
They realized that they fucked up huge and pissed off older and younger fans that have helped keep the series a best selling phenomenon.

SOOO they are trying to go after the "yokai watch" and be all "SUPER JAPANESE" and kiddy with it so they can get the younglings who don't know why their parents and older folks are pissed at the pokemon cartoons.
>>
>>148213999
(You)
>>148214058
Except that the picture is stating how tradition and common sense were bent through the whole arc.
>>
>>148213999
>>148214058

They foreshadowed a win, and the fans wanted to believe, yet they were fucked over at the end of it. It could may be have been somewhat forgivable if Ash lost legitimately, but Goodra jobbed and Memefrog got crit. Laugh at them all you want but they were in the right.
>>
>>148214112
(You)
>>
>>148214077
You are an idiot, the series is still best selling because the games are good
The anime irrelevant
>>
File: 48cfe994.jpg (47KB, 634x357px) Image search: [Google]
48cfe994.jpg
47KB, 634x357px
Call me when they bring back Aoi Yuuki.
>>
>>148214298
It's still very important in Japan, like it or not.
>>
>pokemon actually looks decent for once and not a generic shitshow
>kids hate it

wow who would have thought
>>
>>148214298
The anime is still relevant in Japan - the show only recently fell out of the weekly top 10, and the movies only recently dropped bellow an average of 2 billion yens in the box office. They're changing tons of stuff with the new season exactly as a reaction to it in order to revitalize the series.

I just think they're changing the wrong things, but we'll see, I guess...
>>
File: holy fucking shit.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
holy fucking shit.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>148214453
>decent

XYZ was the best Pokemon anime and they literally ruined it the worst way possible after episode 38.
>>
>>148214515
it was generic as hell and only certain scenes were animated well. Everything in the trailer for SM has been fluid and consistent. Also looks fun and not edgy as fuck like this webm you posted.
>>
>>148214585
>Pokémon tries to appeal to older audiences
>Fuck i hate it it's so edgy
>>
>>148212477
>>>/vp/
>>
>>148214585
>antiedgefags

The new fedora. Anyway, fuck off to your containment board, cancer.

>>>/vp/
>>
>>148212641
If your 11 year old self saw this, they'll be giddy as fuck at seeing all the shit from the newest iteration of Pokemon in animation. You're just salty as fuck that your ship has inevitably sunk.
>>
>>>/vp/
>>>/vp/
>>
>>148214298
You simple simple faggot.
The show is a fucking institution and helps sell the series and keep it in the minds of the Japanese. Both old and young alike.
It's part of what makes the fucking series a generational thing as well.

Them fucking it up last season? Nigga, heads ROLLLED because of that shit.
>>
>>148214790
Who's even talking about shipping here? If there were no shipping people would still get mad. This ain't about shipping. This is about bait-and-switch.
>>148214721
>>148214860
You came late to the party.
>>
>>148214707
>>148214736
since when the fuck is edgy characters and crying for adults? It's straight out of naruto. This is not the /a/ I know
>>
>pokemon anime looks like it's actually going to be fun for once
>retarded /vp/ fags don't see how the new artstyle will facilitate better character animation and want Satoshi to look like a goddamn lego forever
>>
>>148214790
>Everything in the trailer for SM has been fluid and consistent.
You realize that the trailer would be just material from the first few episodes, right? XY's first few episodes had even fluidly animated background crowds. It's only later that they needed to prioritize stuff, giving most of their budget to the battles.

>>148214790
Not that anon, but I'd probably be as, if not more bitter, than I was when the original Power Rangers were replaced.

And there's also dropping the Greninja power up stuff. You think kids don't like that? There's a reason power ups are so common in shounen. They're just dropping it all since they'll go for a comedic slice of life focus in order to go after the Yokai Watch audience.
>>
>>148215033
This thread is literally /vp/ shitters
>>
>>148215049
Literally on the OP:
>And I'm not talking about the animation
Pokéfags just want the anime to stop being seen with such derision. XY was legitimately trying to do that, but because YW was selling more, they shifted the focus again, but they fucked up while doing it.
>>
Post webms
>>
>>148215208
How did they fuck up? Looks great.

The only people who are flipping out about this actually liked XY, aka braindead retards.
>>
>>148215372
Explain why are they braindead retards without shitposting.
Use logical arguments and consider what's posted in >>148213182
>>
>>148215093
You double-quoted me, anon. You might want to correct your post.

And kids don't really care too much about stuff getting replaced. You are seriously expect kids to have an attention span longer than the next biggest explosion. I mean, Power Rangers has through through multiple zords in a season. And not just an upgrade, but a complete replacement. And kids still loved it. It's when you go beyond children that it becomes a problem.
>>
Wait, I thought XY was the best season? Why are ashnime faggots saying otherwise now?
>>
>>148215567
Most ashnime faggots are hating that XY's been thrown into the trash can. It's mostly people who already hated the anime who're saying that SM is looking good to piss them off.
>>
>>148215429
Because it's the same damn show since the first season, with slightly better animation in certain episodes. And they think the new anime is trash when they've been watching the same garbage expecting something different.
>>
Back when XY was just starting people thought XY Ash would be the most immature Ash of all time because he acted like a little kid, but he changed by the second episode

all the footage in this preview seems to be from the first SM episode so there's nothing to worry about
>>
>>148215429
Not that anon, but how is that post in that image any different from Blaze Infernape and Ash still losing in that league?
>>
>>148215567
Apparently, they don't like it when Ash doesn't win a league nor hook up with the current travel companion. You know, like any other season. Somehow, someway, they think this season is the one that's going to change everything despite a new iteration of Pokemon that's about to be released.
>>
>>148215703
It has changed. Ash was dumber back when this started. It's true that the show is mostly formulaic, but when, well, when you actually watch it you can tell the differences. XY was especially different from start to end.
>>148215710
Because that time Ash lost to a fucker with at least two Legendary Pokémon in his team. This time his Pokémon were a match against Alain's; he had already lost twice to him and people thought it would've been stupid if they didn't make Ash win against him at least once. Also, the games are going to be very different; there won't be gyms or league, so people thought that Ash would win this time to mark an end and a new beginning.
>>
Ash still has a ways to go
Alain and Ash's team were kinda evenly matched, but Alain did have way more battling experience, considering he did noting but battle megas all day, and he also had the power of AI on his side.

Would have been worse if after all that thinking about Manon, he lost, honestly.
>>
>>148212477
Ash is supposed to be 10
He's really about 28
Looks 6

I am glad I stopped after season 2 of Pokemon the original series with Misty and Brock.
>>
>>148216333
Anon, you're missing the point. How Ash ultimately lost, does not matter. If he couldn't win it with Blaze Infernape, why would he be able to win now? They literally introduced a diabolus ex-machina know as Tobias to ensure he doesn't win. At that point, if it hasn't been drilled into your head that Ash isn't allow to win a league, then I'm not really sure what else I can say to convince you otherwise.
>>
>caring anything about pokemon games or anime past gen one
Holy shit fucking neckbeards kill yourselves
>>
>>148216722
Ash will win a league when the series ends.
Or within the next two generations, since that's the trend and he's hit 2nd place.
>Top 16 (start)
>Top 8 (better)
>Top 8 (same or worse)
>Top 4 (better)
>Top 8 (same or worse)
>Top 2 (better)
>Top ??? (N/A?)
>Top 1 (better)

I wonder if Pokemon as a series ever will end. That can't keep adding shit forever, can they? Well I just looked it up and there are thousands of Yugi-oh cards apparently, so maybe they can.
>>
>>148216722
The XY JUST is, actually, what has fully convinced me, and SM is looking to be the coffin for those dead hopes.
I had stopped right there in DP, but because XY looked different, I jumped back on board. You can't say that they didn't try because it was shaping up to be the other way around. It just happens that Yokai Watch showed up right at the same time as XY was underway; seeing how popular it was, they said "let's do something like this."
I'm saying they fucked up because they resorted to their inner jew and just rebooted the next series using the same character as always, regressing him in the process and making XY moot. But before this happened, there were valid reasons to believe it was going to be different.
>>
>>148217098
Please.

The only way his cartoon can end is by getting a mid-season cancellation. There won't be a league win ever.
>>
>>148215567
Because XY had a huge build up to stuff like Greninja awakening a legendary power that went nowhere in the end. It hurts the whole build up in hindsight.

It's not just the league itself, the whole plotline ended up fizzling up into nothing. He also wasn't specially relevant in beating the villain or anything.
>>
>>148217115
No. No there isn't. The anime is, and always will be, an advertisement for the game. As long as the games are being made, you damn well know Ash can't win. They said this in interviews many time already. Ash and Pikachu are the mascots of the anime. They are recognizable and relatable to little kids. He can't win a league because it would mean any future leagues wouldn't be a challenge anymore. This isn't some new and foreign concept.
>>
>>148217290
I was talking about the games.
The show will obviously end when the games do. Or when the evolve into something completely different. I have no clue when, how, or why the games could ever end though.

Or the anime will end when the ratings are below 1.0 consistently. Which isn't happening soon either.

To be honest, I wonder how all these big game series will ever end. WIll they still be making Mario games in 100 years? Kirby? More Zelda? Sonic? Kinda scary.
Somehow Metroid has managed to reach an ending point, though more or less. They could just never release another game at this point if they wanted.
>>
>>148217330
>He also wasn't specially relevant in beating the villain or anything.
Going over the prophecy again, Ash and his Greninja is only one of the many parts needed to save Kalos. I really don't see why he should be the one saving everyone here.
>>
>>148217452
>because it would mean any future leagues wouldn't be a challenge anymore.
Most kids wouldn't still be following the show 5+ years later, which is when that'd be a problem.

And this next region doesn't have a league anyway. The games might be dropping that entire format if Sun & Moon aren't failures.

>Ash and Pikachu are the mascots of the anime. They are recognizable and relatable to little kids.
Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise. Stuff like Ash and Team Rocket are kept around because the anime and its format are still considered successful and relevant on their own, even though their presence actualy detracts from the show's marketing potential (they could be advertising the new heroes and villains rather than them).

Of course, it's why the anime now is greatly changing its formula, but still keeping Ash and Team Rocket, since they're seen as part of the anime's intrinsic value. It'll be interesting to see what they'd do if this maneuver doesn't work.
>>
>>148217452
What people always forget is that winning the League is meant to be just one more step to get closer to be a Master. What pisses people off is that, while we know Ash's journey is eternal, he should've won something by now.
And if it really meant the end for Ash's journey, then they could easily rotate characters like a lot of other anime do.
>>
>>148217700
The whole bit about awakening a power never seen before. In the end, the Bond phenomenon didn't even surpass Mega Evolution. in spite of most of XYZ's run focusing on it.
>>
>>148217716
You're not really understanding that the games aren't catering to a generation of gamers, but a specific demographic. It's here to draw in new fans to replace the older ones. The game does not grow up with the fanbase since their target fans is, and always will be, the children.

>>148217767
Well, it's not suppose to surpass Mega, it's a side-grade. I'm not sure who actually thought it's suppose to be better than it since it would outright break the game and future anime adventure's in half. I mean, it's better in that it doesn't need a mega-stone, which means before megas came about, it would be one of the most overpowered non-mythical Pokemon in the world.
>>
>>148217716
People mostly don't want new heroes and stuff though. People who don't watch the anime and won't start watching if they did that do. Besides a whole bunch of people would stop watching and finally just move if it came to an end and became something too different.

>>148217739
>What people always forget is that winning the League is meant to be just one more step to get closer to be a Master.
They literally said that once, the anime has never really stuck by it, and all storytelling elements in the show have always pointed to winning the league being the endgoal of Ash's story.
>>
>>148218024
Pokémon GO and Generations, along with the fact that from BW to XY the main characters were older, are proof that Game Freak and Nintendo want Pokémon to be played by people of all ages. What they're doing with the anime is plain sudoku, at least in Japan. The kids are watching other anime; they had their chance to aim it to the older audience but they fucked up.
>>
>>148218236
Pokemon Go isn't made by GF. And Generation is pandering, but since it's not getting anything beyond a few shorts, while the regular anime is getting another season, shows what their real priority is. Pokemon is primarily made for children.
>>
>>148218024
>You're not really understanding that the games aren't catering to a generation of gamers, but a specific demographic. It's here to draw in new fans to replace the older ones. The game does not grow up with the fanbase since their target fans is, and always will be, the children.

I don't get how you came to that conclusion from my post. The games always renovate and introduce new heroes and villains, so the anime's insistence on Ash, Team Rocket and other recurring elements isn't really advertising synergy with the games at all, but just the anime staff believe that their product (like Ash) have value and appeal - which more and more doesn't seem to be the case considering how the anime has been in a constant downwards trend for two generations now in Japan.

The games also do seem to worry about audience retention more than the anime though - it's the whole reason cross generation tranfers are a thing. There's also when they had older main trainers in Black & White and XY, while the anime refused to age Ash.
>>
>>148218356
But Pokémon GO is using licensed characters property of Game Freak. They're still getting money from it, so they still care about it.
>>
>>148214509
>only recently fell out of the weekly top 10

It's been erratically going in and out of the weekly top 10s since BW was still going, which is about 3 years now. The ratings did go up slightly in early XY but they've begun collapsing again; the first Kalos League episode was the lowest rated league opening ever, and that was when you could still try to claim any chance of Ash winning.
>>
File: 1415507647032.gif (402KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1415507647032.gif
402KB, 250x187px
>>148212477
>PokéAni fallen out of grace
>>
>>148218369
Which doesn't change the fact that the anime is nothing more than advertisement for the game. The anime doesn't have need to have the 'highest ratings ever!', it just needs to get its name out to children that watches TV. As long as enough children watches it and recognizes the Pokemon brand, it has done its job.

>>148218501
But it's an extremely water-down version of Pokemon. I mean, Pokemon Conquest exists, but does that suddenly mean GF is now targeting the Strategy/K-T demographics?
>>
>>148218653
HAHAHA NAISU MEEM ANON-SAN
Yes. It was shit, but it has became worse. The little "grace" that remained in it is gone.
>lol it never had any grace whatsoever i never gave a shit about it kys
Don't know why did you show up here then.
>>
>>148218712
>Which doesn't change the fact that the anime is nothing more than advertisement for the game. The anime doesn't have need to have the 'highest ratings ever!', it just needs to get its name out to children that watches TV. As long as enough children watches it and recognizes the Pokemon brand, it has done its job.
The anime needs ratings to justify when it isn't advertising the games though, like all the screentime wasted on Ash and Team Rocket rather than characters from the new games.
>>
>>148218712
They're targeting anyone with money, that's for sure. In Conquest case, they clearly tried for something different, and that's perfectly fine, but since it wasn't as profitable, they decided to stop. It's business, anon.
>>
>>148218793
familiarity in a new setting this isn't hard to get
How is generations even doing by the way? Is anyone even watching it?
>>
>>148218793
It's advertisement, it's not suppose to profitable. The fact that the anime and the movie does, makes it a bonus, not a priority. And anon, it's been 20 fucking years. The fact that it's even hovering at the top 10 spots after that long and still somehow making money just means extra money for the bank, not a sign they should redouble their focus to turn a 30 minute commercial into something that it's not. This isn't some Shounen Jump adaptation.
>>
>>148217739
>What people always forget is that winning the League is meant to be just one more step to get closer to be a Master.
You really should've realized after the Kalos league that there are no steps to this journey and that becoming a Pokémon Master is a meaningless goal that was never thought out nor meant to be reached, and thus they won't even let Ash complete the supposed 'first step' because they never decided on what would come after it.
>>
>>148218236
GO and Generations are western productions aimed at the oldfags who are reaching nostalgia age. In japan the target audience is still primarily children.
>>
>>148219134
Didn't Ash explain what it means to be a master to him in the Hoopa movie?
>>
>>148218974
First episode has 6 million views on youtube right now, the others have about 4.
>>
>>148219217
Not beyond extremely vague statements like 'a Pokémon Master is something you have to achieve with your own strenght' in response to Hoopa offering to grant him the wish of becoming one.
>>
>>148218236
>>148218501
>>148218793

You know, you really should take up Marketing 101. They're targeting totally different market segments. Bringing in Go and Gen doesn't prove your point all. All it proves is that you know nothing about how it works.

Go/Gen = older fans
anime = younger, newer fans

The overlaps in those two (as in older fans who still follow the anime), aka people like you from /vp/ are the minority and GF/whichever studio does the anime doesn't care about you when they make the anime because they know your lot will buy the games anyway. They don't need to advertise to you, the anime was never about you to begin with.

>The anime needs ratings to justify when it isn't advertising the games though
No, ratings don't matter much at this point. They just need to be around and be sufficiently not-terrible to remind newer generations of kids that pokemon is still around, that's it. People who keep bringing ratings into this have got the argument wrong. You can't really compare Pokemon's situation to some other anime you're familiar with. Their situation is entirely differently.
>>
Pokemon anime has been running for decades now. And people are still surprised every new region Ash's competence resets.

Getting upset at it this late in is retarded.
>>
>>148219315
Didn't he also mention how winning a league doesn't automatically make him a master or something? Anyone happen to have the dialogue? Because I was sure it was specifically aimed at the people that was complaining about the league thing.
>>
>>148219325
Oh thank god, someone that actually knows a bit about marketing. I was almost worried /a/ would be filled with nothing but raging otaku's that care for nothing but anime and manga.
>>
>>148219391
Winning the league just gives the winner the opportunity to battle the E4. If you win against them, then you go and battle against the current Champion.
>>
>>148219391
Not in the Hoopa movie, that was in DP. You can speculate they originally intended to have Ash win the league there and move on to the Elite 4 (DP being the only series where all of that region's E4 showed up), got told to change plans and that's why there was a whole year between the last two gyms with the league ending the way it did.
>>
>>148219841
And what happens to the region/league after that? I mean, you've seen what happened in B/W. Can you honestly accept Ash ever losing another battle in a new region after becoming league champion?
>>
>>148219953
It's not like boxing or wrestling. You can battle the Champion and win against them at any time, but you'll only take away their Champion status if the challenger has won the region's league and has battled and won against the E4.
>>
>>148219953
Ash will most likely lose basic battles in Alola after coming a hair's breadth away from becoming league winner in Kalos (and only losing because of plot armor descending from the heavens and tightly wrapping itself around Alan's Charizard), does it really matter? There's almost no inter-series continuity anymore.
>>
>>148220138
I'm talking about skill-wise. Can you honestly accept Pikachu and Ash losing any battle after winning the league? At least him losing the battles after not becoming champion softens the blow as it shows he still has a lot to learn. Winning a league really doesn't.
>>
>>148213182

Man that was one deceptive episode title.
But i'd just stop watching this altogether desu.
They're not going to break the status quoe and let Ash win, hell i'm certain this entire new arc is going to try to be as immature and kid targeted as possible to shake off manchildren from complaining or watching.

Hell I stopped watching after Ash beat Gary, because I KNEW that was as good as i'm getting. after looking at the Sinoh bullshit where Ash was at his top game, already beat his rival,had his strongest team up until that point only to see and writers had realized they had backed themselves into a corner to which they made up some uber elite character out of fucking nowhere who was packing legendary godtier pokemon just to beat Ash. They literally went out of their way to hurt Ash here, after that shit I don't know how anyone maintained any hope.
>>
>>148220260
It could've worked if Ash grew too overconfident after becoming Champion. He goes to Unova and has a battle with some important trainer (a Gym Leader from later in the game or even an E4), but he loses using his full team because of that excess of confidence. "I guess there's still plenty of stronger trainers out there. I have to start from scratch and see if we can defeat them!" Ash says. Cue leaving his team except for Pikachu with Oak. He would start gathering the badges all over again, but he wouldn't be humilliated like he did at the start of the actual BW. It's not that hard to imagine.
>>
>>148220632
And how would that be any different if he had just simply lost the tournament? That kind of reset would be even worse since he would have no excuse to lose any more battles after getting a full team again. Not to mention that type of excuse only works for one region. Anything that comes afterward becomes retarded if he ever loses again.
>>
>>148213182
No, anon, people calling you out on your stupidity is not 'hivemind', in the same way that people agreeing that 1 + 1 = 2 is not a hivemind.

There I was thinking that /a/ is supposed to be the manchildren who no self-awareness board (or at least that's what other boards think of /a/) but it turns out /vp/ is the one.
>>
>>148221211
It's a justified loss. He would want to prove that he's the best by challenging the new league. It would be a massive improvement, considering that in the actual BW he lost to a newborn Snivy. It also works as an advertisement because they would be saying, "boy, Unova trainers are tougher than Sinnoh's". Kids would want to check the new games to see if that's true.
Though admittedly, the best way to continue the series would've been with a new character. Now you can continue the anime without harming any other character's reputiation or whatever.
>>
File: 1463511116766.jpg (301KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1463511116766.jpg
301KB, 1383x1600px
how was the goodbye between ash and serena?
>>
>>148221362
Congratulations, you have completely ruined any chance of longevity for the anime. You are really not understanding the point of the anime is building brand recognition and advertisement. That type of thinking is why no one really cares about Digimon or most other franchise that has a rotating MC.

Who is this new MC and why should I care? And if you can't do it within a few episodes, I will drop it. This is why replacing Ash is a stupid idea.
>>
>>148221932
The only part about brand recognition is Pikachu. In BW it would've worked perfectly because Gen V was like a soft reboot of the entire franchise, and SM is proving to be another one.
The new MC would obviously be the main character from BW or SM, respectively. All he has to do is having a Pikachu for X or Y reason and it will be ok. The audience is always changing anyway. It's for kids, isn't it?
>>
Pokemon only threw in a fuckton of money and pulled the stops for XYZ because they were fighting with the tides of the Yokai Watch boom.

Now that Yokai Watch as passed its popularity peak and everyone's hyped for Sun/Moon, they don't really have to give a shit since the fight scenes with Greninja got tossed out into the twitter ether and made people look at the anime again.

If XY stuck with the same meh standards of Black and White we wouldn't even be having this thread.
>>
>>148222656
If moot was still I'd send him an email telling him to change vp to /vp/ - Youkai Watch.
>>
>>148212477

>Can we talk about how hard has PokéAni fallen out of grace?

It was shit from the very start. Low budget promo shit for the Pokemon games and merchandise in general. That's what it was and that's what it is.
>>
File: 1454902604263.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454902604263.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>148213115

>fanbase gets its own fucking board

/vp/ has had their own board since around 2008 when it originally was /tr/. Pokemon was always a big thing on 4chan during its first few years (the games that is).
>>
>>148222104
Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise while Ash & Pikachu are the mascot of the anime. Remove any one of those elements and you're removing a widely recognizable character. You have to be willing to commit financial suicide to remove a huge brand recognition like that, especially after 20 years.

>>148222656
The fuck are you talking about? You make it sound like YW is the only thing to threaten Pokemon enough to force them to change things around. Pokemon is 20 year old franchise, do you honestly believe nothing within that 20 years didn't come close to its popularity? They haven't changed their formula since then, and they sure as hell aren't going to change it now. The fact that you're harping about YW goes to show how little you actually know.
>>
File: 1451016602243.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451016602243.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>148213963

This autistic crying always makes me doubt. I always wonder whether I should trash my pokemon games and cancel my preorder because of this franchises retarded fanbase.
>>
>>148223006
2 things:
1, They're changing the formula right now with the Island Trials, and 2, that's why a soft reboot with a new trainer wouldn't be a problem. Again, the audience gets renewed with every arc anyway. The older fans want change, while for the younger fans it's always a new experience.

>>148222866
Cool that you came here from your waifu/big tits/loli thread to add your very useful comments.
>>
>>148223168

>Cool that you came here from your waifu/big tits/loli thread to add your very useful comments.

I claimed that Pokemon was low budget anime, this isn't an opinion, it's a known fact, not sure how you got your pants in a ruffle over that.

And I can say go back to /vp/
>>
>>148223168
It's still a 'Catch them all' game. There are still battles, even if it's not called gym battles. The basic formula is catch Pokemon, raise them, fight other trainers, while saving the world through the plot. Saying shit like 'they're just copying YW because it's popular now' is nothing short of ignorance. And are you understanding what it means for the anime to soft reboot a 20 year old developed and widely recognizable character for a new one? People know who Ash is and may care about him and his journey, but who the fuck is going to care about a newly created character with zero developed background and characterization? Are you certain the new character can even match up to even 50% of the popularity and development that Ash has gotten?
>>
>>148221455
Next episode.
>>
>>148223168
No, you still don't understand. Brand awareness is about balancing old established image and new images. Satoshi/Ash & Pikachu is that old brand image. It's what Pokemon has invested in from the start.

>changing the formula right now
Again, see >>148219325
You, like the other post that talk about Go/Gen, is confusing things again. The ideas that go behind the anime has different focus.

>older fans want change
They are irrelevant. The hardcore fans will buy the games anyway, which is what matters. So what they want out of the anime doesn't matter.

>younger fans
Keeping Satoshi/Ash & Pikachu is more than just about for the younger/ new fans. It's part of the Pokemon franchise as a whole. Even people who stopped/or don't watch the anime, or even play the games, are aware of the image of Satoshi/Ash & Pikachu because they have been aware for decades. Or rather that there is never a need to put in that much effort into the anime. The most effort you're going to get are the movies but even then, that's more of cross promo tie-ins where you get event special pokemon for the games.

I'm sorry, but you pokemon anime fans are too narrow minded and keep failing to realise that it's not about the anime. It never was. All you guys bickering about why the pokemon anime should like this or that don't seem to get that as a franchise, the anime's narrative doesn't matter as much you think.
>>
File: 1474514819918.webm (530KB, 404x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474514819918.webm
530KB, 404x400px
Is this Pokemon Generations thing worth a look at all?
>>
>>148223292
Yes. There are a lot of other low budget anime that are made to advertise games, TCG, etc. /vp/ is a shithole and the anime general will talk about everything except the anime. I'm sorry. Also, posting Pokémon outside /vp/ is not against the rules, so I've got the right to post about its anime here as well.
>>148223337
Among the oldfags, yes, because a large majority would support the change, especially after XY. Again, the younger ones are, well, too young to be too attatched.
It would've worked better in BW, it could've still worked for SM. However, it never happened, and now it's very, very probable that it won't ever happen.
>>
>>148212477
Pokémon should've been like Yugioh.
Despite being a kids' show, Arc-V is pretty good.
If Pokémon switched protagonists after Johto or even Sinnoh, new series could have potential to have developed plots and protagonists who aren't incompetent.
>>
>>148213963
except that the pokemon anime that has the distinction of being the 20th anniversary release.... Is SM. XY started on 2013; XY&Z started on 2015
>>
>>148223168
That's what pokemon special/adventure is for. For the last fucking time, like many others have said, the anime simply isn't for you. The manga is designed to be for an older audience than the one for the anime. If you care about seeing the MC win and seeing new MCs, that's what it's there for.

>>148223549
the "majority of oldfags who still watch the anime" is still the minority among all the other types of pokemon fans. Seriously, get your head out of the well for one damn moment. Look at things like the pokemon company/ nintendo's financial reports and business reports for one damn moment and you'll realise that nobody gives a shit about you. Tailoring the anime to your kind isn't good business sense.
>>
>>148223646
Name me the protagonist of each of the season's MC for Yugioh. Now name me the protagonist of each of the season of Pokemon.
>>
>>148223703
>The manga is designed to be for an older audience than the one for the anime.
Ironically, a good part of the older audience have dropped the manga because it gotten too dark.
>>
>>148223827
of course; go too far and you start losing the reason people stuck around.
>>
>people believing that Ash will win due to PoGo
If that was the case, they would've chosen Megazard-Y as his ace Pokemon and XY&Z would've been a whole season of Nostalgia.

People are fucking idiots. Japanese anime rarely gives its MC's major wins in a series with loose continuity. /vp/ constantly denies that Ash going back to Kanto and winning is the only conceivable way for him to win, where the nostalgia is off the charts.

/vp/ doesn't seem to understand the concept of building the win. If the Kalos Tourney was the one, we would've seen them touch the point that Ash has not won anything major since Battle Frontier. We would've seen at least a cameo from his past rivals and companions during the season.

But XY/Z chose to disconnect from continuity. Hell BW even has better continuity compared to XY/Z because it at least flashes back to the OS and at least they acknowledge that Ash has better pokemon than his current team.

If he had the common sense of placing Infernape, Sceptile and Charizard to support Greninja, and even train it , he would've won.
>>
>>148223703
It's not tailoring the anime for the oldfags. It's tailoring it for all the audiences. Everyone hates it because it's for children; well, a revamp into something that can be watched by children, teens and adults would be the perfect option. The anime was intended to be watched by everyone, not just children, and that's what Takeshi Shudo used to say. That's the reason why the older episodes contained significantly more risqué content, for example. It started to mellow out in Johto. But you know what, they tried to do that in XY, and you can tell. If you've been watching the anime for so long you'll see that XY had pretty much all what the oldfags wanted, while at the same time it continued appealing to the newer audiences. They should have, either kept this model, or overhaul it completely.
I know that they don't give a shit about us. I know this won't change. I'm just saying that it *should* change or have changed, and that a change wouldn't have been or be as bad as they or you think it would. The larger the appeal, the larger the audience can get, the larger the sales can get.
>>
>this thread
I remember when we used to have Pokemon threads that weren't just raging /v/ crossboarders screaming "stop discussing what I don't like"
>>
>>148223927
I just find it funny that people flock to the manga because it's 'more mature' than the anime are now leaving because it's 'too mature' for them.
>>
I swear /vp/ would be backpedalling at the mere mention of Serena rejoining the cast.
>>
>>148223995
Anon, you have to understand. The children are the people that buys most of their stuff. Not teens, not old-fags, but children (and the parents of said children).
>>
>>148223703
>The manga is designed to be for an older audience than the one for the anime.
No. All the Pokemon manga series are serialized in magazines aimed at young children, and these magazines also advertise the anime since their readers watch that as well.
>>
>>148224076
/vp/ has been infected with a case of shippers and anti-shippers. I would just ignore whatever /vp/ says until the first few episodes &/or the game is out.
>>
>>148224076
It's mostly the anime-hating part of /vp/ that hates the Sun & Moon anime, and they don't like Serena either.
>>
>fags from /padt/ now comparing Serena to Ohana

The delusion is now Narusaku tier.
>>
>>148224160
I think it's gameSerena fans who hate the anime.
>>
>>148224177
Maybe you should go back there and keep your shitposts there instead of dragging other boards into it?
>>
>>148223827
That's an entirely different issue, though. It also doesn't help that the guy doing to the spec manga is probably overworked from having to juggle multiple gens at once. While I do concede that they certainly could have handled it better for the older fan demographic, it could also be argued that like the anime, it doesn't matter as much anymore as long as the games keep selling and the merchandise keep bringing in more money.

>>148223995
You are still being narrow minded. By the end of the day, it's a business. Why bother putting in effort to improve the writing when they can call it in and still collect the money?

>The larger the appeal, the larger the audience can get, the larger the sales can get.
Yes, but once again, you still miss the point. The typical adult no longer cares about the pokemon anime. Your "everyone" is just the vocal minority you see on the internet. Just as how the other Jump shounen action doesn't care that much about BD/DVD sales, same goes for the pokemon anime. Once again, please get this: the pokemon anime is no longer about crating nice stories, it's about brand relevance, that's it. There is little to no incentives to make it better because that fans gained from having better anime doesn't matter.

They already have the larger appeal from all the other merchandising that happens in the pokemon empire. They don't need the anime for your so-called larger appeal. At most, you'll get some stay at home moms being mildly impressed that a kid show has some appeal for adults, but in the end, the typical adult fan still aren't going to be watching the anime even if you tell them it got better.
>>
>>148224099
I fucking understand this. But why not make the teens and the old weebs buy shit as well? Why can't you attract both? Money is money.
>>
It looks like Yokai-Watch
>>
>>148224271
It looks nothing like Yokai Watch.
>>
>>148224241
maybe you should stop forcing amour into everyone else's throats, Amourshit.
>>
>>148224289
>>>/vp/28974701
>>
>>148224310
So the shitposters from /vp/ have found their way here, huh?
>>
>>148224249
They tried, in XY. And I think you're underestimating the size of the fanbase. Shows with a narrower demographic still throw in stuff so the older demographic likes it. But yes, with the final fiasco they proved that easy, safe money is better. You have to admit that they're in the wrong for trying to cash in as much money as possible without giving a shit.
>>
>>148224256
Because you're telling GF to change their highly successful and highly lucrative franchise that's catered to the children demographic to something else. Children, teenager and adults have vastly different taste. There's no way changing the target demographic isn't going to have an adverse affect on their current one. It's a horrible decision, both on a creative standpoint and a business standpoint.
>>
>>148224360
I think they've been here since the start, this thread has been suspiciously shit from the very beginning
>>
File: 1474071814412.jpg (69KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
1474071814412.jpg
69KB, 604x340px
>>148212477
Are Pokefags such autistic manchildren that they can't accept that the Pokemon anime has always been geared towards children? It stands to reason that the characters and their personalities remain static--their target audience is today's children, the ones who'll beg their parents to buy the new games and merchandise, not the twenty-something autists in the West who grew up on 4Kids and can't let go of their childhood memories. He's been an immature faggot for years. His skills and intelligence are reverted to zero at the beginning of every season. Nothing has changed. Complaining about this is complete nonsense. I don't understand what people want out of it, or why nobody can ever seem to be satisfied with it.

What is it about this franchise that inspires such autism in people?
>>
>>148224360
Turnabout is fairplay since I'm sure people from /a/ are going over to /vp/ to shitpost as well.
>>
>>148224256
No, you still don't understand. Not only do you not get marketing, you also don't get basic business. Are you aware of things like opportunity costs? Diminishing returns? Do you have any idea how big the pokemon franchise is?

The pokemon company is at the point where they make more money from related merchandises. It is not efficient to actually bother about the anime, which translate to what, better disc sales? As long as they pool their resources into the games and other merchandise, they already are making bank. The resources that goes into making a good anime could instead be channelled into some other aspect of the franchise that translates to bigger profit.
>>
>>148224425
It's actually the same group of shitposters that shitpost in Pokemon anime threads on both boards. Their posts have a tendency to disappear from both at the same time when they get banned.
>>
>>148224407
>says as he kisses his dakimakura
>>148224444
I'm just saying they fucked up. They were doing it right, considering all the shit you're saying, but they changed their focus because of YW. They had to attract that audience again, and that's the reason why they did what they did. I understand all of that. I just don't agree with that change because I think it was half-assed.
>>
>>148224391
>And I think you're underestimating the size of the fanbase.
Meanwhile, you're overestimating the impact of the anime fanbase on the overall franchise.
>>
>>148224601
Oh, for fuck's sake. Stop it with the YW bullshit.
>>
>>148224601
Who are you quoting, autism-kun?
>>
>>148224601
Let's go back to that post
>buy shit as well
>attract both
Buy and attract with what? The BDs/DVDs? Remember, we're talking about the anime here. Otherwise, they already are expected to fork over the cash for the games when they're out. Or the card games. or the hundred other merchandise available, so yes, they already are taking the teens and old weebs into account.

>I fucking understand this
Doesn't seem like you do.
>>
Haha this fucking cunt escaped /vp/ and thought everyone would align to his tastes

Get fucked cunt. XY is shit, Serena is SHIT, you can't escape the truth, there's no hugbox for you
>>
>>148212477
Wait a minute, is the artist for this the one from digimon as well?
>>
>>148224601
His purchase of dakimakura probably matters more to the success of that niche otaku series than your ranting does to pokemon. Deal with it.
>>
To give you a glimpse of these XY fags and SatoSerefags, most of them watch Naruto and bleach. They compare them to NaruHina too.

Also they prefer things they watch to be edgy.
>>
>>148224633
Different anon, but as I understand it Yokai Watch is a bit of a cultural juggernaut right now. I doubt it's going to have the longevity Pokemon has had, but it's certainly rocked the boat.

Keep in mind that both anime are produced by OLM, so they Pokemon Team animators may have been put under pressure to make it more like YW outside of Gamfreak's wishes.

However, a much more rational train of thought (at least in my opinion) is that Omura is tired of seeing the company do the same shit for 20 years and just wants to inject his crazy ideas all over the place.

Remember Pokemon fans, for no less than 10 years we've been clamouring for something different. Omura is fucking delivering, so maybe just shut up for a minute and wait and see what he's going to do first. It might actually be something amazing.
>>
>>148224928
Don't get over yourself, even Nardo and Bleach are masterpieces compared to your commercial ad for children.

Fuck off to your containment shithole.

>>>/vp/
>>
This entire thread really feels like one faggot acting like a retard on purpose to make others look bad by proxy.
>>
File: kuroko unamused.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kuroko unamused.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>148224780
I bet from what you just said, the generals at /vp/ got overrun with people making fun of Serena, making fun of the recent league blunder and those looking forward to sun and moon?

And they came all the way from /a/ to get a second opinion but got bitten instead.
>>
>>148224928
>They compare them to NaruHina too.
>amourshits compare Serena to Hinata and Naruto to Satoshi

Naruto won against his Rival, Hinata actually cares about Naruto... that's an even bigger hint that they're as crazy as IchiRuki shits.
>>
>>148225115
Agreed, XY is SHIT compared to the shittier Naruto and Bleach
>>
>>148225108
>It might actually be something amazing.

It's fucking Pokemon.
>it's an "Ash and his regional friends meet character of the day, then TR appears and is sent flying" episode
I spoiled 3/4ths of the new series for you.
>>
>>148225137
I think the entire thread is mostly shitposters switching between acting like retarded Pokemon fans and shitting at their posts.
>>
>>148225175
XY. And, AG, DP, BW, SM and the ten following series that will come after it. Even OS was nothing more than an average gag comedy/adventure series.
>>
>>148225208
Nah, there really are lots of those delusional cunts. But they wavered the moment SM got annouced with no Serena
>>
>>148225182
This. I tried a few episodes of XY because they keep saying how well animated the battles are. Watched some of the so-called best episodes and it's either on par or worse than popular action animu of the season. Fucking Phantom World had better critter battles than pokemon.

Then again, fucking Phantom World action scenes were better than Digimon Tri's too, though that's just Toei being Toei.
>>
>>148225182
The schoolground setting makes it a bit harder to keep writing Team Rocket plots, and we already know there's going to be Team Skull Plots.

It is probably going to be episodic in nature, but no gyms and no league means the writers have much more creative freedom and can even focus on a drawn out story arc if they want to. You know, something like the Zygarde Arc that's currently airing or the Meloetta Arc in Best Wishes. Stories that most fans seem to really enjoy.

I get that you're probably just another autistic troll, but I'll be reserving judgement on the series until I see it myself.
>>
>>148225208
There's something in that.
/a/ has relatively regular Pokemon threads, and they're usual civil and have decent discussion. This particular thread is full of screaming monkeys that look like they escaped from /v/.
>>
>>148225182
except this is not the case here; first major difference is that Ash isn't travelling anymore, he's staying put in Alola and joining school, there is no definite companion, just classmates who will tag along with him during the different episodes.
>>
>>148225108
And? YW wasn't the only cultural juggernaut to rock the boat. 20 years. That's how long Pokemon has been around. They have seen and gone through all kinds of shit. For them to copy yet another Pokemon-clone is utterly incomprehensible.
>>
File: ash lillie 9.png (206KB, 1123x632px) Image search: [Google]
ash lillie 9.png
206KB, 1123x632px
Serenafags gets easily baited by images like this
>>
>>148225415
Adding to that, several of the pictures posted here are the same that tend get attached to shitposts in those other threads.
>>
>>148225467
There's 0% chance that Ash will end up with Lillie, anon.
>>
>>148225445
>20 years. That's how long Pokemon has been around.
Somewhere, a teenage boy who played the 1st gen games when they came out is now probably an adult with his own kid, who probably had a bit of a bonding session upon buying the new pokemon game for his kid.
Somewhere, a teenage girl who played the 1st gen games when they came out is now probably a milf watching the anime with her kid and being nostalgic over her kid watching ash and pikachu going on a journey like she once did.
>>
>>148225382
>>148225424
After 20 years of watching the same shit over and over, one would have thought you would already know better than this, but apparently this is the level of autism you must have in order to watch, as an adult, a 30-min commercial ad for japanese children.

Pick the poison you like and choke on it. But do it in the board you have for your franchise, faggot.

>>>/vp/
>>
>>148225445
How many of those had long-running anime adaptations animated by OLM?

The closest we get is Future Card Buddy Fight and Inazuma Eleven, neither of which has anywhere near the popularity of Yokai Watch or Pokemon.
>>
>>148216672
Hes like 15 I believe
>>
>>148225424
>except this is not the case here
>first major difference
You guys said the same thing last time. Even came up with a shit ton of justifications too.
>>
>>148225663
well, XY/Z is practically the franchise's Gundam 00, tried to be original near the start, but resorted to generic Zeta-Clone/DP-clone near the end.

SM meanwhile seems to be like G-Reco.
>>
>>148225608
I don't go to /vp/ because it's nothing but pepe memes. Basically /pol/-lite. Quarantine boards usually aren't a good place to talk about things you like.

Besides, the occasional Pokemon thread is 100x better than the 9000th Monster Musume General.

But yeah, 20 years of the same thing and suddenly the animation, writers, and director all get changed. It's a pretty good indicator things are going to be different.
>>
>>148225608
>stop talking about things I don't like
>>
>>148225715
why can't Pokemon be Gundam Seed instead. Where Ash sweeps teams like nothing.
>>
>>148216672

He's 10. He's celebrated several birthdays in-universe, and if you're autistic enough to count the days in each episode then he's supposed to be about 16-18. Depending on the time between episodes.

but he's 10.
>>
>>148225716
Different does not mean good. Or that it will be that different at all.
>>148225769
You have a board for your franchise. And I don't see Pokemon TGC threads on /tg/ for a reason. Just because your cartoon airs in Japan doesn't mean you should leave your cage in /vp/, Autismo.
>>
>>148225618
It doesn't matter. Pokemon makes so damn much money, they have zero reason nor fucks to go and copycat a Pokemon-clone. They're the ones that is still making billions and showing no sign to be a passing fad while YW is. 20 years of pure ridiculous profit is a testament to their stability. No one is stupid enough to assume YW can actually overtake Pokemon and wants Pokemon to copy YW before it's too late.
>>
>>148225894
I do see Macross threads on /a/ despite /m/ existing. Go complain in them or something.
>>
>>148223770
Yugi, Jaden, Yusei, Yuma, Yuya
>>
>>148225904
The "this looks like Yokai Watch" thing is retarded anyway. The two shows look nothing alike.
>>
>>148225844
>Pokemon should be Gundam SEED instead.

Besides Ash winning, I already see stock animation of Charizard using Blast Burn to beat opponents and having no scratches on him.
>>
>>148226004
It's a meme at this point. I'm just using this opportunity to thoroughly stomp that idea into the ground before it takes root in /a/ as well.
>>
File: 1474330031344.jpg (154KB, 724x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1474330031344.jpg
154KB, 724x1023px
>>148226080
only Amourfags are propagating the idea, because they can't stand the other people enjoying the new squiddy hotness
>>
>>148225995
Ash/Satoshi. For all the seasons.

It took me a few minutes to name mine while it took you a little over an hour, to which I"m sure you have to look it up in a wiki.
>>
>>148226146
and of all the series, It's just Yugi and Judai that matters. everyone else is tacked on.
>>
>>148226182
Right. Are you seeing my point now, anon? About a rotating MC for a franchise?
>>
>>148225608
>>>/vp/28975601

>namefag that tells people to fuck off back to /vp/ is shitposting in the /vp/ anime thread at the same time

No, that was not two anons coincidentally failing at sage at the exact same time, you faggot
>>
>>148226182
>everyone else is tacked on
Doesn't that just add to the other anons' point? You could pick up any random episode of pokemon and go go, hey I recognise ash and pikachu.
>>
>>148226256
Weren't they forced to change Yugi anyway?
>>
Just watch Generations and accept that's the best you're gonna get
>>
>>148226311
What happened to Yugi?
>>
>>148226388
>generations
All pokemon anime are shit, anon. Generations is the shittiest
>>
>>148226311
If by forced you mean "Kaz ended Yugi's history because Yugioh was originally a mango" then yes.

Then they realized they still needed to shill the children's card game, and they started with a new protagonist.
>>
>>148226311
>>148226389
They weren't forced to do anything, you ignorant scrub.

Yugi's story ended and while it was going on, they wanted to produce a spin-off, hence, GX. Then it just became a trend from there. Stop spouting shit.
>>
>>148226389
The manga ended. All the Jaden and whatever stuff has nothing to do with Takahashi's original Yugioh manga, it was anime-original series made purely to continue marketing the card game.
>>
>>148226389
Shows up in GX like twice. Is probably dead by 5D's. ZeXal is a different universe, so is Arc-V.

captcha: go back stop
>>
>>148226388
No, no, no. You're doing it wrong. Clearly the best you're gonna get is to make one yourself. Write a fanfiction about Ash being betrayed, then training himself, unlocking aura, while growing up like an Ubermensch, before kicking everyone's ass and getting all the girls to be part of his harem.
>>
>>148226485
Although it begs the question.

If western faggots want something beyond the current ashnime, how come they don't try to give them a parallel new series in the vein of Generations, where they can have the protagonists win and accomplish shit and be chuuni or edgy or whatever?
>>
>>148212477
Ashnime is shit, it was shit back in the day and will never stop being shitty. The only real question is why menchildren still watch it.
>>
>>148226665
Because you have to somehow convince them that the new series would enough money to warrant an investment for one. Upon which, you would have to ask, would it make more money than what the ashninme would?
>>
>>148226686
After 20 years, people get attached to shit. Sunk cost fallacy, m8.
>>
>>148226686

Waifus and nostalgia.
>>
>>148226686
The games are shit too.
>>
>>148226914
Yes /v/, we know. We heard you the first time. All games are shit.
>>
File: 1475788326998.png (85KB, 799x935px) Image search: [Google]
1475788326998.png
85KB, 799x935px
>>148226914
Those are trigger words, anon.
>>
File: img000007 (1).png (46KB, 127x302px) Image search: [Google]
img000007 (1).png
46KB, 127x302px
>>148226914
YOU TAKE THAT BACK.
>>
>>148226968
Reminds me of this guy >>>/vp/28796803
>"Fun" doesn't matter here
>>
>>148226946
Yes, just like every anime is shit when it's popular right?
>>
>amourshits shitting on /a/
Their wall of shame will be better than Narusaku's
>>
>>148227233
Two years ago they were proclaiming that if amour becomes canon, it'll produce massive butthurt from past ships and it'll be hall of anal devastation 2.0
>>
>>148226389
He became a Game Designer after concluding his studies, according to the epilogue movie.
>>
>>148227233
Nah, I don't see it reaching Narusakus's level of butthurt unless Ash actually ends up with a girl.
>>
I like how easy it is to tell that it's the exact same people that have been shitting down anime threads on /vp/ all day that are sitting here shitting down this one too.
Fuck, they seem to be crossposting now.
>>
>>148227353
any copies of this epilogue movie?
>>
>>148227397
I can see that guy you quoted writing a bunch of "butthurt" himself and then screencapping his own posts.
>>
File: 59262235_p0.jpg (879KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
59262235_p0.jpg
879KB, 700x1000px
I want to grab Alola Ash's butt.
>>
>>148227353
Atleast he's still working with games unlike Judai who became a hobo and Yusei a scientist.
>>
>>148226968
>new age chess
can this be a new meme?
>>
File: 1472082705107.png (92KB, 1398x884px) Image search: [Google]
1472082705107.png
92KB, 1398x884px
>>148213039

I would tell you to go back to /vp/ but the anime general is insufferable by the Serena cucks. So I guess just don't talk about it anywhere.
>>
>>148228344
Not even trying anymore, are you?
>>
>>148223541

It's 5 minutes long so it's not like you will lose a lot of time. Just watch it yourself.

I feel they are way too short.
>>
>>148213039
Nobody's forcing you to be here, /vp/. If you don't like it, you're free to scram back.
>>
>>14822694
agreed there are only 151 pokemon
fuck this kiddy digimon shit :^)
>>
>>148228344
>>148228437
>two replies to same 7 hour old post in 4 minutes
You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>148228493
>someone sees reply to old post
>reads old post
>replies to it themselves
Is it really that hard to imagine?
>>
>>148228537
Nice try
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (142KB, 1548x668px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
142KB, 1548x668px
>>148228559
Keep being delusional. Oh wait, you're just going to say it's shopped!!! next, like the retard you are.
>>
>>148228493
>You're not fooling anyone.
Same goes for you, actually. /vp/ has and will always be a joke. You're the faggots that other faggots mock.
>>
>>148228782
These buzzwords sound familiar.
>>
>>148228828
I don't go to /vp/. Projecting much.
>>
>>148228832
>>148228849
Yeah, because it's ok if you're the one doing. Keep being hypocrites.
>>
>>148228344
OP here. Those faggots pushed me here. They won't let anybody talk about the anime because they're just spamming their bullshit. I've seen Pokéani threads here every once in a while, but I hadn't seen one turning into such a shitfest. They were usually more civil. Don't know what triggered so many people.
>>
>>148228910
Are you seriously even trying?
>>
>>148228849
>>148228344 seems to know a lot about what goes on in /vp/ though. And that's not an /a/ image either. So, no, it's not projecting when the post wasn't even trying to pretend otherwise.
>>
>>148228939
That Tierno guy is a notorious shitposter from /vp/ that hates the anime
>>
>>148228938
I don't know. Am I?
I mean, I seriously wanted to talk about anime here, but the assholes in /vp/ are too busy fighting about their waifus, and again, I've seen Pokémon threads here before but I didn't remember them to be such clusterfucks.
>>
>>148228979

>posting a picture that is humiliating to Tierno means I'm the Tierno shitposter

A lot of defense for a shit general and a shit anime, which by the way I kinda enjoyed, I'm glad Alan won
>>
If I ever doubted this thread wasn't a colossal falseflag before, that doubt it definitely gone now.
>>
>>148228258
It's been a meme for a while now. Back in 4th gen it was common to refer to competitive play as a hybrid between Chess and Poker.
>>
>>148229038
The threads are usually fine because mods actually ban faggots like you that try turning them into "/vp/ sure is shitty huh guys lol xd" garbage.

It's also fairly obvious you made this thread to shit on /vp/ and not to discuss Pokemon. Go away now.
>>
>>148229213
Ah, no, really, I didn't. I literally only posted the OP, then >>148212905, >>148212983, and >>148212987 showed up and took a shit on the thread, so I replied with >>148213039.
I just seriously think that the /vp/ general thread is a mess with barely any discussion, and I wanted to talk about this because, yeah, I know that Pokémon isn't very well regarded, but it had tried to win some people back and seeing what they're doing makes me think "shit, they shot themselves on the foot".
>>
>>148229359
The /vp/ thead is fine, it's just a magnet for shitposting, and those shitposters are right here in this thread anyway. And "man those fags on that other board sure are dumb huh guys" is not /a/.
>>
>>148229428
Well, for the next time I just won't say anything about any other board and I'll just say what I really have to say. I rarely come to /a/ but well, good to know.
>>
File: e0db6f4fd84b2ebd535d9f77ea840431.jpg (315KB, 676x1109px) Image search: [Google]
e0db6f4fd84b2ebd535d9f77ea840431.jpg
315KB, 676x1109px
Anyone else excited for more Hanako doing cute mom things?
>>
>>148229466
>I rarely come to /a/
That much was obvious. Please keep it that way.
>>
>>148229502
Problem is, I'm here now
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.