[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smug Vape Duck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 27

File: smug lin.jpg (99KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
smug lin.jpg
99KB, 800x800px
So this show is fucking great. Thunderbolt Fantasy thread
>>
>>148179542
It's not even iron, its just painted wood

UROBUCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
File: 1473456388059.jpg (468KB, 1110x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473456388059.jpg
468KB, 1110x800px
Madoka puppet show when?
>>
Has anyone compiled all the poems yet?
>>
>>148182900
What was shou's poem about again? I think it was about getting things done no matter what the opposition.
>>
>>148183084
>What was shou's poem about again? I think it was about getting things done no matter what the opposition.
Well the first half was about how umbrellas are not that useful in a storm but a determined person can still struggle through without it. And that life might force you to cross muddy streams, and if you need to then it is best done naked, so as to not get your clothes dirty. The poem basically describes Shou's philosophy about fighting without using swords, and on not being too attached to superficial or material things.

This makes him the reverse of Vapduck, who dress to impress and to deceive. Shou keeps a low profile because that's how he likes it. Vapduck is a showoff.
>>
>>148183084
Even a storm that could ruin an umbrella
is not enough to halt a man's journey
Tread through wind and rain, and you're bound to encounter a muddy stream
And if it must be crossed, it is best to do so unclad.

I tried typing the Chinese, but I hate trying to read Chinese fonts. I think in past threads someone had the Chinese typed out.
>>
>>148179542
Just watched the episode since I was watching with a friend. Fucking godlike.
>>
>>148184975
35 more seasons to go.
>>
>>148184585
the unclad part seems weird, even if it's thematicly correct.
>>
>>148185109
Maybe it makes more sense in Chinese, especially if its a Chinese poem.
>>
>>148185109
>the unclad part seems weird, even if it's thematicly correct.
It means take your clothes off, put them in your bag, and carry the bag over your head as you cross the river. Very normal kind of imagery. And it represents Shou's attitude with travelling. He refers a wooden sword because it is more practical.
>>
So no Tan Hi in S2?
>>
>>148187023
We get Red Bard instead.
>>
>>148187023
>So no Tan Hi in S2?
She was the quest giver for season 1 and she really has no other use now that the quest ended. But the hope is we get another cute girl like her somewhere again, as her design was unique for pili.
>>
S2 ideas?
I'm thinking his swords end up leaking somehow, but that might be boring without a strong villain cast.
>>
File: tm revolution puppet.jpg (141KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
tm revolution puppet.jpg
141KB, 1024x666px
>>148187043
Red Bard?
>>
>>148182900
They are compiled/translated under each character on wikipedia's entry for Thunderbolt Fantasy.
>>
>>148188430
I bet TM makes sure every contract gets him paid half in money and the other in cameo/merchandise.
>>
>>148187023
She was probably the weakest part of TBS1. Other than as a plot device to initiate the story and jobber, she didn't have much going for her.

Hopefully Urobuchi gives us something different and closer to the some of the archetypical women you'd find in Wuxia stories
>>
>>148188578
I was actually expecting her to be the schemer all along.
>>
>>148188578
>She was probably the weakest part of TBS1. Other than as a plot device to initiate the story and jobber, she didn't have much going for her.
>Hopefully Urobuchi gives us something different and closer to the some of the archetypical women you'd find in Wuxia stories
She is basically there to give the Japanese someone they recognise. Even the puppet master had to be given instructions to slow down her movements, because traditionally Pili never really had little girl roles before.
>>
>>148179580
Gee I happen to have 36 godswords with me too
>>
File: 1474680760637.jpg (337KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474680760637.jpg
337KB, 1280x720px
>>148179580
That was my favourite part of the episode.
>>
>>148184473
Can it really be called showing off if it means to hide something else? He earned his rep and title from a second job class, and not from the skill he's actually good at.
>>
I want Shofukan & Vape Duck Excellent Adventures. I mean yeah Vape duck followed him but in the last scene of the last episode I want Shofukan to let Vape duck join the party.

It might become gay as fuck but I still want it.
>>
>>148190997
>implying S2 won't be exactly that with VapeDuck pissing off more groups of people and shou having to bail his ass out when he inevitably fucks up and bites off more then he can chew
>>
File: IMG_8917.jpg (496KB, 1513x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8917.jpg
496KB, 1513x2048px
>>148190920
The best is he took the time to paint it.
>>
>>148191202
It'd probably be noticed too easily that he's chopping up dudes with a hunk of wood and cause more of a fuss over him if he didn't though.
>>
>>148190920
I'm really sad Ken never got another chance to kick ass. He's only for baby making now, such a shame.
>>
>>148191749
>I'm really sad Ken never got another chance to kick ass. He's only for baby making now, such a shame.
He was told, that he either gets to be a fake hero or be a house husband. He picked house husband.
>>
>>148191763
I thought he's gonna go full Big Boss, kicking sniper guy's ass with only one eye.

RIP Ken the frozen spear or whatever.
>>
File: baka hiro.gif (275KB, 795x1000px) Image search: [Google]
baka hiro.gif
275KB, 795x1000px
>>148179580
Why were people surprised by this is beyond me. It was making wood noises since episode one.
Even when Shouting Fire Avian remarked, that Sho doesn't even use a sharp piece, people were still believed It's iron, even though the damn thing just kepton making a very distinct sound of wood hitting wood.

Then again, I didn't believe he would be a master swordsman. I took him for a martial artist
>>
>>148191852
The best surprises are always the ones right in your face, kind of like Black Rock Shooter where one character didn't have a shadow and everyone chalked it up to the animation studio being incompetent until it's revealed she's not human or in WIXOSS where LRIG was girl backwards.
>>
>>148191852
I noticed the shitty paintjob, but thought it was something to do with shitty production.
>>
>>148191818
>RIP Ken the frozen spear or whatever.
He gets to thrust his frezen spear inside Tan-Hi and fill her up with white snow every night. I don't see the problem.

It is a common theme in Wuxia that you actually can't be a hero AND have a family. Basically getting married means settling down, and that also means getting stable work to support the household. Being a hero is very much like being a vagabond, and Chinese traditions basically say that it is incompatible with married life.
>>
File: IMG_8919.jpg (720KB, 1513x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8919.jpg
720KB, 1513x2048px
>>148191852
I wanted a fight against 10guy.
>>
>>148191991
And really, that's what makes it different with Western fiction. In Western fiction the hero always saves the girl. But in Chinese fiction the hero, if he wants to stay a hero, would leave the girl even if he saves her. It's sort of the genderbent portrayal of a woman not needing a man. In Wuxia a truly great man is not suppose to need women, and can walk away from attractive females and not look back. That's what is considered "manly".
>>
>>148191991
They got the gold that Vapeduck asked from 10Guy, they should be good for a while.
>>
>>148191852
>Why were people surprised by this is beyond me. It was making wood noises since episode one.
I thought it was the scabbard making the noise. Then when SmokeSwan held it for the first time, I began to doubt till Ken outright confirms it.
>>
>>148179580
It's funny because killer dude said that the guy had no edge in his sword, and everyone agreed with him.
>>
>>148179542
So this show is a flopped
>>
>>148192395
Yeah, when he's swinging it, it pretty much always makes the same sounds as all the other swords did, excepting of course when he's smacking folks with it still in the sheath.
>>
>>148192065
Too many betas in anime nowadays.

Before we had Kenshiro and Kenshin.

I think Japan wants people to reproduce more.

In the 90s, their divorce rates were really high.
>>
>>148192057
Are all the BD covers available already?
>>
File: tfw masterpiece.jpg (134KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tfw masterpiece.jpg
134KB, 1280x1440px
>Betsutengai got grand entrance and hype
>got bitchslapped around

>Screaming Phoenix got grand entrance and hype
>dies like a bitch

>Vape Duck gave the image that he can't fight
>One of the strongest guy

>Shofukan got ridiculed and laughed at
>Basically a demi god

Like pottery. Based Urobuchi.
>>
I bet Vape Duck was thinking: shit I shouldn't have fought tengai, so he would see not only was he not the best, the sword he went to so much trouble to get wasn't that unique either.
>>
>>148179580
I had a suspicion it was a wooden sword since the very first episode. When Rin take a closer look at it, I was convinced.
>>
File: 1457480028931.gif (2MB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
1457480028931.gif
2MB, 420x314px
>>148194017
>Mfw Vape Duck shits all over 10guy's hard work philosophy for the self-congratulatory bullshit that it is.
It's those little Urobuchi moments.
>>
>>148195742
Rin still lost though. Ten Gai died with a satisfying laugh.
>>
>>148196005
>Rin still lost though. Ten Gai died with a satisfying laugh.
Well yeah, because they are both wrong. Rin wanted to troll people so bad that he made the mission to save the world a secondary concern. And that's why 10guy tried to doomed the world on purpose to punish Rin for trolling.

They both lost sight of what was truly important. Both had vanity and both attacked each other's pride. Rin survived, but 10guy won the argument. You really shouldn't joke around when the world is at stake.
>>
>>148196005
>>148196205
The difference is Lin is honest about it (when not outright bullshitting, that is), sure he put the world at risk, but it's not like he has delusions of grandeur because of it.
>>
>>148196373
>The difference is Lin is honest about it (when not outright bullshitting, that is), sure he put the world at risk, but it's not like he has delusions of grandeur because of it.
Note that Rin didn't learn his lesson at all, as Shou bailed him out. Rin's desire to troll villains is suppose to be harmless, but he is too single minded in that endeavour and as we see, meant that he can fall in love with his own voice and monologue. He really should have secured the sword before mocking 10guy.
>>
>>148196373
I love how after he had his mini-breakdown, he immediately ran to the rest and tried to keep a cool air.
Even when he asked Shou if he and the rest could stay back.
>>
>>148196627
>Even when he asked Shou if he and the rest could stay back.
I read that as "you are not expecting the rest of us to help you fight the demon god, are you?"
>>
>>148196541
I feel like he was busy riding on the battle and trolling high he got to grab the sword.
>>
>>148196541
>Rin's desire to troll villains is suppose to be harmless
I don't think it's supposed to be harmless, it's more like he's one of those "force of nature" kind of guys. Trolling is what he does and he'll do no matter what.

>"Our only fear is lest, wishing to gaze our fill at all the beauties of this one life, and to exhaust all the pleasures of the present years, the repletion of the belly should prevent us from drinking what our palate delights in, or the slackening of our strength not allow us to revel with pretty women.
http://sacred-texts.com/tao/ycgp/ycgp09.htm
>>
>>148193050
>that meme again

Given the costs of production were much less compared to a regular show, it didn't necessarily need to pull good numbers to be a success.
>>
File: 1470204507255.jpg (32KB, 550x152px) Image search: [Google]
1470204507255.jpg
32KB, 550x152px
>Listened to this film podcast
>One of the hosts said he just subscribed to CR and now getting into anime
>Oh boy. Here we go. Better prepare to fast forward.
>First anime mentioned: Food Wars (Shokugeki No Soma).
>Yeah fine. At least he didn't say anything about the blatant fanservice.
>Second one
>Fucking Thunderbolt Fantasy
>The guy started proclaiming his love for the serie
>All the things we also love
>He wished there were more wuxia shows delivered to Western audience
Well, that went better than expected.
>>
>>148198369
I know it's utter heresy to even mention something like this, but I have a couple of coworkers who watch anime while being complete nonormalfags, and they don't even have bad tastes.
>>
>>148198500
Many here assume all normalfags worship Naruto, when in reality they mostly come to this medium in a blank state or at most via Ghibli.

Obviously they will avoid all harem, loli, fansercice-esque shows. As much I enjoy those sometimes, once you remove them, the rest is very likely to be shows with good tastes.
>>
>>148198369
Thunderbolt fantasy is actually pretty good show for non-anime watchers.
The whole puppet thing can take a while to get over with, but it also ensures that it looks to be something different.
And overall it's pretty simple sword and sorcery -fantasy story.
>>
>>148199317
>Thunderbolt fantasy is actually pretty good show for non-anime watchers.
If only Crunchy didn't end up with Chinese names on the subs while using Japanese dub. That shit scares away newbies.
>>
>>148199486
Never seen anyone bring that up as a problem.
Non-anime watchers, probably won't pay that much attention to what the actors are actually saying anyways, so would they even notice?
>>
>>148199621
>so would they even notice?
Well even many on /a/ struggle to remember their names, because the sub and dub doesn't match. Many youtubers who watch the show still can't remember any names all the way to the final episode.
>>
>>148198369
>some normalfag watches it
>"its pretty good to be honest, at least its not 2D"
how do i respond?
>>
>>148199621
The problem is that japanese names sound okayish to most westerners, they can actually say the, even some americans, while chink names are totally unpronounceable to everyone but chinks.
>>
>tfw I share similar personality traits with Shoufukan and Saitama

Is this a good thing?
>>
>>148199810
Well, I generally don't remember names overall, so it's all same for me.
>>
>>148199929
You mean you're a lazy bum? That's not healthy, anon.
>>
>>148200255
Lazy until circumstances dictate that I can't be lazy at a given time or if I give enough of a shit to put effort In something I like or feel like doing something of my own Volition
>>
>>148199486

I prefer their english dub names
>Vape Duck
>10gay
>Shang
>Screaming Phoenix Dude
>>
>>148191852
I never noticed the sounds, tbqh.
>>
>>148202198
Its subtle, but it became more obvious as the series went on. Hearing metal being pulled by Screaming Phoenix when he unsheathed made me fully realize.
>>
>>148188426
I have a wild guess for S2.

S2 will be set in the west with Pili's own characters. S1 was like an introduction course to Taiwanese puppet theater and wuxia, so it makes sense that S2 will be about introducing Pili now that the audience accepts puppets.
Especially since Pili has its own set of themes and recurring characters that anyone willing to watch Pili has to know.

What do you think, anons? Would you like S2 to be Urobuchi's Pili fanfiction?
>>
Does Pili ever have horses?
>>
>>148204356
Of course they do.
>>
>>148205347
How does that work? CG and a seat, or more puppets?
>>
>>148204164
Yes. Maybe next he could animate his Equilibrium fan fiction.
>>
>>148206061
They hobble up and down while banging two coconut halves.
>>
Episode 13's niconico rating.

>>148206061
Puppet, CG if they're lazy.
>>
>>148206061
https://twitter.com/fufeng99/status/782516257425764352
>>
File: 1418062397462.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1418062397462.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>148206820
Anon, please.

>>148206933
Good god do I want to see Shoufukan lose control of a horse now. Thanks for that.
>>
>>148182900
I looked through the threads a while ago and made this, tell me if something got a better translation.

Poem Compilation Part 1:

Betsutengai's poem EP 01
「萬物之生,死亡之序。奉吾則功上枯骨,逆吾則劍下亡魂。寒刃之前,唯此二道」
JP Translation:
万物の生命の誕生、それは死の序章に過ぎぬ。我に従えれば、我の偉業を成し遂げる力となり、光栄の内に死に至る。我に服さねば、我の剣で斬られ屍骸となるのみ。我の冷たい刃の前にはこの二択のみ。
The birth of all things is but the prelude to their deaths. Submit and die as my strength in glory; oppose and die by my sword in ignominy: before the cold steel of my blade the world is but two paths

One-Eyed Impaler’s poem EP 02
「雙目不能視物,隻眼能望千里。凝吾眸光成箭,奪人不避之命。」
JP Translation:
双眸をもって何も見えない者もいれば、隻眼にて千里を見通す者もいる。
私が目を凝らせばその視線は矢となり、逃げ切れぬ者の命を奪い取る。

双目は物を見えず
隻眼が千里を望む
吾が眸の光を凝らせと箭と成り
it's perfectly logical to read it the kundoku way.

there are people who can't see shit with two eye.
yet there are one-eyed who see miles ahead.
my sharp sight condensed into arrow,
that takes life of those who couldn't escape (from me)

Screaming Phoenix Killer’s poem EP 05
「今朝啼鳥訴生死,眾生執迷;江湖宿命無人悟,一劍終末。」

JP Translation:
今朝啼いた鳥が生死を告げていたが、俗衆は依然として迷っている。江湖の宿命を悟れる者は誰一人いない、それ故俺が一剣で終末をもたらしてやるのだ。
Today the bird sings about life and death, and the audience is enthralled; The life of a pugilist is understood by no one, and ends via the sword.
>>
>>148207576
Poem Compilation Part 2:

Keigai’s poem EP 06
「妖歌吟,鴆花蜜,鎮亡夜之魂,惑永寐之軀。生人樂舞,屍亦婆娑。幽冥絕麗之界,不聞人語,唯識月光。」
JP Translation:
妖魔の歌は毒花の蜜、夜に彷徨う魂を鎮め、永遠の眠りについた躯を魅了する。舞踏とは、生者のみの楽しみでなく、死者も舞うもの。美しい幽冥界において、俗世の声は聞こえず、月光のみを感じればよい。

ichi.moe attempt:
The song of ghosts is poisonous flower's nectar
Appeasing spirits prowling in the night
Mesmerizing corpses that had fallen asleep for eternity
Dance is not only something to be enjoyed by living beings
The dead, too, will dance
In the beautiful Afterworld the voice of the earthly life cannot be heard
Only under moonlight it can be experienced

Tanhi’s poem EP 07
「膺懷丹心承天命,身負恩仇江湖行;裂棄柔絲綺羅絹,付盡情夢仗寒兵。」
JP Translation:
真心を持って天命を継ぎ、恩讐を背負い江湖に生きる。柔らかな絹を引き裂いて捨て(普通の女性らしい人生を送る事が出来ない事の象徴)、夢を葬り、冷たい刃を手に掴む。
Devoted to succeed fate,
Living in world burdened with love and hate,
I will tear and throw away silk (symbolises not being able to live an ordinary woman's life)
Burying the dream,
I will grab the cold edge (of sword) with my hand
>>
>>148207660
Poem Compilation Part 3:

Rinsetsua’s poem EP 08
「幽夜匿形不謂隱,明光伏影是迷觀。虛實由來如一紙,誰識幻中吾真顏?」
JP Translation:
闇に潜っての画策は忍びの技とは言えぬ、光の中で人の目を惑わせてこそ真の力なり。虚実の境は紙一重、幻惑の裏の我が素顔を誰が見抜けるだろうか?
Subterfuge is not always about lurking in the darkness
Some shadows remain hidden in the light.
A hair's breadth seperates truths form lies
And none will gaze beyond the illusion to see my true face.

Ken’s poem EP 11
「人笑良圖若華胥,吾志凌雲意堅行。不與浮榮競朝夕,無憾黃沙染身時。」
JP Translation:
理想が高い夢と笑われようと、俺はこの凌雲の志を貫く。上辺だけの虚名を追いかけるより、命を落とす時心残りなく生きたい。
People laugh that good intentions are just unrealistic,
my will is higher than the clouds and I will uphold to it.
don't race time for fame and fortune
and never regret when you die

良圖: good intention
華胥: a place in mythology, meaning not real
朝夕: morning and afternoon, meaning time
黃沙染身(originally 命染黃沙): die

Shoufukan’s poem EP 13
狂風驟雨催紙傘
The fierce wind and strong rain hasten the umbrella
遊人浪跡步不休
The wanderer's footprints never stop
天地滂沱如何渡
How do you cross such an endless world?
簑衣褪盡任濁流
Raincoat was faded by the muddy water
>>
File: Ep 13 10guy, Rin, and Shou.png (340KB, 1181x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Ep 13 10guy, Rin, and Shou.png
340KB, 1181x1668px
I also typeset the 2 comics translated last thread.
>>
>>148206933
It seems like puppetry on tv can get away with anything as long as they don't show full-body shots.

Is this pili or goldlight?
>>
File: Ep 13 Shou and Rin.png (420KB, 1181x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Ep 13 Shou and Rin.png
420KB, 1181x1668px
>>
>>148206873
I don't remember anything else that rated as high.
>>
>>148206873
What are the other boxes for?
>>
>>148208096
Usually certain SoLs tend to rate that high or even higher, but it's nice when action shows like KlK and Fafner get rated that well.
>>
>>148207922
It's a character from Pili.

Seems like Pili got really crazy after running for dozens of years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBey_GGGUpI
>>
>>148191202
>>148192057
And the first one?
>>
>>148208584
I think it wouldn't be totally out of place to have sentient mythical creatures in their worlds. At least for now, it's just a guy in a dog skin.

They really need to learn to animate CG animals better though, or they should have made a puppet close-up for the white dog.
>>
>148208961
Because whole things are made by them,
the scripts, puppets, CG, the scene, DVD.
The professional divided into too many parts.
Remember, they are not rich as Japanese anime company
>>
File: IMG_8915.jpg (249KB, 738x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8915.jpg
249KB, 738x1000px
>>148208722
>>
>>148209171
I was under the impression that this was a government-subsidized art form. It now seems like its not.
>>
>>148209213
Why is Vapeduck so handsome?
>>
File: IMG_8914.jpg (153KB, 591x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8914.jpg
153KB, 591x800px
>>148209495
So that he can cosplay has a woman for his hobby.
>>
File: IMG_8916.jpg (824KB, 1513x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8916.jpg
824KB, 1513x2048px
>>148191202
>>
>>148209495
It's the mask.
>>
File: IMG_8918.jpg (847KB, 1513x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8918.jpg
847KB, 1513x2048px
>>148192057
>>
>>148209640
Not so fabulous without the lipstick.
>>
>>148200505
If there was a dub I would fight with tooth and nail just to be the voice of Vape Duck. He has most of the good lines.
>>
>>148208961
>it's just a guy in a dog skin.

He also happens to wield a spine sword.
>>
>>148208584
I'd seen figures of this guy before but I never expected the actual puppet to just have a plush toy's head shoved on it. It's way too cute.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (23KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
23KB, 300x225px
>>148209868
Oh so it is.
>>
>>148209640
I never realized how gaudy this fucker looked.
>>
>>148210323
more like best10GAY am I right?
>>
>>148209403
nah.........Taiwan government prefers support electronic industry, like TSMC, hTC, Foxoconn.
Other production without governmental support was worked for other big national company, like Disney, SquareEnix. FFXIV opening is made by Taiwanese company. We have good CGI company, good puppet show maker. Sad about we cannot combine it together
>>
Urobuchi made me love puppets and he took responsibility. Surely after another season of this the fad will catch on.
>>
[evil laughter]
>>
File: CthLfkRUAAAB5uK.jpg (265KB, 839x1191px) Image search: [Google]
CthLfkRUAAAB5uK.jpg
265KB, 839x1191px
Anyone will buy this?
>>
>>148210698
Is it porn?
>>
>>148209640
>>148210323
It really looks like he dressed up to marry the Tengyouken.
>>
>>148211089
He probably was.
And then he was gonna fuck it, like any gentleman would.
>>
>>148207865
>>148207996
Nice, thanks.
>>
>>148211901
>fucking a sword
He spent too long on Pixiv.
>>
File: shocked puppets.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
shocked puppets.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>>148209640
Why does his sword have eyes

Did anyone else notice this, because his sword has fucking eyes in it
>>
>>148214649
It was a cool design, and weird.
I preferred it to the others he had.
>>
>>148214649
Kens reaction is my favorite.
>>
File: 1472871258085.webm (614KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472871258085.webm
614KB, 800x450px
>>148214982
His puppeteer definitely had fun with him.
>>
>>148214649
I made sure to draw the eyes on sword before. I didn't realise how startled it makes his crotch look though.
>>
Some guy on reddit has been subbing the DVD extras.

https://www.reddit.com/user/Jeroz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvpNL_lU3-o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiGNha5KWHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-w4HJgpik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCGTHUAwPo
>>
You think Urobuchi is going to asspull Keigai is actually alive in season 2?
>>
>>148209403
>I was under the impression that this was a government-subsidized art form. It now seems like its not.
Taiwanese government used to be anti-Pili because the GMT was against the language they used. The Huan family basically survived by their own bootstraps the entire time up to now.

On the other hand in China, what's left of puppetry is protected as a cultural art, but it is not much more than a curiosity at this point that holds no significance in the population there.
>>
>>148209403
>government-subsidized art form

Pretty sure the Taiwanese government would have the puppet show in mandarin if it was subsidized. The Taiwanese media that gets shown stateside in America pretends pretty hard min nan hua doesn't even exist.
>>
>>148209213
thanks
>>
>>148215908
Not really an asspull as she was never shown to die. She's a magical demon, she could've teleported a way for all we know.

I do hope she comes back though.
>>
>>148215908
They said demons don't die, only come back in some other way. What if loli Keigai?
>>
>>148190920
Am I the only one that wondered if ancient china was advanced enough to make silver paint?
>>
>>148217410
You're not, but I imagine there are metallic looking beetles and stones you could grind. It could be that paint was the most expensive thing on Shoufukan's person, disregarding his access to the swords.
>>
>>148217627
I mean, paint wasn't exactly something easy to obtain back then, since only nobles were able to get blue, red or yellow painted clothing.
But since the Sho managed to get 36 legendary swords, maybe he managed to get on some sort of magic paint or something.
>>
>>148217410
There are electroplated swords from 200 BC so paint doesn't seem that advanced by comparison.
>>
File: Ct5HgfOUkAASr-j.jpg (25KB, 611x402px) Image search: [Google]
Ct5HgfOUkAASr-j.jpg
25KB, 611x402px
Has episode 0 been ripped yet?
>>
>>148191966
I thought they were just trying to make it look like a worn out piece of crap.
>>
>report every single thread for this for the first half of the season
>mods clearly not doing shit about it, so give up
>"at least they'll fuck off once it's done airing"
>S2 announcement
>this thread
There's no winning. Fuck you Urobuchi. Fuck you.
>>
>>148217410
It's wuxia. Wuxia land operates differently.
>>
>>148193586
>In the 90s, their divorce rates were really high.

That's pretty standard for developed countries though.
>>
File: 1469812046392.jpg (197KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469812046392.jpg
197KB, 500x600px
>>148221646
Join us then.
>>
File: 0027bSlXgy71HVNpUFS6c&690.jpg (94KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
0027bSlXgy71HVNpUFS6c&690.jpg
94KB, 950x633px
>>148214649
Ancient Chinese kings, nobles like to decorate their sword's cross guard with face of beast
>>
>>148200397
So a normal human being? Your parents must spoil you too much.
>>
>>148184585
wikipedia has a different translation.

Though sudden storms and fierce winds press against my umbrella, this wandering traveler does not stop. As to how I cross the torrential waves of the world, I simply change my cloak and endure these turbid waters.
>>
>>148224427
Both translations sort of work for the same thematic point, but since its a poem a slight change in the word can change a lot.

I much prefer HS subs (although it isn't the most perfect translation), and I looked up the words that I didn't know and HS is a tad bit closer to how I would translate the poem into English.
>>
>>148224427
Eh, the meaning and sentiments are still retained, so it's fine.

The same can't be said for the CR translations for the terms like the sword names.
>>
>>148225044
>>148225076
sure, they do carry the same meaning. I just find it odd since the other translation makes it sound like you should go naked through the storm.

It's just... odd imagery.
>>
>>148225657
>odd imagery
You should read/watch Return of the Condor Heroes. There's a martial arts technique that must be practised naked because something something about qi trapped within the clothing disrupting the flow.
>>
File: 1473443460240 (1).jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473443460240 (1).jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>148225076
Original:
狂風驟雨催紙傘,
遊人浪跡步不休。
天地滂沱如何渡,
蓑衣褪盡任濁流

HS:
Even a storm that could ruin an umbrella
is not enough to halt a man's journey
Tread through wind and rain, and you're bound to encounter a muddy stream
And if it must be crossed, it is best to do so unclad.

Wiki:
Though sudden storms and fierce winds press against my umbrella
this wandering traveler does not stop.
As to how I cross the torrential waves of the world,
I simply change my cloak and endure these turbid waters.

My experience with Chinese Literature, especially Classical Chinese Poetry is non-exisistent but this is my translation, taking into account Shang and theme of TBF.
I don't know if there should be a meter since I don't know Min (although the syllable count is the same), but it doesn't sound like narrator is rhyming

Mine:
The storm showers against an umbrella,
A roaming traveler endlessly wanders on.
As to how he crosses these torrential floods of the world,
He takes off his coat and gives it to the turbid flowing water.

The main difference is the translation of the last line of the poem.

Quite a bit of water flowing imagery.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.