[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Volume covers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: light novels.jpg (836KB, 1160x725px) Image search: [Google]
light novels.jpg
836KB, 1160x725px
What's better,
Volume covers depicting j single character like Bleach's

Or covers depicting a clusterfuck of characters, making it a mess like One Piece's?
>>
It's not the cover that's important. You'll only see it for a few seconds anyway.
It's the back that matters. It'll stare at you from your bookshelf for years.
>>
>>147656475
Single character.
>>
Dunno but this is way better for Haganai.
>>
>>147656672
When a new cover comes out I always get hyped and start thinking why that character is on the cover.

And when I'm bored I go to a volumes databases/wikis and look at a certain series covers from vol 1 up to the latest/final.
Am I the only one
>>
>>147656475
One character cover have a cool factor and it's exciting to try guessing who'll appear next/when your favorite will get one (unless you're fucked over because the answer is never)
But it doesn't tell you much about the series

Multiple characters can lead to a clusterfuck but I like it when a mangaka depict a scene or the mood of the story in a cover.

>>147656672
Colorful covers like those of Punpun, Chihayafuru or AssClass are great for that.
>>
>>147656475
Seeing it like this, I realized how boring these covers are. The only ones to stand out are Durarara!! and Fate/zero.
>>
>>147656993
Thats why Character cover works best for SoL/harems. It's especially great if the character on the cover is relevant to the volume arc in question
>>
File: Bleach_Volume_66.png (1MB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bleach_Volume_66.png
1MB, 764x1200px
Bleach's covers have more depth than the actual series
>>
>Character covers>depicting a scene of an important event>multiple character covers>Shit>Series that only uses a single character for all of their volumes i.e. StB, Rakudai, and 3/4 of TWGOK
>>147656993
>mangaka depict a scene or the mood of the story in a cover
Great taste. SnK does this well.
>>
>>147657121
>All those Bleach characters that didn't get a cover
>Ichigo gets fucking four
I know he's the MC and all but still
>>
>>147656672
>Volume backs that connects to make a small picture like a puzzle
GOAT
>>
>>147657188
>Series that only uses a single character for all of their volumes
That shit is terrible in long-running series. My only exception would be Vagabond but that's because Inoue's art is that good.

>SnK does this well.
True. His art has many faults but his covers are usually very good.

On the subject of shonen manga, FMA had great covers too. Jojo's one are often very stylish. And while they're a bit of a clusterfuck of "I don't care what's happening, I'll draw whatever I want" the HxH ones are usually cool too.
>>
File: fullmetal.png (726KB, 600x914px) Image search: [Google]
fullmetal.png
726KB, 600x914px
>>147657496
FMA later volumes were GOAT
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.