[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Highschool DxD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I want to get into the LN should I pick up where the anime left off or read from the beginning? Its not like the anime skipped too much right?
>>
>>147656192

Considering the last part of s3 was totally new. Yea just start from #1 faggot.

Always better
>>
>>147656192
The best thing would be starting from the beginning. But If you really want to skips some volumes then start from last chapter of vol.4 I think. It shows first effects of the truce they got. And keep in mind that Issei had his arm turn into real dragon arm with scales and shit and not just simple Boosted Gear appearing.
Read it with series OST as it's seriously good.
Season 3 beside like 3 first episodes went full "fuck logic and LN plot".
>>
Wasn't there supposed to be a new sidestory out soon with Elmenhilde in it? Any news on that?
>>
>>147656192
Read a Demon among Devils instead.
>>
>>147656192
>Its not like the anime skipped too much right?
Anime did well until S3, which was pretty much rewritten as a whole, start with volume 5 if you really don't want to read through them after seeing the anime
>>
>>147656192
Read it from the beginning. Don't make the newfag mistake of starting from the anime end-point for anime LN or manga. The transition is never seamless and the difference between watching anime and reading a novel is so vastly different that you will likely regret having skipped so many volumes. You're reading an ecchi series for fucks sake don't skip ahead just for the sake of saving time.
>>
>>147657323
>>147656960
I'll do these, thanks
>>147657114
Wasn't there a bonus volume released that retconned S3? Is that translated?
>>
>>147656986
You're probably thinking about the old SS being compiled in DX.3.
>>
>>147657407
>Wasn't there a bonus volume released that retconned S3?
You're talking about EX it's also on Baka-Tsuki.
>>
>>147656192
Some differences in the first 4 LN
-There are more echi events in the anime
-Explain various passive skill that Issei learn after he become a demon (The most notable is that he can speak every language, because this he can speak with Asia even is she is a foreign)
-Add some foreshadowing like that Rias explain that already have a bishop, but he cant use yet vs raiser(Gasper) and Kiba heard about a Sacred sword user gets angry
-Rearrange various events (The most notable is that Irina reappear in the event on LN4 in the anime, meanwhile this happen in LN7)
>>
>finally reading Volume 22 Life.2
Feels good to finally see Issei becoming a high-class devil.
>>
File: 1468443660237.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1468443660237.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>147656192
start with vol 5 S3 was a major remix of 5 later vols
>>
>>147657562
has EX been fully translated yet?
>>
>>147662720
The first half is the second half is still summaries i believe? Can't check site is down for me.
>>
File: 1461125000144.jpg (1013KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1461125000144.jpg
1013KB, 1240x1754px
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.