[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think of Paranoia Agent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: PA.jpg (51KB, 704x384px) Image search: [Google]
PA.jpg
51KB, 704x384px
What does /a/ think of Paranoia Agent?
>>
File: plese.png (53KB, 215x191px) Image search: [Google]
plese.png
53KB, 215x191px
>>147606029
Cool OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U
I can't really remember any of the plot because I only watched it's original run on adult swim.
>>
>>147606029
God tier OP.

That was pretty much it.
>>
File: paranoia_agent_game_over.jpg (14KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
paranoia_agent_game_over.jpg
14KB, 640x352px
It was a wild ride,
>>
It seems it's one of those shows you really like or you really don't. I'm in the former camp.
>>
>>147606029
I don't remember anything about it, but I liked it.
>>
>>147606029
It was good.
>>
If Lil Slugger was a figment of Tsukiko's imagination, then who was the kid that committed suicide?
>>
>>147606029

Satoshi Kon was pretty consistent in his story telling throughout his career--psychological thrillers with absurd imagery and really unique directing style. That's what you get with this show as well.

I haven't seen this show in a while, but if I remember correctly the anime was a bit episodic and focused on many characters. There were lots of visual metaphors, and the shonen bat himself was a metaphor.

Great soundtrack, as always. Kon seemed to love pairing up with Susumu Hirasawa. I agree with others that the opening theme is really great.

Pretty good anime if you want something to make you think, and which is made for an adult audience. No teen fetish bait or overused tropes to be found.

I remember liking the show, but I really should watch it again. Probably haven't seen it in over 5 years.
>>
>>147606850
Lil Slugger was created by Tsukiko's imagination but enough people believed and wished for him to absolve them from their problems that he became real. The kid they caught was some other kid who was a copycat. we he realized that they were going to throw the book at him, he had a breakdown and wanted to kill himself but Lil Slugger heard his plight and killed him.
>>
>>147606029
One of my favorite shows with one of my favorite moments in all of anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3auLAWvQL8

It's not a perfect show by any means but it's definitely under-watched.
>>
>>147607171
Pretty much this. Lil Slugger was a tulpa that was born from mass hysteria.
>>
>>147606177

It's a pretty based show, especially compared to most of what we get these days.
>>
File: 1457597623219.jpg (97KB, 900x753px) Image search: [Google]
1457597623219.jpg
97KB, 900x753px
>>147606029
I want a western adaption by BBC or AMC. Fantastic premise and atmosphere. It's the type of anime that screams for some hollywood kike to come and rip it off, just like some of Kon's other works.
>>
I didn't like it. It was one of the first anime I watched, but it was too deep for me at the time. Maybe I should rewatch it considering I like Kons other works.
>>
>>147608381
It's really not deep once it becomes clear what Shounen Bat is and why he was cultivated.
>>
>>147608368
But Japanese attitudes are central to the show, it wouldn't really work in a different setting without being changed a hell of a lot.
>>
>>147608443
Nah, I mean you're partially right but still, a lot of the show is universal. The whole show is about seeking an out after being "cornered" by modern society, that's endemic to almost everywhere now.

Stuff like yakuza, house payment, daughter filming shit wouldn't work, but stuff like the arrogant class-rep or the suicide trio + loli would work well everywhere. The creation of lil' slugger being based on a lie is also topical considering the current political climate.
>>
>>147608533
I think it goes a little further than just using Shounen Bat as an excuse. The fact that Maromi and Shounen Bat are different sides of the same coin is inseparable from the reformation of Japanese society after the second world war.

While it's just one of several interpretations, this article does a really good job of explaining the relevance of Maromi in the creation of Shounen Bat and the relevance of all the atom bomb references.
https://sittingonanatomicbomb.com/2010/08/27/the-true-brilliance-of-paranoia-agent-and-why-its-all-about-the-bomb/

You certainly could use the idea of Paranoia Agent in a different setting but something would have to replace those two central aspects of the show in order for it to be anywhere near as meaningful.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.