[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The original run of Armored Trooper Votoms is considered by many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

The original run of Armored Trooper Votoms is considered by many to be the greatest in the mecha anime genre. Do you agree, though?
>>
mecha is gay
>>
Not sure if it was the greatest, but it was pretty damn great.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (24KB, 620x132px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
24KB, 620x132px
I haven't watched it yet.
I'm planning on watching it during an upcoming deployment
>>
>>147550363
For me it is not the best at any one thing, but it is the best at bringing evrything to the table. The designs are realistic and resemble armor of the day. The voice actors were good, the writing was good, the action scenes were for the most part realistic, and the music was amazing.

I finally found the complete series in the tin at a convention and bought it immediately.

Unfortunately the sequels and spinoffs were never able to be as good, though Merrowlink came close.
>>
One of the greatest
>>
Define 'greatest'.

I've always leaned closer towards the Macross side of the genre, rather than the grit and realism side.

Feel me?
>>
It's really good, but the ending was disappointing because its a ripoff
>>
File: 30567416.jpg (568KB, 1000x701px) Image search: [Google]
30567416.jpg
568KB, 1000x701px
The best thing about the series is how there are 5 arcs where the setting changes. It really has a strong sci-fi exploration feeling about the worlds they visit, but the realistic mecha don't draw attention to that fact. It makes the worlds seem more plausible and alive.
>>
I think the very first arc dragged for too long.
My personal favorite arc was the jungle one.

A very good series. Haven't watched the OVAs yet.

>>147551827
Agreed
>>
>>147550363
Ehhhh, i thought it was good, pretty good at parts. Dougram was worse at the start, but way better in the last third.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.