[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good concepts wasted on poorly executed anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: __milinda_brantini_heavy_object.png (1MB, 1082x1536px) Image search: [Google]
__milinda_brantini_heavy_object.png
1MB, 1082x1536px
>>
>giant mechas in war
>good concept
????

The ENTIRE appeal of this show was the characters.
>>
File: 1454731498612.png (189KB, 777x642px) Image search: [Google]
1454731498612.png
189KB, 777x642px
Every trapped in another fantasy/game world ever made.
>>
Penguindrum
>>
Nah dog the LNs are shit too
>>
>>147375585
That's because Japanese authors just try to disguise their generic fantasy stories with the "game" thing without being really writing about a game.

People in a game its a concept that can work if is actual people trapped in a game, but usually both the events and characters behave like in a fantasy story then is wraped with the game gimmick.

.//hack sign understood it and make it well. ALthough that series had its own issues like the slow pace, but the execution of the premise was flawless
>>
Having a dog as a harem MC. They needed better writers.
>>
>>147375485
Hime has a name?
>>
It wouldn't been poorly executed if they adapted the right volumes. We could have had Quenser destroying an object by throwing sand at it.
>>
>>147375868
The other thing that sets .hack//SIGN apart from other "set in a game world" stories is that most have the setup of all the characters being trapped in that world, whereas .hack had only Tsukasa actually trapped, and the rest of the characters coming and going as dictated by their real world needs.

Sword Art Online kind of does that later on, but still doesn't really adequately explore the implications of life inside a game world.
>>
>>147376820
In the anime he destroyed one just by talking shit at it.
>>
>>147376842
The only thing that triggered me from SAO and the reason I couldn't finish it was that everyone acted like a fantasy character not like a person.

People talking like a knight to a Princess, calling her "sama" or peope dressing as if they are part of an army and bulling people from an orphanage, all that has sense in a fantasy setting but not in this one.

Tried to give the chance again and skiped to the S2 and at the very first episode all the same bullshit again, people talking like if they were on an actual battlefield instead of a game.

It could be justified partially just by "roleplaying" but the characters aren't even doing that, they are just characters from a sci fi series struck with a fantasy script.
>>
>>147378073
I never particularly noticed that aspect, mostly because there were so many problems I had with the series it's all a big blur of suck to me.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on how Log Horizon handled that aspect. My take is that some characters seemed to dive right into the role they were playing, but most were pretty clearly a modern person dumped into a fantasy setting.
>>
>>147375485
>Good concept
Yeah Hime was a good concept.
>>
>>147375485
stop it heavy object poster

you already convinced me to pick up the LNs
>>
HO LNs/threads will never get as much attention on /a/ as NT/Raildex so stop spamming them
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.