[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone worry about the future of scanlation and mango; that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Does anyone worry about the future of scanlation and mango; that it might go the same way as fansubbing did? If lots of new manga keep getting licensed and if you have to pay to read, and therefore rip, them do you think that will limit what is available to us compared to before online reading and licensing were really a thing?

Obviously licensed anime still gets ripped and series are available, but what about a time when people aren't willing to pay to do it? To say nothing of the fact that licensing and the increased commercial presence of manga (and anime) in the west make it more likely for pirating to be cracked down on, and easier for 'authorities' to do it.

pic not related to the question, as far as I know.
>>
I know I wouldn't bother scanlating anything I do now if it got licensed.
>>
As I'm not an EOP, all I care about are raws.
>>
>>147334445
That's why I think this is actually something to be concerned about.

>>147334546
>been on /a/ nearly a decade
>could have learned moon
>too lazy
I deserve death I guess.
>>
Sure, it will happen to an extent, but there's so much untranslated manga, and there's so much more new manga than anime that it's much harder to run out of unlicensed content.
>>
>>147334873
Start now.
I think Japanese is much easier to learn compared to other languages because I actively want to interface with the media, which gives me motivation and easy ways to absorb some knowledge by osmosis, or by translating moon.
>>
>>147334873
>That's why I think this is actually something to be concerned about.
That was the mindset of the first generation of scanlators.
Later scanlators went about with less scruples and freely distributed licensed manga for epeen.
>>
>>147338099
There's nothing wrong with distributing licensed works.
>>
There is far too much untranslated manga to worry about that. It's literally impossible to license enough content to fill the widening gap. Between all the magazines, there are probably dozens of Jew serializations each month, and then the hundreds of thousands of untranslated titles before that.

Just learn moon.
>>
>>147333266
Thankfully Crunchy sucks at translating manga
>>
>>147338370
That's true, but sometimes really good stuff gets picked up and that could conceivably prevent it from being accessible.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.