[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are reverse traps not as popular as regular traps?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: i64oYzN.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i64oYzN.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why are reverse traps not as popular as regular traps?
>>
dunno but they're the best
>>
File: machinegun.jpg (8KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
machinegun.jpg
8KB, 211x239px
>>147300806
Agreed
>>
Despite being theorically straight, it's somewhat gayer than a simple trap or genderbender since the character thinks they're falling in love with a guy. Think the Shota arc of Tomo-chan or Mulan even.
>>
>>147300992
They don't necessarily have to fall in love with them, the men just have to think the girl is a boy. Then when its revealed that she's a girl they can fuck
>>
Not really related, but is there a word for a character who you think is gonna be a trap, but it turns out they're an actual girl?
>>
>>147301106
Androgynous?
Tomboy?
>>
It's more of a shoujo trope. It does happen in male-targetted series, though, but it tends to get pushed away real quick because its harder to have fanservice when a character has to dress like a dude all the time.
>>
Because men aren't so much attracted to vaginas as they are attracted to women.
>>
>>147300779
Because they're everywhere in shoujo manga, like a plague. A boring plague.
>>
>>147300992
Mulan is a 9/10 would fuq and I'm fine with the Shota arc of Tomo. Stop having such shit taste. Would you not eat a great steak simply because the packaging wasn't the same as your normal brand of meat? Why limit yourself from the joys of life senselessly.
>>
File: 1473702612118.jpg (124KB, 430x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473702612118.jpg
124KB, 430x640px
Don't ask too many questions
>>
>>147301499
Are they done almost the same way every time? Because I can see why it would get annoying. But the same can be said of traps in shounen.

Are there any done really well? That's the question.
>>
>>147301200
Nah mate, tomboy is just a girl with a lot of boyish traits. Just that artists like to take it a step further sometimes and make them look like boys too.

And there ain't a word for what you're looking for, except maybe "fakeout" or "bait-and-switch" if it's all intentional.
>>
>>147302477
There are some older shoujo manga that do a good job with that type of character. It's usually because the setting is historical so the girl(s) have a good reason for needing to pass as a man. As time went on, though, it turned into a mere gimmick to get FeMCs into mostly male areas for maximum fanservice with minimum effort.
>>
>>147301106
Either reverse reverse trap or a girl who looks like a boy who looks like a girl.
>>
File: stillpissed.png (95KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
stillpissed.png
95KB, 1000x900px
>>147304187
Also I'm still pissed this wasn't a girl.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.