[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people on /a/ unironically shit on Miyazaki why do you do this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 15

File: 1526242628.jpg (287KB, 1200x1477px) Image search: [Google]
1526242628.jpg
287KB, 1200x1477px
>people on /a/ unironically shit on Miyazaki

why do you do this
>>
>>146989110
>people on /a/ don't like stuff that I like

Why is this even allowed
>>
>>146989148
>People on /a/ don't have the exact same taste and opinions that I do
This should be ban worthy
>>
>>
He's the anime industry's "old man yells at cloud" archetype
>>
>>146989148

>people on /a/ shit on one of the greatest living directors not just in anime, not just in animation as a whole, but in film as a whole
>people on /a/ hold up shitty TV series nobody cares about on a pedestal because the more obscure something is, the more "patrician" and "hardcore" it is

Why is this even allowed
>>
>>146989110
contrarianism
>>
>>146989110
he's just an old angry hasbeen who can't get with the times.
>>
>>146989323
>people on /a/ disagree with me and I can't handle the banter

Over the line tbqh
>>
>>146989402
the times are garbage
>>
anime was a mistake - Miyazaki, a real human
anime was a mistake - MItarai, a fictional character

Where's your God now?
>>
I would like to shit on him, but I honestly can't think of a reason to hate his films, they're all very good.
>>
>>146989323
Some people actually value animators
>>
Because his films are mediocre and pretentious and he really only got popular because he got a head start working in the anime industry before it got as big as it is today.
>>
>>146989440
So why hasn't he worked to change it?
>>
File: 1395366158654.jpg (14KB, 305x350px) Image search: [Google]
1395366158654.jpg
14KB, 305x350px
>>146989110
I dunno
He's got a bit of money so if his kink so happens to be Cleveland Steamers, then I've no problem with it
I'd please old men for money
>>
Hasn't Miyazaki said in the past that he's a feminist?

There's your answer for why everyone on here hates him.
>>
>>146989759
because he has no chance of changing it, he already was being forced to change some of his preferred ways of doing things to stay somewhat efficient.
>>
File: hifumi12.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hifumi12.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
>>146989110
>op unironically sucks off Miyazaki

why do you do this

heck, that shouldn't even be done ironically, either
>>
>>146989378
>projecting
>>
>>146989323
>one of the greatest living directors
back in a day

those days are gone
>>
>>146989927
wtf I hate Miyazaki now
>>
>>146989992
>not arguing
>>
>>146990147
FINALLY someone says it
>>
>>146989954
>not liking old man dick
HAHA WHAT A GAY
>>
>>146990147
>3D Women were a mistake
ftfy
>>
>>146990165
>Anything is degeneracy if people only focus on the degenerate parts.
We would, in feminisms case, but those nothing else to focus on.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>146990165
>but not in society
yes, god forbid women put up with the AC being too cold and have to wear a sweater
>>
>>146990165
>Women are equal in the eye of the law but not in society, feminism is still needed.
Are you for real? Most people view women as either being delicate flowers who can never be harmed or criticized or perfect beings who are superior in every way to men. Fuck outta here.
>>
File: 1440155113187.jpg (572KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440155113187.jpg
572KB, 1920x1080px
The fucking guy made Castle of Cagliostro. Clearly he's a genius.
>>
>>146989266

but he's right
>>
I'd show his films to kids who want a better Disney. He's just not for me.
>>
>>146990218
There's nothing else to focus on because it's pretty mundane.
>>
>>146990165
There's more double standards in Western society that disadvantage men than women. Most shit that men are criticized for is due to them naturally being like that, and anything women are criticized for is due to social conditioning and misogyny and is totally not their fault or responsibility.
>>
>>146990292
>Are you for real? Most people view women as either being delicate flowers who can never be harmed or criticized or perfect beings who are superior in every way to men. Fuck outta here.
That sounds very equal.
>>
>>146989266
I'd yell at the clouds too if they were actively becoming less enjoyable to look at
>>
>>146990292
>perfect beings who are superior in every way to men
These folks are out of their damn minds.
But how widespread? I've only ever run into two in thirty years.
>>
>>146990398
>Equality is giving women more privileges and power than men while also making sure that they're seen as superior to men.
Holy shit, I hope you're being facetious, otherwise you need to see a therapist.
>>
>>146989110
>defending a disney shill.
why do you do this
>>
>>146990398
different anon but no one will ever be seen the same way through everyone's eyes unless everyone is blind, deaf, and has no sense of touch.
>>
>>146990369
>There's more double standards in Western society that disadvantage men than women.
Those sorts of things are kind of tied to Women getting more rights, Men don't have to be the bread winners who work to the bone all day if women work too.
>>
>>146990304
not even the best lupin movie 2bh
>>
File: wew lad!.jpg (101KB, 513x486px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad!.jpg
101KB, 513x486px
>>146990369
>is due to social conditioning and misogyny and is totally not their fault or responsibility
>>
>>146990470
I think what he means in how men always get the short end of the stick in divorce settlements, even if the wives cheated on them, etc
>>
Miyazaki definitely deserves praise for standing up to Disney and not letting them butcher his films.

But he is definitely a meme director. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a hack, but he is certainly overhyped along with Anno to say the least.
>>
>>146990448
Of course I was being facetious, why would you bring up them being treated differently when the goal of feminism is equality?
>>
>>146990474
WTF™
THIS LOAD OF CRAP IS SO STUPID
bumping this up on my backlog
>>
>>146990470
Are you serious? Do you not understand the horrible consequences of new age employment/promotion equity? Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>146990560
Because it's not fair. Feminism in general has pretty much went from treating women equally to completely pampering them and treating them like children who never have to take any responsibility for shit they do or say, or like goddesses who can never be called out on anything.
>>
>>146990532
That's mostly because the women don't work though right? Or do women get better deals even if they're equal earners?
>>
>>146990616
>Do you not understand the horrible consequences of new age employment/promotion equity?
Please go ahead and explain them.
>>
>>146990647
It's because the law views women as needing more assistance, in the same way that affirmative action imposes quotas upon institutions on who they can hire or admit regardless of better applicants. It doesn't always happen but it's still a glaring issue of double standards and not a real means of achieving equal opportunity.
>>
>>146990647
They pretty much get better deals either way. Mostly because it's the "mothers should have her children, fathers are deadbeats" kinda thing. Most people see fathers as either being lazy or incompetent.
>>
>>146990632
You can't judge all of feminism on the fringe groups, they're just vocal minorities that do nothing but blow hot air.
>>
/a/ likes to shit on him because /a/ is arbitrary and so many normalfags praise him. It's justified because he is not the best anime director and it's sad normalfags only know one director, also he criticizes otaku to the point it's annoying.

I think Oshii's opinion on him and Takahata is spot on http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/interviews/oshii_on_mt.html

He doesn't let individual animators flourish. He's very old fashioned and his stubbornness both pushed his movies to greatness and pushed the people under him to a creative brink. I wish there was more information surrounding Mamoru Hosoda's time there, because he evidently had a bad time. It seems like a lot of creative talent was crushed under his directing.
>>
Feminazis fuck off this is not anime
>>
>>146990764
this

but if the west continues to become third world then maybe it will be necessary again
>>
>>146990725
>It's because the law views women as needing more assistance
I understand this since women earn less than men but isn't it usually on a case by case basis? Or are divorce lawyers really this dumb?

>in the same way that affirmative action imposes quotas upon institutions on who they can hire or admit regardless of better applicants. It doesn't always happen but it's still a glaring issue of double standards and not a real means of achieving equal opportunity.

I've always thought of affirmative action as an economic aid sort of thing for poor black communities more than an equality thing, though I suppose it was probably more about equality in the past when racism was a much much larger issue.
>>
>>146990910
>again
No. Change will become- heck- it IS necessary, but not what feminism brings.
>>
>>146990740
I haven't really thought about women getting custody more than men but maybe it's to do with helping the child live a life as close to the one prior to divorce as possible.
>>
Sure is anime & manga in here
>>
>>146991010
yeah, but if the woman is messed up, and this is not a raity, then leaving the children with the bitch is the wrong way to go
>>
File: doesn't get it.jpg (39KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
doesn't get it.jpg
39KB, 510x346px
>>146990951
>I understand this since women earn less than men
>>
>>146989110
People are salty that they called anime a mistake.
The actual estate if the medium does give that idea of mediocre entertainment, but I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.

He is right in the fact that most studios don't take their time to study human interaction tho.
>>
I remember someone in one of these threads mentioned how after reading Nausicaa he realized that Miyazaki is Anti-human. It is an idea that sticked out for me.
>>
>>146991207
I wouldn't really say this is true except in the case of someone saying it on live TV maybe
>>
>>146991207
>>146991247
>>146991289
Kill yourselves, this isn't /a/-related in the fucking slightest.
>>
>>146991247
There's a difference between calling someone a pig because they acted like one and calling all men pigs.
>>
>>146991335
>Basic human functions makes you an animal.
Damn, we've really gone full circle huh?
>>
>>146991480
No, then you'd be called a sexist.
>>
>>146991480
Depends who you're with and how you said it.
>>
>>146991756
I hold my bodily functions in to be polite and I expect others to do the same, if I'm with someone I know and they do it it's somewhat fine though.
>>
>>146991834
>im insecure about my basic human functions and i'd rather be uncomfortable than be seen as rude
alright

also even when you do it in front of people you know you get called a pig.
>>
>>146991904
>he sharts in the mart and is proud of it
sad!
>>
>>146991904
>>im insecure about my basic human functions and i'd rather be uncomfortable than be seen as rude
Not insecure, I'd just rather not be impolite, maybe there's a difference between our cultures.

>also even when you do it in front of people you know you get called a pig.
Playfully though.
>>
>>146992000
>sharting is the same as farting or burping
keep projecting, nerd
>>
>>146992055
How dare americans of lesser repeating digits speak in such ways to me
>>
>>146992000
There's a difference between being proud and not giving a shit about what others think. Are you dense?
>>
>>146992100
see >>146992083
>>
please report this shit thread
>>
>>146992147
Mods are literally dead. Four rec threads up right now.
>>
File: 1473383331203.png (177KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1473383331203.png
177KB, 697x768px
because he's a commie, a hippie and a bland director
>>
>>146992593
>commie
no he isn't you dumb weeaboo
>>
>>146991473
We've always been animals. Anyone who has ever said otherwise is delusional.

Read about primate behaviors and chimp politics, we have too much in common for people to go saying, "no, we're not animals because x."
>>
>>146991226
Was it these posts? Taken from the archive.

>He's an emasculinated communist who peaked with Lupin and then decided to remake anit-humanity and hednonistic fun for children movies forever. All while in a Japanese way talking about the current year and how medium needs to change. His movies beyond Lupin aren't even that good. Castle's his best because it lacked pretentiousness and hollow messages of Nausica and Mononoke (barely 6/10 nobody but professional "anime fans" will tell you how great it is) and was less mindless than that god awful Ponyo and Shat Away.
>He's also cucked on WWII and spread his filthy moral relativism to cinema, not making it worse than it was just because he'd get crucified by the public otherwise.
>Literally a SJW.
--------------------------
>>anti-humanity
>He might be a misanthrope now but the attitude he had by the end of the Nausicaa manga and around the time he did Mononoke was pretty fucking pro-human. You're just interpreting his works based on some "anti-SJW" political axe you have to grind but you've not bothered reading Miyazaki's actual thoughts on those works.
>I shit on modern-day Miyazaki all the time, but you're completely full of shit.
>>
>>146992966
Yeah
>>
>>146990474
>not even
you act like it's a small feat.
>>
>doesn't make female characters sex objects with giant tits so that makes him bad
>criticizes anime because he feels most of it is for otakus who don't know how to talk to people which is true
>would rather make fantasy films with good lessons to teach people than shitty romantic comedies that rely on clichés, exaggerated personalities/expressions, and characters who don't even how to talk like actual people

Everything he has a problem with is absolutely spot on to what is wrong with the anime industry. There is way too much shitty shitty shitty anime that's nothing more than fanservice, perverts, little boys beating up monsters, and generic cute anime girls. Whatever happened to storytelling and having cool fleshed out characters? Most anime has become nothing but edgy teen trash and fap material. Why is it so bad to criticize things that are objectively bad and is ruining the anime industry as well as criticizing the people who also feel like the craft is being destroyed?
>>
>>146990591
>WTF

Fuck off
>>
Miyazaki is great director, but there had been questionable stuff he's done on his works like Spirited Away or Howl's moving castle. Like somewhere along that line, I questioned, "since when did this happen or why?" That's the kind of criticism of the movies he made in the past that I can make of him. He can be rather extreme in his view of modern times and the arts have changed that caters more to people rather than cultivating creativity and artistic style of storytelling that alot anime are lacking aesthetically. He can be considered cynical, but how he differs from the norm today can be on either side of good or bad depending on different views. I like his style (wish there was more context) of directing and storytelling; how his views are, I don't know. I really don't know whether to agree with him but I see where he's coming from.
>>
>>146993488
t. tumblrina hambeast
>>
>>146989110
She is 3D, and 3D humans can't make 2D.
>>
>>146989110
Because his last movie was shit.
>>
>>146992966
What are those people even doing on /a/?
>>
>>146994686
He's not wrong though. All the crap that is used in anime nowadays are what's killing it when is the last time you've seen a anime that doesn't feature
>lolis
>shota
>over sexualized women
>Guys talking awkwardly towards girls
>Girls talking awkwardly towards guys
>Women beating the shit out of guys for dumb as fuck reasons

For fuck sake why is communication so weird when it comes to anime? Why must everything be so awkward? Why does Miyazaki and Makoto Shinkai handle it so well but typical anime constantly have their characters act like unnatural retards.
>>
>>146996925
Geez i Hate most of that shit. There are 3 things I cannot stand in any anime
>The opening features the MC running late for school
>characters who have outbursts and just yelling over nothing
>When it's a sad and or dramatic moment and the character says the other character's name for some random reason. Seriously why do they do that
>>
Miyazaki is literally the same as the otaku you keep saying he shits on just because you take one line he said at its literal meaning and not in the context of the entire conversation

then you have >>146993488 and similar people who whine about the industry when it has LITERALLY always been the same shit.

it has always been about putting out what will sell, either itself or by selling merchandise, even back in the 70s. if you want to have something that isn't "commercial" then read manga, why act surprised about anime being what sells when like 90% of anime are adaptations? publishers take offers on properties and fund anime that will sell because it is in their economic interest, which means that adapting something that people already like will benefit them more, and get more people buying its printed materiel and merchandising

anime characters have always behaved differently to actual people, they always had exaggerated personalities and cliche develops in every industry over time, japanese entertainment at large is full of cliche

and they act like there are NO anime or manga that have "storytelling and fleshed out characters" without offering ANY context as to what the fuck they mean by that. pretty much just saying "i dont like this so it is bad".
>>
>>146996925

> Not watching 91 days
>>
I think he's massively overrated
So he made some good anime but he wasn't influential or groundbreaking
For example I prefer Go Nagai as he was much more influential in the history of anime and completely overshadows him
>>
>>146997166
I also want to know why they say the character's name. It never really made any sense and makes the scene very cringe.
>>
>>146996925
t. 23 year old balding male with rimmed glasses
>>
Why is it that because Miyazaki has issues with the anime industry, everyone assumes he has the same issues they do? He's never said anything about CGDCT or harems or any of that, and he's never bashed the industry of the last 10/20 years specifically, and that famous quote about muh looking at real people was in primary reference to animation, not writing, and has been a running complaint of his about the industry since the 60s and 70s - that he thinks there is too much reliance on visual shorthand cribbed from manga and not enough priority given to expressive/realistic character animation, which is key in his own personal philosophy of animation. Seriously, everyone and their dog seems to think that he hates moeshit and post-00 animators and wants the 80s back, but the things he hates about anime are things he's hated about it for most of his life. Miyazaki's idea of "modern anime" stretches back before half of /a/'s parents were born.
>>
We're just returning the feeling
>>
>>146989110
I think Miyazaki said he hated anime for it being generally the same story every time with a few exceptions.
>>
>>146998891
ironic given that every one of his films is exactly the fucking same female empowerment pro-environmentalism fantasy story
>>
>>146997166
>Seriously why do they do that
That's not how you use greentext properly, you cancerous newfag.
>>
>>146998865
You're falling for the meme. Your outrage and essay just proves that you cannot handle the b/a/nter.
>>
>>146998954
>We're all just pretending to be retarded in five arguments a day for the last three years or so!
>>
>>146998987
>dat damage control

C'mon son you can do better.
>>
>>146998814
>he wasn't influential or groundbreaking
He's literally one of the Main reasons why Lupin III is one of the most Iconic franchises of all time. I think he deserves to be considered at least influential because of that as well as influencing Many animation artists (john Lasseter for example). I could name dozens of anime and cartoons that exist because of Miyazaki. Groundbreaking could be debatable but i'm not knowledgeable enough about anime styles and techniques to make that argument.
>>
>>146989110
He's an unironic commie and all his stuff is basically pseudo-Disney. He fits in more with the /co/ crowd than here.
>>
I'm sorry to disappoint you OP, I simply don't care about Miyazaki at all. The only Ghibli movie I've watched is The Wind Rises which I thought was just okay. I fucking love anime but Ghibli movies are very far down in my backlog.
>>
>>146999130
>Wind rises
No wonder you don't care. Watch Laputa or Castle of Cagliostro.
>>
>>146999053
> I could name dozens of anime and cartoons that exist because of Miyazaki
No one's talking about cartoons except for you, and as far as anime, goes he's more or less purposefully segregated himself for the last 30 years, and even over his whole career he has really not had a major influence in shaping the industry at large. His ideas about everything from animation to direction to content to business models were always against the prevailing trends, and they remain so now.
>>
>>146989110
/a/ doesn't really hate his movies, /a/ merely dislikes the person.
>>
>>146989110
>Panda Kopanda was made, well, how many years ago was it, when Japanese TV animation was at its lowest [1972]. If you look at the history of TV animation, there are many such "lowest" times. It's still at a low even now.
-1995 (Panda Kopanda was made in 1972)
> I frankly despise the truncated word "anime" because to me it only symbolizes the current desolation of our industry.

>The general theme in currently popular shows seems to be that the protagonist jumps on a giant machine he couldn’t possible have created on his own, battles the enemy in it, and then boasts about winning. I frankly hate these kind of shows.
>The hallmark of Japanese animation became works with a great deal of pretension, where vaporous and extremely deformed characters inhabited distorted and flashily colorized worlds.
Miyazaki has literally always hated the anime industry, don't fool yourselves.
>>
>>146999841
>The hallmark of Japanese animation became works with a great deal of pretension, where vaporous and extremely deformed characters inhabited distorted and flashily colorized worlds.

Is he describing his own works?
>>
>>146999130
You watched the least Miyazaki Miyazaki movie.
>>
File: 1443700471622.jpg (160KB, 926x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1443700471622.jpg
160KB, 926x1374px
>>146999841
Has Miyazaki ever been happy?
>>
>>146999994
He's said that he's the happiest whenever he draws his tank/weapon short manga. But he never talks about it in public because he's secretly ashamed of it.
>>
>>146991226
His problem is that he has divorced humanity from nature and sees them as the other. Obviously bitter over something specific or perhaps just the same ol themes he's been talking about for decades.

I don't know if he'll ever reconcile them especially considering his age and how stubborn the elderly typically are with their beliefs.
>>
>>146989110
>people using the classic ">people don't agree with me" rhetoric

Shit, you can say you unironically hate food, but don't come crying when you start starving. Hating Miyazaki is hating an undeniable talent in anime, it is more likely that you just hate the medium as a whole.
>>
>>147000811
>Hating Miyazaki is hating an undeniable talent in anime, it is more likely that you just hate the medium as a whole.
How does that even work? Miyazaki's drastically different from most of the medium.
>>
>>147000811
>if someone is considered good at something you're not allowed to not like them
>>
>>147000842
No, but it brings into question your judgement of said "something". Like if a food critic gave an unfavourable review to a restaurant with three Michelin stars. Sure you can say that, shit you might not even be baiting, but at some point you stop being contrarian and begin demonstrating how you don't understand the "something" in question.

I wouldn't consider this argumentum ad populum, rather that the standards by which anime is conventionally praised for and other directors strive towards appear to be technically "perfected" by Miyazaki, to say you flatout just don't enjoy his work questions whether you like anime.
>>
He fell in love with an anime character when he was young.
He's the original moefag, yet normies love him.
Notice how every single movie he made has a little girl as MC?
>>
>>147001120
> rather that the standards by which anime is conventionally praised for and other directors strive towards appear to be technically "perfected" by Miyazaki
You have no fucking clue what you're talking about, then. As I already said, Miyazaki's drastically different and has different priorities from the large majority of the medium and its directors. Hell, practically the entire TV medium is built around limited animation and its associated directing tricks at the expense of consistently high-quality animation, and that approach is the thing Miyazaki hates the most. It's a very divergent approach. Regardless of whether you think he's great or not, anyone who can say with a straight face that Miyazaki "technically perfect the standards that anime directors strive for and are conventionally praised for" has no clue what they're talking about.
>>
>>147001120
not liking miyazakis works because of their writing or characters has nothing to do with not appreciating their direction or animation, or liking other works in the medium. theyre pretty average in every respect other than animation itself and direction

just because something was cooked by a 3 star michelin chef doesn't mean you're going to like it and it doesn't mean they can't make a bad meal. miyazaki is respected but that doesn't make what he crafts perfect in every way, nor does it have to appeal to everyone

in contemporary art there are many styles and just because you make something that is technically well presented doesn't mean that your works will be well recieved, anime is still art and has other aspects than technical presentation that you need to be aware of. everything from the animation and direction to the scriptwriting, dialogue delivery, music and artstyle itself. i don't believe that anyone in this thread who is critical of miyazaki would shit on his works on a technical level, but that they don't enjoy or feel that there is improvements to be made in other areas.

ultimately miyazaki doesn't need his dick riding constantly by people like you who consider his works infallible in every way
>>
>>147001120
> I wouldn't consider this argumentum ad populum
It objectively is, though.
>>
>>146989110
because /a/ is full of 12-olds who think if they claim to "only like mature anime for mature viewers like myself" will be mistaken for grown-ups and who are so casual they think the author of Nausicaa and of Pigs in the Mud only did "kid's stuff". Meaning those who actually know about anime and manga and their history get to laugh and point.
I'm fine with that - I need the laughs.
>>
>>147001396
>/a/ is full of 12-olds who think if they claim to "only like mature anime for mature viewers like myself"

Welcome to your first day on /a/, redditor.
>>
>>146989927
Japanese feminists aren't quite as retarded as ours, yet.
Anyway, even then it's pretty likely he might have just said it to not piss off his legions of female fans.
>>
>>147001311
but it isn't though. that guy didn't say miyazaki was good because the most people like him he basically said miyazaki's the best because he's the most critically lauded or has the most agreeable style. I'm not sure if there's an 'argumentum ad [blank]' for that, maybe argumentum ad antiquitatem, argumentum ad nauseam or argumentum ad infinitum
>>
>>146990951
>women earn less than men
Not for the same work.
Women, overall, earn less than men, overall, because they work in lesser paying fields more often, completely of their own volition.
>>
>>147001550
its basically an appeal to authority
>>
>>146989110
I don't really agree with him on a personal level, but do like his works, which are a bit overrated, at least compared to many other great works which are underrated, in the west, anyway.
>>
>>146989110
Disney whore.
>>
>>147001490
One of said 12-olds detected
>>
>>147002360
Roles in media outside of housewife, daughter or sexual object. Typically during second-wave feminism "better representation" meant not exploited for sexual appeal, not fulfilling a role in a conventional patriarchy (see housewife or daughter) and characters exhibiting masculine traits I will admit that the only good thing about third-wave feminism is that they're more accommodating towards feminine traits in women, though this is likely just to appeal to trans mtf.

These ideals were particularly realised in actresses like Sigourney Weaver and Linda Hamilton in the later 80s to early 90s. Though conventionally attractive they both featured wide, masculine jawlines, athletic physique and starred in blockbuster science fiction movies where a man would have otherwise taken the role. Before Aliens and Terminator 2 the biggest female role in a science fiction blockbuster was in 1977 when Carrie Fisher literally played a Princess who had to be rescued.

Many feminists perceive the progression from figures like that of Carrie Fisher to Sigourney Weaver as "better representation in media" because it showcases an aspirational and multifaceted role for women whose shown overcoming their own action and emotional conflicts.

Tangent: This "bad-ass female" character trait would become so overplayed in the 90s that most feminists would come to resent it and perceive it as pandering so therefore gravitate towards more relatable women in domestic settings whose stories had actually been written by a woman (see shit like Girls or Sofia Coppola movies). Here it kind of gets confusing because feminists kind of get what they want, but see through the ruse of Hollywood executives and reject it anyway. The whole situation demonstrates a kind of audience self-awareness that contemporary feminists don't posses (see Ghostbusters 2016)

sorry for talking your ear off, I take a media course and really miss university
>>
>>146990769
Thanks for the article anon.
>>
>>146999022
Oh come on, enough people believe the anime was a mistake-quote unironically and attribute it to him.
You did so too until yesterday after all.
>>
File: 1451723366374.png (281KB, 535x466px) Image search: [Google]
1451723366374.png
281KB, 535x466px
>>147001142
Mmm...I wonder if it has something to see with the fact his movies are mostly aimed at young girls. Really makes you think.
>>
File: 1156.jpg (40KB, 569x700px) Image search: [Google]
1156.jpg
40KB, 569x700px
You ever have that relative that just moans about the modern world and does it every time he visits you to tell you his outdated opinions and thoughts?

That's Miyazaki, All he has done is family friendly films most of the time yet he talks like he knows the industry inside out while being the Japanese Disney.
>>
>>147005271
Well, the Walt Disney Company is still the God of the entire animation industry which everyone aspires to be, so comparing him to that is quite a compliment.
>>
>>147005315
>Walt Disney Company
>animation
CGI doesn't count, anon
>>
>>147005271
Japanese Disney is still better than American Disney.
>>
>>147005271
>japanese disney

i thought he's basically a discount/poor man's steven spielberg
>>
>>146989110
>/a/ is full of weebs
>miyazaki hates weebs
hmmmm I wonder why
>>
>>147007698
Stop trying to fit in.
>>
>>147007803
Nowadays, yeah, but Disney used to be so fucking good.
Or maybe it's just nostalgia from having watched old Disney as a kid.
>>
>>147008088
Miyazaki actually has new stories.

Most Disney shit is adaptations of classic novels. Some of them are good, but some of them are not.
>>
>>147007855
But he shits on weebs that matter.

Anons who watched thousands of shows and movies might as well not exist, nothing they do matters.
>>
>>146999841
Those are all valid complaints, though.
>>
>>146990769
>I have tons of things I want to say about Takahata-san, -laughs- but Grave of the fireflies attracts my attention most. That's an immoral world, since it's a story of incest. And the image of death is lined up right behind it. In that sense, it was an erotic movie, and it gave me chills.
Grave of the fireflies is erotic? Ghibli is like the Kremlin? What is this guy smoking?
>>
>>147000372
Weird. Source?
>>
>>147003048
That's okay Anon. I know what its like to have to throw out walls of information at people. I once had to explain the entire plot of the metal gear series
>>
“I can’t stand modern movies. The images are too weird and eccentric for me. “

~ Hayao Miyazaki
>>
File: CqAsMjBVIAAOFP5.jpg (114KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CqAsMjBVIAAOFP5.jpg
114KB, 1200x900px
>>146989110
Because he shits on those who feed him.
>>
>>147009342
He's absolutely right.
>>
>>147005210
>his movies are mostly aimed at young girls
ahahahahah
>>
>>147005315
>comparing a director to big-shot producer

The west is retarded, more news at 11.
>>
>>146989110
He's popular and known worldwide. None on /a/ will ever achieve that.
>>
>>147009173
I am so sorry.
>>
>>147009173
I had to do that once, except I knew she didn't really care all that much so I just dumbed down MGS 1 and skipped large chunks of the story

>giant nuclear equipped mechs
>terrorists want them
>1 soldier who is amazing at fighting
>aims to destroy said mechs before it falls in wrong hands
>game is based on stealth
>>
>>146989110
He's a privileged old fart who hasn't had to make anime with the same constraints as anyone else in the past 30 years, yet still has the gall to whine about the current situation of the anime industry and pretend he can do better in their circumstances.
>>
Who cares about Miyazaki anymore? Shinkai is the new hotness and he loves moe and otaku culture without being a hypocrite. Japan is changing and embracing geek culture more openly each day.
>>
>>146989110
Same reason cartoon fans used to shit on Disney before it bought 80% of the media
Too family friendly
>>
He's a commie. /a/ is an anti-communist board.
>>
People calling him shit are retarded, but he's really overrated by normies.
>>
>>146989954
If you don't ironically suck off old Japanese men there is something wrong with you.

Do you even irony? At all?
>>
>>146989323
>one of the greatest living directors
Maybe, but his writing skills were subpar.
>>
>>146990951
>women earn less than men
But they don't. Hour for hour women actually earn $0.02 more than men. Women however spend significantly less time working for their employers than men.
>>
Miyazaki is still the best no matter whatever some Kyoanus retard says.
>>
>>147017042
Ohayo, Hayao-san.
>>
>>147007904
I'm not trying to fit in, I genuinely despise CGI animation, I have ever since I first saw reboot
>>
>>147013433
As your life clearly demonstrates.
>>
>>146989110
I find his environmentalism to be hypocritical, and Nausicaa to essentially be genocidal (read the manga).
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.